Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,525

Dion Jordan for the 22nd pick? These rumors have been around for a few days. Mia is playing a 4-3 and he doesn't fit that scheme. I'd roll the dice on that I think.

he was taken 4th last year though, right? they'd have to give up a more than 22. i'd throw in brandon graham maybe.
    he went 3,we had 4 last year. And from what i've read the #22 pick is plenty. A Chip guy with actual talent. I'd probably make the move.
    Well after last year they'd definitely be buying low, if that's possible on a guy taken third less than a year ago. Maybe.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Dion Jordan for the 22nd pick? These rumors have been around for a few days. Mia is playing a 4-3 and he doesn't fit that scheme. I'd roll the dice on that I think.

he was taken 4th last year though, right? they'd have to give up a more than 22. i'd throw in brandon graham maybe.
    he went 3,we had 4 last year. And from what i've read the #22 pick is plenty. A Chip guy with actual talent. I'd probably make the move.
    Well after last year they'd definitely be buying low, if that's possible on a guy taken third less than a year ago. Maybe.
    I never get why teams draft guys and then completely change the system. You moved up to 3 and now a year later have no spot for the dude????
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen: the Miami Dolphins
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    defense
    defense
    defense

...especially after watching that game last nigh: more defense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Let's not forget that our O-line didn't play its best v. Dallas and NO. Take the best player period. It's not too often a team gives up on the 3rd pick after just one year. Maybe he's a stiff.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Let's not forget that our O-line didn't play its best v. Dallas and NO. Take the best player period. It's not too often a team gives up on the 3rd pick after just one year. Maybe he's a stiff.

some players are meant for certain systems. jordan's probably more suited for 3-4.

i'm fine with the o-line. draft for depth later there....our d played much better than expected, but they just don't have the play makers san fran and seattle have right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    I want that Kelvin Benjamin dude with the 1st round pick. I don't know, this dude looks perfect for this scheme and what they need. And I know defense needs to be improved, but fuck it.
  • Options

I want that Kelvin Benjamin dude with the 1st round pick. I don't know, this dude looks perfect for this scheme and what they need. And I know defense needs to be improved, but fuck it.

he's that big wideout from fsu right? we haven't had a dominant big receiver since terrell owens. he would be perfect. yeah....i would just take best available of any of these positions: wideout, corner, safety, outside lb
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

he's that big wideout from fsu right? we haven't had a dominant big receiver since terrell owens. he would be perfect. yeah....i would just take best available of any of these positions: wideout, corner, safety, outside lb
    Yeah, he is. This dude's got two inches and about 10 or 15 pounds on TO too. I just think this dude would be too good to pass up if he's still there.
  • Options
    Harry Gamble died this morning.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    defense
    defense
    defense
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304

defense
    defense
    defense

how did I know you'd be the 1st on here to chirp about defense? does it make you question having an offensive genius at the helm of the birds?

and Juggler I have to say I almost was a fraud fan last week. when I 1st saw the PJ Seahawks shirt I considered buying it cause it looked pretty cool but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't see myself ever wearing it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    pjhawks said:

defense
    defense
    defense

how did I know you'd be the 1st on here to chirp about defense? does it make you question having an offensive genius at the helm of the birds?

and Juggler I have to say I almost was a fraud fan last week. when I 1st saw the PJ Seahawks shirt I considered buying it cause it looked pretty cool but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't see myself ever wearing it.
    i just love the way that seattle team is built. powerful running game. qb who doesn't turn the ball over and that defense....god that defense just reminds me late 80's early 90's eagles defenses.

yeah i don't know about that genius talk. hell of a first year, but that's crazy. he's just very good at adapting to his personnel, which is refreshing around here.

and if anything, this just makes me upset again at reid for taking brandon graham over earl thomas....and trading up to do so. doh! can you imagine if this defense had a safety like him back there?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Even Earl Thomas thought the birds were drafting him. If we only could have gotten rid of Banner and Reid a few years earlier.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

Even Earl Thomas thought the birds were drafting him. If we only could have gotten rid of Banner and Reid a few years earlier.

ah well....water under the bridge. we're moving in the right direction finally....free agency starts in ONE MONTH.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Good for Seattle - love that city.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    just remember when times get tough with this team....could always be worse. we could be browns fans.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Farmer wasn't in on the decision to hire Pettine. This could get uglier.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Have seen Odell beckham Jr ranked in the range where the eagles pick. Would LOVE to see them take him in round 1. Dude is a beast...arguably the best WR in this class
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    given what happened a few years ago with their big free agent splashes, i would think the eagles would not be too interested in byrd...but he would improve this defense so much and allow them to focus on other areas in the draft. i'd love to for them to get in the mix for him. gonna cost a lot but safeties are more important than ever now. good read:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/02/13/22-jairus-byrd-question/
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2014
    Odell Beckham Jr.

Take him and thank me later. Dude is gonna be a MONSTER

Then again, the fat little turd wanted jeff maehl over darick rogers, so I'm not holding my breath. He will probably draft josh huff

Also, I've mentioned him before here...I don't think he will be drafted (if he does it will be late), but I would love to see them take colt lyerla. he is messed up but the fat troll knows him. guy is super talented...would be a steal like bryce brown was
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    so we went from a fat whale of a coach to a fat little troll of a coach? got it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so this peters deal looks pretty good. the whole line is now signed through '16 (they will likely extend kelce soon). and it fees up 2 million of cap space right now. good stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

so this peters deal looks pretty good. the whole line is now signed through '16 (they will likely extend kelce soon). and it fees up 2 million of cap space right now. good stuff.

That sucks that he dislocated his finger in the 1st game of the year I believe.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Boom! Kelce and Cooper, next Maclin.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Boom! Kelce and Cooper, next Maclin.

gotta like the job roseman has done these last few years. locking up young talent to team friendly deals like the birds used to do way back in the day....yet he isn't afraid to reward all pro vets like j peters (ie: what they should have done with b dawk).

cooper's deal is only 8 mil guaranteed too. maclin's should only be a one year deal, hopefully. draft is deep with wid eout talent...still want to see them address this position but these moves allow them to focus more on defense.

onward and upward.
    chinese-happy.jpg