Options

MY NEIGHBOR'S PREVIOUS JOB WAS TO MAKE ME SANDWICHES...and a guy i worked with killed his wife

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Saw this last night, didn't read it, probably shouldn't have. You sound like a 12 year old girl. Be a man and be nice to the guy and who gives a fuck if he is shoveling shit, making your sandwiches or selling mortgages. Everyone needs to make a living.

:corn: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i have had a tenuous, at best, relationship with my neighbor. some of my adventures with him have been documented in this thread about fence ettiqute:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=128703&start=210

long story short: i did a refinance for the guy shortly after i moved in. it was awkaward knowing all of his financial data. i was a little surprised he wanted me to do it because of that fact. it was more awkward when he shopped me around like crazy despite me essentially giving the loan away and hardly making any $ on it (my mom was the notary and she waved her fee too). then he questioned e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g at closing like he didn't trust us or something. i took offense to it but didn't say anything since i didn't want things to be weird between us. but it's been awkard ever since. i always felt like he had a chip on his shoulder against me too. he know i know how much he makes. he knows i probably make more than he does--plus i know all about their business. i don't know, we just don't get along (don't share the same interests too which didn't help). their kids are annoying. plus we swear the guy is bipolor. one day he is really jovial. the next he doesn't even acknowledge you if you say hello. we put up a fence partly so we don't have to converse with them. yada. yada. yada.

about 2 months ago mrs juggler and i were quite ecstatic when a "for sale" sign appeared on their front lawn. :o:D we were hoping the house would sell quickly and were thinking about possibly never having to have a conversation with them ever again (avoiding them when out in the back yard...driving an extra lap around the block when they were getting into their cars etc :lol: ).....house hasn't sold yet. getting to be the time of year where it may not sell till spring. but we are still optimistic.......

on monday i was purusing my company's cafeteria in hopes of stocking up on some nurishment for a long afternoon of selling mortgages when i walked by a plump, italian man with a goatee who looked earily similiar to said neighbor. he was wearing a chef's uniform, complete with a hat. now, my neighbor is a chef who cooks for a different company in the area (this is like a catering company who prepares food for lots of big corporations and i think they rotate their employees). i thought....nah, it couldn't be joe. i slowly turned around and he was gone....was it my imagination? :? was my mind playing tricks on me during my hungover-bad-eagles-game state? :? either way he was gone. i texted my wife and she replied saying i am just paranoid. haha...silly me :lol: ...but man how awkward would that be if it were really him? phew. dodged a bullet there! :thumbup:

flash forward to today. 1:42 pm. your juggler is back in the cafeteria.....................and theeeeere he is. :o not even a second of suspense. he was right in the front talking with a co-worker. this was jovial joe. "hey jim!" that's all he said. like he definitely saw me on monday and wasn't surprised by running into his neighbor at work. i turned, acted surprised and said "joe? wow...do you work here now?" "yeah!" "oh, cool...well, welcome aboard man. guess i will be seeing you around here." ---and then i went off and got myself a sandwhich.

this fucking guy was set to be out of my life F-O-R-E-V-E-R. now, even after he ever sells his house, i will be forced to run into him at work...but to make matters worse, i won't be running into him as one of my equals. he will be that guy who will be making my fucking sandwich! the very awkwardness that i have felt for the last 6 years of me thinking he thinks i am better than him because of our levels of employment will actually come to fruition on a daily basis when i tell him "joe--only a little bit of mayonaise. not too much. just a little bit."

i keep thinking of "the doorman" episode of seinfeld where the doorman is constantly asking jerry "do you think you're better than me?" :lol:

god damn it.

(you're welcome for rambling)

I think you're better off now than you were before. If he and his family were making you uncomfortable at your home, then that blows because awkwardness can occur at any moment of any day. Now you only have to see him at you lunch break.

That is, of course, until he poisons your food because you think you're such a hot shot and he's just a lowly sandwich maker.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Saw this last night, didn't read it, probably shouldn't have. You sound like a 12 year old girl. Be a man and be nice to the guy and who gives a fuck if he is shoveling shit, making your sandwiches or selling mortgages. Everyone needs to make a living.
    I agree, but I think he just hates his neighbor, had an out with the move and now the guy works in the same building. it would drive me fucking nuts.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I agree, but I think he just hates his neighbor, had an out with the move and now the guy works in the same building. it would drive me fucking nuts.

I hear you but damn, talking about salaries, now I have to see him but not as my equal but someone who makes my food. Just sounds petty. Dudes just trying to make a living and feed his family. You think he enjoys making his sandwiches. Shit he is probably saying now I have to make food for this asshole who thinks he's better than me.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he is a big shot :lol:

ordering a turkey sandwich :fp: :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you but damn, talking about salaries, now I have to see him but not as my equal but someone who makes my food. Just sounds petty. Dudes just trying to make a living and feed his family. You think he enjoys making his sandwiches. Shit he is probably saying now I have to make food for this asshole who thinks he's better than me.

cliffy i think you're taking this a little too seriously...think of jeags as our own little george costanza/larry david ;):lol::lol:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,622
    Ha alright. Just came off poorly when I read it. If I took it the wrong way then so be it. Jeags seems like a good dood, just seemed like a bit much
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    81 wrote:
    So your name is jim?

old news.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he is a big shot :lol:

ordering a turkey sandwich :fp: :lol::lol:
    with just a little bit of mayo :fp:

Juggler - I think you should buy jovial joe a swing set. It's the least you can do

:|
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    If you really want ot get him back send the sandwich back. :lol:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ha alright. Just came off poorly when I read it. If I took it the wrong way then so be it. Jeags seems like a good dood, just seemed like a bit much

The Jury's out :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    81 wrote:
    So your name is jim?

old news.

i had no idea. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

hell, i'd pay for the sandwich to hear that story
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

No doubt. :lol:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,654
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

And i'd pay you to actually eat that sammich. :P
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

And i'd pay you to actually eat that sammich. :P

a corned beef on rye would be killer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Depending on what dude does to it.... yea, it just might be. :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:

i think we need a group outing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    if i were you (and heavens knows id like to kick you in the onions, u know 4 being u)i wouldn't eat a sandwich made by this guy, just never know, ya know?

the stress aint worth it IMO

It pains me to say it, but I agree. :lol:

Having watched a coworker at McDonalds make a cheeseburger for an enemy, and starting by rubbing the meat patty on the sole of his shoe, I'd say... start bringing lunch from home, Mr. Sir The Juggler.

yeah i hear you. however it's a big open cafeteria and they make the food right in front of you so i would see it if he did something like that.

at the same time, that adds to awkwardness as i will be standing there making sure my neighbor makes my sandwich correctly. :roll: :lol:

this is a fucking seinfeld episode. i swear to god.

This thread has been as entertaining as a Seinfeld episode, this is great :corn:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:

i think we need a group outing.

next time I'm in Chicago....

so long as it's not at a deli. ;)
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    next time I'm in Chicago....

so long as it's not at a deli. ;)

we need to go to philly to witness this :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    How was lunch today juggler? :corn:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

cliffy i think you're taking this a little too seriously...think of jeags as our own little george costanza/larry david ;):lol::lol:

haha...yeah i'm the last guy that cares about that kind of stuff. the point is that the neighbor is the kind of guy who does...to go along with his overall sense of being a douche bag. hence the awkwardness i feel. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    DS1119 wrote:

well i have managed to eat out every day since he started. ;)

and as of right now, i have not run into him in the neighborhood...however i may or may not be putting up fucking christmas lights this afternoon. :x
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

well i have managed to eat out every day since he started. :lol:

and as of right now, i have not run into him in the neighborhood

I still say order and a sandwich and then send it back. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

or i could knock on his door after work and critique it.

maybe that's a bit too much?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

knock. knock...

hey man how's it going? listen, i don't mean to be a dick or anything, but when i say "just a little bit of mayo" i only want you to coat the bread very lightly. maybe you didn't hear me clearly or something and that's cool. but i always only like a little bit of of mayo. not too much. thanks.....

oh, and can you tell your kids to quit throwing shit into my yard? sometimes after they retrieve their ball or whatever, they leave the gate open and then i gotta worry about the dog getting loose...yada. yada. yada.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

knock. knock...

hey man how's it going? listen, i don't mean to be a dick or anything, but when i say "just a little bit of mayo" i only want you to coat the bread very lightly. maybe you didn't hear me clearly or something and that's cool. but i always only like a little bit of of mayo. not too much. thanks.....

oh, and can you tell your kids to quit throwing shit into my yard? sometimes after they retrieve their ball or whatever, they leave the gate open and then i gotta worry about the dog getting loose...yada. yada. yada.

Hold the mayo :ugeek: .................and put a lock on the gate to "protect" the kids ;)

You can flip their sh*t over the fence later :angel:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I think you should return the favour and have him over for an Eagles game and make him some sandwiches...sounds fair ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon