Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,798
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PA!

Who?

Pennsylvania went Obama. My vote counted ;)

Was it a THAT close? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Add another Kennedy to Congress.

Oh boy :lol:

Proof that people are stupid.

I don't know if I want to see another Kennedy... I don't think so.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,189
    it's nice to see everyone on here interacting and keeping it civil. :D

i love nights like this, the excitement as the results come rolling in... there is nothing like in in american politics.

no matter what happens tonight, let's just keep in mind that we are all americans and after tonight we need to work together because working apart just isn't working....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,623
    edited November 2012

i love nights like this, the excitement as the results come rolling in... there is nothing like in in american politics.

no matter what happens tonight, let's just keep in mind that we are all americans and after tonight we need to work together because working apart just isn't working....

Yeah, man. I love this. Democracy is awesome.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    Newch91 wrote:
    Add another Kennedy to Congress.

Oh boy :lol:

Proof that people are stupid.

Woot!
    n_most_mtv25_060801300w.jpg
  • Options

no matter what happnens tonight, let's just keep in mind that we are all americans and after tonight we need to work together because working apart just isn't working....

Glad you could join the party! Long day on the job, huh? :lol:

Good thoughts there!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Smoke break... keep me posted. :lol:
  • Options
    Reports that Obama takes NH
  • Options
    Ran out of ballots? What the fuck? Again?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

:thumbup:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Florida is going to be another fucking recount. Hopefully it is irrelevant

better crack another beer ... :lol:

I'm Florida WTF....wine is flowing...glad I am off tomorrow..... I am surprised this is so close
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723

i endorse this post and good to see/read Gimme on the AMT, i think we've both been busy w/work? :fp: :fp: :fp:
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options

I don't think I could handle that tonight. :lol:

Oh, you mean Marlboro, right? :lol:

• Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    edited November 2012

Well said.

Personally, I am happy to see my (usually red) state did not choose Mourdock.
    Post edited by hgpjam11 on
    I win.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:

I don't think I could handle that tonight. :lol:

Oh, you mean Marlboro, right? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah... Camel's.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    CBS has Nevada going for the President.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Florida :o
  • Options

That surprises me. Our neighboring state seems very conservative. Maybe it the ubiquitous monster trucks that give the impression.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What happened?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:

i endorse this post and good to see/read Gimme on the AMT, i think we've both been busy w/work? :fp: :fp: :fp:
    yeah we switched to electronic medical records at work several weeks ago. i do not really have much leisure time to spend on the board during the day anymore, which sucks. i actually feel like a workin' schlep now... :fp: good to see you back too.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

C'mon, man. You guys are my TV tonight. More info, please! :lol:

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    brianlux wrote:

That surprises me. Our neighboring state seems very conservative. Maybe it the ubiquitous monster trucks that give the impression.

talking about the latino vote there ...
  • Options
    thanks Brianlux. EVERYBODY—KEEP FOCUS! REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME—WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER DAMMIT!
  • Options
    cbs just called the "great state of missouri" senate race for mccaskill over akin in a landslide...

• Options
    cbs just called the "great state of missouri" senate race for mccaskill over akin in a landslide...
    It was a legitimate victory by McCaskill.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ah, I'm sorry. Just so close. 50k or so difference with about 10% left. Miami-Dade county with a lot of the vote left.
  • Options
    do we dare say that big outside and pac money is not buying many elections tonight? sherrod brown faced the most outside money of any campaign and he pulled out that election in ohio...

and as i'm typing this, cbs just called my state, Misery, went romney. no surprise there.

• Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    NPR called Utah for Romney. No surprise there.
    I win.
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The president is ahead. By about 18,000 votes with 85% of the vote in.

At this point, it's a foregone conclusion that the president has won the election but the cherry on top is that Elizbeth Warren won, Todd Aiken lost... All the old white men who said "rape isn't that big a deal" have lost.

And it's looking good for Marriage Equality in Maine and Maryland.
  • Options
    do we dare say that big outside and pac money is not buying many elections tonight? sherrod brown faced the most outside money of any campaign and he pulled out that election in ohio...

and as i'm typing this, cbs just called my state, Misery, went romney. no surprise there.
    Linda McMahon spent close to $100 million of her own. Money sure can't buy everything. After this election, I hope campaign finance reform happens.