St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Florida :o

C'mon, man. You guys are my TV tonight. More info, please! :lol:

Ah, I'm sorry. Just so close. 50k or so difference with about 10% left. Miami-Dade county with a lot of the vote left.

Seems like most people are ready to call it for Obama, since Miami-Dade is strong for him. I don't think anybody has yet, a little too close and they don't want to look like dipshits.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    for all you history buffs out there, in modern electoral history, has a STATE ever gotten close to electing a third party candidate for president? Like within a few percentage points? Even though I obviously know how much a hold the 2 party system has on our country, it seems surprising no state has ever voted for a third party candidate overwhelmingly.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    brianlux wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Florida :o

C'mon, man. You guys are my TV tonight. More info, please! :lol:

The president is ahead. By about 18,000 votes with 85% of the vote in.

At this point, it's a foregone conclusion that the president has won the election but the cherry on top is that Elizbeth Warren won, Todd Aiken lost... All the old white men who said "rape isn't that big a deal" have lost.

And it's looking good for Marriage Equality in Maine and Maryland.

Thanks! :thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    do we dare say that big outside and pac money is not buying many elections tonight? sherrod brown faced the most outside money of any campaign and he pulled out that election in ohio...

and as i'm typing this, cbs just called my state, Misery, went romney. no surprise there.
    Linda McMahon spent close to $100 million of her own. Money sure can't buy everything. After this election, I hope campaign finance reform happens.

next week on RAW, Vince calls Linda into the ring............YOU'RE FIRED!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    i'd love to see some surprise, like some west coast state voting for one of the 2 candidates, and then number 2 being some third party candidate, or better yet, a write in candidate
  • Options
    i'd love to see some surprise, like some west coast state voting for one of the 2 candidates, and then number 2 being some third party candidate, or better yet, a write in candidate

Probably some day but I'm guessing that's a ways off.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    Newch91 wrote:
    do we dare say that big outside and pac money is not buying many elections tonight? sherrod brown faced the most outside money of any campaign and he pulled out that election in ohio...

and as i'm typing this, cbs just called my state, Misery, went romney. no surprise there.
    Linda McMahon spent close to $100 million of her own. Money sure can't buy everything. After this election, I hope campaign finance reform happens.
    i do too. the stuff that was put on the air this election cycle was awful. campaign finance reform should be in the top 3 things the next president should consider.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :fp: :fp:

@thinkprogress
    Greta Van Susteren consulting Sarah Palin on how to reach bi-partisan compromise

:fp: :fp:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625

I know how you feel, I just don't see.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

i think vermont wold be the first state to do something like this
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    This looks over, have a great night everyone. I know I will. :D
  • Options
    next week on RAW, Vince calls Linda into the ring............YOU'RE FIRED!
    :lol:

but didn't trump trademark that last year??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Castellanos seems to be conceding
  • Options

Seems like most people are ready to call it for Obama, since Miami-Dade is strong for him. I don't think anybody has yet, a little too close and they don't want to look like dipshits.

What am I missing here? Just tuned into CBS for a few minutes and they show Romney ahead in the EC by 16.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:

What am I missing here? Just tuned into CBS for a few minutes and they show Romney ahead in the EC by 16.

Yeah... but a lot of states aren't done reporting yet... or haven't reported at all. It's early. Florida is really close right now.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

looks like it'll be up to florida ...
  • Options
    One of the many Waterbury elementary schools ran out of ballots today, got some more...and they were the wrong ballots! :fp: :fp:

Waterbury. :fp:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    One of the many Waterbury elementary schools ran out of ballots today, got some more...and they were the wrong ballots! :fp: :fp:

Waterbury. :fp:

Unacceptable
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

looks like it'll be up to florida ...

Florida will give it to Obama but not win it for Romney.
  • Options
    those green bars remind me of my computer at work ... :lol:
  • Options
    Obama camp is getting confident on VA too.
  • Options
    bob schieffer has moved a lot of states into "favoring obama" column and that "if current trends continue obama will win those states. if that happens and florida goes for obama, the election is over"..

he also said that people in the romney campaign are publicly stating that they are "having a bad night".

• Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    brianlux wrote:

Yeah... but a lot of states aren't done reporting yet... or haven't reported at all. It's early. Florida is really close right now.

florida nor Virginia will matter as long as OH, WI, MI, PA go Obama. At that point you got the toss up of IA, and NV which Obama has a lead in...
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    Tomorrow I'm going to check in here and try to help the ones splat on the the floor—to rise.
    Right now, it's 162 to 163. that means Brianlux's vote has yet to count. He's one of us. Will you help brianlux rise with me—if his hopes are dashed? I know one thing: if the table was turned, Brianlux would help the other side.
    This is at the heart of this thread; it's not about %'s here or there, it's about supporting each other—regardless.
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    florida nor Virginia will matter as long as OH, WI, MI, PA go Obama. At that point you got the toss up of IA, and NV which Obama has a lead in...

If VA or FL go Obama. Game, set, match
  • Options
    Why does CNN have different numbers than NBC?
  • Options
    so far the dems have picked up 4 seats in the senate. they have 57 now. maybe they can get a filibuster-proof majority...

• Options
    dancepartnerdancepartner Posts: 324
    edited November 2012
    Newch91; Seriously? Polls and stations have feeding hands. Why does it suprise you there would be skewed facts?
    Post edited by dancepartner on
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RFTC wrote:

If VA or FL go Obama. Game, set, match

dude if va or fl go Obama its 2008 all over again, as in demolition time. obama can lose both and still win handily by 7-14 EV's. check out, http://www.270towin.com/
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018