******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Arizon at home next week :?

huge test. however i think the eagles have a few things working in their favor:

-although this is the best defense they will face for the rest of the season, they have 2 weeks to prepare.
    -cross country trip for cardinals...and i think the game is still at 1pm. they're a much better home team.
    -they are due for a loss. biggest win of the season for them yesterday. 4 in a row.

but good god, that defense is good.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

-although this is the best defense they will face for the rest of the season, they have 2 weeks to prepare.
    -cross country trip for cardinals...and i think the game is still at 1pm. they're a much better home team.
    -they are due for a loss. biggest win of the season for them yesterday. 4 in a row.

i don't know man. i want to see them win but my gut tells me that Arizona will pull it off. Seems like the last few times we played them we have lost. Hopefully i'm wrong.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

i don't know man. i want to see them win but my gut tells me that Arizona will pull it off. Seems like the last few times we played them we have lost. Hopefully i'm wrong.

yeah. it's definitely a tough one...as long as they split these next 2, i think they will be in good stretch for the home stretch though.
    www.myspace.com
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

Times yours :lol: Mr. Rivers got both of us.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

9-2 or 6-5?
    JK_Livin wrote:

ha...we're 3-2 and they are 2-2 against same opponents. the chefs are a good team, no doubt-- but more often than not andy will not be at his best in big games or in tight spots like that when he's gotta think on his feet. i'm really enjoying watching their games and ours, though. it's made this season that much more interesting to me. tough stretch for them and now they are dealing with some injuries.

the comment section was funny to read. similiar to what we had here, but still new to them. they'll learn as time goes by.

in other news, it appears kelly has officially named foles the starter. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:

ha...we're 3-2 and they are 2-2 against same opponents. the chefs are a good team, no doubt-- but more often than not andy will not be at his best in big games or in tight spots like that when he's gotta think on his feet. i'm really enjoying watching their games and ours, though. it's made this season that much more interesting to me. tough stretch for them and now they are dealing with some injuries.

the comment section was funny to read. similiar to what we had here, but still new to them. they'll learn as time goes by.

I had to go back and read the comments. :lol: Good times.

I'm still pulling for Barkley :D
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

did you see the story about Foles in today's Daily News? Didn't realize it but it said that this year's NFL is on pace to break records for points per game, touchdowns, td passes, passing yardage and the QB passer rating. game moving closer and closer to how I think it should be played. :D
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

did you see the story about Foles in today's Daily News? Didn't realize it but it said that this year's NFL is on pace to break records for points per game, touchdowns, td passes, passing yardage and the QB passer rating. game moving closer and closer to how I think it should be played. :D

this should not surprise anyone. it's a passing league with all the rule changes. records are bound to be shattered on a yearly basis now. but sorry, teams will never throw it 80% of the time.

and by the way, the league average pass/run ratio is still... 54/46. the birds throw it 51% of the time. remember when you thought they threw it as much as they did when reid was here? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    this should not surprise anyone. it's a passing league with all the rule changes. records are bound to be shattered on a yearly basis now. but sorry, teams will never throw it 80% of the time.

and by the way, the league average pass/run ratio is still... 54/46. the birds throw it 51% of the time. remember when you thought they threw it as much as they did when reid was here? :lol:

remember when you said McCoy would average 20 rushes per game. still not there.

and maybe if Chip threw the ball a bit more they'd be better than 6-5. :D
    edited November 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

huh? :?

he's averaging 19.4 runs per game, the most in his career. totally fine with that, especially with the overall balance of the offense.

and it's because we have a coach that plays to his team's strengths that they are 6-5 with 5 games left a year after reid won 4 games all year throwing it close to 60% of the time. the coaching is just better this year.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    so anyway.....meaningful football this late in the season for the first time a while is just fun. now we can sit back and root against dallas on thanksgiving like always, but just a little harder than in years past ... matt mcgloin on a national stage? i never thought he would stick with a team in training camp. that's pretty fucking crazy.

the other game has implications with the birds as well as the wildcard is also in play. guess we're rooting for green bay there.

nice to see kendricks and fletcher will be back this week. wolf appears to be the only one out. gotta be one of the healthiest teams in the league at this point in the season. not feeling too confident about this game though.

go birds.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

huh? :?

he's averaging 19.4 runs per game, the most in his career. totally fine with that, especially with the overall balance of the offense.

and it's because we have a coach that plays to his team's strengths that they are 6-5 with 5 games left a year after reid won 4 games all year throwing it close to 60% of the time. the coaching is just better this year.

19.4 ain't 20 ;)

and the strength of this team is the down field passing game.

Like the faster pace offense and obviously the defense has been way better than anticipated but I think the schedule and being relatively healthy on offense has been just as big. 6-5 isn't coach of the year worthy. I'd dial down the patting Chip Kelly on the back just yet. Much bigger games ahead. let's hope he can get a division title out of this.

didn't think Matt McGloin had a strong enough arm to even make an NFL roster let alone start a few games. should be an interesting game to watch. Cowboys always have some choke in them so let's see if they can handle pressure of a tight division race.

I love Detroit this week. Green Bay without Rodgers just isn't all that strong and Detroit coming off a bad loss.
    No the strength of this team is its rushing attack. They have the leagues best running back and they are using him the way he should be used.

This season isn't about wins and losses. It's about improving over last year. Any success they have is gravy to me. Andy Reid won 5 games his first year but I considered it a success because they found a franchise qb and they improved each week. Chip is doing a great job so far. This team was garbage last year.

Go. Birds.
    www.myspace.com
    No the strength of this team is its rushing attack. They have the leagues best running back and they are using him the way he should be used.

This season isn't about wins and losses. It's about improving over last year. Any success they have is gravy to me. Andy Reid won 5 games his first year but I considered it a success because they found a franchise qb and they improved each week. Chip is doing a great job so far. This team was garbage last year.

Go. Birds.

the highlighted above might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted in this thread. can you honestly tell me one game where the rushing game was the reason they won the game this year? seriously that notion is just absurd. :fp: 95% of their big plays have come in the passing game and td ratio is 2-1 pass over runs. and they have exactly 2 TD runs of over 4 yards all season long. not sure how anyone can believe the running game is a bigger strength than the passing game for this team.

I'm getting older so I'm not into giving up seasons. because the division sucks so bad the playoffs are reachable.
    get it done or you just wasted another year of McCoy and Jackson's careers.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Last time I checked, Reid beat Kelly when they played. That was before Kelly knew the NFL rules though, so I guess it doesn't count.

I mentioned during the preseason that the eagles should sign this guy (when he was cut by the bills). Dude is a beast. At least they have jeff maehl :roll:

Colts rookie wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers, who was promoted two weeks ago from the practice squad, should receive some reps Sunday against Tennessee. He has yet to be active for a game.

"We're going to put him in, give him a shot," Chuck Pagano told the team website. "We're more than confident (in him)."
    pjhawks wrote:

Go. Birds.

the highlighted above might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted in this thread. can you honestly tell me one game where the rushing game was the reason they won the game this year? seriously that notion is just absurd. :fp: 95% of their big plays have come in the passing game and td ratio is 2-1 pass over runs. and they have exactly 2 TD runs of over 4 yards all season long. not sure how anyone can believe the running game is a bigger strength than the passing game for this team.

I'm getting older so I'm not into giving up seasons. because the division sucks so bad the playoffs are reachable.
    get it done or you just wasted another year of McCoy and Jackson's careers.

dude....huh? what? you are too old so you are not into "giving up seasons?" what does that even mean? did you expect andy reid to win the super bowl in 1999? were you pissed that he only won 5 games that year? if you were a jags fan would you expect them to contend for the super bowl this year? did you expect the phillies to contend for another world series this year? some fans in this town are so dumb, it is just incredibly frustrating. just be rational. have realistic expectations and don't forget about those expectations a couple months into the season.

we were 4-12 last year, a horrible fucking football team from top to bottom. rock bottom. that makes this is a -rebuilding- year. any success this team gets is fucking gravy and something to build on. you thought they would win 5 games for christ's sake. :lol: :fp: sit back and enjoy this team exceed your expectations. good god.

and your first paragraph isn't serious, right? the eagles have the 2nd best rushing attack in the league. 9th best passing attack, with a qb who you compared to bobby hoying just a few weeks ago. this team's best player is their running back, who is also happens to be the league's top running back this year. the running game was absolutely crucial and integral in every single win, except perhaps the historic 7 td oakland game. they have a perfect balance to their offense. it is working because they have a coach who is playing to his team's strengths as opposed to the previous regime who constantly tried to fit a square peg into a round hole.

you're not a real person right? you're just some computer generated troll designed to argue every rational argument any sane person can possibly make, right? gotta be. gotta be....sheesh

happy thanksgiving!
    www.myspace.com
    dude....huh? what? you are too old so you are not into "giving up seasons?" what does that even mean? did you expect andy reid to win the super bowl in 1999? were you pissed that he only won 5 games that year? if you were a jags fan would you expect them to contend for the super bowl this year? did you expect the phillies to contend for another world series this year? some fans in this town are so dumb, it is just incredibly frustrating. just be rational. have realistic expectations and don't forget about those expectations a couple months into the season.

we were 4-12 last year, a horrible fucking football team from top to bottom. rock bottom. that makes this is a -rebuilding- year. any success this team gets is fucking gravy and something to build on. you thought they would win 5 games for christ's sake. :lol: :fp: sit back and enjoy this team exceed your expectations. good god.

and your first paragraph isn't serious, right? the eagles have the 2nd best rushing attack in the league. 9th best passing attack, with a qb who you compared to bobby hoying just a few weeks ago. this team's best player is their running back, who is also happens to be the league's top running back this year. the running game was absolutely crucial and integral in every single win, except perhaps the historic 7 td oakland game. they have a perfect balance to their offense. it is working because they have a coach who is playing to his team's strengths as opposed to the previous regime who constantly tried to fit a square peg into a round hole.

you're not a real person right? you're just some computer generated troll designed to argue every rational argument any sane person can possibly make, right? gotta be. gotta be....sheesh

happy thanksgiving!

once you again you just don't get it. of course this team has been better than I expected but that doesn't give them a pass for the rest of the season. the opportunity to win this division and make the playoffs is there now.
    tied for the division lead after week 11 if you don't win the division you failed at the end of the season regardless of what the expectations were before week 1. just because that opportunity has arisen because of a lousy schedule and shitty division doesn't matter. take advantage of said opportunity. period.

Foles is 4-1 as a starter and the running game has been down in those games enough that an article in today's Inquirer talks about McCoy reduced role in the running game with Foles as QB. not integral. you must be a huge Bruce Arians fan and his 1970s football attitude.
    3 months ago you thought they would be dreadful. You predicted 5 wins. Go back and read all of the doom and gloom you spouted from the moment Kelly was hired. It's actually quite funny. You and the other guy. But anyway, now if they don't win the division the season is a failure huh? This right here defines the irrational Philly sports fan. Totally ridiculous, and without and sense of reason.

And McCoy is the best player on this team. The best back in the league. 2nd best rushing attack in the league. There is a reason the Cards will stack the box to stop McCoy just like every other team has attempted. Based on your view that that anything less than a division championship is a failure 3 months after predicting 5 wins, it's not surprising that this simple common sense reasoning escapes you.

This is year one. This is 1999. Enjoy the exceeded expectations.
    www.myspace.com
  • 3 months ago you thought they would be dreadful. You predicted 5 wins. Go back and read all of the doom and gloom you spouted from the moment Kelly was hired. It's actually quite funny. You and the other guy. But anyway, now if they don't win the division the season is a failure huh? This right here defines the irrational Philly sports fan. Totally ridiculous, and without and sense of reason.

And McCoy is the best player on this team. The best back in the league. 2nd best rushing attack in the league. There is a reason the Cards will stack the box to stop McCoy just like every other team has attempted. Based on your view that that anything less than a division championship is a failure 3 months after predicting 5 wins, it's not surprising that this simple common sense reasoning escapes you.

I'd give up at this point. Maybe the other guy hacked into Hawks account???? Other then that i'm not sure how to describe the last few pages.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2013
    3 months ago you thought they would be dreadful. You predicted 5 wins. Go back and read all of the doom and gloom you spouted from the moment Kelly was hired. It's actually quite funny. You and the other guy. But anyway, now if they don't win the division the season is a failure huh? This right here defines the irrational Philly sports fan. Totally ridiculous, and without and sense of reason.

I'd give up at this point. Maybe the other guy hacked into Hawks account???? Other then that i'm not sure how to describe the last few pages.

You sure talk about me a lot. Its sad. Should prob find better things to do with yourself than worry about me (mastering the difference between then/than would be a good start)
    Post edited by The Fixer on

You have a point. But I enjoy watching him contradict himself with each post.

GO BIRDS
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

You sure talk about me a lot. Its sad. Should prob find better things to do with yourself than worry about me (mastering the difference between then/than would be a good start)

:corn: can't well ll just get a long?

go birds! (although i'm worried about the games against the Cards and Lions
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

I'm glad you judge a successful season by what I predicted at the beginning. love the respect ;)

and they only have 6 so if they don't win another one is it still successful?

i suspect 3-2 in the last 5 is the absolute best they could go without winning the division so yea anything worse than that would be considered a failure. even you couldn't say 2-3 is successful.

sorry I forgot you were part of the everyone gets a trophy generation. let's have a participation celebration for these guys.

must win against Arizona. west coast team coming across country for an early game. has to be won.
    edited November 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm glad you judge a successful season by what I predicted at the beginning. love the respect ;)

and they only have 6 so if they don't win another one is it still successful?

i suspect 3-2 in the last 5 is the absolute best they could go without winning the division so yea anything worse than that would be considered a failure. even you couldn't say 2-3 is successful.

sorry I forgot you were part of the everyone gets a trophy generation. let's have a participation celebration for these guys.

must win against Arizona. west coast team coming across country for an early game. has to be won.

no i just pointed out the hypocrisy of you predicting they would be awful just a few months ago and now saying anything less than a divisional championship is a failure. see, that makes zero sense. logic goes out the door when deciphering what you are trying to say.

i get the emotional tie fans have in a team. trust me, i get it. but as i've gotten older i just think it's best to be rational and realistic. you remind me of my nephew. he is 10 years old. he was so excited for this season and kept telling me they are good enough to make the playoffs and if you're good enough to make the playoffs you have a shot at the super bowl yada yada yada! sweet kid. i loved his enthusiasm. but i had to tell him, that it might take a year or two for the new coach to clean up the mess the old coach made, but i'll be right there with you rooting along every game.

this is year number one for this regime. andy reid won 5 games in his first year and that was successful to me because knowledgeable fans could see the building blocks being laid that eventually resulted in a super bowl appearance. you are coming across as very irrational here. i love the passion, as misguided as it seems. the bottom line is we're all on the same side here. go birds.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    this is a tough match up tomorrow. arizona has one of the best secondaries in the league. peterson will be blanketed on desean all day. this allows one of the best run defenses to stack the box against shady. they can also get to the qb better than most defenses. big test for young foles. be interesting to see how he reacts to some adversity. ertz is due for a break out game.

on defense, palmer is due for a couple turnovers. their run game doesn't scare me. but floyd and larry fitz are a bad match up for our corners. gotta get to palmer and win the turnover battle to win this game. i'm feeling a tight, relatively low scoring battle. think the cards come out ahead though. hope i'm wrong.

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    "you're not a real person right? you're just some computer generated troll designed to argue every rational argument any sane person can possibly make, right? gotta be. gotta be....sheesh"

This is just wonderful.

At any rate - please win tomorrow. I have NOTHING to look forward to till fucking April sports-wise if the Birds don't make a little noise.
    :corn:

nice solid win. Next week should be another good test for them against Detroit.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    :corn:

nice solid win. Next week should be another good test for them against Detroit.

ugly as hell, especially the play calling in the 2nd half.....but i will take a win against a decent team like that any day of the week. foles is a td away from tying peyton's record. not his best game--but again, that defense is fucking good. our's isn't so bad either--hey oh

the previous few years eagles teams would have found a way to lose this one. onward and upward... :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com