******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

But seriously - how is Calvin Pryor gonna be there at the 22nd pick? I just don't see it.

Don't worry, we'll be trading up to get a D lineman.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    JK_Livin said:

But seriously - how is Calvin Pryor gonna be there at the 22nd pick? I just don't see it.

Don't worry, we'll be trading up to get a D lineman.
    They've done this before and we've seen how that worked out. I think there's some solid value in the 2nd/3rd rounds with OLD/DEs that could be had.

I'd go 1) Pryor 2) Benjamin, if both are there at the time. And if I'm trading up, I'm trading up for Pryor because I just don't see how he's there at 22.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Just take the best player available. There are still 6 weeks before the draft. i'm sure there will be more changes to the roster that may sway the pick slightly.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JK_Livin said:

Just take the best player available. There are still 6 weeks before the draft. i'm sure there will be more changes to the roster that may sway the pick slightly.

and i'm not giving up hope on those dion jordan rumors. haha
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Signed Sproles to a 2yr extension. No terms listed yet.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Hopefully they can trade Brown.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Hopefully they can trade Brown.

He was the odd man out even without Sproles imo. Polk took the #2 last yr down the stretch.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Sounds like they're bringing back Allen at safety...which I'm ok with for depth. It's looking like Benjamin at 22 is becoming more and more of a possibility.

Sounds like they're bringing back Allen at safety...which I'm ok with for depth. It's looking like Benjamin at 22 is becoming more and more of a possibility.

He was better last year than than the previous two. I think he'd be even better if the other safety wasn't a pile of poop like Chung or Coleman.

Let him battle with Wolf and whoever they draft in camp...it might still be Pryor if they think he is bpa
    www.myspace.com
    He's back for competition which isn't a bad thing.

This move probably means that FA has ended. :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

He was better last year than than the previous two. I think he'd be even better if the other safety wasn't a pile of poop like Chung or Coleman.

Let him battle with Wolf and whoever they draft in camp...it might still be Pryor if they think he is bpa
    Allen's definitely more of a free safety, no? I don't see how they want him on the field at SS. I know safeties in this system essentially split the field in half, but I don't see how he starts. I'm not saying Wolff is a lock at the other spot, but I don't see how he doesn't get first shot. Now, if Pryor is there, sure, but I just don't see how that happens.

Though, I definitely do like how they're structuring this roster for flexibility in all positions come draft time. Plus, between the money DeSean is making, and resigning Foles will be coming up, I don't see how they lock all the money up in the receiver position. C'moooon Benjamin.

If Maclin is signed I think a DJack/Curry trade is coming. I wouldn't be shocked if we try and get another 1st rd pick.

i would be shocked at that.
    D.Gunn saying the Birds are shopping DJAck for a 3rd rd pick. SF and NE checking in.
    Go Birds!!!!

If Maclin is signed I think a DJack/Curry trade is coming. I wouldn't be shocked if we try and get another 1st rd pick.

D.Gunn saying the Birds are shopping DJAck for a 3rd rd pick. SF and NE checking in.
    That would make no sense. Why would they go into next year with 2 question marks and a rookie? I am not buying these rumors
    www.myspace.com
    I wouldn't do it for a 3rd and SF and NE can't afford him. He'd be making more than Patrick Willis. Also, he's not going anywhere without a new deal.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    What does it say about him, if all you can get is a 3rd?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

What does it say about him, if all you can get is a 3rd?

none of this makes sense to me. you? if i were a gm i would listen to any offer that is presented to me for just about all of my current roster. i don't think this is anything more than that....topped off by wild media speculation and irrational fans calling into sports radio comparing him to aaron hernandez. yes. no lie, i tuned in for 5 minutes on the way home last night and some dope made that comparison on 97.5.

he is one of 4 receivers in the league to have 80 or more catches and average 16 ypc last year. a career year for him, in one of the best offenses in team history. i would want to build off of that, not make it worse.

and people act like he is getting arrested every other week or so. he's never been arrested. never tested positive for drugs of peds. in '11 he acted like a bitch with his contract situation and there have been a few other minor dustups but nothing too serious imo. he's a receiver. they are a little diva-ish by nature.

that said, i could see him out of here this time next year, if mac is resigned and whoever they draft is legit. by the way, cue up more rumors and sports radio nonsense as chip is at fsu's pro day today looking at benjamin. i don't think it matters if desean is on this team or not, they are taking him if he is available and they perceive him to be bpa.

oh and if ne somehow lands him, you can book their trip to the super bowl.
    www.myspace.com
    No sense to me but because the Eagles and Desean's agent aren't speaking, the rumors will fly.

Is your last comment in reference to Benjamin?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

No sense to me but because the Eagles and Desean's agent aren't speaking, the rumors will fly.

it was in ref to if the eagles traded him to ne......but same could be true if they draft benjamin too, perhaps. their defense has the potential to be real good again with revis and browner in their secondary. 0 just needs another weapon...
    www.myspace.com

JK_Livin said:

it was in ref to if the eagles traded him to ne......but same could be true if they draft benjamin too, perhaps. their defense has the potential to be real good again with revis and browner in their secondary. 0 just needs another weapon...
    Ok. I read that as he not ne. Whoops.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I love this desean jackson stuff. Personally, I'd move him for a 3rd in a heartbeat...especially with this draft class.

the rumors could definitely be a ploy to get him to stop crying like the little bitch that he is. scare him straight, which will only work temporarily...he will be whining about this contract as soon as he has a good game.

If they trade desean and another team is dumb enough to sign vick then this will be the greatest offseason ever.
    Unless the relationship in irreparable, I say stick with the known rather than the unknown. We should remember how hard it is to get a good WR. I wonder how deep the draft was when FredEx was picked in the 20's? Not matter how deep a draft is supposed to be, it's still a crap shoot for the most part. Although, I do have a little more faith in Chip picking players the previous regime.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Unless the relationship in irreparable, I say stick with the known rather than the unknown. We should remember how hard it is to get a good WR. I wonder how deep the draft was when FredEx was picked in the 20's? Not matter how deep a draft is supposed to be, it's still a crap shoot for the most part. Although, I do have a little more faith in Chip picking players the previous regime.

you're looking at things too rationally. you should move to a different city. haha
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited March 2014
    JK_Livin said:

you mean stick with the known crybaby? the guy who bitches after every game about his contract. the one who has openly admitted that he dogged it for an entire season when he wasn't happy with his contract. the one who gets paid 10 mill a year to disappear in big games. that's who you want to stick with? if you're going to keep losers you might as well keep vick as well

funny that people have more faith in him since he is winning with an offense that starts 2 of his players and 9 of reids. and he traded up for a terrible qb in his only draft. he's also the guy who signed james casey, who is a waste of money. and signed jeff maehl over more viable options (like my boy da'rick rogers).

what good offensive pieces has he added? lane johnson with the 4th overall pick was a layup. that's it

kelly couldn't beat reid on the field last year, but his press conferences were awesome. especially after he lost a playoff game as a four point favorite at home.

but I'm not going to attempt to talk sense into a fanbase who likes buddy ryan more than their best coach ever.
    Post edited by Kat on

Sounds like DJack was pissed he didn't get a call from Chip

JK_Livin said:

you're looking at things too rationally. you should move to a different city. haha
    I agree also. Trading a dude who opens up the field for everyone for a 3rd rd pick is moronic. DJack is a whiny asshole,but the dude is a weapon and had a killer yr. Why go backwards unless you have no choice. This draft has talented Wr's,but none of them would provide what DJack would this yr. We could have a championship Off already. Why would we break that up? Add to the def and see what happens. Chip may be a fat little dude,but that fat little dude took over a shitty team and made them a playoff team ASAP. Not to mention broke Off records in 1 season.
    Go Birds!!!!
    edited March 2014

Sounds like DJack was pissed he didn't get a call from Chip

JK_Livin said:

I agree also. Trading a dude who opens up the field for everyone for a 3rd rd pick is moronic. DJack is a whiny asshole,but the dude is a weapon and had a killer yr. Why go backwards unless you have no choice. This draft has talented Wr's,but none of them would provide what DJack would this yr. We could have a championship Off already. Why would we break that up? Add to the def and see what happens. Chip may be a fat little dude,but that fat little dude took over a shitty team and made them a playoff team ASAP. Not to mention broke Off records in 1 season.
    Agreed on all accounts, my friend. It's just common sense.

Aprihop is phenomenal, by the way. First time having tonight. Highly recommend
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

you mean stick with the known crybaby? the guy who bitches after every game about his contract. the one who has openly admitted that he dogged it for an entire season when he wasn't happy with his contract. the one who gets paid 10 mill a year to disappear in big games. that's who you want to stick with? if you're going to keep losers you might as well keep vick as well

funny that people have more faith in the fat little pole smoker since he is winning with an offense that starts 2 of his players and 9 of reids. and bitch tits traded up for a terrible qb in his only draft. he's also the guy who signed james casey, who is a waste of money. and signed jeff maehl over more viable options (like my boy da'rick rogers).

what good offensive pieces has he added? lane johnson with the 4th overall pick was a layup. that's it

kelly couldn't beat reid on the field last year, but his press conferences were awesome. especially after he lost a playoff game as a four point favorite at home.

but I'm not going to attempt to talk sense into a fanbase who likes buddy ryan more than their best coach ever.
    Here we go again. "Pole smoker", are you that childish? Where do they sell those NFL GM and coaching hats again?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I always bring up this site. Love it.