Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Nae luck, if your no fast yer last!!
  • Options
    Fuck cameras.... do they allow broadswords???

I'm up for kicking the fuck out of touts... but they work in gangs... technically you;re messing with Tony Soprano.. You really fancy it?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Fuck cameras.... do they allow broadswords???

I'm up for kicking the fuck out of touts... but they work in gangs... technically you;re messing with Tony Soprano.. You really fancy it?

Think of it as saving a damsel in distress. I'd also be getting the drinks in.

The Astroria has been taunting me since last Friday. Have to walk past it tonight (twice) as going to a bar on the Charing Cross Road :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    London may be big...... but Tony Soprano saying "Where;s those cunts in the kilts" makes it seem a tad smaller....
  • Options
    "over 70% of the SAS are Scottish, and that's a fact....coz we're hard bastards"

Enough said.
  • Options
    London may be big...... but Tony Soprano saying "Where;s those cunts in the kilts" makes it seem a tad smaller....

Ah well I'll just have to try and meet you guys for a drink before hand :)

Will chat to the touts and see what they are charging but am not hopeful. Think there will be loads of us outside wanting to buy tickets.
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    I Scot ID wrote:
    "over 70% of the SAS are Scottish, and that's a fact....coz we're hard bastards"

Enough said.

or too pished to know the difference!!!!

im gonna be near norwich area from the monday
    and its 2hrs train journey from london.....so i
    might try the old touts....tho i fuckin hate em the
    shower of monet grabbing fuckwits!!! used em only
    once b4, over 2 yrs ago for MADNESS in dublin, was
    craicin gig!!

what the name of the pub?!! what st it and astoria on??!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Well cheerio for now. Hope you all have good evenings.

I'm off to the Charing Cross Road. Will give the Astoria a wave for you all as I walk past. It doesn't know what it's in for!
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    fuck im freakin out bout this gig and being ticketless!!!

any idea how many from this board will be headin who
    are in the same bout??
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    OffRamp wrote:
    Good call. I'm going to stay there as well with my girlfriend. 19th and 20th.

I'm Mark, 30, from Aberdeen, been to 4 PJ shows, will be wearing a beanie no doubt, but not a kilt.

It's going to be the official hotel of PJ in London at this rate....my girl and I are booked in there too.

Coming across on the train from Cardiff.....this'll be my second PJ show and her first. Was stuck in the seats at the back of Manchester Arena last time so this will be quite different.

Our tickets showed up about an hour ago.....I can finally relax in the knowledge that its all going to plan now :-)

I like the Astoria, been there once before for Hundred Reasons. the sound is ace and the stage is high enough that even shortarses like myself can see if they're downstairs.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    the beautiful yellow tickets have arrived safely :D
    Less than 15 days now people!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    blue_rain wrote:

wooo now i can start to believe it :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    blue_rain wrote:

are they the ticketmaster or seetickets ones?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jesus.. every time i go offline to catch a plane or something.... I get roped into something!!!!

whatever S&M bondage stuff you get up to is your own business... just dont share it with the group next time ;)

p.s. do you use nylon rope or a wool blend... just that i find the nylon can dig in a wee bit :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Sorry guys i'm back now, was busy roping up a friend, a wee bit of light s&m if you know what i mean.
  • Options
    Everybody received there tickets yet? Im starting to get a tad worried now
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Nope, not recieved mine yet .................eeek
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    glad its not only me then...just don't trust seetickets...is it only me?
  • Options
    robblerobble Posts: 63
    got mine delivered yesterday by a man shouting "ive got tickets for ye" in the thick belfast accent. whats the plan for london? i can't be arsed to search through the last few pages to find out if theres a pit meet up
    Astoria 20-4-06, Dublin 23-8-06, London 18-06-07
    It's A Right Royal Cockney Barrel Of Monkeys
    All Monkfish Great And Small
  • Options
    robble wrote:
    got mine delivered yesterday by a man shouting "ive got tickets for ye" in the thick belfast accent. whats the plan for london? i can't be arsed to search through the last few pages to find out if theres a pit meet up

that's why the first post keeps getting updated :D
    meet up at the royal george pub (right next to the astoria) before the gig...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

• Options
    i've not recieved mine yet
    or my mum's not told me they've arrived.....

now i;m worried....
  • Options
    i've not recieved mine yet
    or my mum's not told me they've arrived.....

now i;m worried....

give it a couple more days... i'm sure you'll get your tickets!
    the royal mail isn't exactly famous for being quick...
    ~~~

• Options
    defstevedefsteve Posts: 77

Hahah.

One idea is to pretend we are all in London for the annual 'office cleaning awards'. That is why we all have a broom.

But...and this is the smart part, when we see the touts the brooms mysteriously get cut in half and we are now 'bo-handled ninjas' seeking to kick some toutarse and rob all their tickets :)
    1992 - 3/2 Southend Esplanade, 4/2 London Borderline, 21/2 Manchester International II, 25/2 Nottingham Rock City, 26/2 Birmingham Edwards No.8, 27/2 Bradford Queens Hall, 28/2 London ULU, 6/6 London Finsbury Park
    2000 - 4/6 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2006 - 20/4 London Astoria, 25/8 Leeds Festival
    2009 - 17/8 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2010 - 25/6 Hard Rock Calling
    2012 - 20/6 Manchester Arena, 21/6 Manchester Arena, EV 28/7 Manchester Apollo
    2014 - 8/7 Leeds Arena, 11/7 Milton Keynes
    2018 - 18/6 London O2 Arena, 19/6 London O2 Arena, 14/7 NOS Alive
    2022 - 8/7 Hyde Park, 9/7 Hyde Park
  • Options
    defsteve wrote:
    Hahah.

One idea is to pretend we are all in London for the annual 'office cleaning awards'. That is why we all have a broom.

But...and this is the smart part, when we see the touts the brooms mysteriously get cut in half and we are now 'bo-handled ninjas' seeking to kick some toutarse and rob all their tickets :)

Have you been drinking?
  • Options
    two weeks today.... yee-fucking-ha!!!!!
  • Options
    seagullsseagulls Posts: 7
    Hey guys,

haven't received my tickets just yet, but was wondering for those that have received tickets off of ticketmaster, did anyone have to sign for the tickets when they were delivered?? My post is delivered to a communal foyer thing in our apartment block, and i don't want the tickets to be nicked!!
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    got my tix yesterday as well...during my afternoon nap. ticketmaster ones but i swear i had a seetickets text message telling me of the tickets going to be delivered which i deleted already. dont quite undstand that one...dont matter. block row seats 38-39. ????anyone kno where that is?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    did you have to sign for the tickets?
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    yeah u absolutely have to sign. i live in uni accom and usually the uni people will sign off for us then have them delivered. but in this case they called me to come down and sign it.

'mandatory signature required'
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    glad to hear that!! i was just a bit worried that someone else in my apartment building would sign for them and stick em on EBAY!! totally paranoid, but so excited abotu this gig, don't want anything to screw it up!!

will feel a lot better once those tickets are in my hands!!