Astorians with tickets

Comments

• KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    I'll have to give £300 worth of Hipthrusting cos thats the price of my ticket so beware!

Same here... but I knew £300 was less thasn the cost of regret I would have had if I didn't go!

K.
    icarus wrote:
    are there any post-show drinking plans yet?

Last time I heard everyone was meeting back at the geoarge afterwards, and then play it by ear I guess...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    icarus wrote:
    are there any post-show drinking plans yet?

yeah... most people on this thread are up for drinking afterwards.

i think i'll be too excited to sleep anyway... so drinking it is :)

We can sort it out good and proper on the afternoon pre-meet as to what folk are wanting to do... but maybe re-meeting at The George is the best idea.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    icarus wrote:
    anyone think there will be an astoria poster or any special merchandise? would be nice to have a tshirt

A pre-release copy of the new album for everyone would be nice too :P
    Keithos wrote:
    A pre-release copy of the new album for everyone would be nice too :P

thats the least they could do considering some of you guys paid £250+ for a ticket..

I was hoping for a t-shirt or something... not too fussed though
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    Last time I heard everyone was meeting back at the geoarge afterwards, and then play it by ear I guess...

I reckon that's the best idea. I think the George is open till 1pm so it would be the best place to regroup.
    I was hoping for a t-shirt or something... not too fussed though

Me too... It's the experience and the memory that I want ;)
    Keithos wrote:
    Me too... It's the experience and the memory that I want ;)

me too man.... its my first PJ gig.. :o ...after 9 years of trying/weddings/fuck ups/etc...

I'll be keeping an eye out for merchandise but even if there was none.. i'd still be a happy fucking man :)
    me too man.... its my first PJ gig.. :o ...after 9 years of trying/weddings/fuck ups/etc...

I'll be keeping an eye out for merchandise but even if there was none.. i'd still be a happy fucking man :)

Not that I care too much about all that merchandise stuff, but I suspect that it being a promo gig, they may have something unique that they'll be giving away or putting out on sale.

First PJ gig? Cool - so it's gonna be one hell of a night for you... I'm getting more and more excited by the day! Not looking forward to friday though - when it's all over! But then again there's Reading to look forward to (and hopefully UK tour dates after that).
    has everyone seen the new video clip

http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

Life Wasted seems to be getting played.. (dont know as i refuse to download leaks!!)

this album is harking back to Vitalogy in its roughness and ferocity... this is gonna be a pogo-ing type o' gig ;)
    Keithos wrote:
    First PJ gig? Cool - so it's gonna be one hell of a night for you...

absolutely sir... like a proper PJ virgin should, i saved myself for the best one ;)
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    has everyone seen the new video clip

http://www.myspace.com/tenclub

Life Wasted seems to be getting played.. (dont know as i refuse to download leaks!!)

this album is harking back to Vitalogy in its roughness and ferocity... this is gonna be a pogo-ing type o' gig ;)

What is this from?!!! I had no idea what I was about to watch and this long vid. with clips from the new album and interviews of the guys came up! I couldn't stop it! not fair!
    einatshaul wrote:
    What is this from?!!! I had no idea what I was about to watch and this long vid. with clips from the new album and interviews of the guys came up! I couldn't stop it! not fair!

its the official tenclub myspace site

this is the Danny CLinch directed video teaser for 3 or 4 of the new songs :)

i maybe should have put a spoiler but.. i think its maybe better that we can all sing along come Thursday...

this time in 5 nights time :eek:
    That is a spoiler! but luckly enough the songs are not catchy so I can't actually remember the lyrics! :)
    They sure sound pretty angry these days...
    einatshaul wrote:
    They sure sound pretty angry these days...

Thats my personal preference :)

The band sound like half their age.. :cool:

didnt you like the new stuff then? :confused:
    Thats my personal preference :)

The band sound like half their age.. :cool:

didnt you like the new stuff then? :confused:

I'm trying hard not to like it! :) WWS and Unimp... I've been playing a lot on all my bus rides to work and back... that's a good indication
    Lol, yeh I suppose I should cos I@m pretty sure that person remembers very little, if any, of the conversation... but suffice to say... I love him too :)

:D:D:D:D Oooohhh, I can have soooooooooo much fun with this.

last night this drunken Irish person phoned me as well... i was soberish :o but she was hammered :D

we can try out all those things you asked about very soon ;);):D:D

I'm quite into surreal stuff but :- half dead rabbits, dogs licking toes and the ghosts of children is too far out even for me..

I hope she wasn't to unwell this morning :p
  • been trying to post on blogger.com but I am technical failure and can't seem to do it. I hope to be at the RG in Thurs and meet you all. Not my first gig but I expecting the best one. trying to get Jools tix too! Anyway - c u on thurs.
    Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I will be
    been trying to post on blogger.com but I am technical failure and can't seem to do it. I hope to be at the RG in Thurs and meet you all. Not my first gig but I expecting the best one. trying to get Jools tix too! Anyway - c u on thurs.

Where can you get tickets for Jools from????
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where can you get tickets for Jools from????

Mrs Holland ;)

these tickets are long gone... unless you have unlimited funds of course :)
  • Ah poss inside contact. I am going to be doing some serious brown noseing on Tues
    Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I will be
    So, what's the normal avenue for getting tickets for Jools??
    (And if anyone manages to get their hands on a spare one, let me know).
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Evening guys and girls... :)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    UKDave wrote:
    Evening guys and girls... :)

Davester... how goes it??

Tickets????????????????????????????

saucy women that perform a myriad of ergonomically challenged...ehhh things???

I ain't got a kilt for Thursday :(
    Davester... how goes it??

Tickets????????????????????????????

saucy women that perform a myriad of ergonomically challenged...ehhh things???

I ain't got a kilt for Thursday :(

Great bud... yeah me and the Vodka Queen share a seller so I think it's all systems go!!!!

You still want pming that other site then? there's a subscription charge ;)

No kilt!! I'll have to leave my travel rug at home then!! :)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    No kilt!! I'll have to leave my travel rug at home then!! :)

Thats great news about the ticket chief :)

subscripton charge???? :eek: nahh (tight scottish bastard alert) :D

what you listerning to?

Murphy's tonight... :)
    Thats great news about the ticket chief :)

subscripton charge???? :eek: nahh (tight scottish bastard alert) :D

honestly.. if i could garner a kilt.. women flock to them like Scousers to a hubcap :D

what you listerning to?

Murphy's tonight... :)

Yeah I'm charged now!! :)

Got MotD on at the mo but after that probably one of the boots I've downloaded off here over the last 2 or 3 days...

Off the alcohol tonight (and last night) some sort of bug or the stress of getting a ticket... need to recover for Thursday!!
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    Byrnzie wrote:
    So, what's the normal avenue for getting tickets for Jools??
    (And if anyone manages to get their hands on a spare one, let me know).
    there's a long waiting list, which is currently closed as it's full.

my 2nd cousin works for the BBC at broadcasting house, and he kindly tried, but not even he could even get a ticket for me. have tried a couple of emails to the BBC too, thought it worth a shot.

but alas nothing. I'm not that fussed I guess, would much rather be at the astoria gig than jools!

so have given up now, but if you hear anything let me know.
    You seem happy, you must have 10 tickets by now! :)