Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787

I would LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE for Desean Jackson to end up in jail.

Isn't that just inevitable at this point??

The statement he just released is hilarious.
  • Options
    TheseGoToElevenTheseGoToEleven Charlotte, NC Posts: 106
    Tell me this is not true. This would be the cherry on our off-season insanity.
    [i]Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?[/i]
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    absolutely stunning to just release him. doesn't make a lot of sense. not really shocking he is a gang member. I wonder what is going to come out about the stolen money from his condo. be interesting to see if anyone takes a chance on him.

and birds better draft a stud wide receiver or next year could be a long one.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I agree with cutting him. But it's deff a double edge sword. Eagles sign a convicted dog killer and resign a known racist. Yet they cut a possible gang member. There's deff gonna be another shoe to drop.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

I agree with cutting him. But it's deff a double edge sword. Eagles sign a convicted dog killer and resign a known racist. Yet they cut a possible gang member. There's deff gonna be another shoe to drop.

just makes you think they either suspect or know there is some bad shit going on with him. the whole stolen money thing reeked from the beginning.

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

You really took that punt return hard!
    :))
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

just makes you think they either suspect or know there is some bad shit going on with him. the whole stolen money thing reeked from the beginning.

There's 100% more stuff to drop. Makes no sense at all to cost yourself 4mill in cap space otherwise. I'd love Watkins or Evans,but we can't get that high up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    How about Cooks?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

How about Cooks?

That's what I'm sayin'....
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

How about Cooks?

He's a burner. I think Chip wants height with his next WR.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,259
    you gotta admit this was epic though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9prEhmGafqM
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485

well as a giants fan, i guess you are all too familiar with wide receivers ending up in jail.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well now i guess it all makes sense. and there has got to be a lot more to the story than what came out yesterday. but god damn it, this sucks. the team is worse today than it was 24 hours ago and now there is a glaring need on offense heading into the draft. i get it though. the quotes by maclin and those guys the other night make sense and the fact that nobody has come out in desean's defense, while players like kelce seem overjoyed tell you all you need to know.

what's interesting to me is that the eagles were contacted by the lapd about all this in 2011 and they didn't return the call...then they go and resign desean a few months later. that just speaks to the difference between these two regimes. reid was more tolerant of poor behavior, especially later in his term (and his team eventually quit on him). kelly obviously doesn't want to put up with the headaches. so here we are. i'b bet kc would sign him if they had the cap space.

with all the wide out talent in the draft, they can still go with bpa with the first pick. and the sproles signing makes even more sense as i really think he will be used more as a receiver. but for those who think desean is easily replaceable on the field, i strongly disagree with you:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/26/5549806/desean-jackson-eagles-stats-replaced

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,735

JK_Livin said:

How about Cooks?

Despite the rivalry, Chipster likes the Beavs. They won't have an off the field issues with Cooks as he's a class act all around.

• Options

JK_Livin said:

How about Cooks?

Despite the rivalry, Chipster likes the Beavs. They won't have an off the field issues with Cooks as he's a class act all around.

If you're not gonna get a big receiver that is an all-around dominant receiver (which is easy to find, right?), then I'm all about this dude. He can do everything you were asking of DeSean - open up the field, demand coverage of the safety and possibly the corner at the same time, has return skills, oh, plus he's stronger. Seems like a no-brainer to me. And, yeah, like you said, not an idiot.
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    JK_Livin said:

Drove by this a couple times over the last week or so going back and forth from the airport. Have been wondering how quickly it was going to come down.

• Options
    so looks like with one move Chip Kelly has made a division rival better and his team worse and got zero for the effort. this might not end up well.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

so looks like with one move Chip Kelly has made a division rival better and his team worse and got zero for the effort. this might not end up well.

I don't believe he's signed anywhere yet.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

So it is TO all over again. Haha

Skins deal is not done yet though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

So it is TO all over again. Haha

Skins deal is not done yet though...
    TO got us to a super bowl so what happened after that was totally worth it.

6abc.com was reporting earlier he signed with the Skins but I guess they are saying it's not true now (yet).
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I supported getting rid of TO at the time, but in hindsight, it just seems ridiculous that they could not work something out. And the fact that they actually did get to a Super Bowl with him is all the more reason they should have worked something out with him. Maybe they actually would have won one in the next couple years.

With Desean, it seems the Eagles were in a lose lose situation. Whole thing sucks...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    official he's going to DC :-O
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cannot wait for these games...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Can wait to sell those tix because it will probably be a prime time game now.

Juggler is right, this sucks and we'll never get an explanation.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

Chip Kelly's reaction to DeSean Jackson signing with the Redskins :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Chip Kelly's reaction to DeSean Jackson signing with the Redskins :))

THAT is some funny shit right there. haha

sielski making some good points today (when did this guy come back to philly? i thought he was writing for the wsj or something?)

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20140402_Eagles_offense_built_to_succeed_without_DeSean.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    That. Is. Awesome.
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley