Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    are they the ticketmaster or seetickets ones?

ticketmaster.
    14 days!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    blue_rain wrote:
    ticketmaster.
    14 days!

:eek: 14 days i know...

if my stiffy doesnt go away then i'm in danger of not getting on the train due to me being a fainting hazard :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    seagulls wrote:
    i was just a bit worried that someone else in my apartment building would sign for them and stick em on EBAY!! totally paranoid, but so excited abotu this gig, don't want anything to screw it up!!

THAT is paranoia. lol
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    ‘Ain't that right Neil? Go on, you know you want to spend the entire concert with us on your shoulders!’

LMAO… ah I haven’t seen one of those pyramids in a while.

‘And are the ticketless welcome?’

I think even the homeless are welcome :D . We’re not a fussy lot – the more the merrier.

‘cant we just all gang up on the touts and batter the fuck out of them and hand out free tickets to folk’

I think this is a wonderful idea :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    ‘front row is reserved for the girls from the meet-up’

I like the sound of that but do you think maybe the other 1570 there might have other ideas? :o

‘yeah u absolutely have to sign.’

:o Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Why do they make it so hard to get fucking tickets? :eek: There’s nobody AT my house in the day to sign??? :mad: This is fucking ridiculous. I’m gonna have to get my neighbour to go and collect them when they finally arrive :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    ‘front row is reserved for the girls from the meet-up’

Who said that?! I love you forever!...
    and I'm 1.63 m'
  • Options
    londonrockslondonrocks Posts: 177
    my ticketmaster tickets arrived yesterday - they did have to be signed for at the door.

am starting to get quite excited now!
  • Options
    Stop talking about tickets arriving....

My parents are away for the weekend, and I won't find out they;ve arrived till monday!
  • Options
    We have about 10 people introduced on the blog now....

http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/

IM any of the peopele up there for the password and add your details!!!

I'm back in amsterdam, so my online-ness will be slightly less sporadic, and I can kick shit out of I Scot ID as and when he says stuff....
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    are they the ticketmaster or seetickets ones?
    Judging by the ebay photos they're Mean Fiddler tickets.

Oh man, I don't get the joy of getting tickets. I get the anxiety of waiting in the queue ticketless in the faith that 10c aren't lying about the emails they sent me. :p
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    I was so disapponted with my ticket for the SECC in 2000.. it just used a generic SECC ticket.... in saying that I had waited so long to hold a pearl jam ticket in my hand that even a hologram of the band playing Flower of scotland eminating from the ticket wouldn;t be enough.....
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    ‘And are the ticketless welcome?’

I think even the homeless are welcome :D . We’re not a fussy lot – the more the merrier.

‘cant we just all gang up on the touts and batter the fuck out of them and hand out free tickets to folk’

I think this is a wonderful idea :)

Thank you :D If I manage to leave work early I will come by and say hi as long as you haven't all already debunked to queue :)

If you do manage to get some tickets from the touts hang onto one for me ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Hey guys, keep adding your profiles to the blog that ScotInAmsterdam posted...it's cool seeing who'll be at the show!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    seagullsseagulls Posts: 7
    I think the ticketmaster tickets are delivered using SMS delivery. If you aren't there to sign for the tickets then you have to phone them up and arrange another date for delivery!!

Apparently they tried to deliver mine this morning, have rearranged for Saturday!!

Will be well chuffed once they are in my hand
  • Options
    According to someone on the Porch, seetickets send tickets out by regular post so I should be ok :o . BUT according to the ticket tracker - they still haven't got them in stock yet :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I think this may just count for Cardiff but if I'm ever receiving tickets from either SeeTickets or Ticketmaster, if the total is more than £50 they always come via a courier service called Special Mail which you do have to sign for.

According to the confirmation I had on Ticketmaster, the promoters are directly responsible for printing the tickets so I imagine the SeeTickets folk will have them soon enough.

My Snow Patrol tickets were delivered about 3 days after the SeeTickets tracker said they had gone to the couriers.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    :eek: to the power of 10,937,937

on the new Astoria blog that ScotInAm set up i came across the nugget of delight from Given-to-fly. its the only blog entry withoot a picture as well :rolleyes: how typical ;)

i'm 22, live in bristol and was born in portsmouth. i finished a psychology degree here last year and am now working as a freelance model. i also work part time as a stripper. yes, i do sometimes dance to pearl jam ;) i'm planning on moving to london sometime in the next few months.

this is gonna be the best PJ gig ever ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    :eek: to the power of 10,937,937

on the new Astoria blog that ScotInAm set up i came across the nugget of delight from Given-to-fly

this is gonna be the best PJ gig ever ;)

:eek: Jaysus everyone's gone mental. Am I the only one with any sanity left? Although maybe it's me who's mental - maybe I'm imagining all this stuff :o

I need something to eat :eek:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    psycosmic wrote:
    nah, i actually enjoyed reading the link you gave us... and i understand most of it...

glad you enjoyed the link. was sent it by friend who laughs at me when i'm talking to my sister and my accent completly changes to Scots.

if people meet us together for the first time they don't believe we're sisters as i have a bland English accent and she has a broad Scottish accent :D

looks like you can use the Astoria meetup at the George as a language class ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Although maybe it's me who's mental

at last.... you recognise whats been staring at you for months :)
  • Options
    I don't wanna ruin any plans or anything...

but isn't 3pm a little late to be meeting up? Maybe i'm just over-excited but i was gonna go to the Astoria and start queuing up from about 2pm-ish! I know, it'd be a long wait but it's my first show and i wanna get up close!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I don't wanna ruin any plans or anything...

but isn't 3pm a little late to be meeting up? Maybe i'm just over-excited but i was gonna go to the Astoria and start queuing up from about 2pm-ish! I know, it'd be a long wait but it's my first show and i wanna get up close!

you do that... it makes it easier to get to the bar at the George then ;)

some of us dont get into london until 2ish... i'm only gonna queue at around 5.30ish... no point in standing around thats my opinion anyway... it wont take that long to get 1500 people into a gig... i queued for about 15 mins at the Kings of Leon at SECC... 8000 people there or something... i was about 6 rows from the front in the end :)
  • Options
    you do that... it makes it easier to get to the bar at the George then ;)

some of us dont get into london until 2ish... i'm only gonna queue at around 5.30ish... no point in standing around thats my opinion anyway... it wont take that long to get 1500 people into a gig... i queued for about 15 mins at the Kings of Leon at SECC... 8000 people there or something... i was about 6 rows from the front in the end :)

Ahh ok, i'm just not used to all this preparation and stuff...i'm far too excited to be thinking straight! I'm just hoping for a good view!

• Options
    So where exactly is this meet up and at what time? Did you decide on The George Pub?
    How exactly are we gonna know who the Pearl Jam message board peeps are? I'm gonna feel like a cock if i walk over to a massive group of people who aren't from the board and say "Yo, i'm ellie_vedder" hahaha.
    I'll wear a sticker saying "Ellie_vedder" and then you can all come and buy me drinks. Deal? :p
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • Options
    So where exactly is this meet up and at what time? Did you decide on The George Pub?
    How exactly are we gonna know who the Pearl Jam message board peeps are? I'm gonna feel like a cock if i walk over to a massive group of people who aren't from the board and say "Yo, i'm ellie_vedder" hahaha.
    I'll wear a sticker saying "Ellie_vedder" and then you can all come and buy me drinks. Deal? :p

You stole my idea!!!

• Options

go to the first post on this humungous thread... all meet details are being kept up to date with our fabulous admin + thread startee Neil (ScotInAmsterdam)

all the details are there.. he has a blog set up with some pics of people so we can tell who is who on the day... efficient huh?
  • Options
    Well since i came up with it first and am the brainy one, you can buy me a drink and i'll let you have a sticker too! hahaha.
  • Options
    Well since i came up with it first and am the brainy one, you can buy me a drink and i'll let you have a sticker too! hahaha.

i'm a gin and tonic man (let the mocking begin) so i expect a double G&T first!

• Options
    Alright, i'll buy you a double D&T if you buy me a double Martini and Diet Coke!!!

Not gonna get too pissed before hand though, need to remember this!!!
    Plus if i do get drunk i'll try and jump Eddie or something. :p
  • Options
    Alright, i'll buy you a double D&T if you buy me a double Martini and Diet Coke!!!

Not gonna get too pissed before hand though, need to remember this!!!
    Plus if i do get drunk i'll try and jump Eddie or something. :p

lol we've all had those ideas before...don't think Ed would be too impressed.

Double Martini and Diet Coke...i'll write that down.
    I've never understood those who wanna get hammered before a show...i wouldn't remember anything about the night if i was too drunk!