• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:
    "The Rape guy lost"
    "Which one?"

Your party has serious issues if people have to ask "Which one?"

:lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: I just spit out my drink! :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    "The Rape guy lost"
    "Which one?"

• Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Also, here's to hoping Colorado/Washington/Oregon legalizes it and Maine/Maryland/Washington legalizes gay marriage

I voted to legalize gay marriage in MD. Why should straight couples be the only misserable ones in MD? :lol:
    Ha. funny!
  • Options
    :shock: :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mich ... 24476.html

Michigan man dies, is revived at poll—and makes sure he voted

During early voting in Southfield Township in Michigan on Monday, even a near-death experience couldn't keep one elderly voter away from the polls.

Ty Houston was filling out his absentee ballot at the township offices when an elderly woman near him started screaming.

"I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table," Houston, 48, told the Detroit News on Tuesday. "His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn't respond. She screamed for help, and I went over to see what I could do."

A registered home-care nurse, Houston responded immediately, moving the victim to the floor and assessing the situation. "He was dead," Houston said. "He had no heartbeat, and he wasn't breathing."

He started performing CPR, and a few minutes later the man started breathing again. He had a tracheotomy tube in his throat, but could speak."He knew his name and his wife's name," Houston said.

But the victim's first question after his near-death experience took everyone by surprise. "Did I vote?" he asked astonished onlookers.The man's wife tried to reassure him that it wasn't important, but Houston says the man responded that only two things were important: "That I love you and that I finished what I came here to do—vote."

They checked. He had.

EMS arrived on the scene and took the couple to William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, the Detroit News reported. Though the county clerk, Sharon Tischler, confirmed the event, neither she nor Houston knew the name of the victim or his wife.

Houston said he's glad he decided to vote when he did. "It was God's divine word that I be there," he said. "Originally, I was just going to skip the ballot and just go to lunch that day."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    I was sort of kidding about you guys being my TV tonight but now I'm serious. I have a digital converter and the last channel just gave out- FOX. Not that I was getting the best news there anyway. So thanks for updates here. :D

You are in the sticks!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    "The Rape guy lost"
    "Which one?"

:lol:
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    I was sort of kidding about you guys being my TV tonight but now I'm serious. I have a digital converter and the last channel just gave out- FOX. Not that I was getting the best news there anyway. So thanks for updates here. :D

Okay. I already said — you really are in the sticks!
    Now, I see that was posted? Dammit! Ps. Frangelica is very good tonight!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    brianlux wrote:

Okay. I already said — you really are in the sticks!
    Now, I see that was posted? Dammit! Ps. Frangelica is very good tonight!

You are in the sticks![/quote]

Somewhat. It's mostly due to the ridge that CA Hwy 49 runs along that's in the way. I'm waiting for them to bulldoze it so I can watch all that great day-time TV. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    And Romney needs to pretty much win out
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    :shock: :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mich ... 24476.html

Michigan man dies, is revived at poll—and makes sure he voted

During early voting in Southfield Township in Michigan on Monday, even a near-death experience couldn't keep one elderly voter away from the polls.

Ty Houston was filling out his absentee ballot at the township offices when an elderly woman near him started screaming.

"I was filling out the form as were an elderly couple sitting at a nearby table," Houston, 48, told the Detroit News on Tuesday. "His wife, who was helping him fill out the ballot, asked him a couple of questions but he didn't respond. She screamed for help, and I went over to see what I could do."

A registered home-care nurse, Houston responded immediately, moving the victim to the floor and assessing the situation. "He was dead," Houston said. "He had no heartbeat, and he wasn't breathing."

He started performing CPR, and a few minutes later the man started breathing again. He had a tracheotomy tube in his throat, but could speak."He knew his name and his wife's name," Houston said.

But the victim's first question after his near-death experience took everyone by surprise. "Did I vote?" he asked astonished onlookers.The man's wife tried to reassure him that it wasn't important, but Houston says the man responded that only two things were important: "That I love you and that I finished what I came here to do—vote."

They checked. He had.

EMS arrived on the scene and took the couple to William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, the Detroit News reported. Though the county clerk, Sharon Tischler, confirmed the event, neither she nor Houston knew the name of the victim or his wife.

Houston said he's glad he decided to vote when he did. "It was God's divine word that I be there," he said. "Originally, I was just going to skip the ballot and just go to lunch that day."

Heard about this story earlier. How incredible? Is the dude okay?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    it's over folks. this has been one of the most uninspired elections i can remember. romney had no shot. with all the issues this country is facing and an unemployment rate teetering on 8%, for the republicans not to be able to capitalize on this, it has to tell them something. simply put, this country is devoid of leaders.

given what i do for a living (mortgages), my main issue was housing (which was unbelievably barely mentioned during this 2 year, never ending, election process). HARP and the hope for HARP 3 was why i went against my normal intuition and voted for the incumbent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Colorado going to Obama according to The Denver Post
  • Options
    "Don't ask me about plan F"

• Options
    "Don't ask me about plan F"

Ha, yep. Not a lot of pundits on CNN yet
  • Options
    Looks like marriage equality in Maine is a go
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    wow akin speech was a little heavy on the jesus talk. he did appear to be gracious in defeat. mccaskill speech has a super enthusiastic crowd. people are fired up here in st louis.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    What's happn'in? I have zero reception. :(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :clap:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    :fp:

just kidding!!!

great job maine voters!

:)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Love to see this. Good on you Maine.

Also, might be a little behind but CNN just called the VA senate race for Kaine.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    Maryland is neck in neck though in terms of marriage equality. GET IT DONE
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Castellanos seems to be conceding

he has looked to be on the verge of tears for the last hour and a half. :lol:

i've always liked this guy though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Castellanos and Borger gave up
  • Options
    Obama projected to win Iowa.
  • Options
    wow akin speech was a little heavy on the jesus talk. he did appear to be gracious in defeat. mccaskill speech has a super enthusiastic crowd. people are fired up here in st louis.

are you trying to say jesus christ can't hit a curve ball?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    brianlux wrote:
    What's happn'in? I have zero reception. :(

looks like an obama re-election ... could be a landslide if romney loses both fl and oh
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Castellanos seems to be conceding

he has looked to be on the verge of tears for the last hour and a half. :lol:

i've always liked this guy though.

Ha, yeah, I fucking despise Ari Fliescher, but Castellanos seems like the most reasonable Republican pundit there is.
  • Options
    CNN projects New Mexico for Obama.
  • Options
    Tammy Baldwin wins the open senate seat here in WI