******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Dude, why do you even bother arguing with this dipshit?

The most ironic part is his "fucking eagles fans" comment - when the irony is he doesn't even realize how much he encompasses this statement, especially emphasizing the eye roll. Haha, it's almost comical - no, more than just comical.

yeah, i honestly do not know, maybe i feel like maybe...just maybe, i can educate him in the slightest possible way. should have given up that hope years ago.

by the way, am i the only one who finds these michael bolton honda commercials ridiculously funny?

No one gets the joke. As soon as people hear Michael Bolton they turn the channel. :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    If Joe Webb steps on that field Sunday, I'm turning the game off.

Funny;
    Playing in the snow

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen reflected with Philadelphia-area reporters on the last time the Vikings played the Eagles - a snow-delayed, 24-14 Minnesota win in 2010.

He joked that the Eagles could not play in the snow then. When he watched film of the Eagles' win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday, he saw a snow-covered field.

"All the sudden now you guys can play in a blizzard, huh?" Allen said with a laugh. "That must be the difference between Andy [Reid] and Chip Kelly."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... tdc37yB.99
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    JK_Livin wrote:
    If Joe Webb steps on that field Sunday, I'm turning the game off.

Funny;
    Playing in the snow

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen reflected with Philadelphia-area reporters on the last time the Vikings played the Eagles - a snow-delayed, 24-14 Minnesota win in 2010.

He joked that the Eagles could not play in the snow then. When he watched film of the Eagles' win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday, he saw a snow-covered field.

"All the sudden now you guys can play in a blizzard, huh?" Allen said with a laugh. "That must be the difference between Andy [Reid] and Chip Kelly."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... tdc37yB.99

Worst game ever. The Birds were actually a 2 td favorite in that one.

This game speaks to my point about how better that coaching is now actually. Vick dropped back to throw 43 times in that game while the team's best player only got 13 carries. In such a pivotal game, close game, bye week on the line--that should never of happened. Even if Shady struggles early you gotta give him the ball like we did this past weekend. Eventually he's gonna break one or at least wear down the defense. And I liked Vick more than most back then but he's not meant to attempt that many passes. His record as a starter is terrible when attempting more than 35 passes in a game.

Back to this week's game....little worried. All the makings of a trap.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    Trap game. Big time.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427

The most ironic part is his "fucking eagles fans" comment - when the irony is he doesn't even realize how much he encompasses this statement, especially emphasizing the eye roll. Haha, it's almost comical - no, more than just comical.

yeah, i honestly do not know, maybe i feel like maybe...just maybe, i can educate him in the slightest possible way. should have given up that hope years ago.

by the way, am i the only one who finds these michael bolton honda commercials ridiculously funny?

funny you don't even understand that 8-5 and 7-6 are winning records but you are going to try an educate me? learn percentages 1st. most of us learned how to calculate those in grade school.

was the coaching better in week 3 of this season? you are awfully quiet about that week. again must have been one of those weeks where 'progress' was more important that winning.

you are the same guy that tried to argue last year that the Patriots were winning because of Stevan Ridley more than Tom Brady so yea that's the mentality I have to deal with.

I hope like hell Chip goes further than Andy this year and every year. we shall see...
    pjhawks wrote:

funny you don't even understand that 8-5 and 7-6 are winning records but you are going to try an educate me? learn percentages 1st. most of us learned how to calculate those in grade school.

was the coaching better in week 3 of this season? you are awfully quiet about that week. again must have been one of those weeks where 'progress' was more important that winning.

you are the same guy that tried to argue last year that the Patriots were winning because of Stevan Ridley more than Tom Brady so yea that's the mentality I have to deal with.

I hope like hell Chip goes further than Andy this year and every year. we shall see...

I'm sorry but i just don't feel you are fully equipped to have this conversation.
    www.myspace.com
    I'm sorry but i just don't feel you are fully equipped to have this conversation.

pretty funny coming from the guy I had to teach how to determine who has beaten teams with winning records. which is a really fucking simplistic concept. hard to believe harry.

oh and the chiefs have more roster turnover than the eagles from last year.
    pjhawks wrote:

pretty funny coming from the guy I had to teach how to determine who has beaten teams with winning records. which is a really fucking simplistic concept. hard to believe harry.

oh and the chiefs have more roster turnover than the eagles from last year.

did they? they have 8 remaining starters on defense (who has carried them this year). on offense, they have 5 remaining players. like i said back in the off season, he inherited a situation very similiar to what he had when he took over the eagles. and chip kelly kinda has the same thing, only reversed. the difference this year is reid inherited 6 pro bowlers, while he left none behind for kelly to work with.

the chiefs also have benefited from the easiest schedule of any other team in the whole league. half their wins have come against backup qb's. they have gotten more breaks than the eagles. there is absolutely no disputing that. so far they have taken advantage, to their credit. you can keep harping on one error i made, that's fine...you'll do that because you know you can't win the argument as a whole.

regarding the eagles:
    -the coaching is clearly much better than it was under andy reid over the last few years (as evidenced by the remaining players performing better and the balanced play calling which plays to the team's strength).
    -half of the defense has been turned over and an entirely new system has been put in place, yet they have performed much better than any eagles defense has since jim johnson was roaming the sidelines.

i don't see how any sane person can dispute any of this. then again...
    www.myspace.com
    Let's keep the Mojo going.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    did they? they have 8 remaining starters on defense (who has carried them this year). on offense, they have 5 remaining players. like i said back in the off season, he inherited a situation very similiar to what he had when he took over the eagles. and chip kelly kinda has the same thing, only reversed. the difference this year is reid inherited 6 pro bowlers, while he left none behind for kelly to work with.

the chiefs also have benefited from the easiest schedule of any other team in the whole league. half their wins have come against backup qb's. they have gotten more breaks than the eagles. there is absolutely no disputing that. so far they have taken advantage, to their credit. you can keep harping on one error i made, that's fine...you'll do that because you know you can't win the argument as a whole.

regarding the eagles:
    -the coaching is clearly much better than it was under andy reid over the last few years (as evidenced by the remaining players performing better and the balanced play calling which plays to the team's strength).
    -half of the defense has been turned over and an entirely new system has been put in place, yet they have performed much better than any eagles defense has since jim johnson was roaming the sidelines.

I'm just disputing your numbers in the returning players/talent department. you constantly say how Reid was given more to work with this year vs. Kelly. the numbers tell the reality vs. the myth.

Chiefs 23 returning players (10 on offense, 10 on defense, 3 special teamers)
    Eagles 32 returning players (16 on offense, 14 on defense, 2 special teamers)

as for the Chiefs having 8 returning defensive starters...the eagles have 9 current offensive starters who were on the eagles roster last year

here is an article from early September that talks about the chiefs roster turnover.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1760 ... ck-results

still don't believe it you can figure these numbers how by nfl-reference.com and espn.com. the internet if fantastic for actually finding out facts and it's really not that difficult to find facts.

as I've said before they've done a nice job so far, especially defensively but remember 4/5 of the offensive line missed games including the 2 best offensive linemen and McCoy missed 4.5 games last year as opposed to no missed starts by either the line or McCoy this year. thinking that has a more than small part in some of the success.

as for the chiefs schedule no denying they have played a poor schedule, but they have won the same amount of games against teams with winning records as the Eagles.

those are facts. when the facts don't confirm your opinions you can always just try and put down the person that is giving you the facts.

fuck the snow and beat the Vikes.
    pjhawks wrote:

regarding the eagles:

I'm just disputing your numbers in the returning players/talent department. you constantly say how Reid was given more to work with this year vs. Kelly. the numbers tell the reality vs. the myth.

Chiefs 23 returning players (10 on offense, 10 on defense, 3 special teamers)
    Eagles 32 returning players (16 on offense, 14 on defense, 2 special teamers)

as for the Chiefs having 8 returning defensive starters...the eagles have 9 current offensive starters who were on the eagles roster last year

here is an article from early September that talks about the chiefs roster turnover.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1760 ... ck-results

still don't believe it you can figure these numbers how by nfl-reference.com and espn.com. the internet if fantastic for actually finding out facts and it's really not that difficult to find facts.

as I've said before they've done a nice job so far, especially defensively but remember 4/5 of the offensive line missed games including the 2 best offensive linemen and McCoy missed 4.5 games last year as opposed to no missed starts by either the line or McCoy this year. thinking that has a more than small part in some of the success.

as for the chiefs schedule no denying they have played a poor schedule, but they have won the same amount of games against teams with winning records as the Eagles.

those are facts. when the facts don't confirm your opinions you can always just try and put down the person that is giving you the facts.

fuck the snow and beat the Vikes.

yeah....that was essentially a long winded way of agreeing with me. i guess you're coming around. here you go:
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

kc has 6 returning players starting on offense and 8 returning players starting on defense.
    the birds have 9 returning players starting on offense and 6 returning players starting on defense.

essentially the same but flip flopped regarding offense and defense. main difference is reid inherited 6 pro bowlers, while he left the eagles with none from last year. reid has a very similar situation in kc to what he had here when ray rhodes' players carried the eagles through his early years of success. re: injuries, kc had them last year too, plus they had a player kill himself in the arrowhead stadium parking lot. moot point.

both teams have gotten breaks, but kc has gotten more with their easier schedule, half of their wins coming against back up qb's, and starting off with more top level talent than the eagles. to both teams' credit, they have taken advantage.

the bottom line for the eagles is the coaching is just so much better this year than it has been in years. reid drove this franchise into the ground in every possible way over the last few years. it's nice to have them be better much sooner than anyone expected. such a fun season so far.

go birds!
    www.myspace.com
    shady's gear from last week was sent to the hall of fame. 2nd time this year that happened for this team. pretty crazy.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013 ... -14-eagles

The Eagles' star running back is having a great 2013 campaign. McCoy is currently the NFL's leading rusher with 1,305 yards. That's not simply a volume number, either. His 5.0 average yards per carry is the highest among qualified NFL running backs. When you account for McCoy's receiving yards, he boasts a total of 1744 yards from scrimmage with an average of 134.2 per game. Talk about instant offense.
    --

BEAST :clap:
    www.myspace.com
    the eagles should absolutely win today. they are better in every aspect. but we're so conditioned to the eagles losing a game like this today:

'08-lost to skins as favorite in 2nd to last game then needed a miracle on the last day to get in playoffs.
    '09-lost at home to the cowboys as a favorite, lost division, then had to go to dallas the next week and got crushed in dallas' only playoff win since the mid 90's.
    '10-lost to this same vikings team, at home as a 14 point favorite, lost out on a first round bye...went on a 2 year tailspin that ended with the coach being let go last year.

i want to be confident today. i do.....i really, really do.........
    www.myspace.com
    Fucking trap fucking game.
  • Vikings are playing like contenders!

What's wrong with the Eagles today? Is it their spanking they only want so much? :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Aaaaannnd fucking Romo Face salvages this shitty day. Just amazing.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    Aaaaannnd fucking Romo Face salvages this shitty day. Just amazing.

:D yeah that kinda upped my spirits. Still should have beaten the Vikings. Defense sucked ass and how come Shady only carried the ball 8 times? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    thankfully Dallas is imploding so this loss doesn't hurt this team as much. You absolutely have to win this division now. one game up with 2 to play against a team that is pretty much handing it to you on a sliver platter. Hard to think Dallas is going to win 2 in a row at this point. progress is not made if you don't win the division now.

not totally shocked at this loss. tough to win 6 in a row in the NFL no matter who are you playing against.

kicking off short was a disaster. you can't give even average teams the ball at the 40 consistently. just a horrible decision there and pretty gutless for a team and coaching staff who has tried to preach aggressiveness. didn't like that at all.

have no problem with Chip going for it from their own 24. bad execution but not a bad call.

I know some are going to bring up the play calling but it's not the play calling that caused the defense to give up 48 points to a team with a journeyman QB.

sunday night game will be rendered meaningless for the Birds if Dallas wins in the afternoon. kind of wish it was left at 1:00 start now.
    the eagles should absolutely win today. they are better in every aspect. but we're so conditioned to the eagles losing a game like this today:

'08-lost to skins as favorite in 2nd to last game then needed a miracle on the last day to get in playoffs.
    '09-lost at home to the cowboys as a favorite, lost division, then had to go to dallas the next week and got crushed in dallas' only playoff win since the mid 90's.
    '10-lost to this same vikings team, at home as a 14 point favorite, lost out on a first round bye...went on a 2 year tailspin that ended with the coach being let go last year.

i want to be confident today. i do.....i really, really do.........

'13-lost to vikiings...haha... had a feeling. damn it....

this was a failure in all aspects:
    -worst play calling since the previous regime. the game was not out of hand early, no excuse not to give shady more than 8 carries. just burn the reid play book already.

-the 4th and 1 in your own zone call? not a fan. the challenge? not a fan. if anything, chip should have challenged the 3rd down spot as that would have been easier to see. the timeout to decide to go for 2? i swear i thought big red was down there at times yesterday. terrible. gotta know what you're doing there before the previous play was called.

-the short kickoff strategy was stupid. look, i get it--alex henery stinks and doesn't have a big leg. but you're in a dome. at least attempt one long one. is there anyway henery doesn't get cut this off season? they have zero confidence in him.

-foles ended up with decent numbers but he was missing guys all day. open receivers. as good as he's been, you don't want him throwing close to 50 times. you're not going to win like that. get back to balance.....the thing that's a little scary is the vikings were in a zone most of the day. foles has seen mostly man coverage until yesterday. surely other teams will now use more zone. nick montana, time to adjust young buck....

-the defense showed, while vastly improved, there's still a lack of talent there, especially in the secondary. i thought bennie logan played well. seemed to get his name called a lot. good year for the young buck. but overall, worst effort of year from defense. horrible.

-too many dumb penalties. that's something this team has largely avoided this year.

on the bright side, ertz is continuing to impress. that td catch was a thing of beauty. gotta like the fight. previous birds teams would lay down and die being down 3 scores in the 2nd half. made a lttle noise there.....maybe this is the wake up call they needed? tough to win 8 straight to win the division. now they can still clinch next week if dallas loses again. thank you, tony.

big week ahead. get back to what was successful prior to yesterday and they should be ok. go birds.
    www.myspace.com
    Ugh. Didn't like the kicking situation at all. Shady probably could have had a few more carries mixed in. Nick missed some wide open guys early, it was reminiscent of the Dallas game. They probably went for 2 too early. It was still late in the 3rd. Didn't have a problem with the 4th down call. I had more of a problem with the 3rd down call and had bad the D was.

Romo! :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    yeah....but god bless that tony romo, huh? that crucial interception throwing son of a bitch always comes through, like clock work. it is amazing. at this point, you're expecting it to happen.

for me, it took the sting off the birds loss big time. the juggler was not in the good mood for a while there. i think the skins can beat them next week.
    www.myspace.com
    Chip laid an egg.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    All this means is the playoffs start a week earlier. I have no expectations for this week, so it's all about knowing this all starts two Sundays from now.
    number 1 rushing offense in football
    vs
    number 32 rushing defense in football

you know what you have to do. DO IT. DO IT

rocky4listen.JPG
    www.myspace.com
    number 1 rushing offense in football
    vs

rocky4listen.JPG

it's more imperative that the defense doesn't give up 48 points again. offense wasn't that big of a problem last week. scored enough to have won if the defense wasn't so awful.
  • number 1 rushing offense in football
    vs

rocky4listen.JPG

I keep seeing these images in my head of McCoy running through the Bears secondary…. :fp:
    Though I'm a fan of the high-tempo, as many plays as possible offense, I have to say the best defense to this game will be a long-driving time-of-possession offense. Which they should do with McCoy.

Gotta keep those tall sumbitches off the field from snagging balls on deep routes against this shitty secondary.
    Though I'm a fan of the high-tempo, as many plays as possible offense, I have to say the best defense to this game will be a long-driving time-of-possession offense. Which they should do with McCoy.

Gotta keep those tall sumbitches off the field from snagging balls on deep routes against this shitty secondary.

now there's a guy who knows what he's talking about. put this one in the hands of your best player...he needs like 160 to break wilbert's record? i could see that happening against this defense, and it would be cool to see it happen at home. m-a-t-c-h-u-p-s--they don't come any better than this one.

DO IT. DO IT
    www.myspace.com
    so if the cowboys lose, tomorrow night is for the division title. we know that.

but also--if the lions and packers lose, then trestman is reportedly going to rest his starters because the game would be meaningless.

soooooooo......go redskins, giants, and steelers. path of least resistance is fine by me.
    www.myspace.com
  • so if the cowboys lose, tomorrow night is for the division title. we know that.

but also--if the lions and packers lose, then trestman is reportedly going to rest his starters because the game would be meaningless.

soooooooo......go redskins, giants, and steelers. path of least resistance is fine by me.

yes! time for the redskins to step up! Cousins could earn a big future paycheck today, that should be motivation enough.
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018