Astorians with tickets

Comments

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Byrnzie wrote:
    In the words of HST "Todays pig is tomorrows bacon!" George Bush beware!

Very good! Always nice to meet a fellow HST appreciator!!! My favorite has always been:

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    Very good! Always nice to meet a fellow HST appreciator!!! My favorite has always been:

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

He he. Have you read that piece in Kingdom of fear entitled 'Jesus hated bald pussy'? It's a scathing attack on Bush and his ilk and is HST back to his scathing, hilarious best.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    He he. Have you read that piece in Kingdom of fear entitled 'Jesus hated bald pussy'? It's a scathing attack on Bush and his ilk and is HST back to his scathing, hilarious best.

Yep! Kingdom of fear is very good... Started reading Hey Rube, but kind of lost interest - but it was a collection of his American sports journalism. Not my my favorite subject to say the least!
    Here's a few more from the great man:

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."

"Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether."
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Here's a few more from the great man:

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."

"Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether."

Thompson should be required reading in schools... I'd love to see 'whore-hounds' and 'egg-sucking dogs' common in the english vocabulary! Another favorite of mine (which I'll have to paraphrase as I can't remember the exact quote) was - "Her father had a nice house. We spend the summer by the pool, fucking like Sea Weasels on the diving board..."
    Keithos wrote:
    Thompson should be required reading in schools... I'd love to see 'whore-hounds' and 'egg-sucking dogs' common in the english vocabulary! Another favorite of mine (which I'll have to paraphrase as I can't remember the exact quote) was - "Her father had a nice house. We spend the summer by the pool, fucking like Sea Weasels on the diving board..."

Brilliant! : )
    Feeling pretty drunk already... my parents are alcoholics- there are 5 of us here for easter and we've already gone through 11 bottles of wine!!! Now I know where I get it from...
    Keithos wrote:
    Feeling pretty drunk already... my parents are alcoholics- there are 5 of us here for easter and we've already gone through 11 bottles of wine!!! Now I know where I get it from...

Believe it or not, I've just had my first drink of the weekend. I've been too well behaved. Should be going out soon though - just waiting for a call. I was starting to get cabin fever. I'm gonna get through a 4 pack of Carlsberg exports and then hit the pub. Can't be too nice to my liver and give it a false sense of security.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Believe it or not, I've just had my first drink of the weekend. I've been too well behaved. Should be going out soon though - just waiting for a call. I was starting to get cabin fever. I'm gonna get through a 4 pack of Carlsberg exports and then hit the pub. Can't be too nice to my liver and give it a false sense of security.

Nice work... You should aim at getting that liver like pate by the morning!
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I think I'll be laying off the booze until Weds. Been pretty much plastered each night this week :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I think I'll be laying off the booze until Weds. Been pretty much plastered each night this week :D

Now that's what I like to hear ;)
    Well it helps to pass the time I find :D I think I'm becoming addicted to the stuff mind :) Weds is only 3 days away though ;):D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Well it helps to pass the time I find :D I think I'm becoming addicted to the stuff mind :) Weds is only 3 days away though ;):D

Yep - Almost there!!! So are you coming out for drinks on weds night?
    Not sure what's happening on Weds night. I think me and my mate were planning to stay in with cake, wine and PJ!! :D However this isn't set in stone I don't think. Just waiting to see what everyone else is doing. I'm up for meeting people on Weds though :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Not sure what's happening on Weds night. I think me and my mate were planning to stay in with cake, wine and PJ!! :D However this isn't set in stone I don't think. Just waiting to see what everyone else is doing. I'm up for meeting people on Weds though :)

Well I'm gonna try and arrange something... a few people want to go out somewhere... I'm keen on making this thing more than a one night experience!
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I'm up for Wed. drinks! of course! it's my holiday! and I'm going to see PJ! and I'm going to London! and my X is trying to get back with me and it doesn't bother me anymore!!! :)
    That's how happy I am today!
    Oh dear, ex's are never a good thing, well in my opinion anyway. Lots of hassle ;)

Where are you guys staying?

Rockin' out to Creadles
    einatshaul wrote:
    I'm up for Wed. drinks! of course! it's my holiday! and I'm going to see PJ! and I'm going to London! and my X is trying to get back with me and it doesn't bother me anymore!!! :)
    That's how happy I am today!

That's good to hear! x's can be a nightmare!!! You're arriving tuesday right? I might be drinking in central London tuesday too - so let me know if you want to join us!
    Oh dear, ex's are never a good thing, well in my opinion anyway. Lots of hassle ;)

Where are you guys staying?

Real hassle! but it's over and gone... Eddie awaits me! :)

We're staying at the Oxford street YHA hostel, right were the action will be! starting off at this hour - after tommorow!
    Keithos wrote:
    That's good to hear! x's can be a nightmare!!! You're arriving tuesday right? I might be drinking in central London tuesday too - so let me know if you want to join us!

Would Soho count as central London? *asks with a shy goofy smile*
    anyway, we'll just be arriving from our flight and would be out looking for a place to drown our happyness and hunger!
    einatshaul wrote:
    Would Soho count as central London? *asks with a shy goofy smile*
    anyway, we'll just be arriving from our flight and would be out looking for a place to drown our happyness and hunger!

Yep - Soho is very central! Lots of places for happy drinks and tasty food :)
    and with regards to earlier discussions - wine is great, but it really makes you tired, I think so at least. It'll be spirits for me and taken very lightly, since I don't really need more than a PJ concert to get me in the rockin' mood!
    Hehe Eddie and Stone await me ;):D

It's gonna be so cool to actually meet you guys. I mean proper PJ fans. They are pretty rare where I live :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Keithos wrote:
    Yep - Soho is very central! Lots of places for happy drinks and tasty food :)

Great! then Soho - it shall be.
    Reminds me of blur songs... oh well...
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Hello all again, sorry finding it hard to keep up to date with this thread, what with having to work this weekend, so excuse me if I'm a little off the ball...

Just watched the SNL clip, my god Severed Hand is awesome, so far I have heard Comatose, WWS and this one and they are all fantastic. I gave in and managed to "aquire" the album, but listened too about 2-3 secs of each song then deleted it, because the sound quality was not great. Roll on the May 2nd (not too fast though let Thurs go sloooooowww first!)

Still no tickets yet, but seetickets said they were posted last Thurs, so I should expect them Tues/weds...........eeeek!

Looks like Dave's pretty sorted too, all good stuff :D . Still trying to get over this meeting 'internet people' thing, I know it's not a bad thing nowadays but I've never done. Maybe I should just get over myself and get a pair!!!!
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Hehe Eddie and Stone await me ;):D

It's gonna be so cool to actually meet you guys. I mean proper PJ fans. They are pretty rare where I live :)

In Hampshire? really? well, you could only imagine what it's like for me here... in - "if ever played ever in a million years on the radio it would be really late at night at it would only be - Alive, Jeremy or Black, if lucky" - Land.
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Hello all again, sorry finding it hard to keep up to date with this thread, what with having to work this weekend, so excuse me if I'm a little off the ball...

Just watched the SNL clip, my god Severed Hand is awesome, so far I have heard Comatose, WWS and this one and they are all fantastic. I gave in and managed to "aquire" the album, but listened too about 2-3 secs of each song then deleted it, because the sound quality was not great. Roll on the May 2nd (not too fast though let Thurs go sloooooowww first!)

Still no tickets yet, but seetickets said they were posted last Thurs, so I should expect them Tues/weds...........eeeek!

Looks like Dave's pretty sorted too, all good stuff :D . Still trying to get over this meeting 'internet people' thing, I know it's not a bad thing nowadays but I've never done. Maybe I should just get over myself and get a pair!!!!

You don't need to worry about meeting people. It's only natural I guess. I met a guy off of this board who lives near me, last year and it was fine. Always strange at first, but we'll be in a very public place and there's lots of us :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    You don't need to worry about meeting people. It's only natural I guess. I met a guy off of this board who lives near me, last year and it was fine. Always strange at first, but we'll be in a very public place and there's lots of us :D

Good, as long as I'm not being groomed into some religous cult, where we idolise some long haired bearded guy with controversial ideals.........................errr hang on!
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Good, as long as I'm not being groomed into some religous cult, where we idolise some long haired bearded guy with controversial ideals.........................errr hang on!

Nah we don't brainwash, just encourage ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Nah we don't brainwash, just encourage ;)

Well... I met one of my ex-girlfriends off the internet - ended up getting a house together for a couple of years! Todays world is a strange world we live in...