Options

MY NEIGHBOR'S PREVIOUS JOB WAS TO MAKE ME SANDWICHES...and a guy i worked with killed his wife

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    dear, juggs

you would be very pleased with a home built to your liking. please consider my skills as your carpentor/construction leader. i've built treehouses, mowed lawns, waxed cars & i've erected more than five combat ready log forts.

sincerely,
    chadwick

we'd like one combat ready log fort please. concerned about the add-ons. how much would a walkout finished basement run us in one of those?
    you're asking a lot of a guy, sir!

this is now a demand. make it happen.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i know a guy (he's now in his late 70's early 80's) who was a fireman chief. this man back in the day built his own home & by hand dug the basement. sure he probably had some help from friends & his brother, but still, this is a extremely tough & determined man with a strong ass back.

juggs... i think i'll call this guy for ya
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i know a guy (he's now in his late 70's early 80's) who was a fireman chief. this man back in the day built his own home & by hand dug the basement. sure he probably had some help from friends & his brother, but still, this is a extremely tough & determined man with a strong ass back.

no this requires more than a phone call. i will need you to put on your sunday best (as if you and the kids were going to sears), hop in your horse and buggy, and arrive at this fellow's house in person....and then promptly demand that he build me a combat ready log fort with a finished basement.

do this today before swimming your laps.

now go, sir.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:

no this requires more than a phone call. i will need you to put on your sunday best (as if you and the kids were going to sears), hop in your horse and buggy, and arrive at this fellow's house in person....and then promptly demand that he build me a combat ready log fort with a finished basement.

now go, sir.
    you're a hoot. :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

now go, sir.
    you're a hoot. :lol:

when will the construction start?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    Where I live, the housing situation would be laughable, if it wasn't so sad.

Hopefully wherever you are, Mr. Juggs, you will have much better prospects!
    Prayin' to the house gods for you. :-)

there are house gods too? i can't keep track anymore...
    Yeah where I live you have to sacrifice perfectly nice homes to the gods by demolishing them, and construct property line to property line monstrosities in homage... It's best if you make it at least 8 bedrooms (6 of which are to remain unused) and only live in it once or twice a year when you're visiting on business from Shanghai.

That's what the housing gods like best :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    half...of a jappa!

i close in one month from today. wound up finding a pretty awesome place in the area we were originally looking. so it all worked out. we sold the old place in june and we've been in a temporary apartment for a couple months now. kind of annoying with the pooch. can't wait to get out of here. :)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    half...of a jappa!

i close in one month from today. wound up finding a pretty awesome place in the area we were originally looking. so it all worked out. we sold the old place in june and we've been in a temporary apartment for a couple months now. kind of annoying with the pooch. can't wait to get out of here. :)

Congrats! Sounds like a great end to a long search.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    half...of a jappa!

yeah this place is actually much nicer than the one we walked away from back in april. so we're pretty psyched. only pissed that i missed out on a much lower rate back then but, hey, what can you do?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    half...of a jappa!

yeah this place is actually much nicer than the one we walked away from back in april. so we're pretty psyched. only pissed that i missed out on a much lower rate back then but, hey, what can you do?

My buddy in CA ended up with an $88,000 difference + a higher rate by waiting 6 months. Course the houses out there cost 2x what we can get them for here but that is still a huge difference.
    Glad you like this one better and there is no sinkhole in the backyard.
  • Options

you will not believe this, but the guy i work with who wanted me to buy his house to help speed up his divorce proceedings....stabbed his wife to death, in his house that he showed us, on thursday night. they have 2 kids who were in the house at the time, we're assuming. unreal story. i've sat next to him for 3 years. really nice, easy going guy.

surreal experience at work yesterday. can't put into words how bad i feel for his twins.

soooo........this trial finally begins next month. i just read that the prosecution is going to say that he took a knife combat training class a couple months before stabbing his wife. the article also said that the prosecution wants admissible a conversation he secretly recorded with her just a few hours prior to the murder.

crazy shit...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Mind boggling/scary
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

you will not believe this, but the guy i work with who wanted me to buy his house to help speed up his divorce proceedings....stabbed his wife to death, in his house that he showed us, on thursday night. they have 2 kids who were in the house at the time, we're assuming. unreal story. i've sat next to him for 3 years. really nice, easy going guy.

surreal experience at work yesterday. can't put into words how bad i feel for his twins.

soooo........this trial finally begins next month. i just read that the prosecution is going to say that he took a knife combat training class a couple months before stabbing his wife. the article also said that the prosecution wants admissible a conversation he secretly recorded with her just a few hours prior to the murder.

crazy shit...
    So....what happened at the trial? image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    It keeps getting pushed back. Got an update yesterday though. He was pushing to have 1st degree charge thrown out but that was denied (He stabbed her 12 times, I think he knew what he was doing). Trial should start in the spring. Dude's looking at life in prison...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    is it the sammich guy?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

It keeps getting pushed back. Got an update yesterday though. He was pushing to have 1st degree charge thrown out but that was denied (He stabbed her 12 times, I think he knew what he was doing). Trial should start in the spring. Dude's looking at life in prison...

First degree murder requires it to be planned, so even if he knew what he was doing it might still be second degree (or, who knows, even manslaughter but I didn't read back over the thread to see the details).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    RKCNDY said:

is it the sammich guy?

No. It was the knife wielding guy who wanted me to purchase his house

Last I heard of the sammich guy was that he was thinking of opening a hot dog restaurant or something
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622
    Wait, I thought it was the sandwich guy too. This story just took a U turn
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Wait, I thought it was the sandwich guy too. This story just took a U turn

Sandwich guy was my neighbor who got a job as a chef at my company's cafeteria. The guy who killed his wife was just a fellow co worker who I sat next to at work for a few years--incidentally he had the pleasure of eating some sandwiches my old neighbor made.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    holy crap
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Juggler you should consider writing this into a mini series for Netflix lol
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Totally...I'm gonna have to go back and re-read the entire thread. If I remember correctly, sammich guy was a clown...pissed off over a fence or something I think.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

Totally...I'm gonna have to go back and re-read the entire thread. If I remember correctly, sammich guy was a clown...pissed off over a fence or something I think.
    Yeah, the fence is a different thread. Hated living next to that guy....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Wow, how did I miss is thread!?

Any more details you can provide on the murder? He stabbed her 12 times? What else? This is crazy.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Wow, how did I miss is thread!?

Any more details you can provide on the murder? He stabbed her 12 times? What else? This is crazy.

well i think it's mostly in here. here's some other details:
    they were having marital problems. they apparently were each cheating on each other. according to friends who know him better than i ,his wife wasn't shy about flirting with guys in front of him and making him jealous and stuff (she apparently cheated on him with someone else at our company---but he was also having an affair with a woman there as well). he then starting tracking her every move by putting a gps device on her car, installing surveillance in their home so he can spy on her when he's not home (one day he showed me the webcam of his house when he was trying to get me to buy it from him--in retrospect that is pretty creepy)...they filed for divorce a few weeks before he killed her....he met her father and mother in a motel to show them all the evidence he had collected of her cheating on him and how that is why he was divorcing her...right around the time they filed for divorce he claims she asked him to kill her with a knife--and then he tried to have her committed to some mental health facility but they determined that she was fine and released her...he also was granted a temporary protection from abuse order against her but it was dismissed only a few days later. lots of crazy stuff going on.

he also took combat and knife wielding lessons in the months prior to the murder. the reason, from what i gather, that the 1st degree charge was not thrown out was the manner in which he stabbed her. he went after all of the vital areas of her body--neck, torso, face, back of neck, and both arms, wrists, and hands----so, in theory, because of his combat training he knew exactly what he was trying to do and it wasn't just an act of self defense.

and his twin 5 year old daughters were sleeping upstairs while it happened.

the morning we found out was so surreal. my wife saw the story on a local news app. the names were not shown at that time but the address was and she though it was in the neighborhood of my co-workers house that he showed us to buy (behind his wife's back while she was out of town--he wanted leverage in getting her to agree to sell the house). so she texted me about it. what was odd was, that the accused (i'm leaving his name out), sent an email to one of our friends at work who sat near us saying something bad happened and that he needed him to clear out his desk of all his stuff (he had a lot of the info he gathered on his wife there). the email was sent at like 3am and from his work email address, which we can access outside of work. so we were already talking about how weird that was and about what might have happened, yada yada yada....then i get the text from my wife, quickly pull up the address on google maps and BAM...within a minute or two we came to the definitive conclusion that it was his house and that he had killed his wife. there was no wondering about "could he have?" "is that really his house?" "no that can't be"...it was so definitive. fucking crazy. a guy we knew pretty well and interacted with on a daily basis had just killed his wife.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i changed the thread title to add some clarity---the guy who killed his wife is not the same guy who made me sandwiches.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    That's creepy...I would be totally freaked out by the fact that I knew this guy...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Those poor kids.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Where is jugs? I forgot to ask him if he bleached the rest of the carpet or replaced it.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Where is jugs? I forgot to ask him if he bleached the rest of the carpet or replaced it.

Bleached the rest of it. Looked like a tie dye shirt. Pretty trippy
    chinese-happy.jpg