Astorians with tickets

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    i had the strangest dream about thursdays gig last night.

the venue was different, the band arrived in a hellicopter and the poster was big and printed on newspaper. i think it was a map of the venue.

anyway... here's my dilema.

when i get through the door do i go straight to the merch stand to get a poster, or straight to the front?!?

uuummm... I'd say straight to the posters... but I have Ulterior motives... :)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    OK packing - I'm just taking jeans, couple of tees, hoodie and a coat. Have no idea what the weather will be like, it's so changeable at the moment.

Posters or front - I don't know either. I could save you a space at the front, I'm not overly bothered about a poster so I could do that for you.

Haha yes wear James' Stone trousers. Would be funny! :D I still haven't made my Stone sign, must do that tonight.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ohh that could work. you're awesome!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    eeek! i haven't even thought about packing yes. what to take...

caz, do you remember james' stone trousers? i might wear them to the gig ;)

someone please help with my dilema at the top of the page. it's been bugging me for days!

Forget the merch stand until after the gig. You don't wanna be carrying stuff inside with you. And there's little danger of anything selling out before the end.
    einatshaul wrote:
    pleeeeease tell me what clothes are you packing?!!! I've got a packing crisis, have no idea what it's like in London...

It's not cold in London so don't worry too much about that. So Is it your first time in London?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It's not cold in London so don't worry too much about that. So Is it your first time in London?

Second! third actually, depends on how you look at it... don't remember a thing, it's all a blur, so it's like a first time! :)
  • foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    How pissed off am I? Normally when I'm about to go to a gig I get flu - which I can cope with, just about (foo fighters - sitting in a corner; feeling like shit but enjoying the music!!!) This time no flu - instead I get temporary DEAFNESS!!! What the f&*k??? Thursday - ear started feeling a bit dodgy, Friday - hearing became a little bit faint, Saturday - couldn't hear a thing out of my right ear. Sunday - trip to walk in surgery at the hospital, told my ear drum and canal are completely blocked and will take a week of twice daily oil treatments to clear it! Are you taking the piss? Monday - left ear starts going the same way! Back to the docs tomorrow and they better have a plan .....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    foxymop79 wrote:
    How pissed off am I? Normally when I'm about to go to a gig I get flu - which I can cope with, just about (foo fighters - sitting in a corner; feeling like shit but enjoying the music!!!) This time no flu - instead I get temporary DEAFNESS!!! What the f&*k??? Thursday - ear started feeling a bit dodgy, Friday - hearing became a little bit faint, Saturday - couldn't hear a thing out of my right ear. Sunday - trip to walk in surgery at the hospital, told my ear drum and canal are completely blocked and will take a week of twice daily oil treatments to clear it! Are you taking the piss? Monday - left ear starts going the same way! Back to the docs tomorrow and they better have a plan .....

man, that's a one in a million... hope you get it fixed mate
    foxymop79 wrote:

Oh no that's horrible :( You are supposed to go deaf AFTER the gig you know ;) But that sucks. Yes the doctor's had better have a plan. *sending you good vibes and a hug* :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
    I'm gutted - sod twice daily oil treatments - I'm trying twice hourly in the hope it will clear it! Hopefully the gig will be loud enough to get through the blockage!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• jmanjman Posts: 29
    Well, on SNL it looked freshly shampooed and conditioned....and also kinda whispy!

Only if you have curly hair can you understand the pain of having it... even if it's slightly curly a la Ed's. See the sky about to rain and a little part of me dies every time... death to frizz!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
  • I usually hit the merch stand first. But only because once i went to see Deep Purple and we went backstage for about an hour after the show and after we came out, the merch stand had closed!!! So I usually get it first and then bother with going in. Plus i'm gonna be in the 10c section, so I guess there'll be no rush to get to the front for me.
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
    I usually hit the merch stand first. But only because once i went to see Deep Purple and we went backstage for about an hour after the show and after we came out, the merch stand had closed!!! So I usually get it first and then bother with going in. Plus i'm gonna be in the 10c section, so I guess there'll be no rush to get to the front for me.

I wonder who you'll be sitting with! say, anyone who's in the 10c seets kind enogh to buy me a poster? :)
    I'll buy the drink afterwards
  • Is it seated? That'll suck. I'd actually rather be on the floor than fucking miles away. :(
    I just had a thought. It's obvious they'll play their new album, but will they play any other PJ stuff? Cause if they don't, i for one will be gutted and probably cry as this is my first time seeing them and i feel like i've waited all my life. I guess an album is like 11 songs... and a set is maybe... 15?
    a set should be 32!
    must be
    has to be
    don't worry, they'll do them all :)
    Is it seated? That'll suck. I'd actually rather be on the floor than fucking miles away. :(
    I just had a thought. It's obvious they'll play their new album, but will they play any other PJ stuff? Cause if they don't, i for one will be gutted and probably cry as this is my first time seeing them and i feel like i've waited all my life. I guess an album is like 11 songs... and a set is maybe... 15?

Don't despair matey. The venue is so small that you could be standing at the very back and still see the white's of Vedder's eyes. And if you have got a ticket for the upstairs area, it doesn't matter as you can walk downstairs to the standing area without any bother as the bouncers only stand at the door : )
  • Maybe i'm being thick. It should last about 2 hours yeah? And maybe an hour of that will be taken up with the new album (If they play it in it's entireity) ... I just want some Old Skool PJ. Don't mind what particularly. I wanna sing with Ed!
    One of my bootlegs has 27 songs. Bonus.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Don't despair matey. The venue is so small that you could be standing at the very back and still see the white's of Vedder's eyes. And if you have got a ticket for the upstairs area, it doesn't matter as you can walk downstairs to the standing area without any bother as the bouncers only stand at the door : )
    Have you been to the Astoria before? I'm wondering if it's more like the Shepherds Bush Empire or the Hammersmith Apollo. I'm hoping it's more like Shepherds Bush. I love that venue!
    Have you been to the Astoria before? I'm wondering if it's more like the Shepherds Bush Empire or the Hammersmith Apollo. I'm hoping it's more like Shepherds Bush. I love that venue!

It's better than the Shepherds Bush empire. Better atmosphere and acoustics. I've been loads of times - not for a few years though. I saw Janes Addiction there in 1990.
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I'm gutted - sod twice daily oil treatments - I'm trying twice hourly in the hope it will clear it! Hopefully the gig will be loud enough to get through the blockage!

Ask to have your ear syringed, it not as bad as it sounds it's like a mini jet wash for your ear. Doctors tend not to prescribe it in young people as it encourages the waxy build up to err, ...build up again. Insist on having it done, I did and I have no further problems.

Failing that get some Audiclean - http://www.audiclean.co.uk/ it essentially the same sort of thing and it's just water, no chemicals. Just ask for it at most pharmacies, it usually under the counter nudge nudge wink wink.

OOOOOhhhhhh 3 days and not much longer............ let my spirit passssssssssssasasasasasssssyeahheaheeyeah
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    It's better than the Shepherds Bush empire. Better atmosphere and acoustics. I've been loads of times - not for a few years though. I saw Janes Addiction there in 1990.
    Awesome. I loved the size of the Shepherds Bush Empire. It's sooo small and nice. :)
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Ask to have your ear syringed, it not as bad as it sounds it's like a mini jet wash for your ear. Doctors tend not to prescribe it in young people as it encourages the waxy build up to err, ...build up again. Insist on having it done, I did and I have no further problems.

h

Great my 200th post is about earwax, ...............rock and roll people.........rock and roll.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Chumfatty wrote:

Failing that get some Audiclean - http://www.audiclean.co.uk/ it essentially the same sort of thing and it's just water, no chemicals. Just ask for it at most pharmacies, it usually under the counter nudge nudge wink wink.

Will they be able to syringe it there and then? I have to go to work on Wednesday to try to get my year 11 GCSE class through some revision! I just want to be able to hear again!!!! Thanks for the advise!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    Will they be able to syringe it there and then? I have to go to work on Wednesday to try to get my year 11 GCSE class through some revision! I just want to be able to hear again!!!! Thanks for the advise!!!!

They should be able to, its usually a job done by the nurse, I definately recommend it given the cirmcumstances.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Chumfatty wrote:
    They should be able to, its usually a job done by the nurse, I definately recommend it given the cirmcumstances.

The nurse at the hospital didn't seem to understand when I stressed that I must be able to hear for PJ? She just looked at me as if to say "What?" Stupid bitch - this is a matter of life or death!!!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

foxymop79 wrote:
    The nurse at the hospital didn't seem to understand when I stressed that I must be able to hear for PJ? She just looked at me as if to say "What?" Stupid bitch - this is a matter of life or death!!!!!!

I meant the nurse at your local Practice, they should be able to do it.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Chumfatty wrote:
    I meant the nurse at your local Practice, they should be able to do it.

I'll ring in the morning and speak to the nurse before I go for my appointment! Thanks for the ear cleaning advice service!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!! (very minging though!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853

I saw Death Cab for Cutie at the Astoria a month or so ago... It's a great venue!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    foxymop79 wrote:

Phone ahead, when I had my ear syringed I had to have an appointment with the nurse, cause it takes about ten minutes to get equipment set up and then a couple to actually do it, just stress the importance of it. And don't get the urge to poke anything down there, or you'll just compact the wax and make it worse!

Only two more days in work for me, yey!!!!
    Yeah you should be able to get the nurse at the local practice to syringe your ear(s) for you. My dad has to go every so often and he normally rings in advance but if you stress how important it is, they should be able to do it there and then :)

Still haven't finished packing. Everything is laid out ready but packing is so stressful. I start off all neat but usually get bored and throw stuff in. Given to Fly will tell you how neatly I pack stuff though. When our suitcases were inspected at the airport, mine was all neat :D

Rockin' out to Creadles