******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    retropony wrote:
    so if the cowboys lose, tomorrow night is for the division title. we know that.

but also--if the lions and packers lose, then trestman is reportedly going to rest his starters because the game would be meaningless.

soooooooo......go redskins, giants, and steelers. path of least resistance is fine by me.

yes! time for the redskins to step up! Cousins could earn a big future paycheck today, that should be motivation enough.

i'm worried about the Bears, they always seem to have our number. Of course i said this with the Cards and Lions a few weeks ago also though. ;) I think the birds pull off the win in a close game, 27-20. and go skins!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • retropony wrote:
    so if the cowboys lose, tomorrow night is for the division title. we know that.

but also--if the lions and packers lose, then trestman is reportedly going to rest his starters because the game would be meaningless.

soooooooo......go redskins, giants, and steelers. path of least resistance is fine by me.

yes! time for the redskins to step up! Cousins could earn a big future paycheck today, that should be motivation enough.

i'm worried about the Bears, they always seem to have our number. Of course i said this with the Cards and Lions a few weeks ago also though. ;) I think the birds pull off the win in a close game, 27-20. and go skins!

we're eagles fans.......aren't we always worried. lol!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Go Eagles!

Seeing the cowboys not make the playoffs is almost just as good as making the playoffs when you are a NY Giants fan. :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    god damn it.

feels like a bye week now.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    god damn it.

God damn right. People gotta feel like suckers if they have tix to tonight's game.

Playoffs start Week 17.
    god damn it.

God damn right. People gotta feel like suckers if they have tix to tonight's game.

Playoffs start Week 17.

:x kinda sucks. Guess it's fitting that it comes down to the last week of the season. Hopefully it's like the 2008 season finale :corn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDkoXc3nM8
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Playoffs start Week 17.

:x kinda sucks. Guess it's fitting that it comes down to the last week of the season. Hopefully it's like the 2008 season finale :corn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDkoXc3nM8

yeah my concern is this will be their 4th do or die in the last 6 years though. they've failed each time so far. sooner or later they're bound to win one just with the law of averages...
    www.myspace.com
    :corn:

don't rest the starters yet (still need them in my fantasy league :lol: )
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Though I'm a fan of the high-tempo, as many plays as possible offense, I have to say the best defense to this game will be a long-driving time-of-possession offense. Which they should do with McCoy.

Gotta keep those tall sumbitches off the field from snagging balls on deep routes against this shitty secondary.

now there's a guy who knows what he's talking about. put this one in the hands of your best player...he needs like 160 to break wilbert's record? i could see that happening against this defense, and it would be cool to see it happen at home. m-a-t-c-h-u-p-s--they don't come any better than this one.

DO IT. DO IT

boom.

what a DOMINATING performance. this one reminded me of that packers game from 2004 where donovan threw 5 td's and it was over at halftime. hard to believe these guys won 4 games last year.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    www.myspace.com
    is it next sunday night yet?

:lol:

this is awesome.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    That was fun. Thank God the game got moved to 8:30. My kid has a basketball scheduled at 2pm.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    damn who didn't think the Cowboys were done after Murray got tackled at the 12.

Impressive win for the Birds. thankfully no one got hurt. Bears really laid down. they showed absolutely no fight which is baffling for a team that could have wrapped up a division title.

I'm not satisfied with progress. the division title is there to be won. get it done and get a home playoff game. I like the Birds to win the game 37-24.

going to be extremely busy so even though I think most of you guys are crazy I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Have a great time and enjoy the moments with your families.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    That was fun. Thank God the game got moved to 8:30. My kid has a basketball scheduled at 2pm.

it's a christmas miracle

i've said it before and i will say it again, the holidays are so much more enjoyable when the birds are making a playoff push. been a while!
    www.myspace.com
    Pissed Romo's out. I actually look at that as a negative for us. I WANT Romo in that game - in a fucked up way, I feel like Orton has a better chance of beating us than Romo. Romo in that game and we're guaranteed to win.
    Pissed Romo's out. I actually look at that as a negative for us. I WANT Romo in that game - in a fucked up way, I feel like Orton has a better chance of beating us than Romo. Romo in that game and we're guaranteed to win.

he's out? :o

wow, yeah i'm not sure how i feel about that. Part of me wants him in also :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

i'd rather romo too...but that defense of theirs is horrible. if the birds play like they are capable of, they'll score 40 with their eyes closed.

few things that concern me:

1- the cowboys have been in this position so many times, they are bound to win one just with the law of averages.
    2- having orton in there will make them finally wise and run the ball more consistently. this might be like andy reid/jeff garcia/finding jesus (aka brian westbrook) in 2006. might be more difficult than with romo in there as crazy as that sounds.
    3- pressure is now all on the eagles. be interesting to see how this team responds.

BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Dorks...have fun in the playoffs but you ain't winning dick. You know it

Till then, Eli says what's up?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

there's always the interception record. we're pulling for ya, eli.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is. There is also 2 Super Bowl MVPs. You familiar with that?

And yeah, this is me being bitter. But fuck the eagles, hard
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

There is. There is also 2 Super Bowl MVPs. You familiar with that?

And yeah, this is me being bitter. But fuck the eagles, hard

hey, i don't blame you. i'd be bitter too if i was a giants fan. they stunk this year.
    www.myspace.com
    Terrible, just brutal. But at the same time rumor has it the giants won a couple superbowls and if I'm not mistaken the Yankees beat some team from Philly. So before you get a hard on, how about winning something worthwhile?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Terrible, just brutal. But at the same time rumor has it the giants won a couple superbowls and if I'm not mistaken the Yankees beat some team from Philly. So before you get a hard on, how about winning something worthwhile?

Keep living in the past :lol::lol::lol: I think the D deserved one of those MVP's.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Keep living in the past :lol::lol::lol: I think the D deserved one of those MVP's.

yeah cliff, you're better than that, dude. this is metsfan behavior. remember that guy? :lol:

as phils fans, i'm glad we didn't really turn into one of those types of fans. we had our fun, but i mean after a couple years (especially after not making the playoffs) it really felt like the world championship was ancient history. so we finally have a point of reference on this stuff. gotta live in the here and now...and the eagles are clearly on the upswing, while the rest of the division appears headed in the opposite direction. good luck with that.

merry xmas.
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, I was quite drunk. Seriously though, fans aren't allowed to reference a couple Super Bowl wins in 6 years? I am pretty sure if the eagles won one, it would be talked about for 3 centuries. What is the statute of limitations on talking shit about championships? Has to be more than one season, right? And if, you beat a team head to head, I feel like it is until the other takes the crown (not eagles-giants related, obviously), right?

Also, phillies fans didn't get like that because the second the tide turned for the eagles, Philly turned back into a football town

Merry christmas to all you fuckers.
    Cliff -

What penis woke up in your asshole yesterday/today? Nothing out of the usual?
    Cliff -

HA

That last post wasn't actually bitter at all. Serious question. Can't talk about a championship forever I agree, but what is the limit?

Alright, I'm out of this thread. I feel dirty just posting in here. Gotta take a shower now
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliff -

HA

That last post wasn't actually bitter at all. Serious question. Can't talk about a championship forever I agree, but what is the limit?

Alright, I'm out of this thread. I feel dirty just posting in here. Gotta take a shower now

There is no limit, but it's all based on bitterness that the Ginas didn't make the playoffs. And on the fact that you live here, and are about to go through a period of time in this city that dominated from 2000-2005ish. You're going to want to kill yourself. So buckle up, my friend!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Also, phillies fans didn't get like that because the second the tide turned for the eagles, Philly turned back into a football town

the tide didn't turn for the eagles until a couple months ago.

and for the record, this has always been a football town. it is a great baseball town too...but it has and always will be a football town.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

the tide didn't turn for the eagles until a couple months ago.

and for the record, this has always been a football town. it is a great baseball town too...but it has and always will be a football town.

I do not concur with that totally though. I think just by the sheer popularity of football it's going to be obviously bigger, but if the Phillies didn't suck for the majority of the last 3-4 decades and play in such a shitty stadium.

Football didn't get as popular as it is in this city until Vermeil came along.