Options

Election Night Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Newch91 wrote:
    Why does CNN have different numbers than NBC?

Just projections. Some are more confident in their polls/projections coming in than others. Basically, they will call states like Mississippi, Alabama, New York without any real votes.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Just wanted to pop in to say that the Senate races are incredibly interesting. Congrats to Warren and Sanders. Will be watching the Kaine-Allen race closely. Kaine is gaining ground by polls. Also rooting for Tester in MT.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bill Maher ‏@billmaher
    Bad night for rich idiots. I just wish Conneticut had more elective offices for Linda McMahon to not win.

She may run for Congress or governor of the state. How much will throw in for those?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RFTC wrote:
    florida nor Virginia will matter as long as OH, WI, MI, PA go Obama. At that point you got the toss up of IA, and NV which Obama has a lead in...

If VA or FL go Obama. Game, set, match

dude if va or fl go Obama its 2008 all over again, as in demolition time. obama can lose both and still win handily by 7-14 EV's. check out, http://www.270towin.com/

Oh, no doubt.

Does Nate Silver actually win this election? :lol:
  • Options
    Also Angus King in Maine is interesting. Elected as an independent, one has to think that he will caucus Dem, but he hasn't said as of yet.

McCaskill should defeat Akin in Missouri as well, if it hasn't been called already. I'm on Politico who seems to be a little behind.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Also Angus King in Maine is interesting. Elected as an independent, one has to think that he will caucus Dem, but he hasn't said as of yet.

McCaskill should defeat Akin in Missouri as well, if it hasn't been called already. I'm on Politico who seems to be a little behind.

akin lost ... called already
  • Options
    MA legalizes medical marijuana in some form.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

akin lost ... called already
    Good. I thought I was a little behind. Thanks for the clarification.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Good. Very good news... a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Good. Very good news... a step in the right direction.

Looking like Colorado may too.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    EZ1221C wrote:

plus his name is Angus, has to be the first guy named Angus to win national office..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    "The Rape guy lost"
    "Which one?"

Your party has serious issues if people have to ask "Which one?"

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    warren is waiting for scott brown to give a concession speech so she can give her speech. that was called an hour ago, so what is the hold up?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    "The Rape guy lost"
    "Which one?"

Your party has serious issues if people have to ask "Which one?"

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Also, here's to hoping Colorado/Washington/Oregon legalizes it and Maine/Maryland/Washington legalizes gay marriage
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... the right have dominated the ad airwaves on cnn ...
  • Options
    Colorado has some sort of Medical MJ already... I used to get shipments in. :shh:
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Also, here's to hoping Colorado/Washington/Oregon legalizes it and Maine/Maryland/Washington legalizes gay marriage

I voted to legalize gay marriage in MD. Why should straight couples be the only misserable ones in MD? :lol:
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Colorado has some sort of Medical MJ already... I used to get shipments in. :shh:

Ha, yeah, but there has been some serious crackdown recently and it is on the ballot for good.

Fuck, I really need to start smoking regularly again.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    akin concession speech on now.

i gotta go watch.

this should be interesting...

see you guys in a bit :D
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha, yeah, but there has been some serious crackdown recently and it is on the ballot for good.

Fuck, I really need to start smoking regularly again.

I see... good.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It looks like Romney is gaining in Florida, only 16k down now, but I'm assuming that means the one red area that was left reported their votes. 9% left to report.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    It looks like Romney is gaining in Florida, only 16k down now, but I'm assuming that means the one red area that was left reported their votes. 9% left to report.

Looks like it's still Obama's area that hasn't reported. This shit seems to be over.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Looks like it's still Obama's area that hasn't reported. This shit seems to be over.

Yeah, most people on the air seem to be hinting at that, but I don't think they want another 2000 so they're being cautious.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, most people on the air seem to be hinting at that, but I don't think they want another 2000 so they're being cautious.

Oh, no doubt. What a disaster that would be
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    so.who won??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Intrade at 90% for Obama in Florida as we speak. 30% an hour ago
  • Options
    so.who won??
    Nothing yet. Too close.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    so.who won??
    Nothing yet. Too close.

If the projections are correct, it isn't close at all. Shit could still break Romney, but it is looking really really bad. VA and FL both seem to look good for Obama, which would give Romeny no shot.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    I was sort of kidding about you guys being my TV tonight but now I'm serious. I have a digital converter and the last channel just gave out- FOX. Not that I was getting the best news there anyway. So thanks for updates here. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.