Astorians with tickets

Comments

• stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I suspect I'll be ringing a lot of people during the show. Gee my phone bill will be huge but I don't care! Gotta spread the love :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Cheers Chumfatty!! I can't wait. I just knew that if I ended up having to go down there on the night and tried couldn't get a ticket from a tout or someone, then I'd be absolutely GUTTED. I'll jsut have to tighten my belt for the rest of the month.
    I hope they open with Long Road, and then proceed to Fucking rock!!
  • Does anyone know that daughter tag - can't remember the boot, think it was Philly - 'don't runaway don't runaway don't let me down'? I love that one.

It's "Save it for Later" by English Beat. It's usually tagged to Better Man - like at the Point in 2000.

here's a treat for you:http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1I4HZO45441W23DP94CAGSC3DQ
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    I don't mind - I don't pay for calls so I can leave my phone on throughout the show!

And you are a star :) See you at the George.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    It's "Save it for Later" by English Beat. It's usually tagged to Better Man - like at the Point in 2000.

here's a treat for you:http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1I4HZO45441W23DP94CAGSC3DQ

Oh sorry yes it was betterman... thank you soooo much :) That's been bugging me since Christmas cos I think it's gorgeous.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you

Lol, shite, I've no speakers :(

Hmm... headphones :) boss off tomorrow :)

Anyway, thank you.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Lol, shite, I've no speakers :(

Hmm... headphones :) boss off tomorrow :)

Anyway, thank you.

Awwww... I'm listening to it right now. Love it...
    Awwww... I'm listening to it right now. Love it...
    Yeh yeh rub it in :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I've not seen PJ before....So for how many of you dudes will it be your first time seeing them next week?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've not seen PJ before....So for how many of you dudes will it be your first time seeing them next week?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :o

:D sooooooooooooooooooo excited :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :o

:D sooooooooooooooooooo excited :p

really?! it's your first time?! I thought you went to toronto last year
    I'm soooo excited - got my ticket after advertising for it on Gum Tree this morning - my boss has to keep prying me off the office ceiling!!
    really?! it's your first time?! I thought you went to toronto last year

No :( I was supposed to - had arranged for a ticket and all but I just couldn't afford it in the end and a few things went wrong so had to cancel it :(

It was horrible. The Star even had a picture of that concert cos Bono got up on stage with Ed :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • No :( ...had to cancel it :(
    that's shit. All the more reason to be excited now though:D
    Bono got up on stage with Ed :(
    From what I've heard that was the highlight of what was supposedly not a great gig, so maybe you didn't miss too much. Though I have heard that version of RitFW, and as much as I loathe Bono, it is a cracker.
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    Nothing too demanding eh? ;)
    I would love to hear Down played though. Or Footsteps. I'll take either! :D
    I would honestly go home exceedingly happy if they just played any one of these: Indifference, Smile, Lukin, Off He Goes, HTI, Footsteps, Baba O'Reilly, Sad, Alone, Lowlight, SOLAT... who am I kidding I'm just happy to be seeing the band in the Astoria -- no matter what they play, if the band rock and the crowd are well up-for-it, it doesn't matter too much, there's only a few songs they could play that I don't like!

See ya there, Caz.
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    I'm hoping the setlist will be light on stuff from Binaural (heard most of those songs twice at Wembley 2000), but anything else will be good. Of the stuff released since then, would love to hear Sad, Undone, Man of the Hour, Thumbing my Way, You Are...maybe Save You.....and of course, all the stuff from the new album, which is getting more amazing with each listen
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • My guess is that it will be similar to previous small shows around new releases. We'll get 9 or 10 new songs, probably 5 or so from Riot Act, since it hasn't been played over here yet, and one or two from each of most or all of the others. Plus a couple of non-album songs (ledbetter and sad, at a guess) and a cover or two.
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Byrnzie wrote:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • My guess is that it will be similar to previous small shows around new releases. We'll get 9 or 10 new songs, probably 5 or so from Riot Act, since it hasn't been played over here yet, and one or two from each of the others. Plus a couple of non-album songs (ledbetter and sad, at a guess) and a cover or two.

I agree. I think Life Wasted / WWS / Severed Hand /Comatose will definitely be played and probably one or two of the slower ones (parachutes / come back). I would love it if they played Inside Job but not sure they will.
    I'd like to hear some of the no code stuff - off he goes, smile, hail hail or a couple off vitalogy (nothingman, whipping, not for you). Not too fussed about hearing the binaural stuff as got to hear most off that album on the 2000 tour.
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
    that's shit. All the more reason to be excited now though:D

From what I've heard that was the highlight of what was supposedly not a great gig, so maybe you didn't miss too much. Though I have heard that version of RitFW, and as much as I loathe Bono, it is a cracker.

I never heard it. I'm not a big Bono fan either but it just seemed with teh Irish connection and the picture in the paper a couple of days later, that I was MEANT to be there :o but... alas, t'was not to be :(

But yeh, I'm suuuuuuuuuper excited now :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Yo Spider 1998...where dya get the album? Have you downloaded it from somewhere? I've already pre-ordered it, so it won't be like i'm nicking it if I download it now. It's not on e.mule yet - well, just a few songs are.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Yo Spider 1998...where dya get the album? Have you downloaded it from somewhere? I've already pre-ordered it, so it won't be like i'm nicking it if I download it now. It's not on e.mule yet - well, just a few songs are.

do us all a serious favour. don't get this thread deleted.
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Byrnzie wrote:

You have obiviously just joined so I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt, talk of the leaked albums location is frowned upon and the mods are clamping down on it by deleting threads. You'd be better off waiting for the official release as the quality is apparently better.

I'm scared in case i listen to it, remember the words, then sing them at the gig, get busted by Stone who then jumps in the crowd and kicks my ass. (although i reckon i could take him.)

Anyway shssshhhhhsshh
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
    Who me? shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
    O.k. Fair point. Your right, I'm new to this thread so wasn't sure what goes. By the way....stop talking about all those old Pearl Jam songs like Comatose and Parachutes!!!
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Chumfatty wrote:
    You have obiviously just joined so I think you deserve the benefit of the doubt, talk of the leaked albums location is frowned upon and the mods are clamping down on it by deleting threads. You'd be better off waiting for the official release as the quality is apparently better.

I'm scared in case i listen to it, remember the words, then sing them at the gig, get busted by Stone who then jumps in the crowd and kicks my ass. (although i reckon i could take him.)

Anyway shssshhhhhsshh

This is what I'm secretly hoping for....me to get a beating by Stone that is, not you!
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
    I reckon Mike's the hard man of the band....and a bass guitar's heavier than a lead...so duck if he comes at ya!!
    duh...Jeff plays bass. Someone kick my ass on Thursday. I'm so excited my heads all twisted back to front.
    I meet need to take some valium with me on Thursday to stop me climbing all over the ceiling of the Astoria. Will you all promise to catch me when I drop??
    That should be 'might', Not 'meet'. Shiiit, got my ticket this morning. If y'all think I might be being a bit hyper on this here Wednesday afternoon...spare a thought for my work colleagues.