Options

MY NEIGHBOR'S PREVIOUS JOB WAS TO MAKE ME SANDWICHES...and a guy i worked with killed his wife

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think you should return the favour and have him over for an Eagles game and make him some sandwiches...sounds fair ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:.

but he's a fraud giants fan...even though he barely knows anything about sports.

there's not much to like about this guy. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think you should return the favour and have him over for an Eagles game and make him some sandwiches...sounds fair ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:.

but he's a fraud giants fan...even though he barely knows anything about sports.

there's not much to like about this guy. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

then you might have to brown bag it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    saw him while putting up xmas lights today. apparently he has been working there for a month now :shock:

the good news is he said that he is usually in the back room at the time i normally go down there for lunch.

so as long as i keep my normal schedule, i may avoid the awkwardness of my neighbor preparing my lunch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ran into him after i got my breakfast this morning. it was actually one of the nicest, 2 minute conversations we've had. it consisted mainly about our commutes.

then he asked me if i noticed a difference in the quality of food since he took over (he's the head chef, i guess).....i said no. :o .....should i have lied and said yes? :? i was just being honest since i did not notice a difference. the food has always been pretty good there. plus i had no idea he worked there until a week or so ago....he ended the conversation shortly thereafter.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,030
    ran into him after i got my breakfast this morning. it was actually one of the nicest, 2 minute conversations we've had. it consisted mainly about our commutes.

then he asked me if i noticed a difference in the quality of food since he took over (he's the head chef, i guess).....i said no. :o .....should i have lied and said yes? :? i was just being honest since i did not notice a difference. the food has always been pretty good there. plus i had no idea he worked there until a week or so ago....he ended the conversation shortly thereafter.
    perhaps, since he was fishing for an attaboy, it would have been better to say you havent paid that close attention to say one way or the other?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

perhaps, since he was fishing for an attaboy, it would have been better to say you havent paid that close attention to say one way or the other?

the moment i said it, i knew it was the wrong thing to say. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:

the moment i said it, i knew it was the wrong thing to say. :lol:

After saying you didn't notice a difference you may in fact from now on see a difference with YOUR food. :lol:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    DS1119 wrote:

After saying you didn't notice a difference you may in fact from now on see a difference with YOUR food. :lol:

Yeah I read that thinking that there is a possibility (likely small, but still...) that he was wondering if you noticed any of the *extras* he has been including in your food. :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    juggler should write for someecards.com ... :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    juggler should write for someecards.com ... :lol:

do what now cards?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    we now have better coffee cups here. before it was just the styrofoam cups. now it's the paper/cardboard kind with the better lids--like the starbucks cups.

nice job, neighbor.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    we now have better coffee cups here. before it was just the styrofoam cups. now it's the paper/cardboard kind with the better lids--like the starbucks cups.

nice job, neighbor.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    turns out, i rarely see my neighbor at work. no he has not actually made me a sandwich yet. perhaps this thread was much ado about nothing? at least so far?

however... i think there is a possibility of more awkwardness on the horizon. his house has been on the market for 4 months. no dice....

the wife and i are in the process of doing some fixer upper things to our place in hopes of putting it on the market in the spring/summer. these are town homes, but ours is much nicer---end unit, fenced in yard, hard wood floors, finished basement, updated kitchen, yada. neighbor doesn't have any of that. i suspect ours will sell rather quickly, relatively speaking. i think it would be weird if it sold before joe's did.

i've never sold a house before. anyone ever put theirs up at the same time as their neighbor? was that strange? i can imagine a sense of competitiveness brewing maybe. i don't know.

anyone?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it depends on the market and what people are looking for ...

in my neighbourhood - your neighbour's house would be more attractive because it will likely go for less ... there is obviously a large market for people to buy a house they can move right into but there is also a segment of the market who want in on a neighbourhood as cheap as possible so they can do the reno's to their home to make it how they want it ...

soo ... it really depends on what buyers are looking for ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    it depends on the market and what people are looking for ...

in my neighbourhood - your neighbour's house would be more attractive because it will likely go for less ... there is obviously a large market for people to buy a house they can move right into but there is also a segment of the market who want in on a neighbourhood as cheap as possible so they can do the reno's to their home to make it how they want it ...

soo ... it really depends on what buyers are looking for ...

the updates we are making are to make our place are more in line with what an end unit a block away went for last year, which was about 15k more than what my neighbor has his listed at. and their neighbor's house, i think it was 2 places down, went for what my neighbor's place is listed at. so it was basically the same situation over there only they were not listed at the same time.

you might be right, but a lot of people want something that is already move in ready and stuff. and it's not a huge difference in price anyway.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    2 houses have sold in our development recently in only 10 days.

my neighbor's house has been on the market now for about 5 months.

:fp:

:x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    couple weeks ago i am home on a friday on the back deck. joe steps outside.

juggler "hey joe...got yourself a little 3 day weekend as well, huh? nicely done."

joe "actually, i got laid off. on tuesday."

juggler "really? aw, man, i am really sorry to hear that....yada. yada. yada"

joe "yeah it sucks. so then we had to take the house off the market." ( :fp: :x :roll: )

juggler "that blows...yeah i was actually meaning to ask you how that was going because we'll be putting ours up pretty soon..."

joe "it was actually going really well. believe it or not we got an offer that we would probably have accepted on the day i got laid off" ( :o :x :x :x :x :x :x :fp: :roll:)

i can't get rid of this guy!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cold
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Poor bastard...
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Cold

you want cold?

my realtor (the juggler's brother) tracked down the people who put an offer on his place to see if they would be interested in mine. :lol::lol:

...alas, they already have an offer out on some other place though. :lol:

in all seriousness, i really do feel bad for the guy. they got 3 kids and need a sfr badly. that's just the epitome of bad timing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Ice cold :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The updates you are making will likely get you the response you are looking for. We looked at every property in Cherry Hill or directly surrounding areas in our price range and saw many that had been on the market for a while that I know I would have been able to offer less on. At one place we went back to the owners were there (uncomfortable, I would highly recommend making sure you are not home during visits from prospective buyers) and pretty much begging us.
    We saw the place list online that we ended up buying on the first day it was posted. I visited it 2 days later and made an offer as I was doing the walk through -- my wife was away on a casting trip -- w/o my wife even seeing it. The inside was totally different than all of the others we looked at.
    For the same price bracket this place was shiny compared to the others.
    We ended up in a 5 family bidding war and I paid 25k more than I wanted.
    Just over a month after move in date we both think it was the best 25K we spent in our lives so far.

Those extras will make a difference and hopefully find you multiple bidders.
  • Options
    The updates you are making will likely get you the response you are looking for. We looked at every property in Cherry Hill or directly surrounding areas in our price range and saw many that had been on the market for a while that I know I would have been able to offer less on. At one place we went back to the owners were there (uncomfortable, I would highly recommend making sure you are not home during visits from prospective buyers) and pretty much begging us.
    We saw the place list online that we ended up buying on the first day it was posted. I visited it 2 days later and made an offer as I was doing the walk through -- my wife was away on a casting trip -- w/o my wife even seeing it. The inside was totally different than all of the others we looked at.
    For the same price bracket this place was shiny compared to the others.
    We ended up in a 5 family bidding war and I paid 25k more than I wanted.
    Just over a month after move in date we both think it was the best 25K we spent in our lives so far.

Those extras will make a difference and hopefully find you multiple bidders.

thanks. good advice here....except the whole making an offer without the wife being there. :lol: that would not go over well.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well... that went well. :lol:

put house on the market monday. offer accepted, FULL PRICE, tuesday. giddy up mother fuckers!

also---we already got an offer pending on the new house. closing and moving at end of june.

beat it joe!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well... that went well. :lol:

put house on the market monday. offer accepted, FULL PRICE, tuesday. giddy up mother fuckers!

also---we already got an offer pending on the new house. closing and moving at end of june.

beat it joe!

...also, as i typed that post, smoke from joe's cigarette was seeping through my window. :x :x a single family house on .64 acres is a' waiting me and it cannot get here soon enough. never again joe! never again! :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    haha I haven't heard that in years... 'beat it' :lol: I also like 'scram'
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    chadwick wrote:
    haha I haven't heard that in years... 'beat it' :lol: I also like 'scram'

i use it on a daily basis.

by the way, the first thing i will do when i move to the new place?

put in a fence :thumbup: :lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Beat it smokey joe!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    so, no more sandwiches?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Can I get a turkey Sammy on marble rye?