Astorians with tickets

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Nothing wrong with crying mate. I cried at the Audioslave gig in Cardiff when they played Temple of the Dog.
    I'm more than likely to cry upon seeing PJ :D

Oh yes there's a whole bunch of us meeting both before and after the gig. The pre-gig meet is just as exciting as the actual show. Getting to meet fellow fans is also good :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    I keep imagining that i'll wuss out and cry or something! We're gonna be so close!

I was just looking at the blog we've been posting on and there's about 30 people who have actually said they're meeting at the pub! Its crazy!

Yep - just got to make sure we're not too drunk for the show... gonna line my stomach with some good beer sponge at lunch - stodgy man food...
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Keithos wrote:
    Yep - just got to make sure we're not too drunk for the show... gonna line my stomach with some good beer sponge at lunch - stodgy man food...

lol i don't wanna be drunk either. Call me a girl all you want but i love gin and tonics so i can drink a few of those without getting drunk.
    but i've had a bad stomach the last couple of days, now i'm desperately hoping i feel better for Thursday. then again, not even a coma would stop me goin' to the astoria. i'd have a doctor sort it up so that i cud be sat up next to the stage!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    l then again, not even a coma would stop me goin' to the astoria. i'd have a doctor sort it up so that i cud be sat up next to the stage!

lol... I'm sure Eddie Mike Stone Jeff & Matt will wake you up!
    einatshaul wrote:
    lol... I'm sure Eddie Mike Stone Jeff & Matt will wake you up!

let's not forget Boom!
    i've been working on my 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM' SHOUT-OUT, think i've got it down now!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Keithos wrote:

I plan on getting drunk after the show, that way I don't miss anything. Must be sober to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    It always comes out sounding like "Booooooooooo....."
    very confusing...
    lol i don't wanna be drunk either. Call me a girl all you want but i love gin and tonics so i can drink a few of those without getting drunk.
    but i've had a bad stomach the last couple of days, now i'm desperately hoping i feel better for Thursday. then again, not even a coma would stop me goin' to the astoria. i'd have a doctor sort it up so that i cud be sat up next to the stage!

Hope you feel a lot better for the show!

Gin and Tonic is good... Vodka Tonic better (I've decided on giving beer a miss for a while) ;)

I've had a pretty heavy easter hols so far... been out till 6 - 7 in the morning most nights! just got to my parents - doing the family easter thing - so today will be fued by good wine...
    I plan on getting drunk after the show

Hell yeah! I don't plan on sleeping... gonna go straight to work on thursday - the way it should be! :P
    Keithos wrote:
    Hope you feel a lot better for the show!

Gin and Tonic is good... Vodka Tonic better (I've decided on giving beer a miss for a while) ;)

I've had a pretty heavy easter hols so far... been out till 6 - 7 in the morning most nights! just got to my parents - doing the family easter thing - so today will be fued by good wine...

ohhhh i'm partial to a nice bottle of wine every now and then.....red or white?
    im staying away from the beer too, leaves me with a bloated stomach. feed me gin!

easter sunday has been boring so far! apart from the 8 mins of unadulterated orgasmic joy in the form of PJ on SNL!

ohhhh i'm partial to a nice bottle of wine every now and then.....red or white?
    im staying away from the beer too, leaves me with a bloated stomach. feed me gin!

easter sunday has been boring so far! apart from the 8 mins of unadulterated orgasmic joy in the form of PJ on SNL!

Definitely red - I have a collection of good red wine - about 70 bottles! Trouble is they're too good to drink and end up buying a new bottle every time I want some! Maybe I'll bring a very nice bottle to share in the queue for the Astoria!!!
    Oooh wine is always nice. Perhaps that shall be my tipple for the post-show drinkies. :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Keithos wrote:
    Definitely red - I have a collection of good red wine - about 70 bottles! Trouble is they're too good to drink and end up buying a new bottle every time I want some! Maybe I'll bring a very nice bottle to share in the queue for the Astoria!!!

drinking in the queue? nifty idea, i might have a sip if you're willing to share!
    i've noticed that, for me, the days have actually passed by fairly quickly leading up to this thursday. anyone else?

Oooh wine is always nice. Perhaps that shall be my tipple for the post-show drinkies. :D

I don't think I'm going to limit myself to one alcohol group! Just need to find somewhere that'll be open very very late! I know a few illegal spanish bars that are always fun (open till 6 - 7) but I think most folk will just be up for a 3am kinda thing! I'll have a look to see what's happening that night.
    Keithos wrote:
    I don't think I'm going to limit myself to one alcohol group! Just need to find somewhere that'll be open very very late! I know a few illegal spanish bars that are always fun (open till 6 - 7) but I think most folk will just be up for a 3am kinda thing! I'll have a look to see what's happening that night.

don't count me in the 3am category...i'll be on a high for days after the show so i'll be up all night if my liver can take it!

i've noticed that, for me, the days have actually passed by fairly quickly leading up to this thursday. anyone else?

Tell me about it! it's going FAST dude... just hope the show doesn't go as quickly... but then there's Reading to look forward too - and all the other concerts I have lined up! :)
    Keithos wrote:
    Tell me about it! it's going FAST dude... just hope the show doesn't go as quickly... but then there's Reading to look forward too - and all the other concerts I have lined up! :)

haven't got Reading tickets! Hoping to get a pair on ebay nearer the time, my girlfriend really wants to see Muse!
    what other concerts?

haven't got Reading tickets! Hoping to get a pair on ebay nearer the time, my girlfriend really wants to see Muse!
    what other concerts?

I've got Goo Goo Dolls and Death Cab for Cutie in June... and then the Red Hot Chili Peppers in July...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:

Hmmm...talking of red wine, I was out with my mum and her fella the other Sunday for Sunday dinner and we ended up getting a bit trashed in the local village pub as usual and the converstaion turned to the subject of stealing. My mum was not impressed by my stories of youthful thieving exploits so I then decided to nick a quality bottle of red wine from the pub restaurant wine rack on our way out, when she wasn't looking, which I've still got sitting here now. Maybe I'll bring it along for the queue???
    Keithos wrote:

Dya mean those Spanish bars just off Oxford st/Tottenham Court road, behind The Virgin Megastore?? If so, then yeeah, they are good for a laugh.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hmmm...talking of red wine, I was out with my mum and her fella the other Sunday for Sunday dinner and we ended up getting a bit trashed in the local village pub as usual and the converstaion turned to the subject of stealing. My mum was not impressed by my stories of youthful thieving exploits so I then decided to nick a quality bottle of red wine from the pub restaurant wine rack on our way out, when she wasn't looking, which I've still got sitting here now. Maybe I'll bring it along for the queue???

Sounds perfect (good story too)... I'm going to bring a very nice bottle of Dolcetto (my favorite red - i love northan Italian red) I bought it 4 years ago when I was snowboarding up in the Italian alps... not as good as the stealing story - but the best I could do :P
    Someone better bring a cork screw along by the sound of it. Scotinamsterdam...have you got anymore room in your bag??
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Dya mean those Spanish bars just off Oxford st/Tottenham Court road, behind The Virgin Megastore?? If so, then yeeah, they are good for a laugh.

You know too much!!! hehe - yep pepe's etc, there are another couple dotted around too - I guess we'll have to see how many off us there are for a late one - these places all depend on numbers etc!
    My only worry is I have to work the next day. I'm gonna be fu?P?{?{?:?L?cked. I may have to repeat a previous tactic of walking into my office at 6am and sleeping for a couple of hours in my chair at my desk, and then reeking of booze all day, and indulging in the occasional 'big spit' (as HST would say) in the work toilets. I've had a couple of post paddies day killer hangovers at work and survived, so we'll see.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    My only worry is I have to work the next day. I'm gonna be fu?P?{?{?:?L?ed. I may have to repeat a previous tactic of walking into my office at 6am and sleeping for a couple of hours in my chair at my desk, and then reeking of booze all day. I've had a couple of post paddies day killer hangovers at work and survived, so we'll see.

I've done that a good few times! We'll have to tell you the in's and out's down the pub as I don't think they're suitable for public reading... VERY funny though!!!!! So where do you work?
    Keithos wrote:
    I've done that a good few times! We'll have to tell you the in's and out's down the pub as I don't think they're suitable for public reading... VERY funny though!!!!! So where do you work?

For good old Red Ken - Transport for London - the evening standards favourites! Just down in Victoria. I don't think I could surprise my work colleagues anymore with how rough I can be at work. Come Friday I'll probably resemble Sadaam Hussain when they pulled him out of that hole.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    For good old Red Ken - Transport for London - the evening standards favourites! Just down in Victoria. I don't think I could surprise my work colleagues anymore with how rough I can be at work. Come Friday I'll probably resemble Sadaam Hussain when they pulled him out of that hole.

That's a good look! Although a doubt he would have been wearing a PJ tee! :P
    Keithos wrote:
    That's a good look! Although a doubt he would have been wearing a PJ tee! :P

True...I imagine him being more of a sugarbabes fan.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    True...I imagine him being more of a sugarbabes fan.

I was thinking Atomic Kitten- but I guess that's the same ball park...
    Keithos wrote:
    I was thinking Atomic Kitten- but I guess that's the same ball park...

In the words of HST "Todays pig is tomorrows bacon!" George Bush beware!