Astorians with tickets

Comments

• ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Keithos wrote:
    Well... I met one of my ex-girlfriends off the internet - ended up getting a house together for a couple of years! Todays world is a strange world we live in...

Yeah, I know you're right, but there is a bit of stigma attatched to it still in our modern day society, if I'm honest I think its more a fact of that both me and my girlfriend can be quite insular at times.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Chumfatty wrote:
    where we idolise some long haired bearded guy with controversial ideals.........................errr hang on!

Haha - very good =)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Well in any case, it's nice to meet new people who have similar interests. Nice to put faces to names etc :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Yeah, I know you're right, but there is a bit of stigma attatched to it still in our modern day society, if I'm honest I think its more a fact of that both me and my girlfriend can be quite insular at times.

Well it's understandable... the internet lacks identity and physicality- anything we know about judging people and their motives is completely lost! Yes, there are a lot of psychos out there, but you're just as likely to find them on a night bus as on a Pearl Jam forum =P
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chumfatty wrote:

If it was the Gary Glitter forum or something id be concerned about who i was meeting but PJ fans are just :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Keithos wrote:
    Well... I met one of my ex-girlfriends off the internet - ended up getting a house together for a couple of years! Todays world is a strange world we live in...

Strange as it is... I haven't had luck with that... the creatures I've met here... it just makes me want to try a whole other country! :)
    If it was the Gary Glitter forum or something id be concerned about who i was meeting but PJ fans are just :cool:

Here here!!! ;)
    einatshaul wrote:
    Strange as it is... I haven't had luck with that... the creatures I've met here... it just makes me want to try a whole other country! :)

Well I guess you have a good opportunity next week then ;)

Haha. I guess you got odd people everywhere though to be honest. Some right weirdo's where I live ;)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Keithos wrote:

oooh you smoothie (see what i mean about weirdos on t'internet ;) )

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

• londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    the three pj concerts I've seen all had amazing people in the crowd (pj crowds and wildhearts crowds are the best).
    Keithos wrote:

Yeah... not comming back after 5 days sounds wonderful to me...
    Chumfatty wrote:

Haha! Just a little bit of that London charm!!! I did mean it in an innocent way... honest!
    Chumfatty wrote:

Ahaha. Well you gotta take these chances when you get them :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Some right weirdo's where I live ;)

yeah me too... i mean some of them dont even have pink fluffy handbags never mind taking the opportunity to dance around them ... some people eh? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Keithos wrote:
    Haha! Just a little bit of that London charm!!! I did mean it in an innocent way... honest!
    lol
    see! London charm... that's really missed here in Israel...
    yeah me too... i mean some of them dont even have pink fluffy handbags never mind taking the opportunity to dance around them ... some people eh? ;)

See... that's the thing... in London you'll find a lot of pink fluffy man-bags!

That's really weird, not having a pink fluffy handbag to dance around. I mean it's an important thing to have :p

*guards handbag closely*

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Keithos wrote:
    See... that's the thing... in London you'll find a lot of pink fluffy man-bags!

oh i bet you do... up here its called a "ballbag" :)

I thought Lonodn charm went like this:-

Me: A pint of lager please
    Barman: £9.50 Jocko!
    Me: Thats expensive
    Barman: Fuck off then!

hopefully this was just a one-off ;)
    That's really weird, not having a pink fluffy handbag to dance around. I mean it's an important thing to have :p

*guards handbag closely*

Your gonna have to show us all that hand bag dance when we meet! I just cant picture it no matter how hard I try... and this is what I've been doing for the past three days... :)
    oh i bet you do... up here its called a "ballbag" :)

hopefully this was just a one-off ;)

£9.50??? You're living in the 90's man... it's at least £12.90 a pint nowadays!!!

£9.50?!!! oh man... there goes my years salary... and my planned trip to NY...
    Keithos wrote:
    £9.50??? You're living in the 90's man... it's at least £12.90 a pint nowadays!!!

oh thats cool... didnt want to get ripped off or anything... phew!!
    :)
    I'm visiting my parents today... they're now very drunk - my dad is opening really old bottles of wine... I know some of you have expressed a love for the red - just had a couple of glasses of 1979 Chateau Nuf De Pap - AMAZING! Wish I could have emailed everyone a glass ;)
    Well, I will be at the George about 4-5 ish then, but with cast iron pants just incase of penetrating london charm.

Going to watch MotD now, to see Villa finally giving me something to cheer about (football wise that is)

Speak later. :)

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

that's next for technology! :)
    Keithos wrote:
    Wish I could have emailed everyone a glass ;)

see!!!! i said e-wine was the future... i just dont have the technical know-how... or wine... or a computer.... just this TV thing in front of me that lets me type stuff :confused:

thanks to Einat for the SNL clips... Jesus looks great these days huh?

thanks to Einat for the SNL clips... Jesus looks great these days huh?

Hahahaha!!
    That's just what I was thinkin' when I first saw it! Resurrection!
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Well, I will be at the George about 4-5 ish then, but with cast iron pants just incase of penetrating london charm.

Going to watch MotD now, to see Villa finally giving me something to cheer about (football wise that is)

Speak later. :)

Yes Villa gave me something to cheer about as well, speaking as a Pompey fan here :D

Yes I like the idea of e-wine. A new revolution I think.

Rockin' out to Creadles
    see!!!! i said e-wine was the future... i just dont have the technical know-how... or wine...
    Don't know if you caught the thread earlier- some of us are bringing our favorite bottles of red to share in the Astoria queue... plenty of wine to go round for everyone :)