Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't mind if they signed Maclin and drafted a WR in the 1st. Who knows what DJax will do in the future regarding his deal.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    If Maclin is signed I think a DJack/Curry trade is coming. I wouldn't be shocked if we try and get another 1st rd pick.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,523

If Maclin is signed I think a DJack/Curry trade is coming. I wouldn't be shocked if we try and get another 1st rd pick.

i would be shocked at that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I'm probably wrong. But Djack is worth a 2nd rd pick alone? Add Curry and say a 4th or 5th to the mix. Try and grab Odell Beckman who would replace Djack's speed or Kelvin Benjamin. I just see a trade some reason. I'd personally go after the Pitt rush LB and a 2nd tier Safety. Then get a Wr and the best secondary player on the board.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
  • Options
    Fuck! Gano just resigned with the panthers. 79% touchback rate sounds dreamy. =((
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Yeah, that was unfortunately a good read. So there is one Eagle who isn't a complete lunkhead.
  • Options

I'm probably wrong. But Djack is worth a 2nd rd pick alone? Add Curry and say a 4th or 5th to the mix. Try and grab Odell Beckman who would replace Djack's speed or Kelvin Benjamin. I just see a trade some reason. I'd personally go after the Pitt rush LB and a 2nd tier Safety. Then get a Wr and the best secondary player on the board.
    i don't want to to trade desean. i don't think chip and howie do either. our receiving corps, with maclin back, is in very good shape right now. you still draft someone though but now you don't have to do in the first round, unless benjamin or someone of that caliber is there and he's best player available, i guess. mac is only a 1 year deal. so many weapons on this offense...the line is one of the best in the game, ertz is going to be a monster, you got the best rb.....foles will have every tool imaginable to prove he is a franchise qb next year.

the dion jordan rumors surfaced again this week. saw a couple reports where it might take just a 2nd rounder plus someone else (ie: b graham or v curry?). he's not a 4-3 guy, and i read he fell out of favor with the coaching staff. with the new rookie salaries, they are easier to trade now. dude---if we could get him for our 2nd plus b graham, i would be ecstatic. then use the 1st pick on a db.

pitt lb meaning worilds? i would target him too. steelers are not in the best cap position....3-4 defense can never have enough quality line backers.

it's only march 1st, and i am so stoked about this team already.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I did read that trading Jordan would be a 11-12 mil cap hit. Not sure if I want him anyway. If he's available and Chip really wants him, then they'll probably get him. Who knows with all these rumors.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I did read that trading Jordan would be a 11-12 mil cap hit. Not sure if I want him anyway. If he's available and Chip really wants him, then they'll probably get him. Who knows with all these rumors.

it would be a cap hit to the dolphins, not the eagles. this article is talking about trading 22 for him (not sure i would do that though):
    http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-financial-considerations-trading-dion-jordan/

From the side of the Eagles that presents an interesting situation. They would take on cap charges of $1,340,104 in 2014 and $2,275,209 in 2015 which means over the next two years they would pay just an additional $240,887 in salary cap for a player with, on paper, top 5 talent if they execute the trade. The Eagles overall would be responsible for $6,825,626 in total salary paid for Jordan over the next three seasons compared to $6,703,248 for the number 22 pick. The guarantee for the number 22 pick should be just over $7 million with a first year cash payout of $4,738,980. So the Eagles would save over $3 million in cash expenses in 2014 and have less guaranteed salary left for Jordan than on the blind draft pick.

So clearly there would be a financial advantage for the Eagles to strongly consider the trade if they feel that Jordan is truly a top 10 player. Miami would just be accepting a sunk cost as gone and moving on from a player they don’t believe in.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    edited March 2014
    Tom Gamble said a while back that Dion Jordan is a guy you build your def around. I'll roll the dice on him for #22 if thats the case. Mia gave up a nice chunk t move up and grab him.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    DJack rumors are now starting. I read a report today that Buf prob won't tag or resign Byrd. How about a DJack for Byrd trade? We'd obviously have to have a window to negotiate with him before. I had a feeling a few weeks ago if we resigned both Cooper and Maclin DJack could be dealt.

Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski reports there is an "opinion among some in the Eagles' organization" that DeSean Jackson's personality is "not a great fit" with the team's locker room culture, and the Eagles "could be open to trading him."
    This isn't the first D-Jax trade whisper. Per Kempski, the Eagles are "not going to shop Jackson" because doing so would cost them leverage, but "if another team came calling, the Eagles certainly wouldn't laugh and hang up." Even if the odds remain low that Jackson will be shipped off, they grew when the Eagles re-signed Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin. Philly also has an excellent tight end group, and Damaris Johnson, Jeff Maehl, and Arrelious Benn as wideout depth.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    i saw that too and thought of you.....i don't see it though. so you re-sign your number 2 receiver (who did next to nothing in his first 2 seasons) and maclin coming off an acl tear and you trade djack after the kind of year he had? i think that would be a big mistake.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i saw that too and thought of you.....i don't see it though. so you re-sign your number 2 receiver (who did next to nothing in his first 2 seasons) and maclin coming off an acl tear and you trade djack after the kind of year he had? i think that would be a big mistake.

Replace him with a burner in the draft. Byrd gets paid but you lose DJacks money. The rookie Wr will be a Chip guy there for he'll be all in. The fixers dude would be the perfect DJack replacement in this off. Then trade Graham or Curry and a 2nd for Dion Jordan. Use #22 for whatever we need the most at that point. I see a big off season real soon.

Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Tom Gamble said a while back that Dion Jordan is a guy you build your def around. I'll roll the dice on him for #22 if thats the case. Mia gave up a nice chunk t move up and grab him.

Did he say that before the draft so someone else would draft him?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

DJack rumors are now starting. I read a report today that Buf prob won't tag or resign Byrd. How about a DJack for Byrd trade? We'd obviously have to have a window to negotiate with him before. I had a feeling a few weeks ago if we resigned both Cooper and Maclin DJack could be dealt.

Philly.com's Jimmy Kempski reports there is an "opinion among some in the Eagles' organization" that DeSean Jackson's personality is "not a great fit" with the team's locker room culture, and the Eagles "could be open to trading him."
    This isn't the first D-Jax trade whisper. Per Kempski, the Eagles are "not going to shop Jackson" because doing so would cost them leverage, but "if another team came calling, the Eagles certainly wouldn't laugh and hang up." Even if the odds remain low that Jackson will be shipped off, they grew when the Eagles re-signed Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin. Philly also has an excellent tight end group, and Damaris Johnson, Jeff Maehl, and Arrelious Benn as wideout depth.

I think "depth" is reaching for that group.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Did he say that before the draft so someone else would draft him?
    there is no way the eagles pass him up if he was there at 4 last year. it worked out great with us getting lane johnson, but still...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Did you say a 2nd rounder and a couple players for Jordan? Twist my arm....

I thought I read a couple of 1st rounders, which would not be worth it.

I still say get Benjamin if he's there, and then go all D in the draft/free agency. Either/or along with some offensive depth.

I like where things are headed.
  • Options
    Avant will be missed. He was a great team leader and representative of the organization. How soon will he be a Chief?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Avant will be missed. He was a great team leader and representative of the organization. How soon will he be a Chief?

or the jets with morningwheg up there.

you hear about the new extra point rule they are thinking about? making it 43 yards? i'm usually against changes like that, but this would make the game even more exciting. the extra point would no longer be a gimmie. much more strategy would be involved......and alex henery would be out of the league within a year or two. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think I'm indifferent on the extra point. They keep taking the foot out of football. Maybe they should make the goal posts tighter.

Now we have lot's of cap space, Byrd, Edelman?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304

JK_Livin said:

or the jets with morningwheg up there.

you hear about the new extra point rule they are thinking about? making it 43 yards? i'm usually against changes like that, but this would make the game even more exciting. the extra point would no longer be a gimmie. much more strategy would be involved......and alex henery would be out of the league within a year or two. haha
    Avant - good guy average receiver.

extra points - they do have to change it but 43 might be a tad too long. I do think the goal posts need to be higher and/or not as wide. even field goals these days are made at a too high of a rate.
  • Options
    Jason had a lot of intangibles that won't be easily replaced.

EP, just eliminate it. This seems like a precursor to that.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Jason had a lot of intangibles that won't be easily replaced.

EP, just eliminate it. This seems like a precursor to that.

i don't want it eliminated. i like the idea of making it harder. maybe 43 is a tad too long...but they made 86% of them last year. i would think originally it was more difficult with the old balls they used back in the day.

regarding our cap space: the birds still have about 23 million to spend. the thing is, if foles is indeed the franchise qb, he will take up a big chunk beginning next year.....but i heard the cap increases by over 10 million next year. so....yada yada yada, we got room.

i want them talking to byrd, ward, and whitner. a solid safety, plus an olb who can consistently get to the qb....boom--we are set.

make it happen howie.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It should be like rugby and get rid of the hash marks in regards to field goals - where ever you score from you should have to kick from that mark on the field, ala an actual touch down.
  • Options
    Avant thanks for your time. Ask Romo if extra points should be gone. Stop trying to change things and leave the game alone.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    look like the eagles are one of the teams who have reached out to mitchell's agent. even the 2nd tier guys like him or malcom jenkins would be a big upgrade over patrick chung and wouldn't break the bank.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tick Tock!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer