******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    pjhawks wrote:

only if you admit that the contention it was bare is silly. 95% of their top players this year were here last year. the facts dispute the notion it was bare. myth vs. reality.

Then it was Andy's coaching? His last 5 years here were pathetic and you know it. With the coaches Andy had here, these players would be tying their shoelaces together.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

only if you admit that the contention it was bare is silly. 95% of their top players this year were here last year. the facts dispute the notion it was bare. myth vs. reality.

Then it was Andy's coaching? His last 5 years here were pathetic and you know it. With the coaches Andy had here, these players would be tying their shoelaces together.

yes of course. the players quit on him last year. and their DBs were atrocious but the talented players on this year's roster were mostly brought in by Andy. that's just a fact. not sure why that is hard to understand.

and the birds are at 6-5. let's not schedule a parade just yet.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2013
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yes of course. the players quit on him last year. and their DBs were atrocious but the talented players on this year's roster were mostly brought in by Andy. that's just a fact. not sure why that is hard to understand.

If reid wasted a 4th round pick on a terrible QB the Linc would have been burned to the ground.

Also, how awesome is it having mike shanahan and his enormous teeth in the nfc east? he is far and away the most overrated coach in nfl history.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Another perfect example of you taking things to far. I never mentioned or insinuated anything close to a parade. When I mentioned that Andy left the cupboard bare, I didn't say it was empty. It's feast or famine with you I guess.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    can't believe your boys are in first. at least the dog killer is on the bench.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:

my sentiments exactly. so nice to watch a real qb for a change
    imalive wrote:
    You must root for the Saints.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Another perfect example of you taking things to far. I never mentioned or insinuated anything close to a parade. When I mentioned that Andy left the cupboard bare, I didn't say it was empty. It's feast or famine with you I guess.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    NFL's leading passer rating! Who knew? Maybe Andy didn't leave the cupboard completely bare, although pretty close to bare..

above is your exact quote dude. how can you possibly say I'm misinterpreting 'Pretty close to bare'? 95% of the key players is not 'pretty close to bare'. jeez
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    NFL's leading passer rating! Who knew? Maybe Andy didn't leave the cupboard completely bare, although pretty close to bare..

above is your exact quote dude. how can you possibly say I'm misinterpreting 'Pretty close to bare'? 95% of the key players is not 'pretty close to bare'. jeez

Then the flip side to that is he coached awfully the past few years.

I'll stop bashing Reid if you stop praising him.

You need to stop focusing on key players just like Reid did. EVERY player on the roster is a key player.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    JK_Livin wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    You must root for the Saints.

uh uh :nono:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

You need to stop focusing on key players just like Reid did. EVERY player on the roster is a key player.

bash andy all you want but is it too much to ask to at least get your fact straight when bashing him?

and no I don't think Jeff Maehl and Joe Kruger are really key players.
    The facts are that his last draft was ok but the 2-3 before that weren't great. I don't understand how anyone can defend the ending of his tenure here. Doesn't matter what he brought in, coaches or players, nothing worked. That's a fact.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

bash andy all you want but is it too much to ask to at least get your fact straight when bashing him?

and no I don't think Jeff Maehl and Joe Kruger are really key players.

That's why Reid is gone because every move matters.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The facts are that his last draft was ok but the 2-3 before that weren't great. I don't understand how anyone can defend the ending of his tenure here. Doesn't matter what he brought in, coaches or players, nothing worked. That's a fact.

the guy you're talking to compared foles to bobby hoying just a few weeks ago. he was also under the impression that this year's team was passing it as much as they did under reid until a month ago. so take anything he says with multiple grains of salt.

half the defense has been turned over. barwin has been a hell of a pick up. benny logan is turning into a solid young player. whole new secondary other than allen, who has resurrected his career under this new staff. nobody talks about him but he's had a very good year so far...not to mention this has all been done while installing a completely new system.

on offense it's pretty much the same other than 2 new starters in johnson and ertz (he's listed as a starter now--2 tight end set is our base)...and of course a whole new system.

reid destroyed everything he built over the last few years. everything from free agent signings to horrible drafts to stale play calling to the disasterous coaching personell decisions. nothing worked.

considering how low on the totem pole this organization sunk, it's really nice to see how quickly things appear to be turning around here.

this is year one. i think people forget what 1999 was like. most people projected 6-7 wins this year. anything more than that is gravy. so... enjoy the heaping scoops of gravy, people. this team is headed in the right direction for the first time in years
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_Livin wrote:

the guy you're talking to compared foles to bobby hoying just a few weeks ago. he was also under the impression that this year's team was passing it as much as they did under reid until a month ago. so take anything he says with multiple grains of salt.

half the defense has been turned over. barwin has been a hell of a pick up. benny logan is turning into a solid young player. whole new secondary other than allen, who has resurrected his career under this new staff. nobody talks about him but he's had a very good year so far...not to mention this has all been done while installing a completely new system.

on offense it's pretty much the same other than 2 new starters in johnson and ertz (he's listed as a starter now--2 tight end set is our base)...and of course a whole new system.

reid destroyed everything he built over the last few years. everything from free agent signings to horrible drafts to stale play calling to the disasterous coaching personell decisions. nothing worked.

considering how low on the totem pole this organization sunk, it's really nice to see how quickly things appear to be turning around here.

this is year one. i think people forget what 1999 was like. most people projected 6-7 wins this year. anything more than that is gravy. so... enjoy the heaping scoops of gravy, people. this team is headed in the right direction for the first time in years
    +1. PJ hawks is so far off it's comical. If Reid had this team it would be fighting for the top pick again. The dude went to a great situation. He has an elite def and great rb.
    Go Birds!!!!
    JK_Livin wrote:

+1. PJ hawks is so far off it's comical. If Reid had this team it would be fighting for the top pick again. The dude went to a great situation. He has an elite def and great rb.

and 0-1 against team's with a winning record. :lol:

only kidding. they're good but if that offense gets down early, they're done. your'e not going to win many games with alex smith throwing 40 plus times like he did last night. he took a few bad sacks last night too.
    www.myspace.com
    JK_Livin wrote:

every week you are becoming like that other guy and twisting what I said. never once did I compare Nick Foles to Bobby Hoying. My comparsion was the fans reactions to a few good games that guys like those have had. go back and read it again. maybe you would have a better comprehension with a 2nd read.

and I haven't defended the end of reid's tenure. he should have been fired after last year's debacle and I said as much then.

love how everyone is jerking off on Nick Foles but Reid gets no credit for bringing him in. love philly fans. I really do
    JK_Livin wrote:

where the fuck did I say Reid should be coaching this team still? the whole post earlier was from one guy saying Reid left the team almost bare which is just a full irrational crock of shit when you view the key players on this team. of course the same guy tried to tell me jeff maehl is a key player so... :fp:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

every week you are becoming like that other guy and twisting what I said. never once did I compare Nick Foles to Bobby Hoying. My comparsion was the fans reactions to a few good games that guys like those have had. go back and read it again. maybe you would have a better comprehension with a 2nd read.

and I haven't defended the end of reid's tenure. he should have been fired after last year's debacle and I said as much then.

love how everyone is jerking off on Nick Foles but Reid gets no credit for bringing him in. love philly fans. I really do

haha...you're right. reid deserves credit for drafting him absolutely. it will be weird fucking irony if he ever turns out to be the qb to bring home a title here.
    www.myspace.com
    while we are talking about reid's mistakes, i always felt like sean mcdermott got a raw deal from him. he's done a great job down in carolina and is expected to get a bunch of interest from teams looking for a new head coach in the offseason:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99873 ... ning-heads

luke kuechly is a beast for that defense.

i still can't believe mcdermott was replaced by juan fucking castillo. that really happened right?... what ever happened to the former offensive line coach who reid made into his defensive coordinator? ah yes, he's floundering in his position as "run game coordinator" down in baltimore:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas ... n-castillo :fp: :lol:

no matter what you think of andy reid, hiring the offensive line coach to coordinate the defense will go down as one of the dumbest things anyone's ever done in philly sports history. colossal failure anyway you look at it.
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2013
    pjhawks wrote:

where the fuck did I say Reid should be coaching this team still? the whole post earlier was from one guy saying Reid left the team almost bare which is just a full irrational crock of shit when you view the key players on this team. of course the same guy tried to tell me jeff maehl is a key player so... :fp:

half of the defense has been turned over in just one off-season. this is just kelly's first year. that is significant turnover. in a couple years, once they are able to fully assemble the pieces they want for the 3-4 scheme, how many starters from 2012 do you think will still be starting? i figure its gonna be about 3 guys.

this is similiar to when reid took over for rhodes but reversed. this time it's the offense that is mostly the same. back then it was rhodes' defensive players who stayed around and became the key cogs in reid's successful years here. i remember saying this to you when kelly was hired. it's true.

edit-

it's 5 new starters out of 11.

11 new players on defense total, out of 24.

so basically a 50% turnover on defense. pjhawks, as usual, doesn't know what he is talking about.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

Another example of your extremism.

We should all be disappointed in Foles that hasn't thrown more passes without an INT. When will this guy show up? :roll:

God forbid we get excited as fans after what we've been through in recent years.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    pjhawks wrote:
    whole post earlier was from one guy saying Reid left the team almost bare which is just a full irrational crock of shit when you view the key players on this team. of course the same guy tried to tell me jeff maehl is a key player so... :fp:

Ignorance is bliss. If you don't think that depth and coaching matter then Reid left the cupboard overflowing, a football cornucopia. Football is a team sport. You need input from top to bottom to win.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    whole post earlier was from one guy saying Reid left the team almost bare which is just a full irrational crock of shit when you view the key players on this team. of course the same guy tried to tell me jeff maehl is a key player so... :fp:

Ignorance is bliss. If you don't think that depth and coaching matter then Reid left the cupboard overflowing, a football cornucopia. Football is a team sport. You need input from top to bottom to win.

depth only helps if you have stars. without the stars it doesn't matter what your depth is. see Packers, Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers.

there are 1,000 Jeff Maehls in the world. he is irrelevant. if he goes down another barely there NFL player takes his place.

as for Foles he has played pretty darn good, but I will remind you that this team is 0-2 against teams with a winning record and the biggest game Foles started this season he was god awful bad in. Schedule getting much tougher. if he keeps playing at a high level and beats good teams to get this team to the playoffs i'll stand up and pat him on the back. too soon at this point though in my opinion.
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

depth only helps if you have stars. without the stars it doesn't matter what your depth is. see Packers, Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers.

there are 1,000 Jeff Maehls in the world. he is irrelevant. if he goes down another barely there NFL player takes his place.

as for Foles he has played pretty darn good, but I will remind you that this team is 0-2 against teams with a winning record and the biggest game Foles started this season he was god awful bad in. Schedule getting much tougher. if he keeps playing at a high level and beats good teams to get this team to the playoffs i'll stand up and pat him on the back. too soon at this point though in my opinion.

Last week was the biggest name he's played and he did well. Look at all the stars we've had the past 3 years and still sucked. Stars mean shit if you don't have capable backups and the right pieces to surround them.

Are you head of the Jeff Maehl fan club because you sure do mention him a lot?

Alex Smith hasn't beaten a team with a winning record either.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    :fp:
    www.myspace.com
    so now that foles qualifies, the eagles currently have the league's highest rated passer and the league's leading rusher

that's pretty fucking cool.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Now there's some dumb fucking logic right there - depth only matters when you have 'stars'.

I don't think I've ever read anything more idiotic from this dipshit. Man oh man....
    Now there's some dumb fucking logic right there - depth only matters when you have 'stars'.

I don't think I've ever read anything more idiotic from this dipshit. Man oh man....

I'm exhausted :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    For me, this thread is un-usable as a place to casually discuss the team. Just a lot of long-winded posts trying to defend pointless positions and opinions. There is nothing I could contribute to any of it. not fun at all, blah.