Options

MY NEIGHBOR'S PREVIOUS JOB WAS TO MAKE ME SANDWICHES...and a guy i worked with killed his wife

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
edited March 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
update--he's now unemployed

i have had a tenuous, at best, relationship with my neighbor. some of my adventures with him have been documented in this thread about fence ettiqute:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=128703&start=210

long story short: i did a refinance for the guy shortly after i moved in. it was awkaward knowing all of his financial data. i was a little surprised he wanted me to do it because of that fact. it was more awkward when he shopped me around like crazy despite me essentially giving the loan away and hardly making any $ on it (my mom was the notary and she waved her fee too). then he questioned e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g at closing like he didn't trust us or something. i took offense to it but didn't say anything since i didn't want things to be weird between us. but it's been awkard ever since. i always felt like he had a chip on his shoulder against me too. he know i know how much he makes. he knows i probably make more than he does--plus i know all about their business. i don't know, we just don't get along (don't share the same interests too which didn't help). their kids are annoying. plus we swear the guy is bipolor. one day he is really jovial. the next he doesn't even acknowledge you if you say hello. we put up a fence partly so we don't have to converse with them. yada. yada. yada.

about 2 months ago mrs juggler and i were quite ecstatic when a "for sale" sign appeared on their front lawn. :o:D we were hoping the house would sell quickly and were thinking about possibly never having to have a conversation with them ever again (avoiding them when out in the back yard...driving an extra lap around the block when they were getting into their cars etc :lol: ).....house hasn't sold yet. getting to be the time of year where it may not sell till spring. but we are still optimistic.......

on monday i was purusing my company's cafeteria in hopes of stocking up on some nurishment for a long afternoon of selling mortgages when i walked by a plump, italian man with a goatee who looked earily similiar to said neighbor. he was wearing a chef's uniform, complete with a hat. now, my neighbor is a chef who cooks for a different company in the area (this is like a catering company who prepares food for lots of big corporations and i think they rotate their employees). i thought....nah, it couldn't be joe. i slowly turned around and he was gone....was it my imagination? :? was my mind playing tricks on me during my hungover-bad-eagles-game state? :? either way he was gone. i texted my wife and she replied saying i am just paranoid. haha...silly me :lol: ...but man how awkward would that be if it were really him? phew. dodged a bullet there! :thumbup:

flash forward to today. 1:42 pm. your juggler is back in the cafeteria.....................and theeeeere he is. :o not even a second of suspense. he was right in the front talking with a co-worker. this was jovial joe. "hey jim!" that's all he said. like he definitely saw me on monday and wasn't surprised by running into his neighbor at work. i turned, acted surprised and said "joe? wow...do you work here now?" "yeah!" "oh, cool...well, welcome aboard man. guess i will be seeing you around here." ---and then i went off and got myself a sandwhich.

this fucking guy was set to be out of my life F-O-R-E-V-E-R. now, even after he ever sells his house, i will be forced to run into him at work...but to make matters worse, he will be making my fucking sandwich! the very awkwardness that i have felt for the last 6 years of me thinking that he thinks i am better than him because of our levels of employment will actually come to fruition on a daily basis when i tell him "joe--only a little bit of mayonnaise. not too much. just a little bit."

i keep thinking of "the doorman" episode of seinfeld where the doorman is constantly asking jerry "do you think you're better than me?" :lol:

god damn it.

(you're welcome for rambling)
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by The Juggler on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    So your name is jim?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,026
    well, you could always order your lunch like this, "now make my sandwich bitch!!!!"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    What is the income gap?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    that's super awkward. Don't get on his bad side- never know what he'll put in your sandwich :o
    Seriously, maybe he asked for the move- because he knew how you've felt about him.

And a Chef can make good money- depends on the contract and which company.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    Damn. Im in the process of buying a house now and am wondering if my neighbor is going annoy me so much that i will stay inside or circle the block just to avoid. I think if that is the case I'll just be such a dick that they work to avoid me.
    Good luck ...I would advise against being a dick if he makes your food though
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    if i were you (and heavens knows id like to kick you in the onions, u know 4 being u)i wouldn't eat a sandwich made by this guy, just never know, ya know?

the stress aint worth it IMO
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    :fp:

that story sounds like something from my cruel irony of a life
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    if i were you (and heavens knows id like to kick you in the onions, u know 4 being u)i wouldn't eat a sandwich made by this guy, just never know, ya know?

It pains me to say it, but I agree. :lol:

Having watched a coworker at McDonalds make a cheeseburger for an enemy, and starting by rubbing the meat patty on the sole of his shoe, I'd say... start bringing lunch from home, Mr. Sir The Juggler.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOkKnL9Pucf9jLOg_M1KPcFqPhWnH-gsYrjO80eFEfNrtZPhM
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    don't sign for any fedex packages
  • Options

Having watched a coworker at McDonalds make a cheeseburger for an enemy, and starting by rubbing the meat patty on the sole of his shoe, I'd say... start bringing lunch from home, Mr. Sir The Juggler.

I have a buddy that spat and threw his dip into a bunch of chicken on his last day at KFC.

:lol:

I haven't been to a KFC since I heard that :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    So your name is jim?

woops. i meant he said "hey juggler!"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    hope u like spit and snot on your sammies

better pack your lunch :lol::lol:

great story by the way :corn:

please keep us informed
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    What is the income gap?

much closer when i first moved here. now maybe three times what he makes (at least this year).
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

yeah i hear you. however it's a big open cafeteria and they make the food right in front of you so i would see it if he did something like that.

at the same time, that adds to awkwardness as i will be standing there making sure my neighbor makes my sandwich correctly. :roll: :lol:

this is a fucking seinfeld episode. i swear to god.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    What is the income gap?

much closer when i first moved here. now maybe three times what he makes (at least this year).

you hiring :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Damn. Im in the process of buying a house now and am wondering if my neighbor is going annoy me so much that i will stay inside or circle the block just to avoid. I think if that is the case I'll just be such a dick that they work to avoid me.

get yourself a single family house. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    What is the income gap?

you hiring :lol:

chefs....apparently :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    juggler wrote:
    i keep thinking of "the doorman" episode of seinfeld where the doorman is constantly asking jerry "do you think you're better than me?"
    norm wrote:
    don't sign for any fedex packages

:lol::lol::lol:
    #FHP
  • Options
    you think you're better than me, don't you?
    Seinfeld_Doorman_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

#fact

when we were looking, woman talked town house....i said nope.... :lol:

only downside is yard work.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    we were hoping the house would sell quickly and were thinking about possibly never having to have a conversation with them ever again (avoiding them when out in the back yard...driving an extra lap around the block when they were getting into their cars etc :lol: )

this is my favorite part...you and the misses are awesome
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    we were hoping the house would sell quickly and were thinking about possibly never having to have a conversation with them ever again (avoiding them when out in the back yard...driving an extra lap around the block when they were getting into their cars etc :lol: )

that's hardcore right there.

he doesn't notice your car doing a drive by? pretty sure i would notice :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

#fact

when we were looking, woman talked town house....i said nope.... :lol:

only downside is yard work.

i have a townhouse....AND yard work :o:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

that's hardcore right there.

he doesn't notice your car doing a drive by? pretty sure i would notice :lol:

he might. but we live on a culdesac so i'm not driving directly past the house. it's the street that our street intersects. they are always pre occupied with their kids too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    first rule in moving in to your new home don't talk to the neighbors other than hello and nice to meet you and most importantly put up a fence . great fences make great neighbors. also at least you don't have to see him at home once he moves out. good luck.
  • Options

he might. but we live on a culdesac so i'm not driving directly past the house. it's the street that our street intersects. they are always pre occupied with their kids too.

that makes a difference...

but we have a house, so we can open the garage, pull in, close the garage.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

but we have a house, so we can open the garage, pull in, close the garage.... :lol:

this, I am enjoying very much. we have only met neighbors from across the street, can't even see the house through the trees
  • Options
    foodboy wrote:
    first rule in moving in to your new home don't talk to the neighbors other than hello and nice to meet you and most importantly put up a fence . great fences make great neighbors. also at least you don't have to see him at home once he moves out. good luck.

a fence you say? :eh:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=128703&start=210
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

this, I am enjoying very much. we have only met neighbors from across the street, can't even see the house through the trees

we looked at a bunch of sfr's earlier this year but couldn't find a place we agreed completely on. then the neighbor put his place up for sale so we decided to stay here a little longer :mrgreen: ...... :x
    chinese-happy.jpg