Comments

• Nick Foles has got some big-ass lips.

Great game, btw
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    i love this fucking team. sorta feels '07 phils-ish....does it not?
    www.myspace.com
  • what a fun game to watch! it's a party in Philly right now! let's go Bears!!!!!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    I was worried at halftime, but glad they pulled it off.

SHADY!!! 217 yards :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    best Eagles regular season win in a long time. Gutty effort. hard not to think they were done down 14-0 and they way the game as going. Best running attack for a quarter and half I've ever seen the Eagles have. finally a game where the rushing attack won the game almost single-handily. A+ effort there.

and what the hell was celek doing at the end? did he think we was in the end zone? that's what it looked like to me. and not that it will come down to it but points differential is a spot on the tie breakers somewhere. baffling that he stopped there.

weather forecasters are the worst people in the world at their job. even this morning they were still saying a coating to an inch and 4 hours later we are in the midst of about 6 inches. today's weather forecasting reminded me of the World Series light rain which turned into a monsoon. awful.

gotta call a huge foul on our new neighbor across the street. guy is about 30 was out shoveling snow as the 4th quarter started. seriously dude? anyone does that without their wife having to get to work or something I have no desire to be friends with. terrible effort by a guy there.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    best Eagles regular season win in a long time. Gutty effort. hard not to think they were done down 14-0 and they way the game as going. Best running attack for a quarter and half I've ever seen the Eagles have. finally a game where the rushing attack won the game almost single-handily. A+ effort there.

and what the hell was celek doing at the end? did he think we was in the end zone? that's what it looked like to me. and not that it will come down to it but points differential is a spot on the tie breakers somewhere. baffling that he stopped there.

weather forecasters are the worst people in the world at their job. even this morning they were still saying a coating to an inch and 4 hours later we are in the midst of about 6 inches. today's weather forecasting reminded me of the World Series light rain which turned into a monsoon. awful.

gotta call a huge foul on our new neighbor across the street. guy is about 30 was out shoveling snow as the 4th quarter started. seriously dude? anyone does that without their wife having to get to work or something I have no desire to be friends with. terrible effort by a guy there.
    Celek knew exactly what he was doing there. And SHADY enough said.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953

AGREED
    edited December 2013

AGREED

today specifically reminded me of this classic:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 8300.shtml

come from behind. playoff implications. crazy all around game. that game/series sort of cemented the phils as legit contenders in the minds of a lot of people. i think today may have done that for the eagles.

shady's gotta get some mvp consideration too. down 2 scores...dude put this team on his shoulders and only put forth the greatest rushing performance in the history of the team in an absolute must win. fucking awesome. he's having such a great year.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

sure you do. where were you a month ago? :think:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

...you must not be familiar with me. hello, i am the juggler.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah he knew what he was doing. Although at first i was like WTF? Then you saw his smile, guess he just wanted to get the first fown and run out the clock.

Defense was great only allowing one touchdown. That Ross dude though.

I wonder if that was a record for most two point conversion attempts in one game?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah he knew what he was doing. Although at first i was like WTF? Then you saw his smile, guess he just wanted to get the first fown and run out the clock.

Defense was great only allowing one touchdown. That Ross dude though.

I wonder if that was a record for most two point conversion attempts in one game?

yeah westbrook did the same thing against the cowboys back in the day. what was that 2006? remember runyan was the one who told him not to score? same thing today.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Remember when Bradshaw tried not to score but fell into the end zone? ;)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited December 2013
    What a game? I took my son and he toughed it out. Although we came very close to leaving. If they didn't score on DJax's TD series, we may have. Shady, Shady, Shady!

That was so much fun. I was in one end zone and could barely see the jumbo tron at the opposite end. I'm near the Eagles tunnel and a woman climbed on the canopy covering the tunnel and did a snow angel. :lol:

Not to many snowballs. One of the officials was actually acknowledging, with a smile, a couple good throws that almost hit him.

That was a bad roughing the passer on Detroit.

I hate to bring this up, because most people don't care, but I had Shady in fantasy and went against Stafford. :D
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    Game of the year yesterday as far as I'm concerned!!! So great to come back after being down and being a former east coaster it was fun having my west coast friends cringe over seeing teams play in that blizzard!! Ahh I miss the east at times and really like what the Eagles have done in the second half of the season. Might have to buy me a Shady jersey for Christmas now!!
    That game was only fun because we won. That said - it was fucking awesome.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Nate Allen cannot play in this league. He's too soft...black sean consadine.

Eagles should sign Da'Rick Rogers, who just got cut by buffalo. Dude was a beast at Tennessee before he got in trouble and ended up at Tennessee Tech. Their WRs aren't good enough, dude is worth taking a flyer on.

Rogers is AIDS.

The Bills will still have to cut 2 WRs better than Rogers. And its the Bills. There will be much better.

Dude was better than the more highly touted justin hunter at Tenn. Rogers has issues, but the eagles need WRs (and fragile DeLoser hasn't even gotten hurt yet)...he is talented enough to take a flier on.

Who are the bills going to cut that's better? Find that really hard to believe.

On another note, glad to see my boy chris polk having a good camp. Love that dude

Yeah. Jeff Maehl over this guy. Brutal.

Colts wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers caught six passes for 107 yards and two touchdowns in the team's 42-28 loss to the Bengals. Rogers scored on a 69-yard catch in the third quarter off a short slant pass from Andrew Luck, then added a second touchdown from two yards out at the end of the fourth.
    Rogers, who was promoted from the practice squad in mid-November, saw his first game action in Week 13. He was targeted a team-high nine times in Sunday's loss.

Also good to see polk contibute yesterday.
    the rick rogers? with all that this team has done, that's what you are concerned about right now? yeah sure, he would have been worth taking a flyer on. good call. but the entire league passed on him though. he was just activated recently and caught his first pass of the year yesterday. far from a sure thing.

and the eagles receivers have played real well this year. hard to believe cooper is on pace for 1000 yards. never thought that would be a possibility.

love the direction this team has headed. go bears.
    www.myspace.com
    the rick rogers? with all that this team has done, that's what you are concerned about right now? yeah sure, he would have been worth taking a flyer on. good call. but the entire league passed on him though. he was just activated recently and caught his first pass of the year yesterday. far from a sure thing.

and the eagles receivers have played real well this year. hard to believe cooper is on pace for 1000 yards. never thought that would be a possibility.

no one is a sure thing. but he's more talented than any WR on the eagles roster not named desean. seriously, jeff maehl

Amazing what happens when a real QB takes over. Some have been begging for that to happen for years now.

Good season, but this team has had a ton of lucky breaks this year. Peterson's potential injury is the latest.

Yesterday's game was awesome, but I think chip kelly going for two late in the fourth qtr, with his team up 8 (and all of their time outs) was puzzling.
  • the rick rogers? with all that this team has done, that's what are concerned about right now? yeah sure, he would have been worth taking a flyer on. good call. but the entire league passed on him though. he was just activated recently and caught his first pass of the year yesterday. far from a sure thing.

Hell of a 1st game for my boy. He was all geared up :) Shady was amazing and Cooper has become a bright spot. If we resign Maclin at a show me deal this offense could be scary. Grab a def stud in the draft and free agency also. This team could become real problem for the rest of the NFL. How about Chips 8-5 birds???????
    Go Birds!!!!
    I don't understand people complaining about anything with this team right now. The guys behind yelled Fuck after any play that didn't work. A bad pass by Foles and they yelled "what the fuck are you doing?" A poor run and it was "what the fuck was that call?"

First off it was nice that they could control themselves with an 11yr old the row in front of them. Secondly, hey dummies, did you notice the weather conditions?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Sorry, had to be done! :lol:

nfl_a_elimanning_cmg_600_300x200.jpg
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I don't understand people complaining about anything with this team right now. The guys behind yelled Fuck after any play that didn't work. A bad pass by Foles and they yelled "what the fuck are you doing?" A poor run and it was "what the fuck was that call?"

First off it was nice that they could control themselves with an 11yr old the row in front of them. Secondly, hey dummies, did you notice the weather conditions?

I hear you. I guess my point is that Kelly has made a lot of quetionable/wrong decisions this year. I think a lot of their success is attributed to luck.

Anyone complaining about foles is a...well, a true eagles fan. and probably a vick supporter (amazing that they are still out there)

I think this season has high fluke potential. like the sixers taking boston to game 7 a few years back. I'm still reserving judgement on annointing kelly the greatest coach of all time
    edited December 2013
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I hear you. I guess my point is that Kelly has made a lot of quetionable/wrong decisions this year. I think a lot of their success is attributed to luck.

Anyone complaining about foles is a...well, a true eagles fan. and probably a vick supporter (amazing that they are still out there)

I think this season has high fluke potential. like the sixers taking boston to game 7 a few years back. I'm still reserving judgement on annointing kelly the greatest coach of all time

A lot of teams win based on luck, look at the Pats yesterday. I'm not anointing Foles or Kelly. The team is playing very well and it's the most fun we've had as fans in a while. There's a lot to like about what with this team is doing.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    imalive wrote:

hello :wave:

I'm just glad the dog killer never had any meaningful success as your QB.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    the rick rogers? with all that this team has done, that's what are concerned about right now? yeah sure, he would have been worth taking a flyer on. good call. but the entire league passed on him though. he was just activated recently and caught his first pass of the year yesterday. far from a sure thing.

Hell of a 1st game for my boy. He was all geared up :) Shady was amazing and Cooper has become a bright spot. If we resign Maclin at a show me deal this offense could be scary. Grab a def stud in the draft and free agency also. This team could become real problem for the rest of the NFL. How about Chips 8-5 birds???????

Doubled last year's win total with 3 to play. Hey oh

Holidays are always much more enjoyable when the Birds are in the mix. Huge game tonight!
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

hello :wave:

I'm just glad the dog killer never had any meaningful success as your QB.

Fair point and you are not alone in that sentiment.

As for me, I'm glad your Cowboys have not had any meaningful success in almost 20 years. :lol: Go Bears.
    www.myspace.com
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

Don't get me wrong, that's great and all, but that hurdle by Bell over Allen was pretty sweet....along with his multiple fumbles.
    JK_Livin wrote:

Don't get me wrong, that's great and all, but that hurdle by Bell over Allen was pretty sweet....along with his multiple fumbles.

I haven't seen a pic of that yet. Did he "Joique" Nate Allen? :D

I'll be here all week!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer