Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    WTF did I watch yesterday? So we go from 0 TD's in 2 games to that. Must be Sixers fever, everyone's catching it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    pjhawks wrote:
    7 tds--ties nfl record. what the hell is going on???!?!?

already matched last year's win total. almost at the amount of points that scrub team scored all year last year too....despite the previous 2 weeks. not too bad.

amazing to tear up a defense that was in the top 10 coming into the game like that. that 1st half was like the Redskins game where the Raiders had no answers at all. when I talk about throwing the ball a lot that is what I envision. unstoppable today.

you envision one of the greatest passing performances of all time, like every week? yeah, i would be on board with that too. :lol:

monday's are always a bit easier after a birds win. luckily the pack will be coming off a short week next sunday. be interesting to see how they compete against one of the better teams.

go birds
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    pjhawks wrote:
    7 tds--ties nfl record. what the hell is going on???!?!?

already matched last year's win total. almost at the amount of points that scrub team scored all year last year too....despite the previous 2 weeks. not too bad.

amazing to tear up a defense that was in the top 10 coming into the game like that. that 1st half was like the Redskins game where the Raiders had no answers at all. when I talk about throwing the ball a lot that is what I envision. unstoppable today.

you envision one of the greatest passing performances of all time, like every week? yeah, i would be on board with that too. :lol:

monday's are always a bit easier after a birds win. luckily the pack will be coming off a short week next sunday. be interesting to see how they compete against one of the better teams.

go birds

nah I wish we ran the ball into the line for 3 yards a few more times yesterday. I guess I lost count of how many times after the 12+ yards gain on every pass play in the 1st 3 quarters yesterday I said to myself 'gee I wish they ran the ball for 3 yards there instead' :D
  • Options
    Shady has got to take what's there more often. He passed up on some 5yd runs trying to get 80 and wound up with 2yds or less. :nono:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Shady has got to take what's there more often. He passed up on some 5yd runs trying to get 80 and wound up with 2yds or less. :nono:

Agreed. He's looking for that big play too much lately. Nice to have Bryce Brown playing well again to give him a break though.

And how about this defense? They have been very good ever since the Broncos game.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    next week's game may have just gotten winnable...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Are you more afraid of Brett Favre, Vince Young, or Tim Tebow?
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    Are you more afraid of Brett Favre, Vince Young, or Tim Tebow?

If Tony Romo was a hotdog, would you eat him?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    birds +1.5 at lambeau...bet it would have been at least 9 with rogers healthy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

That must be fake. The spreads aren't out yet.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

That must be fake. The spreads aren't out yet.

i thought you were a degenerate?

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158

I was just messing around, lol. But I didn't think spreads got posted so early. Ed posts them on Friday morning. Do they change at all during the week?
  • Options

I was just messing around, lol. But I didn't think spreads got posted so early. Ed posts them on Friday morning. Do they change at all during the week?

yeah they move a little depending on where they money is going and injuries and stuff...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yeah they move a little depending on where they money is going and injuries and stuff...

What do you mean where the money is going?
  • Options

like if a lot of people are betting on the packers early...vegas would adjust the line up (to -2 or more) to entice more money coming in on the eagles. the goal is to basically have half of the betting public liking the eagles and half liking the packers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    In the wake of the Dolphins o-line mess, I wonder if Watkins will ever get to play? If he can't get time with 2 more starters out, I think it will be time to pick up the fire helmet again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I know Foles shit the bed v. Dallas but this stat is telling.

Nick Foles: 12-15, 7 TD passing in the red zone this season; Michael Vick: 5-19, 1 TD

Even if Vick gets healthy, how can you switch back to him?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

like if a lot of people are betting on the packers early...vegas would adjust the line up (to -2 or more) to entice more money coming in on the eagles. the goal is to basically have half of the betting public liking the eagles and half liking the packers.

That hardly seems fair. How can they make changes once people start placing their bets?

Ah well, it's Vegas and they'll do what they want I guess. Probably been doing it for years.
  • Options

That hardly seems fair. How can they make changes once people start placing their bets?

Ah well, it's Vegas and they'll do what they want I guess. Probably been doing it for years.

You keep the spread at the time your bet is placed. It only changes for future bets.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:
    In the wake of the Dolphins o-line mess, I wonder if Watkins will ever get to play? If he can't get time with 2 more starters out, I think it will be time to pick up the fire helmet again.

god what a waste of a pick he was. he just turned 29 yesterday too. if he was any good, he'd only have a few years left anyway :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I know Foles shit the bed v. Dallas but this stat is telling.

Nick Foles: 12-15, 7 TD passing in the red zone this season; Michael Vick: 5-19, 1 TD

Even if Vick gets healthy, how can you switch back to him?

there's no way you go back to vick at this point man. can't keep flip flopping. let's see if we can get some consistency for the rest of the season with foles. if we do, then we may not have to spend an early pick on a qb next spring.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :D
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    some injuries to deal with...but that's a solid win right there.

nick foles continues to impress. the people comparing him to bobby hoying look pretty stupid right now.

great balance to the play calling with shady getting back on track in a big way today.

the defense....another good performance.

this team is moving in the right direction. after the last couple years under the last regime, this is all we could ask for this year. good stuff. now let's win a game at the linc finally.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    There would've been something seriously wrong if they couldn't win today.

Big game for the Cowboys tonight!
  • Options

nothing can be taken for granted for a young team like the eagles with a qb trying to make a name for himself. eagles also have plenty of injuries on their end.

by the way, i loved the last drive of the game to ice it. that's how you close a game out. wish they did that against the chargers.

tall order for the cowboys tonight. i don't even see them covering.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

nothing can be taken for granted for a young team like the eagles with a qb trying to make a name for himself. eagles also have plenty of injuries on their end.

by the way, i loved the last drive of the game to ice it. that's how you close a game out. wish they did that against the chargers.

To quote JK_Livin, all teams deal with injuries, so injuries are no excuse. And Foles has already made a name for himself.

I didn't see the game last week, though.

I see the Cowboys covering. I see them winning! Mr. November gonna go toe to toe with Brees and outshoot him in the dome!
  • Options

To quote JK_Livin, all teams deal with injuries, so injuries are no excuse. And Foles has already made a name for himself.

I didn't see the game last week, though.

I see the Cowboys covering. I see them winning! Mr. November gonna go toe to toe with Brees and outshoot him in the dome!

of course it's not an excuse. they won the game. just pointing out that they have their share of injuries, like the packers do. so it wasn't a sure thing that they were going to win today.

foles has to prove he can do this consistently. one game, does not make you a franchise qb. this was another nice step in the right direction.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,044
    solid win, now if we can only win at home..... :think:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    6 straight games without allowing 21 points. haven't done that since jim johnson was roaming the sidelines in 2007.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240
    6 straight games without allowing 21 points. haven't done that since jim johnson was roaming the sidelines in 2007.

I think you are over hyping the win and the defensive performance here. once Wallace went out the game was over unless the eagles gave them points via turnovers. in fact for a free agent QB who signed after the pre-season and playing his 1st ever downs in the NFL one could argue that Eagles defense actually didn't shut him down enough.

best thing foles did today was not throw an interception. let's be honest the two long TD passes were fairly lucky.

word on Comcast is the Vick is probably done for the year so I don't think you have to worry about making any decision anyways.

with that being said don't look a gift horse in the mouth. take the win and tie for 1st place. so fucking due to win a home game too.

oh and Give to Fly at the start on Fox was pretty cool.