Astorians with tickets

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Keithos wrote:
    Cool! I could bring the new album but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want to hear it in advance of its release!

:) don't let the band see it...
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    einatshaul wrote:
    :) don't let the band see it...

hehe... ;)
  • I'll bring the bootlegs I have - burned onto CD's so they can get lost... or anyone that wants them can have them.
    I'll bring the bootlegs I have - burned onto CD's so they can get lost... or anyone that wants them can have them.

I'll do the same :)
  • blue_rainblue_rain Posts: 163
    einatshaul wrote:
    Eddie's moods are unpredictable, but, I'd have to make some sort of contact, wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't…

And again, It's all about the music! :)

I wouldn't forgive myself either. But I'd have to check my nerves first because honestly, I really could be sick!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Keithos.. I've added you to the front page.. I've not been keeping up to date with it... but I added you anyway. I think the communal blog is better cos I have less responsibility then:

http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/

PM anyone thats on it for the access details or to make any changes...

This is NOT mine.. it's ours....
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Hello all again, sorry I'm not posting too much, I'm trying to keep up with the swelling volumes of messages every day.

So we're all having a good discussion about whats gonna be happening on the day so I'll throw in my two-penneth worth, as I have no- one left to get excited with as my g/f is already sick of PJ this PJ that Etc....

1. Is there likely to be a Bootleg for this gig?, I doubt that they'd release one straight away as it will probably contain tracks from the new album.

2. What are the chances of an Ed Preset?? The doors open at 1830, thats goodly time for a few acoustic numbers from the man himself.

3. There have been rumours of a 3 hour set abound on the Red Mosquito Forum, considering 10C winners recieved an email about No Support Act and the concert starting at 8pm, there is a very good chance??.

4. Will there be any special guests etc - Townshend, Buzzcocks, Plant..........

5. Where's me fugging tickets!!!!!!!!!!

Answers on a post card marked 'Avacado' please.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Lol blue rain, I think I understand :o

I've often imagined scenarios (e.g. if I'm waiting for a bus) and the band just walks on past me and I've imagined what I'd do and run it through my head loadsa times - 9 times out of 10 I either faint or throw up, the other time I make a complete arse of myself. I will not be liable for whatever way I behave when they finally come on stage, ok???

And I dunno why cos I can be brass enough. I'm mad about rugby and Denis Hickie WAS my favourite Player but I saw him and Shane Horgan in a nightclub new years eve and forced meself to go up to them – Shane was adorable, Denis was just adequately nice (lol, I’m not sure what I want from these people) so Shane’s now my favourite rugby player :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Hello all again, sorry I'm not posting too much, I'm trying to keep up with the swelling volumes of messages every day.

So we're all having a good discussion about whats gonna be happening on the day so I'll throw in my two-penneth worth, as I have no- one left to get excited with as my g/f is already sick of PJ this PJ that Etc....

1. Is there likely to be a Bootleg for this gig?, I doubt that they'd release one straight away as it will probably contain tracks from the new album.

2. What are the chances of an Ed Preset?? The doors open at 1830, thats goodly time for a few acoustic numbers from the man himself.

3. There have been rumours of a 3 hour set abound on the Red Mosquito Forum, considering 10C winners recieved an email about No Support Act and the concert starting at 8pm, there is a very good chance??.

1. I'm hoping so, but thinking not. Previous warm-up shows haven't been released, with the exception of the Showbox DVD

2. Not getting my hopes up....but you never know! Think it's normally before the support band, but there is no support, so....

3. The G.A.Y. club starts at around 11, so I think we'll be getting kicked out at 10.30ish. Still, that's 2 1/2 hours....

4. Who knows!

5. Same place as mine...stuck in a vault somewhere that Seetickets refuse to open!
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Keithos.. I've added you to the front page.. I've not been keeping up to date with it... but I added you anyway. I think the communal blog is better cos I have less responsibility then:

http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/

PM anyone thats on it for the access details or to make any changes...

This is NOT mine.. it's ours....

What's all this about a blog? Did I miss something? *looks panicked*
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Chumfatty wrote:

Doors open at 18:30, and according to aloud.com, there definitely isn't a support act, which means the band will more than likely start at 19:30, the astoria doesn't take an hour and a half to fill up. Since the GAY club starts at eleven, most gigs I have been to on club nights have finished at around half ten, it takes even less time to empty the place! So all in all, the band should have anywhere between 2 and a half to 3 hours to play. I'm guessing there could be a surprise guest or two, the gig is such a big event for such a tiny venue, and it's been so long since they played here, I'm thinking they are gonna have some good surprises in store. And yeah where are my bloody tickets?!
  • WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    Chumfatty wrote:

I'd be surprised if they don't make this available for download to be honest, but more to the point, will they release it on a DVD like The Showbox?

Since there's no support then I think they'll be on stage in good time, and do a fairly lengthy show anyways. Whether that will include a solo section with Ed who knows. The longer they are on the better!!

see number 2 reply - think we're in for a good length set

Just been talking about this this morning to the g/f. Listening to Mexico boot with Corin on Hunger Strike got me wondering what the chances are of say Chris Cornell, or say Pete Townsend turning up. Be amazing if we get someone on stage to play a few with them

ME TOOO!!!

6. What songs are we all wanting to hear in the set?
    Listening to boots from the US tours etc, and reading stuff on forums etc a lot of people would like to see the likes of Betterman, Corduroy etc not played as often, but since its 6 years since seeing them, I'm unsure about whether I want to hear them again or not.
    A rendition of Daughter with some knockout tag like Its Ok would be great mind.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
    WASTID wrote:
    A rendition of Daughter with some knockout tag like Its Ok would be great mind.

That would be amazing. On the TB2K that's my fav song for sure.

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • All this talk about G.A.Y. is not really an issue...

Have none of you ever come out of a gig to be met by a sea of magenta clad 14 year old wearing glitter moaning about some moshers that made the club open late....

Just that in this case there will be more glitter.... more immaculate bikini lines and higher pitched voices.
    I like glitter. Perhaps I'll wear some on Thurs ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    It's not an issue for me, but I'm sure it will be for the venue - pretty sure they'll have a curfew in order to clear the venue and get those disco lights set up...
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    for me, I'd like to hear a heap of new stuff (I'm sure we will anyway), a few classics and a few rarities ;)

a couple of tracks off No Code would also be great!
  • Yeah, but the few times I;ve been to a venue thats a club... the club starts later.
    for me, I'd like to hear a heap of new stuff (I'm sure we will anyway), a few classics and a few rarities ;)

a couple of tracks off No Code would also be great!

Nothing too demanding eh? ;)
    I would love to hear Down played though. Or Footsteps. I'll take either! :D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • When I said the more the merrier... I did have limits:

http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/2006/04/this-is-g-dawg-on-left-and-big-d-boy.html

Do these insurgents from the north realise it's a black tie affair?
    Keithos.. I've added you to the front page.. I've not been keeping up to date with it... but I added you anyway.

Many thanks man...
  • Nothing too demanding eh? ;)
    I would love to hear Down played though. Or Footsteps. I'll take either! :D

Id like to hear man of the hour, or off he goes. i want them to open with release followed by severed hand!
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • ha ha

we're a right good laugh

i cant wait, another week of work then its party time, party time, party time
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Breath! and Deep!

That's it for now... I'm off to Passover dinner/hell whichever side you see it...

Happy Easter to you guys!

see you later
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Does anyone know that daughter tag - can't remember the boot, think it was Philly - 'don't runaway don't runaway don't let me down'? I love that one.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Not that I'm giving up hope of getting a ticket yet :( .... but .... if I don't would a couple of people at the meet take my number and give me a call during the gig so I can listen in??? :)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I had a phone call from someone this morning after advertising on Gum Tree that i'd give £250 for my ticket. I've just paid up and collected my ticket.
    I am officially, at this moment in time, the happiest bastadio on the planet!! See ya'll there on Thursday dudes!!!!!!!
    Chime wrote:
    Not that I'm giving up hope of getting a ticket yet :( .... but .... if I don't would a couple of people at the meet take my number and give me a call during the gig so I can listen in??? :)

I don't mind - I don't pay for calls so I can leave my phone on throughout the show!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    P.s, and there I was at one point thinking that I'd go along, cover myself in horse shit, and then rush the bouncers! Oh well, I'll leave that to someone else to do!
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Byrnzie wrote:
    P.s, and there I was at one point thinking that I'd go along, cover myself in horse shit, and then rush the bouncers! Oh well, I'll leave that to someone else to do!

Can you do that but storm the seetickets offices and get my bloody ticket off them.

Well done by the way, hope its worth every penny.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!