Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    are you on a Sponsored Take the Piss out of Dunk day or something :)
    Well kinda, I've raised 2,671euro for my concert drinking fund so far :)

Well since yesterday, I've been looking at it as 'just over two weeks away' :)

I've completely forgotten that from next Thursday (the 13th) I'm off until Monday the 24th anyway - all I was thinking about was the concert but I've a whole WEEK of holidays before that :) . I'm gonna have to start drinking again :eek: still haven't had a drink since I quit the fags :o . I'm turning into a fucking nun here.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options

Oh and from tomorrow it will be 'just over a week away' :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahhhhh..... about to get WAY too hyper I think :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I'm surprisingly calm at the moment, probably due to the fact I'm at work grrr.

Seems so long away at the moment mind.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I'm surprisingly calm at the moment, probably due to the fact I'm at work grrr.

Seems so long away at the moment mind.

Ha ha! I'm at work now too! my students are being guided by the librarian right now and all I have to do is sit here! :) sometimes I love my job...
    earlier I was giving a lesson on Post Impressionism...isn't it amasing?! in only two weeks I'll be far far from it all...
  • Options
    Post Impressionism

Impression's of envelope's - gees your job is boring.....
  • Options
    Impression's of envelope's - gees your job is boring.....

Good that I have a trip to London to look forward to!
  • Options
    BishamonBishamon Posts: 1
    Have just booked my flight, will be cutting it close in order to make
    it to my Brother's to drop off bags and then onto the Astoria for 6pm.

You reckon doors are really gonna be 6pm? Seems way too early!

What time do you think the band will be onstage ~8pm?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I'm actually sleeping pretty well at the moment knowing I've got my tickets.... Still can't wait though!
  • Options
    Bishamon wrote:
    You reckon doors are really gonna be 6pm? Seems way too early!

meny speculations... let's just be the best crowd we can be and make them feel like playing for three hours! 7-10 :):)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Bishamon wrote:

band is due to come on at 8pm according to an email sent out to the 10clubbers who won the tickets

it'll be a 2hour gig at least i reckon :)

i listened to a whole gig on http://www.pearljamlive.com last night 32 songs :eek: and the total length of the gig was 2hrs 23 mins... fucking 32 songs.... we should maybe get around the 20's i hope...

20-odd songs is just splendifirous :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    20-odd songs is just splendifirous :)
    I want 32... :( but I'll take what they'll have to give!
  • Options
    Lets face it. When have pearl jam ever done a short shite gig.... MTV unplugged was shorter.... that would do me... all the people saying its gonna be short are just bitter negatives without tickets.... I've never seen anything like it. I reckon it's a british thing. If you're not lucky enough talk it down.

It's pearl jam in a tiny club with only diehard fans, where you can sit at the bar and still hit eddie with peanuts!!!

Hence... I can;t fucking sleep.... I'm counting the minutes and I've not stopped listening to pearl jam since i got a ticket. Do you realise how funny people look at you in a meeting when you strut to dirty frank on top of the table!
  • Options
    Hence... I can;t fucking sleep.... I'm counting the minutes and I've not stopped listening to pearl jam since i got a ticket. Do you realise how funny people look at you in a meeting when you strut to dirty frank on top of the table!

"Where's ScotInAmsterdam?" "my god! he's been ate!!!"
  • Options
    Lets face it. When have pearl jam ever done a short shite gig.... MTV unplugged was shorter.... that would do me... all the people saying its gonna be short are just bitter negatives without tickets.... I've never seen anything like it. I reckon it's a british thing. If you're not lucky enough talk it down.

It's pearl jam in a tiny club with only diehard fans, where you can sit at the bar and still hit eddie with peanuts!!!

Hence... I can;t fucking sleep.... I'm counting the minutes and I've not stopped listening to pearl jam since i got a ticket. Do you realise how funny people look at you in a meeting when you strut to dirty frank on top of the table in a meeting!

thats definitely the attitude with the Brits on here... they didnt get a ticket which is a shite, but not everyone could... then they say things like its a showcase for media types...its not going to have "real" fans at it...its gonna be 1 hour long. :( :( .. its gonna be fucking awesome is what its gonna be :)

PJ is all ive listened to as well... scientifically i have come to the conclusion that if i listen to Lukin or Spin the Black Circle then i walk to the Sandwich shop quicker and therefore get my food quicker... yesterday I was listening to All or None and when i ambled to the shop there were no Honey and Choc Flapjacks left... gutted :( so moral of listening to PJ at lunchtime is ... fast stuff only as then you get there quicker.... or something
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PJ is all ive listened to as well... scientifically i have come to the conclusion that if i listen to Lukin or Spin the Black Circle then i walk to the Sandwich shop quicker and therefore get my food quicker... yesterday I was listening to All or None and when i ambled to the shop there were no Honey and Choc Flapjacks left... gutted so moral of listening to PJ at lunchtime is ... fast stuff only as then you get there quicker.... or something

Okay... I've got a nice story for you... I always listen to my iPod while cycling arround the streets of Amsterdam.. this can get me into some trouble... there's an entry on my blog for the time I tried to play the air drums drunk to sabotage by the beastie boys while cycling... it ended in disaster.

On...hmmmm Friday night, was coming home from our favourite belgian beer bar. I had behaved cos I had flight to Geneva the next day. This was the day I found out I had tickets... so I was rocking the boot of SECC Glasgow, and cycling like a nutter to rearviewmirror.... eyes closed singing my lungs out.... when I noticed a car emergency stop in front of me... now my bike is an amsterdam special, bought second hand, rusted to fuck and a buckled back wheel from give too many people rides home on the back...

So I go into full on pedal backwards braking(Its an amsterdam bike), and manage to stop - I was so proud of myself! If it had been chilled PJ i would have been on the back of the car.... then I looked down, my back tire had folded to a 45 degree angle... hilarious... I toss the bike and keep on walking.. grooving along still... the driver is just laughing at me!!!
  • Options

I've completely forgotten that from next Thursday (the 13th) I'm off until Monday the 24th anyway - all I was thinking about was the concert but I've a whole WEEK of holidays before that :) . I'm gonna have to start drinking again :eek: still haven't had a drink since I quit the fags :o . I'm turning into a fucking nun here.

my god .... i bet tobacoo and booze sales are way down in Dublin then ;)

thats a pretty good total there missus... means you can be me a drink at least :)
  • Options
    my god .... i bet tobacoo and booze sales are way down in Dublin then ;)

thats a pretty good total there missus... means you can be me a drink at least :)
    Do I look like a fucking charity? :mad:

Start your own fund ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    now my bike is an amsterdam special, bought second hand, rusted to fuck and a buckled back wheel from give too many people rides home on the back...

God, I miss cycling...

And my own Amsterdam Special. I sold it (for a little bit more than scrap metal) before I left the country.

Good times they were, the cycling times ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    "Morning", prospective Astorians!

Jim, i'd be more than happy (:D) to swap tickets with you if you want to be on the balcony.

And another question on the whole camera issue - if anyone has ever had a camera confiscated at a gig - can you get it back at the end?
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    It's gonna be weird meeting up with all the message board peeps, but I'm well up for that. I'll see you all at 3ish!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Krist Mace wrote:
    It's gonna be weird meeting up with all the message board peeps, but I'm well up for that. I'll see you all at 3ish!

Yeah it will be strange. Note to all axe murderers, plesae refrain from your killing spree until after the gig!
  • Options
    "Morning", prospective Astorians!

Jim, i'd be more than happy (:D) to swap tickets with you if you want to be on the balcony.

Jim will only swap if its both of us... so we are meeting up anyhow and Jim has given me his mobile to get him on the day... that way we can swap.

:cool:
  • Options
    That's cool. Just PM'd him
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627

fuckin hell helen, i aint even got that much cash for my US trip
    for the summer!!!

classmate has crazy mary blaring out of computer now......im so
    so sad!!

tho rumours abound for a slane headline slot.....nice but i'd prefer
    marley park gig!!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    And another question on the whole camera issue - if anyone has ever had a camera confiscated at a gig - can you get it back at the end?

I've had mine taken off me once. I got given a receipt with a number on it so I could collect it after the gig. Was all fine, had to queue up to get it back but no probs whatsoever. Can't for the life of me remember what the venue was though.
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    rumours abound for a slane headline slot.....nice but i'd prefer
    marley park gig!!

I hate to say it, but ever since the leeds/reading shows have been announced, and the moratorium on festival shows apparently lifted, there might be some truth in the slane rumour. I really hope not.
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    That's cool. Just PM'd him

PM received thanks mate, great to get this sorted so quickly!! Dunk has got my mob so it'll be easy to meet on the day, my girlfriend says she'll be able to get out from work earlier than planned so we'll be there easily for 3pm now. We're meeting up with some old friends before the gig so I don't think I'll be able to join you all in the pub, but it makes sense for me to come and find you in there for swapsies :)
  • Options
    I love it when a plan comes together....
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but ever since the leeds/reading shows have been announced, and the moratorium on festival shows apparently lifted, there might be some truth in the slane rumour. I really hope not.

I kinda like Slane. Marley Park's a great intimate yet big enough little place. Probably not big enough for PJ though :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I love it when a plan comes together....
    Woo :) so I got company downstairs then so :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life