Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    concerned about our secondary tonight. earl wof is questionable so he might play. we need him. even if he plays, he's not 100% though. colt anderson is healthy so hopefully kurt coleman doesn't see the field for anything other than special teams. jimmy graham is going to get his catches and yards but they also have stills, colston and sproles. definitely need more pressure on brees than we had last week. their lt is out, so hopefully cole and graham can get pressure. pierre thomas being out means they will be even more one dimensional so that will help

on offense---the saints d is better than in years past but not so much against the run. do what you do best chip--feed shady all night long. mix in polk and brown. like it has all year, this will open up shots down field. saints have a couple injuries in the secondary. desean has been relatively quiet since the vikings game. need to get him the ball. foles in his first playoff game--he's already proved he's the guy, still there's an unknown in this kind of environment. i expect him to play well though. hopefully we do not see brad smith in the backfield at all.

fuck the cold weather and this being a dome team and their road record stuff.....i was at the tampa game. the saints are a good team. not great and certainly beatable. they can absolutely win this game.

i like the over. i think both teams will score around 30 points. can go either way, think it's going to come down to the last couple minutes.. as much as alex henery has struggled this year, graham hartley is worse..fuck it: hartley misses the game winner and.....: 31-30 BIRDS!!!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834
    Yeah, I've been feeling good about this game all week until this morning....it's just like....fuck. That offense has sooo many weapons. We certainly can win this game, but they gotta take the wind out of the sails of that NO offense early.

That crowd better be insane tonight. Gotta score early, rush Brees early and send him to the ground, and therefore get this crowd fucking bonkers. I'm talking blind rage, foaming at the mouth, bonkers. There's no excuse for sitting during this entire game, especially the beginning. I want Saints players on the field thinking, "Man, what the fuck is wrong with these people?"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    aaaaaaaaand just like that i'm not going to the game again. man what a whirl wind of emotions i've been riding these last 24 hours. well now i will be nice and toasty in my living room with the xmas tree lit up and the fireplace roaring and a dozen or so beers lined up waiting to be drank. LET'S DO THIS.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This game needs to hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299

aaaaaaaaand just like that i'm not going to the game again. man what a whirl wind of emotions i've been riding these last 24 hours. well now i will be nice and toasty in my living room with the xmas tree lit up and the fireplace roaring and a dozen or so beers lined up waiting to be drank. LET'S DO THIS.

that sucks. i'm staying in and watching it as well.

I say Eagles- 30, Saints- 24

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Da'rick rogers continues to make plays. Still cant believe kelly chose jeff maehl over him.
  • Options
    andy reid.....hahahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tome's yours Andy,hahahahahaha
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    cut alex henery tonight.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,299

cut alex henery tonight.

sounded like chip threw him under the bus, but yeah he's gone.

couldn't stop the run and that last special team run by sproles hurt a lot. :|
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Good season. Chip made many mistakes this year. But the future is bright and this off season is huge. I think we have a bright future and a super bowl is 1-3 yrs away.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone think chip kelly is a good coach? I don't. I know most here don't watch the better product that is college football. Dude was same tonight as he was in every big game he coached in college. The saints didn't even play well and they still won because Payton outcoached the fat frog (who I think is legit gay...not that there's anything wrong with that...as long as the guys in tight pants don't distract him...think about it. dude is in his late 40's...never married...never rumored to have a gf. and collinsworth even said tonight that kelly doesn't like to talk about his personal life. He's gay).

Yeah, they won a horseshit division, but he did a lot of things that annoyed me this year. Stuff he got a pass for since they were beating shitty teams...or teams without their best players. Calling timeouts on extra points...calling timeouts on punts...going for it on his own 30, not getting it, then challenging it and wasting a time out (did he win a challenge all year??).

I think they got lucky this year...they won more games than I expected, but I'm not sold that their record was more attributable to luck than good coaching. The Minnesota debacle may have been the worst coached game I have ever seen as an eagles fan (which is a bold statement after buddy, kotite, and rhodes).

Will be interesting to see how the offseason goes. Hopefully there aren't any wasted picks like matt barkley
  • Options

Good season. Chip made many mistakes this year. But the future is bright and this off season is huge. I think we have a bright future and a super bowl is 1-3 yrs away.

I like foles way more than vick, but he's not getting anyone to the super bowl.

maybe we are watching different teams. I'm talking about the guy who looked scared to death vs dalls and new orleans last two weeks. you were probably watching andrew luck...he doesn't play for the eagles
  • Options

concerned about our secondary tonight. earl wof is questionable so he might play. we need him. even if he plays, he's not 100% though. colt anderson is healthy so hopefully kurt coleman doesn't see the field for anything other than special teams. jimmy graham is going to get his catches and yards but they also have stills, colston and sproles. definitely need more pressure on brees than we had last week. their lt is out, so hopefully cole and graham can get pressure. pierre thomas being out means they will be even more one dimensional so that will help

on offense---the saints d is better than in years past but not so much against the run. do what you do best chip--feed shady all night long. mix in polk and brown. like it has all year, this will open up shots down field. saints have a couple injuries in the secondary. desean has been relatively quiet since the vikings game. need to get him the ball. foles in his first playoff game--he's already proved he's the guy, still there's an unknown in this kind of environment. i expect him to play well though. hopefully we do not see brad smith in the backfield at all.

fuck the cold weather and this being a dome team and their road record stuff.....i was at the tampa game. the saints are a good team. not great and certainly beatable. they can absolutely win this game.

i like the over. i think both teams will score around 30 points. can go either way, think it's going to come down to the last couple minutes.. as much as alex henery has struggled this year, graham hartley is worse..fuck it: hartley misses the game winner and.....: 31-30 BIRDS!!!!!!!

hartley hasn't been on the saints for weeks.

graham hartley??? fucking macknow. stick to tv show reviews
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Oh so close! That's gotta hurt. L-)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,955
    Saints win. Oh well maybe next year.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    Who dat? Froggy carr
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663

Hahhaha
  • Options

Hahhaha
    statements above are exactly why I don't come here anymore.

eagles offense had 250 yards of offense tonight. after watching that train wreck I immediately thought about super bowl plans
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Anyone think chip kelly is a good coach? I don't. I know most here don't watch the better product that is college football. Dude was same tonight as he was in every big game he coached in college. The saints didn't even play well and they still won because Payton outcoached the fat frog (who I think is legit gay...not that there's anything wrong with that...as long as the guys in tight pants don't distract him...think about it. dude is in his late 40's...never married...never rumored to have a gf. and collinsworth even said tonight that kelly doesn't like to talk about his personal life. He's gay).

Yeah, they won a horseshit division, but he did a lot of things that annoyed me this year. Stuff he got a pass for since they were beating shitty teams...or teams without their best players. Calling timeouts on extra points...calling timeouts on punts...going for it on his own 30, not getting it, then challenging it and wasting a time out (did he win a challenge all year??).

I think they got lucky this year...they won more games than I expected, but I'm not sold that their record was more attributable to luck than good coaching. The Minnesota debacle may have been the worst coached game I have ever seen as an eagles fan (which is a bold statement after buddy, kotite, and rhodes).

Will be interesting to see how the offseason goes. Hopefully there aren't any wasted picks like matt barkley

yeah, this is the pretty much the exact kind of post most would expect from you. you spend all off season predicting what a disaster this team will be (your posts were hilarious). they go on to have the most successful single season turnaround in team history.....and you are predictably silent. now they lose a playoff game, in year one, and you're back.

you think he's gay? really? is this now going to be a thing with you now? are you 12?

he made mistakes this year, sure. so did andy reid in 1999. chip got a pass for a lot of them because this was his first year in the league, just like andy did in 1999. but andy didn't get passes for them over the last few years because, you know, he had been in the league for a decade in a half at that point (and by the way, while his team was blowing a 28 point lead yesterday, those exact same mistakes shockingly appeared again). believe me, if chip is making the same mistakes in the year 2025 that he is making right now, i will damn sure call him out for it.

good lord.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crushing defeat yesterday, gentlemen. great game plan by sean payton. i really did not expect him to stick with the run game as much as he did...and i obviously did not expect them to have so much success, as it's the one thing our d does best. birds did a good job on graham, but they've got so many weapons. wolf didn't play--chung was exposed on a couple big plays as expected.

offense took too long getting going. i think foles played well, but they needed to get djack involved earlier. thought chip would have been more aggressive in that regard. there were not many holes early for shady. but all in all, you leave the field with the lead, you should win. this kind of reminded me of the ending to the cards championship game.

special teams needs to be better next year. alex henery needs to not be on this team next year. hard to believe we wasted a 4th round pick on this guy and got beat by a guy the saints picked up off waivers a coupe weeks ago (yeah i though hartley was still there--wish he was. haha). had a feeling it would come down to a last second kick and it did. ran out of time. fuck.

but you gotta be pleased with this season. nobody expected it. the arrow is pointing up and i think we should run this division for the foreseeable future. offense has a solid, young core in place (however the line is getting old), one of the best in the league. defense is getting there. pass rushing lb to replace cole/graham and safety help would be my 2 main areas to target this spring. need to draft a corner too, though i was happy with williams' and fletcher's play as the season went on. boykin is solid but may be at his best in the nickle.

good season. sucks that's over. GO BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Probably not ... they're very content with division titles.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

haha....still bitter? when you expect 6 wins in a rebuilding year, a division title is gravy. this team is ahead of schedule. next year expectations will be higher of course.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 said:

Nope not bitter at all ... pretty sure Redskins fans said the same thing last year. You guys have beeb rebuilding since 1960. I would say unless you've just won the SB your rebuilding.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

Nope not bitter at all ... pretty sure Redskins fans said the same thing last year. You guys have beeb rebuilding since 1960. I would say unless you've just won the SB your rebuilding.
    ha....come on. you are better than that. but go ahead and compare the skins old ass roster and zero first round picks with the eagles young core who got better and better as the season went on. you know better.

you and i strongly differ on what rebuilding means too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,689
    I was rooting for your boys.....really. what I thought AT THE TIME was this....

long pass that resulted in interference and put your boys at the one was the wrong call. Your offense was looking like it could move methodically and kill clock. I guess you gotta take advantage of coverage but...

when the saints got the ball back and moved to the 20, let them score!!! that was your only chance. as it was, the ending was completely predictable.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'm happy a 4-12 team with NO SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS went 10-6 and made the playoffs. I'm happy we have a YOUNG nucleus and a coach who will actually change his thought process mid game. I see a young QB who brought this team back without a Wr like Maclin. I see an elite rb and off line to protect a QB who threw 29tds and 2 ints in 12 games started. I see a young def and alot of potential. What I don't see is why anyone can me mad. The only ones who can be are the ones who's ego is so big they'd rather be correct then enjoy an amazing year.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    if you had told me the Eagles would hold the Saints to 2 TDs and Graham to 3 catches I would have thought easy victory.

our offensive genius just had the lowest scoring 1st half in Eagles playoff history. McCoy and Jackson were fairly invisible most of the game. his press conference was entertaining though.

not sure whose fault it is but Shady sucks on short yardage. I've never understood spreading teams out all game then when it comes to short yardage bringing everyone in tight and trying to shove the ball down the teams throat.

Riley Cooper's drop reminded me of Westbrook's drop in the playoff game in New Orleans. just flat out awful. it can't happen in the playoffs.

loved Sean Payton's game plan. running the ball that much and taking the ball out of Drew Brees' hands allowed the game to stay close for us. let them kick field goals like they did kept it close for us.

and once the Saints got the ball down to the 20 at the 2 minute warning should have let them score on the next play. you can't let them just sit there and watch the clock run down for a chip shot field goal. statistical analsys says that kick is made about 98% of the time. only chance to win was to let them score a td and get the ball back.

• Options

I'm happy a 4-12 team with NO SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS went 10-6 and made the playoffs. I'm happy we have a YOUNG nucleus and a coach who will actually change his thought process mid game. I see a young QB who brought this team back without a Wr like Maclin. I see an elite rb and off line to protect a QB who threw 29tds and 2 ints in 12 games started. I see a young def and alot of potential. What I don't see is why anyone can me mad. The only ones who can be are the ones who's ego is so big they'd rather be correct then enjoy an amazing year.

the future is bright, my friend. the way i look at it, we're about a year ahead of schedule. next season cannot come soon enough.

BIRDS.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311

team just lost a winnable playoff game. a home playoff game as a favorite. lowest scoring 1st half in franchise playoff history. doesn't matter what happened last year that result last night wasn't good enough. press conference was good though. I know you guys care about that.