Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hmmm.... best not share those kind of tricks from prison!
  • Options
    I can't I blocked them out to save the mental scarring..... the kilt still has stains tho
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    OK - I won't ask you to smuggle in my camera. I don't want to be the cause of deeper mental problems!
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    Ok, big deep breath.

Sorry guys, i would like to day ive been busy but....well it's certain type of busy ;-)

All i can say is wow, this is gonna be a riot! We have people from Iceland now. Awesome.

No worries for cameras, Neil and I will have that sussed....unless we get some "interested" female security guard that is willing to search a bit higher!

Good idea for the blog neil, i'm still gonna kill you though!! For the record, i didn't post that pic nor did i post the message....i have however no argument against the indian boy reference....I can be called Mowgli or Fraser, whichever you choose haha.

I've lost my 12 year old red/white/blue wristband so might try and get a new one, it was rank anayway.
  • Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Hello all, thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. I got tickets and its my first fucking show!!!!!!!! Been trying to get to see this band for the last 15 years, but for one reason or another never succeeded, and I don't feel guilty in the slightest.

Me and the missus are travelling down on the Megabus ! :D for a tenner each return from birmingham. We decided to pay a little bit extra for a hotel and treated ourselves to http://www.stgiles.com/londonhotel/london_hotel_rooms.html its not the Savoy but it's in spitting distance of the Astoria, which by the way looks like a cosy little place for a first PJ gig.

WWS will be the opener mark my words.

Good call. I'm going to stay there as well with my girlfriend. 19th and 20th.

I'm Mark, 30, from Aberdeen, been to 4 PJ shows, will be wearing a beanie no doubt, but not a kilt.

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    we have 7 people entered on our blog:

http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com

PM Me, Blue_rain, dunk, chumfatty, I Scot ID, psycosmic or einatshaul for access details......

nice one.. ill be happy to post there. ure turning out to be a pretty good admin after all.. ;)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    that's good to know :)

"ohhh i... i'm still alive
    i... i'm still alive
    i... i'm still alive... yeaahhhh"

*cough*
    sorry, i'm a bit hoarse...
    i speak a bit of hebrew,enough to get by.
    COYS!
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    My latest dilemma I want to share with you;
    Do I make a collection of PJ favourites to hear on the flight over, or do I make a traditional UK collection (Blur, Beatles, Oasis, Suede, Radiohead etc.) ??
    hmmmm….
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    einatshaul wrote:
    My latest dilemma I want to share with you;
    Do I make a collection of PJ favourites to hear on the flight over, or do I make a traditional UK collection (Blur, Beatles, Oasis, Suede, Radiohead etc.) ??
    hmmmm….

lol..dont kill urself with PJ. id bring a good variety...not necessarily UK.. trust me the average Brit isnt what u might gather from those bands u mentioned. You'll understand.. ;)
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    shahril wrote:
    lol..dont kill urself with PJ.

is that even possible :)

i'm listening to PJ all the way down on the train... no live stuff just obscurish album tracks and stuff... mostly lost dogs... just to get me in the mood :)

as if i need to get in the mood for PJ :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    shahril wrote:
    trust me the average Brit isnt what u might gather from those bands u mentioned. You'll understand.. ;)

He isn't? Just kiddin'… that's just some of my favourite British music that puts me in the mood for the streets of London… (As opposed to Seattle). I don't tend to reduce people down to averages, specially after getting to know so many individuals on this forum! :)
    (no tipical PJ's)
  • Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427
    anyone else suffering insomnia ? .........am so high I can´t seem to land :D
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    Insomnia to the max!!
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Insomnia to the max!!

so... we´ll be like zombies on the 20´th ;)
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Insomnia to the max!!

haha same here. i'll be so tired by the time the show comes round iu'll probably sleep right through it!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Haha, i'll be far from zombified on the 20th, i might need something to calm me down.
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Haha, i'll be far from zombified on the 20th, i might need something to calm me down.

well, I think I need something to calm me down right now. Maybe I should stay of the stuff ? Especially when driving.....it´s hard to keep to the road...
    .....and my face is about to crack at the seems from all the grinning....and my family are soooo sick of me swearing and going like "fuck....listen to that!!!!!!"
    a hundred times a day.......... ;)
  • Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    10c just told me that the reserved area is in the balcony, meaning we won't get down the front.

Can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

No digital cameras either, disposable only.

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    I've just got my tickets through from Ticketmaster and they're "downstairs standing", I was hoping to get balcony tickets as my girlfriend's short and not going to enjoy it down below. If anyone has balcony tickets and would rather be downstairs, I'll be more than happy to meet up and swap on the day :)
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    I've just got my tickets through from Ticketmaster and they're "downstairs standing", I was hoping to get balcony tickets as my girlfriend's short and not going to enjoy it down below. If anyone has balcony tickets and would rather be downstairs, I'll be more than happy to meet up and swap on the day :)

i've got one balcony ticket that i could swap... sorry just the one though... but let me know if you want to
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    OffRamp wrote:
    10c just told me that the reserved area is in the balcony, meaning we won't get down the front.

Can't decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Tickets to PJ - always a good thing :)

Take dunky's ticket - there were a few others saying they'd like to be downstairs. I think wolfamongwolves has an upstairs ticket he'd want to swap too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    i've got one balcony ticket that i could swap... sorry just the one though... but let me know if you want to

Excellent that sounds good, is that a 10c ticket or normal? I obviously need to get 2 of the same as to not have to sit in different areas!
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    Excellent that sounds good, is that a 10c ticket or normal? I obviously need to get 2 of the same as to not have to sit in different areas!

yep... its a normal upstairs ticket... and Wolf has an upstairs ticket and he'll swap... it means you can be together as its General Access Upstairs tickets.. no pre-designated seats or anything... we're all meeting at the George pub on the afternoon of the gig... if you want to i'll swap you there (and presumably Wolf will as well) :)
  • Options
    OffRamp wrote:

at least they are allowing cameras of a sort... thats not too bad...
  • Options
    yep... its a normal upstairs ticket... and Wolf has an upstairs ticket and he'll swap... it means you can be together as its General Access Upstairs tickets.. no pre-designated seats or anything... we're all meeting at the George pub on the afternoon of the gig... if you want to i'll swap you there (and presumably Wolf will as well) :)

Oh ok that sounds good then, could you post in the thread I've made and hopefully wolf will see it as well. I was thinking it would be easier if I found someone with 2 x balcony but it seems you guys are all good mates so it should be just as easy :)
  • Options
    at least they are allowing cameras of a sort... thats not too bad...
    Jesus, we'd complain about anything here. Of COURSE it's not too bad - it'll do like. Ya can get some pretty decent disposable cameras. Besides I still haven't figured out how to use my digicam and if I brought it i'd only lose it :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Jesus, we'd complain about anything here. Of COURSE it's not too bad - it'll do like. Ya can get some pretty decent disposable cameras. Besides I still haven't figured out how to use my digicam and if I brought it i'd only lose it :o

oh definitely... i'm actually more than happy with a disposable camera.. for the same reasons as you. i'd lose the digital if i had it... thats for sure :(

i once bought a disposable that only did black and white photos... it was pretty cool and the lights didnt affect the quality of the image to much... plus we can all scan them in and share them around can't we :cool:
  • Options
    plus we can all scan them in and share them around can't we :cool:

Lol yes of course we can :rolleyes: . That's why there are so many pictures of me floating around - cos it's absolutely no problem for me to scan in stuff :rolleyes:

Black and white sounds pretty good - maybe I'll bring two, BW and colour but that means I'd have to bring a bag and I'll lose that too :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Lol yes of course we can :rolleyes: . That's why there are so many pictures of me floating around - cos it's absolutely no problem for me to scan in stuff :rolleyes:

Black and white sounds pretty good - maybe I'll bring two, BW and colour but that means I'd have to bring a bag and I'll lose that too :rolleyes:

are you on a Sponsored Take the Piss out of Dunk day or something :)

i'm bringing 2 as well now... just in case only half of them are good pics on each camera, then i'll have a good complete set.

i'm talking jibberish today as its only 2 weeks 1 day to go :eek:

tomorrow it;ll be 2 weeks and the day after it'll be 1 week 6 days and the day after........... you get the point :D
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    tomorrow it;ll be 2 weeks and the day after it'll be 1 week 6 days and the day after........... you get the point :D

I know exactly what you mean :)

I say things like that too and it drives people mad! I also do it afterwards, like "it was only yesterday... it was only 3 days ago.... 6 days ago it was only 4 hours until" etc etc etc ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun