Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    lol we've all had those ideas before...don't think Ed would be too impressed.

Double Martini and Diet Coke...i'll write that down.
    I've never understood those who wanna get hammered before a show...i wouldn't remember anything about the night if i was too drunk!
    My friend who is coming with me, sent me a text last night saying "Ellie, lets write 'Pearl' on one boob and 'jam' on the other and give them a good flashing!" muhahaha.
    I'd be gutted if i got wasted at a show, i'd probably love the show but not being able to remember it the next day would be awful. Specially at a Pearl Jam show, who are my god damn favourite band in the world ever. I will drink enough that I will sing loudly and jump around and generally love it i think :)
    *Saw things clearer, once you were in my rearviewmirror*
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I've never understood those who wanna get hammered before a show...i wouldn't remember anything about the night if i was too drunk!

me too!! why pay £30 to stagger around a venue singing at the top of your head pissing people off... thats why pubs have jukeboxes :)

i like to have maybe 3 or 4 limb looseners... so i can get my groove on... and get fully into the music.

i keep repeating it to people at work today (who couldnt give a shit ) thats its "2 weeks today" :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I Scot IDI Scot ID Posts: 275
    :eek: Jaysus everyone's gone mental. Am I the only one with any sanity left? Although maybe it's me who's mental - maybe I'm imagining all this stuff :o

I've never been sane!
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    My friend who is coming with me, sent me a text last night saying "Ellie, lets write 'Pearl' on one boob and 'jam' on the other and give them a good flashing!" muhahaha.
    I'd be gutted if i got wasted at a show, i'd probably love the show but not being able to remember it the next day would be awful. Specially at a Pearl Jam show, who are my god damn favourite band in the world ever. I will drink enough that I will sing loudly and jump around and generally love it i think :)

I won't have to be drunk to sing loudly and jump around lol! But, as long as everyone is having a good time in their own way...who am i to judge!!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    me too!! why pay £30 to stagger around a venue singing at the top of your head pissing people off... thats why pubs have jukeboxes :)

i like to have maybe 3 or 4 limb looseners... so i can get my groove on... and get fully into the music.

i keep repeating it to people at work today (who couldnt give a shit ) thats its "2 weeks today" :eek:

ahh i know how you feel, i keep saying it to my mum and she doesn't give a monkey's nutsack.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    You know, refering back to my saying i won't have a clue who the board members group is in this pub... someone should make a little sign saying "Pearl Jam Message Pit members are here" or something. Or someone can just look out for two girls who look lost and slightly confused :p
  • Options
    You know, refering back to my saying i won't have a clue who the board members group is in this pub... someone should make a little sign saying "Pearl Jam Message Pit members are here" or something. Or someone can just look out for two girls who look lost and slightly confused :p

there are gonna be Scotsmen in kilts... thats all you need to know to find us all :)

that and Irish people wearing green things
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

Well i'm sure ScotInAmsterdam will be one of the first to arrive, so whoever gets there first should get a couple of tables and make a sign, like you said. I don't even know where this pub is, i'll be lucky to make it!

• Options

It's standard issue to have a P on one cheek and a J on the other when wearing the kilt at a Pearl Jam gig....oh, sorry folks...expect to see my ass a good few times.
  • Options
    andshewasandshewas Posts: 31
    oh man I can't wait!! it is going to go off!!!!
  • Options
    andshewas wrote:
    oh man I can't wait!! it is going to go off!!!!

what?... I Scot Id's ass :D
  • Options
    there are gonna be Scotsmen in kilts... thats all you need to know to find us all :)

that and Irish people wearing green things
    hahaha. Cool. I'm gonna look out for a bunch of maniacs in short. :P
    Sadly i will look very normal, i won't be wearing anything special or have anything specially distinctive about me....
    I'll probably be around by about 3, wanna have a couple of hours to chill before the show :)
    Any plans for after? I expect after will be the point at which i begin getting wasted and singing PJ loudly through the streets of London!!!
  • Options
    It's likely that i'll be one of the first at the pub! No change there then. I'm at stansted at 11:30 so depending on the connections to the centre i'll be kicking around at about 1pm.

The question is: do i wear the kilt on the plane? Dunk?
  • Options
    Any plans for after? I expect after will be the point at which i begin getting wasted and singing PJ loudly through the streets of London!!!

i think thats the plan... i'm definitely up for a few scoops with fellow fans...

and i'm more than happy with the singing loudly part...
  • Options
    hahaha. Cool. I'm gonna look out for a bunch of maniacs in short. :P
    Sadly i will look very normal, i won't be wearing anything special or have anything specially distinctive about me....
    I'll probably be around by about 3, wanna have a couple of hours to chill before the show :)

Don't worry....we'll just shove u in a dumpster somewhere and let you sleep it off! hehe

I'll be wearing my fav PJ shirt...the cream bootleg-writing one with the handwritten setlists on the back.

• Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504

have a look here, ellie
    http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/

if you want to add something yourself feel free to pm me or anyone who's signed up there for the login...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    I'll be wearing my fav PJ shirt...the cream bootleg-writing one with the handwritten setlists on the back.

Got that t-shirt too, belter!

For the record i'm gonna get trashed after the gig.
  • Options
    I already added myself thanks!
    I'm super excited right now! I think after, we should unleash some Pearl Jam on London and party. Well if anyone is up for doing it let me know, my friend and i are out for an all nighter! :-D
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Got that t-shirt too, belter!

For the record i'm gonna get trashed after the gig.

lol good good!
    My girlfriend and I are staying with my aunt...she's moving into a new house on the 19th, somewhere near Oxford i think?? We'd love to go out afterwards but when is the last tube running? If we miss the last train back to her house we're stuck in London centre all night!

• Options
    lol good good!
    My girlfriend and I are staying with my aunt...she's moving into a new house on the 19th, somewhere near Oxford i think?? We'd love to go out afterwards but when is the last tube running? If we miss the last train back to her house we're stuck in London centre all night!

Oh naw, tragic!! Having to stay with some other PJ fans for a night of partying. Don't worry about the last tube thing.
  • Options
    Well if anyone is up for doing it let me know, my friend and i are out for an all nighter! :-D

well i speak for myself (although my countrymen will concur) that it would be inevitable that i will be doing an all nighter... i booked a travelodge room but i needn't have bothered... London has 24 hour drinking in some places doesnt it :)
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    Oh naw, tragic!! Having to stay with some other PJ fans for a night of partying. Don't worry about the last tube thing.

So where is everyone else stayin' after the gig? We're poor uni students, can't afford to stay in a hotel for the night!

• Options
    Yuo bastards... talking about tickets.. I got so fucking paranoid... All i had was a reference number... in the excitemnt, I didnlt even know who I;d go thru to on the phone or what credit card I'd paid with... when I tried to track my order online... no combination was recognised on either ticketmaster or see.... so I phoned up...

explained tot he girl I just wanted to check, cos I was so excited and had forgot everything... she was laughing at me in a "how cute" kind of way..... she sounded sexy.... maybe I'll try the 11yr old westlife fan look more often on the future and start stalking call centre girlsss
  • Options
    well i speak for myself (although my countrymen will concur) that it would be inevitable that i will be doing an all nighter... i booked a travelodge room but i needn't have bothered... London has 24 hour drinking in some places doesnt it :)
    Yeah we're meant to be staying at my mates brothers house, but were gonna stay out as late as poss drinking and partying! I'd assume it has places with a 24 hour license...
  • Options
    So where is everyone else stayin' after the gig? We're poor uni students, can't afford to stay in a hotel for the night!

i got me a double room for £26 at the Farringdon... sweeeeet
  • Options
    Yuo bastards... talking about tickets.. I got so fucking paranoid... All i had was a reference number... in the excitemnt, I didnlt even know who I;d go thru to on the phone or what credit card I'd paid with... when I tried to track my order online... no combination was recognised on either ticketmaster or see.... so I phoned up...

explained tot he girl I just wanted to check, cos I was so excited and had forgot everything... she was laughing at me in a "how cute" kind of way..... she sounded sexy.... maybe I'll try the 11yr old westlife fan look more often on the future and start stalking call centre girlsss

you're a lonely guy, aren't you.

hehe can't fault the methods though.....i bet others will try that now!

• Options

are there any rooms left by now?

• Options
    Jeez! That's cheap! Where did you book that from? Everywhere we initially looked at was about £80!
    Not that we need a hotel but more out of interest...
  • Options
    I Scot ID wrote:
    It's likely that i'll be one of the first at the pub! No change there then. I'm at stansted at 11:30 so depending on the connections to the centre i'll be kicking around at about 1pm.

The question is: do i wear the kilt on the plane? Dunk?

i've worn one on the plane a few times but it was in gangs of stag-doers... which is easier

i'm in the same predicament... do i wear it all the way doon in the train or hump it about in a bag until i get there!!! then i'll have to walk through the middle of london on my own wearing an extremely old and tatty kilt... even the beggars will be throwing me pennies :)

i just dont know Fraser.. :confused:
  • Options
    are there any rooms left by now?

nope.... i posted the link on here straight away after i had booked and i hope some people got the benefit of it... its http://www.travelodge.co.uk and they do these £26 saver rooms you pay in advance..

i looked the other day but they had put them all back up to £66... :( .... must have had a flurry of bookings that weekend... i think about half of the postees on this thread are staying there :)