Eddie Vedder to perform at Concert For Sandy Relief

Comments

• jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    Loujoe wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    http://pearljam.com/news/0/1/21589/eddie_vedder_to_perform_solo_at_121212_concert_for_sandy_relief

Eddie Vedder To Perform Solo at 12.12.12 Concert For Sandy Relief
    November 27 2012

Eddie Vedder announces he will perform solo at the 12.12.12 Concert For Sandy Relief. Other artists performing this evening include Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Roger Waters, Kanye West, and The Who. This special one night only live music event will help provide assistance to the millions of people throughout the tri-state area who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy, "12.12.12" the Concert For Sandy Relief will occur on December 12, 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

MORE INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED AT http://WWW.121212concert.org IN THE COMING DAYS RELATED TO TICKETS AND VIP TICKET PACKAGES; ON-SALE INFORMATION; PARTNERS AND SPONSORS; AS WELL AS TELECAST INFORMATION.

Donate: http://www.robinhood.org/take-action/SandyRelief.aspx

What i really want to know is:

How, out of all the legendary artists listed on the bill, did Jon Bon Jovi manage to get top billing?
    :lol:

Don't love JBJ at all...but he is the New Jersey Shore...saw him at the now gone boardwalk filming "in and out of love" back in the 80's
    he also runs a cool NJ restaurant that helps the homeless...

much love for all he does even if i don't dig his music

Besides that, the list is alphabetical.
  • Will be fun! But at the same time to bad it's just Vedder and not more members of PJ or PJ proper.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10 wrote:
    aaaah what to do what to do. I'm assuming tickets will be really expensive. If tickets are less than $100 for nosebleeds i'm there.

Looks like tickets will be $150.-$2,500. Here is the Ticketmaster link below.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004 ... norcatid=1
  • iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    onemorshow wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    aaaah what to do what to do. I'm assuming tickets will be really expensive. If tickets are less than $100 for nosebleeds i'm there.

Looks like tickets will be $150.-$2,500. Here is the Ticketmaster link below.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004 ... norcatid=1

no longer up there..just wish they would give a full break down before on sale got a feeling they wont though i want to do know whats in the middle in that range and what price for what seats
  • Sure wish I could afford to go!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Does anyone have an idea od what Eddie will sing that night?
  • I am hoping they will be streaming the show - even pay per view would be awesome.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • grooveme wrote:
    Isn't that supposed to be the day the world ends? ;)

I guess I could do worse on my last day on earth...

Actually, it's 12/21/12 which is the winter solstice, which arguably can be considered the beginning of the year if you want to organize it seasonally. Though I don't have much evidence (as i didn't bother to research it) my theory is that they stopped on the winter solstice because they either bot bored/tired, ran out of room on the stone circle, or that is as far as they got by the time they were conquered.
  • I am hoping they will be streaming the show - even pay per view would be awesome.

I read somewhere -- on here? on the email from Chase or TM or MSG? -- that it will be on a bunch of channels -- NBC, CBS, Showtime, etc. The website says "Clear Channel Media and Entertainment, The Madison Square Garden Company and The Weinstein Company —the same group that produced and sponsored the historic 9/11 benefit “The Concert for New York City”— have come together once again to present "12.12.12" the Concert For Sandy Relief. "

The 9/11 concert was broadcast. The website also says broadcast info to follow. So those of us who cannot get tickets or who cannot afford tickets will be able to watch at home.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    I wonder if the Stones make a surprise appearance since they are in town? And totally unrelated to this, I wonder if Eddie will show up at one of the Stones gigs...
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Good on ya brother!
    Maybe We'll see you warm up with Uncle Neil in AC???
    If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one...
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Ticket prices range from $150-$2,500. That's a big range!
  • jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872
    I just saw a tv commercial that the 12/12/12 concert will be televised live at 7:30 on IFC (Independent Film Channel). They ran through quite a few of the performers (Including Vedder) during the promo.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Suziemay wrote:

I guess I'm shooting for seats in the nosebleed section!
  • Suziemay wrote:

I guess I'm shooting for seats in the nosebleed section!

If I were able to go, I would do the same thing! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I'd bus home for this in a hot second!! Too bad I have an 8AM final the next day preventing me from doing so :( But can't wait to watch the stream online! So awesome that Eddie is a part of such a massive lineup for a great cause! Hoping for some sweet collaborations! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Oh so close... I'll be in NYC 2 weeks later for 3 My Morning Jacket shows. Oh well.
    Never has gravity been so uplifting.
  • Is it just me, or ticketmaster's website is down?
    I don't wanna think, I wanna feel
  • It's not down, but Chase tickets seem to have sold instantly -- nothing at any price level.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    It's not down, but Chase tickets seem to have sold instantly -- nothing at any price level.
    Pulled one in 104, one in 103, nothing since. Those tix were $500.
  • Well, not quite true -- I found single tickets in 200 level, but I don't want to go alone.
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ Posts: 1,080
    I cannot get any tickets!!!!! :'(
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, Las Vegas 1 & 2
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited December 2012
    I cannot get any tickets!!!!! :'(

If this place (F5) has taught you anything, keep trying. I got tickets like 45 minutes after the Chase thing started, and by that point, I was pulling pairs, throwing them back and getting others until I got ones I liked.

Floor is $2,500 EDITED this. Got it wrong before

100 section is $750
    200 section is $500 (only pulled OBSTRUCTED VIEW/EXTREME SIDE! - yes with caps and ! for this price)

There's also $250 and $150 price levels, but not sure where those are. Haven't pulled any of those, yet. Not sure if the Chase pre-sale had any of those.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Suziemay wrote:
    It's not down, but Chase tickets seem to have sold instantly -- nothing at any price level.

Are you sure? I saw Section 101 (which is the same as 103) for $750. I think 200's were $500 (unless it's the difference in row number within the section.
    No luck on these tickets for me. Anyone else get any in the public onsale that weren't 2,500?
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited December 2012
    No luck on these tickets for me. Anyone else get any in the public onsale that weren't 2,500?

Yes, just pulled 2 for section 115 (side stage) for $500 each. Looks like "obstructed view" and 200's are the $500.

EDIT: Your best bet is to go for best available and hope the lower priced ones show up. I have had no luck when I've picked a price range or a section.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Suziemay wrote:

Are you sure? I saw Section 101 (which is the same as 103) for $750. I think 200's were $500 (unless it's the difference in row number within the section.
    104 and 103 in the higher rows are $500, lower rows $750. 105 and 106 were $750 in the higher rows, and I pulled a single in row 1 106 for $2,500. No thank you! But would have been sweet :D

Back of the floor is $750. Floor A-F were $2,500. I probably would have priced something in between, but that's just me.

Yes, just pulled 2 for section 115 (side stage) for $500 each. Looks like "obstructed view" and 200's are the $500.

Good for you. I am not having much luck. Oh well. Save some cash I guess. If anyone has any extras, please let me know.
    Looks like there are plenty of $500 tickets in the 200 section. Someone talk me in to pay for those.
  • Looks like there are plenty of $500 tickets in the 200 section. Someone talk me in to pay for those.

If you wanted to/were going to give money to Sandy victims, here's your chance to get a little entertainment for your trouble. Every dollar is going to Sandy relief, and it's a reputable charity. $500 might be more than you were planning, but think of it as giving $250 and buying a $250 ticket to see The Who, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, et. al.