Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    JimNastics wrote:
    PM received thanks mate, great to get this sorted so quickly!! Dunk has got my mob so it'll be easy to meet on the day, my girlfriend says she'll be able to get out from work earlier than planned so we'll be there easily for 3pm now. We're meeting up with some old friends before the gig so I don't think I'll be able to join you all in the pub, but it makes sense for me to come and find you in there for swapsies :)

no probs jim... I'll be at pub around 3pm onwards and i'll phone/you phone me to arrange meeting us for swapsies... :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Woo :) so I got company downstairs then so :)

looks like it. front row?
    I kinda like Slane. Marley Park's a great intimate yet big enough little place. Probably not big enough for PJ though
    Radiohead have Marlay Park sown up. Never been there for a gig, but sound like it'd be better than Slane. I've seen PJ at Slane before and it was great - intense as all hell! - but they didn't play for very long (support slot, 50 mins), and I'd really like to see them play their own show, not just among a group of other bands and fans. though I suppose that's what Astoria's all about!
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Woo :) so I got company downstairs then so :)

aye... only if i agree to swap the ticket ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    looks like it. front row?

Radiohead have Marlay Park sown up. Never been there for a gig, but sound like it'd be better than Slane. I've seen PJ at Slane before and it was great - intense as all hell! - but they didn't play for very long (support slot, 50 mins), and I'd really like to see them play their own show, not just among a group of other bands and fans. though I suppose that's what Astoria's all about!

Front row's sounding pretty good :) Any further back and I won't be able to see a thing anyway :o

Marlay Park has a great atmosphere. I've been twice for Bryan Adams :o and Meatloaf :o and I can't believe I admitted to seeing either of them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    aye... only if i agree to swap the ticket ;)

:rolleyes: Fucking drama queen :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :rolleyes: Fucking drama queen :cool:

cant type... in huff ;)
  • Options
    cant type... in huff ;)

Awww... you can't even spell 'hurry' :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Alright guys,
    Just noticed my name is on the people listed as having a ticket. This is indeed true. My friend and i will be present at the show, not sure if we will make it to this particular pub before hand, but i'll look out for it and maybe drop it. I've never spoken to any of you before but hey why not?!
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • Options
    Front row's sounding pretty good :) Any further back and I won't be able to see a thing anyway :o
    eyesight or heightwise?
    Bryan Adams :o
    oof!
    and Meatloaf :o
    argh!
    and I can't believe I admitted to seeing either of them.
    me either, darlin', me either...
  • Options
    eyesight or heightwise?

Heightwise - nothing wrong with my eyes but I'm 5'4 or 5'5 or something like that. Pretty average but when it comes to concerts I can't seem to see over anyone.
    me either, darlin', me either...

:o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    when it comes to concerts I can't seem to see over anyone.
    i know the feeling
  • Options
    Okay... I've got a nice story for you... I always listen to my iPod while cycling arround the streets of Amsterdam.. this can get me into some trouble... there's an entry on my blog for the time I tried to play the air drums drunk to sabotage by the beastie boys while cycling... it ended in disaster.

On...hmmmm Friday night, was coming home from our favourite belgian beer bar. I had behaved cos I had flight to Geneva the next day. This was the day I found out I had tickets... so I was rocking the boot of SECC Glasgow, and cycling like a nutter to rearviewmirror.... eyes closed singing my lungs out.... when I noticed a car emergency stop in front of me... now my bike is an amsterdam special, bought second hand, rusted to fuck and a buckled back wheel from give too many people rides home on the back...

So I go into full on pedal backwards braking(Its an amsterdam bike), and manage to stop - I was so proud of myself! If it had been chilled PJ i would have been on the back of the car.... then I looked down, my back tire had folded to a 45 degree angle... hilarious... I toss the bike and keep on walking.. grooving along still... the driver is just laughing at me!!!

Scottish Person drunk on bike story #2

after a good night out, me and my pal decided we would go Mountain Biking in the Forest near our town... pissed as hell... only problem was we only had one set of lights!! Easily solved by me taking the front light and giving him the rear light... we reasoned to ourselves that it would be like some new fangled tandem contraption.... anyway going along the street and roads were fine, no stoppages and obviously the streetlamps and the moon made it easy for him to see... i was ok seeing as how i had the front headlamp... got into the forest and going down the first big trail at a good speed ... i lost him by going too fast... he couldnt see a feckin thing and after about 2 minutes of me thinking "where the hell is he"... a figure came out of the darkness ... at full pelt.. screaming into the darkness and me waving at him to stop... boom!! straight of the forest track into the nearest tree... slid for about 3 miles on his palms and to this day he still has gravel pieces under his skin...
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Heightwise - nothing wrong with my eyes but I'm 5'4 or 5'5 or something like that.

Nae worries Helen, Neil and I are tall, we'll have you hoisted up enough to whisper in Eddie's ear. Haha
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Nae worries Helen, Neil and I are tall, we'll have you hoisted up enough to whisper in Eddie's ear. Haha

:) that sounds pretty good. I don't expect you to hold me up but at the very least, don't stand in front of me... please :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    In fact Neil's a big lad, if his dodgy back doesn't give him shit then it could be you and I on a shoulder each!!

Ain't that right Neil? Go on, you know you want to spend the entire concert with us on your shoulders!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    No ticket but not coming on your thread to act as a downer ;)

I work near the Astoria and was thinking if I got of work a little early I could pop down and say hi to all the fellow PJ fans/10Cers and grab a drink with you (while also checking out what the touts are asking). What time do you think you guys will be leaving the George to start queuing? And are the ticketless welcome?

I could come in useful as I'm English but spent my teenage years in Scotland so could be an official translator :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    What time do you think you guys will be leaving the George to start queuing? And are the ticketless welcome?

I could come in useful as I'm English but spent my teenage years in Scotland so could be an official translator :D

i've not really thought about the queuing time yet.. and the ticketless are of course welcome unless they happen to be expert pick-pocketers ;)

well if me, Neil and Fraser get a drink in us... we'll hardly be able to understand oursleves :D... but your welcome to try

cant we just all gang up on the touts and batter the fuck out of them and hand out free tickets to folk... think about it!!! 30 of us.. one or two of them... easy picking!! is touting ilegal? if it is we'd be doing the band a valuable service :)
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    sounds like a good plan...
    front row is reserved for the girls from the meet-up and, err, me - you know, it never hurts to have a guy around, just in case ;)
    (nah, i'm not the tallest person either but don't ask me, i've never figured out feet, inches, miles, pounds, etc... and i used to live in london for a while)

then behind us the scots to prevent everyone from being crushed... i'm sure you have some superb battlefield techniques down from watching braveheart...
    and after reading your last post, fraser, i can actually picture neil in war paint with a double-handed sword...
    :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    cant we just all gang up on the touts and batter the fuck out of them and hand out free tickets to folk... think about it!!! 30 of us.. one or two of them... easy picking!! is touting ilegal? if it is we'd be doing the band a valuable service :)

It would be great if you guys could.

I'll take first dibs on one of those tickets :D

I'm only five two so don't think I'll be much help in actually getting the tickets.
  • Options
    well if me, Neil and Fraser get a drink in us... we'll hardly be able to understand oursleves :D... but your welcome to try

Forgot to say this is my speciality. Family owned a pub in Scotland so have listened and learned to decipher the ramblings of many drunk Scots :D
  • Options

Aw, i'm loving this now!!! Aye, well guid luk wi the translatin', get the whisky's in!! I'll be sleverin' pish after a few anyway.

We could always at least noise up the touts. "here mate, £50 to buy back your clothes" hahaha.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Forgot to say this is my speciality. Family owned a pub in Scotland so have listened and learned to decipher the ramblings of many drunk Scots :D

don't we all speak the same language when we're drunk? :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Aw, i'm loving this now!!! Aye, well guid luk wi the translatin', get the whisky's in!! I'll be sleverin' pish after a few anyway.

Al gie it a try anyways. Ken what you meen aboot chattin pish tho.

Work hard enough we could make the board read like an Irvine Welsh novel :D

For the amusement of the Scots (and anyone else who might be interested)

The Scottish Parliament website as well as being translated into Gaelic is translated into Scots makes for amusing reading!

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/vli/language/scots/index.htm
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:

In general yes, but...we scots tend to have a rather unique brand of pissed vocal skills. Neil's a pro at this...sllluurrrrr.
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:

see yoo... see youu phal... yer ma besht mate.. diddy ye ken that... beshtest mate ah did evir huv mun..

like that you mean :D
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Al gie it a try anyways. Ken what you meen aboot chattin pish tho.

i don't even understand the official translator :rolleyes:

like that you mean :D

exactly :D
    ~~~

• Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    i don't even understand the official translator :rolleyes:

Sorry I shall refrain from speaking anything other than the Queen's English henceforth :D
  • Options
    I have tickets!! Its been 6 long years!
    Dublin, Ireland - 23/08/2006
    Leeds, England - 25/08/2006
    Verona, Italy - 16/09/2006 (Row 4, 34/36)
    Prague, Czech. Rep - 22/09/2006
    Wembley, England - 18/06/2007
    O2, England - 18/08/2009
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Sorry I shall refrain from speaking anything other than the Queen's English henceforth :D

nah, i actually enjoyed reading the link you gave us... and i understand most of it... maybe because i once did old english and middle high german at uni...
    and we could discuss shakespeare...
    but make me talk about the weather with a brit with a strong regional accent and i'm lost, go figure...
    ~~~

• Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    In fact Neil's a big lad, if his dodgy back doesn't give him shit then it could be you and I on a shoulder each!!

Ain't that right Neil? Go on, you know you want to spend the entire concert with us on your shoulders!

Jesus.. every time i go offline to catch a plane or something.... I get roped into something!!!!