Astorians with tickets

Comments

• psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    ed, 20/04/06, london astoria:

"... and if you see someone next to you throw avocados on stage you have my personal permission to beat the fucking holy living shit out of them... me and jeff are going to the front gate, and when you exit we are gonna beat the shit out of every person here who smells of guacamole... fuckers!
    ahh, that felt good...
    this is a new song... but you've probably all heard it... greedy bastards...
    so just sing along...
    BIG MAN STANDS BEHIND AN OPEN DOOOOOOOR..."
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    So how many people dya reckon are gonna be turning up on Thursday without tickets?? "I predict a riot!"
  • last night i dreamed i was there, waiting for the band to come on stage! it's made me even more excited!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    i have a feeling that there won't be an official bootleg of this show...
    so i'd really like to know if there are any tapers amongst our little meet-up crew...

i know, we discussed the digicam and recording gear issue before and came to no real conclusion except that kilt smuggling is always an option :D
    but is anyone actually taking a recorder?
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

last night i dreamed i was there, waiting for the band to come on stage! it's made me even more excited!

hey heather,
    i know that off-topic chatter is really frowned upon in this thread (yeah, right :rolleyes: )
    but there's something i stumbled upon while adding all the meet-up lads and ladies to my buddy list...
    did you know that you share a birthday with such talented people as albert schweitzer, dave grohl, steven soderbergh and, well, ll cool j...
    how do i know? well, it's my birthday too :D

haha, sorry for that, just needed to share...

back to topic...
    ~~~

• foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Is anyone staying at the Carr-Saunders Hall hostel/halls of residence after the Astoria gig? I know they only have one room left now so guessed it might be full of Pearl Jam fans ....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
    Where y'all meeting up then? A local pub?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Where y'all meeting up then? A local pub?

haha, this thread is getting kinda huge and confusing, isn't it?
    the important info is in the first post though...

we're meeting at the royal george pub (right next to the astoria)

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/14/145/Royal_George/Charing_Cross_Road
    ~~~

• psycosmic wrote:
    did you know that you share a birthday with such talented people as albert schweitzer, dave grohl, steven soderbergh and, well, ll cool j...
    how do i know? well, it's my birthday too :D

haha, sorry for that, just needed to share...

back to topic...

haha awesome! well spotted :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    Kool. I'll be finishing work at 5pm in Victoria so will have a couple of hours to kill. May gatecrash the party if that's o.k?
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    psycosmic wrote:

Yep it certainly is - I was talking with some of the others yesterday about a few folk giving their numbers out to help co-ordinate etc, and like most things it's all got lost in the thread. I think it may be a good idea for us to use the blog for all absolute meeting information - who, what, where and how. Here we can also create the 'list' of people coming to the george, along with the existing list of people with tickets?

What do people think? Shall I get on the case???

Keith
    psycosmic wrote:
    the important info is in the first post though...

we're meeting at the royal george pub (right next to the astoria)

Not sure about age restricitions in London pubs - will my 16 year old brat of a sister be allowed in?
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• myself and stonesgstring will be arriving on wednesday evening. anyone else going to be around?
  • I can't see age restrictions being a problem pre gig... I'm not sure that she'll get into bars or clubs afterwards though...
    myself and stonesgstring will be arriving on wednesday evening. anyone else going to be around?

Hey!

I'm around (as I live in London) and was chatting to some of the other guys about a wednesday night drink...

... there's nothing set in stone yet - I don't mind organising something though!

Keith
    I can't see age restrictions being a problem pre gig... I'm not sure that she'll get into bars or clubs afterwards though...

I'll just leave her in the street afterwards!!!!! Mind not that she looks 16 - bitch has a figure to die for, is 2 inches taller than me and an attitude worse than any 21 year old!!!! I hate being the (much) older sister!!!!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

Personally, I don't wanna be drinking on Wednesday and wake hungover Thursday. I wanna have my sh1t together for Thursday evening. By the way, does anyone know if we are allowed to take digital cameras in??
  • sounds good. keep me informed :)
    haha awesome! well spotted :)

yeah sorry for that ... i suck at everything that includes dates and numbers but january 14th always sticks out, i can't help it ;)
    Keithos wrote:

seriously, is there anything you don't do?
    you just joined here and you're already everybody's hero...

i think it's a good idea... but we should keep the more personal info like phone numbers amongst us and not post them here or on the blog... maybe create a mailing list for the people going to the meet-up?
    ~~~

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Keithos wrote:
    Yep it certainly is - I was talking with some of the others yesterday about a few folk giving their numbers out to help co-ordinate etc, and like most things it's all got lost in the thread. I think it may be a good idea for us to use the blog for all absolute meeting information - who, what, where and how. Here we can also create the 'list' of people coming to the george, along with the existing list of people with tickets?

Keith

i thought everyone knew it was The George anytime after 2pm... have things changed? :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Personally, I don't wanna be drinking on Wednesday and wake hungover Thursday. I wanna have my sh1t together for Thursday evening. By the way, does anyone know if we are allowed to take digital cameras in??

No cameras allowed - I phoned when I got tickets - don't want to risk taking mine incase it gets confiscated (has happened before!!!)
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

That's a shame, 'cos the quality of my mobile camera's a bit crap. I might take the risk. I do remember years ago - 1991 - seeing Nine Inch Nails at the Astoria and a bouncer nicked a half bottle of whisky I was sneaking in. The bastard!
    Keithos wrote:
    Hey!

I'm around (as I live in London) and was chatting to some of the other guys about a wednesday night drink...

... there's nothing set in stone yet - I don't mind organising something though!

Keith

i'll be arriving on wednesday, too...
    don't know yet what our plans are for that night but keep me informed as well...
    ~~~

That's a shame, 'cos the quality of my mobile's camera is a bit crap. I might take the risk. I do remember years ago - 1991 - seeing Nine Inch Nails at the Astoria and a bouncer nicked a half bottle of whisky I was sneaking in. The bastard!
    Whoops, sent that one twice. Thought it hadn't gone. So any idea of how many of us peeps are gonna be taking over The George on Thursday?
    i thought everyone knew it was The George anytime after 2pm... have things changed? :confused:

Nothings changed! Some people still keep asking what is happening... but I meant this primarily for people leaving their numbers as some folk are worried about not finding everyone else!

Hope that makes sense :|
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Keithos wrote:
    Nothings changes! Some people still keep asking what is happening... but I meant this primarily for people leaving their numbers as some folk are worried about not finding everyone else!

Hope that makes sense :|

yeah...i just didnt want to read loads of pages to find out of things were different/the same/etc.. sorry :o

i'm coming on my own anyway so i'm looking for my comrades in kilts...shouldnt be too hard to spot the lads :);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    psycosmic wrote:
    i'll be arriving on wednesday, too...
    don't know yet what our plans are for that night but keep me informed as well...

Sure thing, will try and keep all informed :)

K.
    I can't believe it's been so long since I was last at The Astoria. God the thought almost makes me feel old. I think the last band I saw there was Fields Of The Nephilim in 1992. I saw Nine Inch Nails, Janes Addiction, Alien Sex Fiend - Oooooh Yeaaah! - and a bunch of others there back yonder in those golden - whoops I meant Goth - days. Any other 35 year olds going Thursday??
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I can't believe it's been so long since I was last at The Astoria. God the thought almost makes me feel old. I think the last band I saw there was Fields Of The Nephilim in 1992. I saw Nine Inch Nails, Janes Addiction, Alien Sex Fiend - Oooooh Yeaaah! - and a bunch of others there back yonder in those golden - whoops I meant Goth - days. Any other 35 year olds going Thursday??

I think you'll find a hell of an age range going on Thursday - kid sister being the youngest at 16 (I think). I'd hate to think I would be the oldest!