Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    1:36: A juicy rumor from NBC Washington:

Sources say it will be between the Eagles or The Redskins for Jairus Byrd #NFLFreeAgency

— Dianna Marie Russini (@NBCdianna) March 11, 2014
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    There's so much shit flying around. I turning off twitter until 4.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Wearing Helmets and Padding in Football :)) haha
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    My guess is Byrd and a Lb will be signed today.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i_lov_it said:

Are you a rugger or Australian football folk?
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

if they end up byrd, i will be fucking ecstatic.....only a little more than an hour away
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

if they end up byrd, i will be fucking ecstatic.....only a little more than an hour away
    I wouldn't be shocked if we end up with 2 safeties today. This Revis rumor is crazy. Not sure if I'd want so a meeee guy back there at the price he's want.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    If you throw enough shit at the wall something will stick, right?

You guys have talked about basically every active NFL player over the past 2 pages. Rumor has it the Eagles are getting Brady to back up Foles.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    JK_Livin said:

i_lov_it said:

AFL although that's Fast becoming 'Non-Contact'
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    i_lov_it said:

JK_Livin said:

i_lov_it said:

AFL although that's Fast becoming 'Non-Contact'
    Kinda like the NFL
  • Options

I wouldn't be shocked if we end up with 2 safeties today. This Revis rumor is crazy. Not sure if I'd want so a meeee guy back there at the price he's want.
    i don't buy the revis rumor. he will want too much.......what if ware gets cut? do you try and sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal?

and i am fine with having nate allen and earl wolf plus whoever we draft to battle it out in training camp.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Signed Malcom Jenkins 3yr deal for 16. He's a free safety and is the same spot Byrd plays. Not sure i'm liking this already. It's early still but not the FS I wanted.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Signed Malcom Jenkins 3yr deal for 16. He's a free safety and is the same spot Byrd plays. Not sure i'm liking this already. It's early still but not the FS I wanted.

he was not my top choice either, but fits in well with what they are doing and still leaves them with lots of cap space. very versatile. gonna wait and see how everything else shakes out...but he's a nice upgrade over chung. i respect tommy lawler's opinion and jenkins was the guy he wanted most:

http://igglesblitz.com/page/2/
    MALCOLM JENKINS

Could be a great fit for the Eagles. Jenkins won’t command mega-bucks. He is a good player and has the size and versatility that I think will attract Chip Kelly and Bill Davis.

Jenkins was used all over the field by the Saints. He played centerfield, in the box, in the slot and even some outside CB. You have to love the fact you can put him in these roles and he’s talented enough to get the job done. The downside…there is nothing great about Jenkins. He lacks the pop of TJ Ward as a hitter. He lacks the ball skills of Jairus Byrd.

Jenkins is a solid hitter and tackler. He’s aggressive and will hit runners/receivers. He takes good angles to the ball. Jenkins looks comfortable playing in traffic or out in space. There were a couple of plays where he made tackles downfield that prevented TDs. This is the most under-appreciated role a Safety plays. Even if you get the guy down at the 1-yard line, make the offense earn the TD.

In the first Carolina game, Jenkins lined up at CB on a play inside the 10-yard line. He pressed and did a solid job. He regularly played in the slot. Eagles coaches could really value that. Brandon Boykin didn’t have a true backup last year. No one was a good slot guy other than him. That’s why you saw Patrick Chung forced into action there a couple of times.

Jenkins is a good leader. The Saints developed a pair of young Safeties last year. That makes him expendable, but you can bet he helped those players develop. The Eagles have 2nd year players in Earl Wolff and Keelan Johnson. They are basically a lock to draft at least one Safety this spring. Jenkins could help bring those players along. Jenkins played on good teams in New Orleans and back at Ohio State. I think he would fit in well with Kelly and the program he’s developing in Philly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    Like the move for Jenkins on a 3 yr deal moreso than what NO gave Byrd.

But in more important news - DONNIE JONES IS BACK FOR 3 YEARS WHAT 16-0 FUCK YOU
  • Options
    I like all 3 signings so far. If you are giving a guy 9 million per year, he needs to be a future hall of famer. Byrd is the highest paid safety ever until Thomas signs. Byrd was not worth it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    not very familiar with this maragos guy...but it sounds like he is they type of player you want on your team--

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/12/eagles-add-safety-maragos/#more-2283381
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ware to Denver deal is done 3yr 30 miil 20 guaranteed. Damn Ward,Talib and Ware,Denver is all in for sure.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

If you throw enough shit at the wall something will stick, right?

You guys have talked about basically every active NFL player over the past 2 pages. Rumor has it the Eagles are getting Brady to back up Foles.

As long as vick isn't the backup this guy will be happy
  • Options

Ware to Denver deal is done 3yr 30 miil 20 guaranteed. Damn Ward,Talib and Ware,Denver is all in for sure.

Um, if you watched the Super Bowl, shouldn't it be the offense that Denver needs to work on?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    holy shit---they just traded for darren sproles. this offense is going to be ridiculous next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014

holy shit---they just traded for darren sproles. this offense is going to be ridiculous next year

Wow. A return game. We are going to have a return game!!!!!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SCORING AT LEAST, AT LEAST, 100 POINTS A GAME.

Still want Benjamin if he's there in the 1st round though....
  • Options
    mccoy
    sproles
    ertz
    celek
    cooper
    maclin
    jackson
    + draft pick

to ago along with one of the best o lines in football........wow. foles' numbers are going to be worse than last year, but he has every opportunity imaginable to prove he is the franchise guy next year.

if you have an elite offense, the defense just has to be solid and vice versa. i really like what this team is doing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    plus it looks like howie swooped in and stole him from the skins. all i was hearing was that the redskins were close to pulling off this trade. good stuff.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ya know, I've been hearing more and more Calvin Pryor is gonna be there at 22. I thought there was no way he hangs around that long?
  • Options
    I didn't realize Sproles' return numbers were bad last year.

Sproles ranked 24th of 27 punt returners last year [6.7 yards per return] and 29th of 31 kick returners [21.3 per return].
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Aw, man. Back to being super obnoxious-asshole fans. I love it. Me and the boys are gearing up for a return to an away trip - thinking San Fran, Green Bay, or AZ.
  • Options
    I like the jenkins signing...hate the sproles trade. Really doesn't make sense to me
  • Options

Aw, man. Back to being super obnoxious-asshole fans. I love it. Me and the boys are gearing up for a return to an away trip - thinking San Fran, Green Bay, or AZ.

We did GB a few years back. Favre's last year w GB. Was first game of season. I know it's cliche, but it's true...you gotta get to Lambeau.
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

We did GB a few years back. Favre's last year w GB. Was first game of season. I know it's cliche, but it's true...you gotta get to Lambeau.
    I remember that game. Believe that was '07? It was between there and New Orleans - we went with the latter. But, yeah, that's what I'm sayin, Lambeau is one of those places. But if it's just about the field then I can do that at any age. I'm thinking SF or AZ while my body's still young and can get into regrettable trouble.