******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• pjhawks wrote:
    6 straight games without allowing 21 points. haven't done that since jim johnson was roaming the sidelines in 2007.

I think you are over hyping the win and the defensive performance here. once Wallace went out the game was over unless the eagles gave them points via turnovers. in fact for a free agent QB who signed after the pre-season and playing his 1st ever downs in the NFL one could argue that Eagles defense actually didn't shut him down enough.

best thing foles did today was not throw an interception. let's be honest the two long TD passes were fairly lucky.

word on Comcast is the Vick is probably done for the year so I don't think you have to worry about making any decision anyways.

with that being said don't look a gift horse in the mouth. take the win and tie for 1st place. so fucking due to win a home game too.

oh and Give to Fly at the start on Fox was pretty cool.
    All that writing and you couldn't say ONE good thing about Foles? You becoming the person you like the least more and more.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Nice win. I didn't get to see much. I hope the injuries aren't too bad. Nice to see Shady running like that again. I was following on twitter and heard Shady was tackled by a couple exorcist type facemask pulls. Who would've thought 4 out of 6 at home would be a bad thing?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    All that writing and you couldn't say ONE good thing about Foles? You becoming the person you like the least more and more.

I don't grade on a curve. praised is earned not given out lightly.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    pjhawks wrote:
    6 straight games without allowing 21 points. haven't done that since jim johnson was roaming the sidelines in 2007.

I think you are over hyping the win and the defensive performance here. once Wallace went out the game was over unless the eagles gave them points via turnovers. in fact for a free agent QB who signed after the pre-season and playing his 1st ever downs in the NFL one could argue that Eagles defense actually didn't shut him down enough.

best thing foles did today was not throw an interception. let's be honest the two long TD passes were fairly lucky.

overhyping? no this is a team that struggled to win 4 games with last year. so i will enjoy every win they get. chiefs fans aren't upset that they haven't played a team with a winning record yet (and a bunch of back up qb's as well). it's the nfl. "every win in this league is a good win." ;)

the defense did absolutely everything you could as of them. the plan all along was to stop lacy, one of the game's best rb's of late, and they held him to 3 yards per carry. mission accomplished. they gave up some yards through the air but only 13 points. excellent job by the defense. excellent.

i'd say completing 67% of his passes, gaining some clutch 38 yards on the ground, managing the game effectively while putting up a 149% qb rating was pretty good.....you know, to go along with 3 more touchdowns...and still zero interceptions. bobby hoying would be proud huh?

go birds.
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

overhyping? no this is a team that struggled to win 4 games with last year. so i will enjoy every win they get. chiefs fans aren't upset that they haven't played a team with a winning record yet (and a bunch of back up qb's as well). it's the nfl. "every win in this league is a good win." ;)

the defense did absolutely everything you could as of them. the plan all along was to stop lacy, one of the game's best rb's of late, and they held him to 3 yards per carry. mission accomplished. they gave up some yards through the air but only 13 points. excellent job by the defense. excellent.

i'd say completing 67% of his passes, gaining some clutch 38 yards on the ground, managing the game effectively while putting up a 149% qb rating was pretty good.....you know, to go along with 3 more touchdowns...and still zero interceptions. bobby hoying would be proud huh?

go birds.

i'm loving the wins too but saying the defense was excellent - really? stopping that team yesterday was as impressive as Dallas and the Giants stopping the birds with Matt Barkley (and they didn't do as well as those two teams did against Barkley). Tolzien did complete 61.5% of his passes for 12 yards per reception. that's not very good against a guy who was on the practice squad last week.

foles has played well this year overall. the no interceptions is damn impressive but yesterday I thought he was just ok even though that is all it took. 2 TD passes were fairly lucky. even you can't dispute that.
    Obviously it was an easier task than if Rodgers were in there...but yes, holding Lacy to 3 yards per carry and only giving up 13 points--that is an excellent performance. I couldn't ask for anything more. They game planned to stop the run so obviously they would give up some yards in the air (these aren't the 85 Bears). But they forced a couple picks and, again--13 points allowed. That is a great effort.

Moving in the right direction....
    www.myspace.com
    Obviously it was an easier task than if Rodgers were in there...but yes, holding Lacy to 3 yards per carry and only giving up 13 points--that is an excellent performance. I couldn't ask for anything more. They game planned to stop the run so obviously they would give up some yards in the air (these aren't the 85 Bears). But they forced a couple picks and, again--13 points allowed. That is a great effort.

definitely moving in the right direction so I will agree with you on that. I just don't like to throw out the words great and excellent so casually. I reserve those for more special moments and games.
    pjhawks wrote:

definitely moving in the right direction so I will agree with you on that. I just don't like to throw out the words great and excellent so casually. I reserve those for more special moments and games.

well if i were grading the defense yesterday, i'd give it an A overall.

glad we agree that the team is moving in the right direction, though. after the previous few years, for me, that is the only thing this season is about. anything more is gravy.
    www.myspace.com
    inside shady's rushing yards:

By Quarter

1Q: 53-237 (4.5)

2Q: 46-196 (4.3)

3Q: 57-328 (5.7)

4Q: 37-171 (4.6)

By Down

1D: 98-452 (4.6)

2D: 68-371 (5.4)

3D: 25-103 (4.1)

4D: 2-6 (3.0)

By Direction

Left: 67-336 (5.0)

Middle: 51-237 (4.6)

Right: 75-359 (4.8)

By Formation

11 personnel (1 RB, 1 TE): 144-721 (5.0)

12 personnel (1 RB, 2 TE): 49-211 (4.3)
    www.myspace.com
    Brad Smith
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • When do you guys plan on winning your first home game??

At home against Redskins next week! This would be a good time to start!

The Cowboys are on a bye week - perfect opportunity - don't blow it!! :mrgreen::D:lol:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    big game on sunday. i can't wait to get down there.
    www.myspace.com
    When do you guys plan on winning your first home game??

The Cowboys are on a bye week - perfect opportunity - don't blow it!! :mrgreen::D:lol:

This is our 11th plan in a row.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I sold my tix to friend because it's my son's last soccer game of the year. The Detroit game has a chance to be flexed.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I sold my tix to friend because it's my son's last soccer game of the year. The Detroit game has a chance to be flexed.

yeah i could see that and the last dallas game being pushed to 4, if not the sunday night game.
    www.myspace.com
  • woohooo! the cheesesteak defense!!!! :D
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    YOUR first place, Philadelphia Eagles. :clap:

balanced offense....another good game from foles...defense continues to improve--barwin was such a solid pick up last spring. he was a beast again today.

it just feels nice to have meaningful late season football in these parts for the first time in a long time. kelly has done a great job with this team so far.

GO.BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    YOUR first place, Philadelphia Eagles. :clap:

balanced offense....another good game from foles...defense continues to improve--barwin was such a solid pick up last spring. he was a beast again today.

it just feels nice to have meaningful late season football in these parts for the first time in a long time. kelly has done a great job with this team so far.

GO.BIRDS.

:thumbup:

first home win since last September :lol: Defense looked solid. Just erase the 4th quarter from our minds. Anyone else have a heart attack (besides the almost comeback) when McCoy went down?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    mccoyflagthief_medium.gif
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_Livin wrote:

Nice win. Got a little help from that awful interception at the me. But a win is a win.

Really hoping that Dallas/Philly showdown in week 17 is for the division.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    mccoyflagthief_medium.gif

That was great.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

Nice win. Got a little help from that awful interception at the me. But a win is a win.

Really hoping that Dallas/Philly showdown in week 17 is for the division.

Pressure by Cox forced the INT.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    good win. both offense and defense looked real good in the 1st half. second half once again chip Kelly went into pussy mode and it almost cost them. skins couldn't stop the downfield passing game in the 1st half but we decide to abandon it once it got to 24-0. you have a QB who hasn't thrown an interception and he gets gutless in the passing game. trust your qb there chip. didn't like it at all.

best thing about the defense has been how guys have stepped up after injuries. Goode and Carmichael were solid again.

interesting that when both teams tried to primarily run they got nothing and yet when they primarily threw the ball they got points. funny how that works in the nfl these days.

I stand by my comments about mike shanahan. he is just not a very good coach. He should lick John Elway's balls for giving him a long career as a head coach.
    edited November 2013
    I just read that Eagles v. Cardinals will bump Giants v. Redskins on 12/1 SNF! :D

EDIT: now Eskin is saying it's not going to be flexed so it probably will. :lol:
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I just read that Eagles v. Cardinals will bump Giants v. Redskins on 12/1 SNF! :D

nice i just saw that.

what a difference a year makes. last november the eagles lost all 4 games by an average of 16 points. so far they are 3-0 this year, winning by average of 17 points.

onward and upward gentlemen. onward and upward :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    so here's what we have left:

arizona at home in 2 weeks
    lions at home
    vikings away
    bears at home
    cowboys away

arizona's defense is really good, especially the secondary. getting them after a bye, at home, is a nice break. winning at home is no longer some weird concept to this team. :lol:

lions game has shootout written all over it. d's streak of 21 pts or less will probably end here.

vikings game should be a win.

bears...i guess cutler will be back by now? this can go either way.

cowboys for the division.

all 5 of these games are winnable....especially with them getting healthy after a well timed bye week. i can see them winning 3, maybe 4 with some luck and taking this division and hosting a playoff game. :shock: who would have thought this would even be possible a couple months ago?
    www.myspace.com
    NFL's leading passer rating! Who knew? Maybe Andy didn't leave the cupboard completely bare, although pretty close to bare.

Just keep taking care of the ball Nick.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    NFL's leading passer rating! Who knew? Maybe Andy didn't leave the cupboard completely bare, although pretty close to bare.

2 QBs, both key running backs, top 3 receivers, 1 tight end, 4/5 of the starting offensive line, 2/3 of the defensive line, 2/3 of the linebackers, and 1 starting db. wouldn't call that bare.
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

2 QBs, both key running backs, top 3 receivers, 1 tight end, 4/5 of the starting offensive line, 2/3 of the defensive line, 2/3 of the linebackers, and 1 starting db. wouldn't call that bare.

Stop
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Stop

only if you admit that the contention it was bare is silly. 95% of their top players this year were here last year. the facts dispute the notion it was bare. myth vs. reality.