Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

Unless the relationship in irreparable, I say stick with the known rather than the unknown. We should remember how hard it is to get a good WR. I wonder how deep the draft was when FredEx was picked in the 20's? Not matter how deep a draft is supposed to be, it's still a crap shoot for the most part. Although, I do have a little more faith in Chip picking players the previous regime.

you mean stick with the known crybaby? the guy who bitches after every game about his contract. the one who has openly admitted that he dogged it for an entire season when he wasn't happy with his contract. the one who gets paid 10 mill a year to disappear in big games. that's who you want to stick with? if you're going to keep losers you might as well keep vick as well

funny that people have more faith in the fat little pole smoker since he is winning with an offense that starts 2 of his players and 9 of reids. and bitch tits traded up for a terrible qb in his only draft. he's also the guy who signed james casey, who is a waste of money. and signed jeff maehl over more viable options (like my boy da'rick rogers).

what good offensive pieces has he added? lane johnson with the 4th overall pick was a layup. that's it

kelly couldn't beat reid on the field last year, but his press conferences were awesome. especially after he lost a playoff game as a four point favorite at home.

but I'm not going to attempt to talk sense into a fanbase who likes buddy ryan more than their best coach ever.
    Here we go again. "Pole smoker", are you that childish? Where do they sell those NFL GM and coaching hats again?
    Haha,

If Maclin is signed I think a DJack/Curry trade is coming. I wouldn't be shocked if we try and get another 1st rd pick.

i would be shocked at that.
    D.Gunn saying the Birds are shopping DJAck for a 3rd rd pick. SF and NE checking in.
    Sounds like DJack was pissed he didn't get a call from Chip

JK_Livin said:

Unless the relationship in irreparable, I say stick with the known rather than the unknown. We should remember how hard it is to get a good WR. I wonder how deep the draft was when FredEx was picked in the 20's? Not matter how deep a draft is supposed to be, it's still a crap shoot for the most part. Although, I do have a little more faith in Chip picking players the previous regime.

you're looking at things too rationally. you should move to a different city. haha
    I agree also. Trading a dude who opens up the field for everyone for a 3rd rd pick is moronic. DJack is a whiny asshole,but the dude is a weapon and had a killer yr. Why go backwards unless you have no choice. This draft has talented Wr's,but none of them would provide what DJack would this yr. We could have a championship Off already. Why would we break that up? Add to the def and see what happens. Chip may be a fat little dude,but that fat little dude took over a shitty team and made them a playoff team ASAP. Not to mention broke Off records in 1 season.
    Agreed on all accounts, my friend. It's just common sense.

Aprihop is phenomenal, by the way. First time having tonight. Highly recommend
    No doubt on the Aprihop. I have a case of that,Nuggett Nectar and a half a case of Laquintas Sucks. Imo 3 of the best beers ever. Dogfish 60,Hopslam and Laquintas Maximus are also amazing.

Anyone who doesn't look at it like that need to understand the game better imo. I know he's 2-3 yrs older then Harvin but he's BETTER. The only way i'd move him is for 2 and a 4 at the very least. And honestly that's to low when were a legit top 3 Off.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,486
    http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/21/desean-believes-days-philly/#more-2327631

san fran, seattle, and new england are apparently all in the mix. 3 of the best teams in the league. for the life of me, i don't understand any of this. we're trying to beat these teams, not make them better, right? wtf...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,554

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/21/desean-believes-days-philly/#more-2327631

san fran, seattle, and new england are apparently all in the mix. 3 of the best teams in the league. for the life of me, i don't understand any of this. we're trying to beat these teams, not make them better, right? wtf...

Yea. that makes no sense.

If the Eagles do trade him(and i don't think they should), they better trade him to the Raiders. Get him as far away from Philly so he doesn't come back to haunt them.

• Options
    Marc Sanchez to the Birds is what Mortenson is saying. Not sure if I like this one. Better then Bakley,but no what I was thinking.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,259

Marc Sanchez to the Birds is what Mortenson is saying. Not sure if I like this one. Better then Bakley,but no what I was thinking.

yeah not sure how i feel about this. better than barkley but stil....
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    haha. Get your girlie head bands, boys.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    So we go from dog killer to the butt fumble guy? Is that a step up? :-S
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    :))

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YB_vYivXWg
    eh, as a backup, this could be a decent buy low move....hopefully he never has to take a meaningful snap here.

in other news, WHAT THE FUCK is going on with desean jackson???? there has to be something huge behind the scenes we are not aware of. otherwise, i still cannot make any sense out of it...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    Sanchez might be the 1st real backup in Eagles history that the fans won't be calling for. if signs not a ringing endorsement of Matt Barkley.

the Desean thing has to be personality related. if they do trade him they better get a stud receiver in the draft. Cooper and Maclin coming off a bad knee could be ugly even for a so-called offensive genius.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "a so-called offensive genius." haha....do you know anyone who actually calls him that? i don't.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    take heart....colin cowherd asks "who do you trust with offensive personnel? kelly? or ryan? good point, I think.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

take heart....colin cowherd asks "who do you trust with offensive personnel? kelly? or ryan? good point, I think.

Colin Cowherd? Haha...you LOVE espn. Admit it!

He's a backup. Bad starters make good backups.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

imalive said:

as it turns out, cowherd was talking more about the dog killer and how chip thought he was expendable but Rex wanted him. and, yeah, I listen to cowherd.....I've heard some of those goombas you have on Philly radio....sal and vinny in the morning!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Now they want Mathis to take a pay cut and he may be on the block?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Did we win the super bowl last year? Maybe I missed that. Because this off season reminds me of what you hear from SB winning teams the yr after.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    imalive said:

imalive said:

as it turns out, cowherd was talking more about the dog killer and how chip thought he was expendable but Rex wanted him. and, yeah, I listen to cowherd.....I've heard some of those goombas you have on Philly radio....sal and vinny in the morning!
    Nothing worse than Philly sports radio. Just awful.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Sports talk is a fucking oxymoron as it is.

I'll take these local idiots over anyone else though.
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Did we win the super bowl last year? Maybe I missed that. Because this off season reminds me of what you hear from SB winning teams the yr after.
    That info was incorrect. Turns out Rosenhaus asked for a new deal so the Eagles said to look for a trade partner. The dude is 33 and scheduled to make between 5-6 million per year over the next 3 years. Good luck Mathis.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Mark sanchez. Haha
  • Options
    Sounds like Desean is very well liked by his teammates.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Uh oh!

Exclusive: LAPD tells http://NJ.com they have linked two murders since 2010 to gang associates of DeSean Jackson #Eagles
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Released!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    And that's that. Good. Fuck em. Brandin Cooks it is.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    JK_Livin said:

Uh oh!

Exclusive: LAPD tells http://NJ.com they have linked two murders since 2010 to gang associates of DeSean Jackson #Eagles
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

Wow. It's amazing how fucking dumb some of these NFL guys are. Not shocked at all the Eagles got rid of him...especially after the whole Hernandez thing...
  • Options
    WOW,WOW,WOW. I said a month ago he'd be traded. But damn this is shocking. Jugs WOW
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    I really hope there's more to this story and that Chip's a genius.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Whats funnier is that none of the Philly media is reporting the gang stuff. It was snuffed out by NJ.com
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    I would LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE for Desean Jackson to end up in jail.