Options

Astorians with tickets

Comments

• Options
    I've updated the first post with "decisions" this way we can get onto more important issues such as dress code, wristbands, logos, T Shirts... etc.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I've updated the first post with "decisions" this way we can get onto more important issues such as dress code, wristbands, logos, T Shirts... etc.

surely the dress code for the women will be flimsy and transparent.. :p

i'm organising a kilt (if my pal lets me borrow it)... i'll be wearing regulation PJ red white and blue wristband....

ah fuck folk will know its me... theres only about 4 or 5 scottish guys going and i just look like a Dunk kinda bloke... i have mental pictures of everyone else so far but I must stress all the ladies in my prophetic vision are big of busom and loose of morals :) so....... am i right so far :)

does this pub sell Guinness... i needs me Guinness Olivsks...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    surely the dress code for the women will be flimsy and transparent.. :p

Sorry to disappoint, but my standard gig gear is combat trousers... Not the camouflaged ones, but ladies-trousers-with-pockets. That way, I don't need to bring a handbag! Ha! ;-)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427

Great, ScotinAm :)

as for site, there seems to be no telling how long it´ll take before
    my host is up and running again :( ......geez, what a nightmare for them...huh...so maybe this blog idea is a better option after all ?
    or maybe it´s sufficient to keep updating the first post...
    I really dunno anymore.....in total limbo.... ;)

blah..... :D
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    Since the other website is down.... I've made a quick blog...

We can each use an entry to introduce ourselves and show a photo. If you want to the password... send me an IM or my email if you know it:

http://pjlondonastoria2006.blogspot.com/

Afterwards, we can use the same space to upload photos and fan views or whatever...
  • Options
    Wow... at this rate we're all going to end up like this in The George: http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/4112/clip56va.jpg
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

i'm organising a kilt (if my pal lets me borrow it)... i'll be wearing regulation PJ red white and blue wristband....
    Sorry but no way I'm wearing a red white & blue anything :eek:

Out of protest I shall be wearing a green wristband :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    pinonpinon Posts: 427
    Since the other website is down.... I've made a quick blog...

We can each use an entry to introduce ourselves and show a photo. If you want to the password... send me an IM or my email if you know it:

Afterwards, we can use the same space to upload photos and fan views or whatever...

Great !!!!!!! THX !!!!!!!!!! ah phew..... this is much better anyway.... :D
    Life is too serious to be taken seriously
  • Options
    Sorry but no way I'm wearing a red white & blue anything :eek:

Out of protest I shall be wearing a green wristband :cool:

haaa haa i never thought about that... :D

you do that.. Green Queen :p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Wow... at this rate we're all going to end up like this in The George: http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/4112/clip56va.jpg

its a great pic innit :cool:

i was going to do a thread offering eddie and boys come and meet us all at the George ... fuck, even as a tight fisted Scotsman i'd buy them a drink!!

so you guys in the band and accompanying entourage are most welcome to join us ;)

just mind and PM one uf us to let us know eh?
  • Options
    its a great pic innit :cool:
    jeff looks like mel brooks
    i was going to do a thread offering eddie and boys come and meet us all at the George ...
    the more the merrier. tell them to bring their guitars and we'll just do the show there...
  • Options
    get in touch with Neil (Scot_In_Am) and update the blog... tis a good idea i tells ya

• Options
    jeff looks like mel brooks

Mike looks like he just caught whiff of Jeffs fart :)
  • Options
    Wow, dunk, you're a PJ virgin???!!!! This is going to be a helluva first show for you.
  • Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    Hey, maybe that's something we could add to this ever-growing thread.

Info on how where why etc we've seen PJ (or not).

I've been lucky enough to see them 3 times, although this was all at festivals/benefits and I'm looking forward to my first REAL show ;)

I've seen them at Pinkpop, Netherlands in 2000.
    Then at the Bridgeschool Benefit Concert in 2001 (near San Fran).
    And the Groundworks Benefit Concert in 2001 (Seattle).

Yep, I travelled all the way to the US. I was young, temping and relatively rich ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Mine is simple.. waited years and years and years, and finally they came to Scotland in 2000... so I went.

Before that I looked at lots of means of going to the US to see them... but it was always for about £1000 when I was 16 and not possible.

I don't really know why I didn't go to more gigs in 2000, probably money, uni, girlfriend issues...

This time around I will be going to as many as I can(which won't be that meny), cos I'm a traveller now, and Europe's got a lot smaller in my mind.
  • Options
    Wow, dunk, you're a PJ virgin???!!!! This is going to be a helluva first show for you.

I know... as a Pj virgin i was saving myself for something special :o:o
  • Options
    hamannhamann Posts: 6
    Me and a friend of mine are flying from Iceland to see the show, my first PJ gig and my friends first besides Roskilde 2000... Count us in for the Royal George party ;-)

Any other Icelanders here? :-)
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    i was bored so i added some links and neil's first post to the blog...

~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    Cheers - it's starting to look good!
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    i was bored so i added some links and neil's first post to the blog...

is that your zoolander pose ? :D:D
  • Options
    Me and my friend John are both going to the Astoria, fans for about 12 years – never seen them live! So the 20th is going to be something special. I’m up for meeting up in the pub before hand and chatting to fellow UK fans, as there aren’t that many in my neck of the woods (Southend). I probably will keep the beers to a minimum as I want to be 100% on the ball for the show! What time is everyone thinking of queueing? I’ll probably start early to secure a good place!
    I’ll be easy to spot cos my mate is ridiculously tall (much to the annoyance of many short people who stand behind him at gigs!) and tries to look like Morrissey, with varying degrees of success.
  • Options
    I know... as a Pj virgin i was saving myself for something special :o:o

Ooohh, I'm a virgin too :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Ooohh, I'm a virgin too :o

yeah we know about this :rolleyes: ... but is it your first PJ gig as well ;)
  • Options
    psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    is that your zoolander pose ? :D:D

it was more like "hmmm... a little bit more to the left... a bit up... is the poster in?... did i just push the button?... oh well..." :D

but now that you mention it... i once did this online thingy where you upload your pic and it tells you which celeb you resemble... i got ben stiller...
    not true, but he's a funny guy so i won't complain :D
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Me and the Missus are PJ Virgins, I have been a fan since the start, lost touch after Vitalogy then bought a Bootleg in 2000 on a whim, then had to buy NoCode - Binaural and lots more boots, then DVDs. Then got obsessed with going to see them. And now I am WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    Right this is my first ever post so, don't really know what I am doing.
    I have been Pearl Jam fan since 1991 and a 10c member for about 10 years. Managed to see them once in 2000, good show but Wembly is one of the worst venues around!
    Still can't believe I managed to get tickets for the Astoria, I was walking around in a daze for at least two days. Been to the Astoria a few times, would like to meet up before hand and meet some fans as my friends and girlfriend have never fully understood. I live near Southampton so if any anyone is jumping on the train and wants to start early I will be heading in to the smoke around midday. Other than that I will look out for posts about pubs and just turn up.
    Managed to get a ticket for Reading sunday and will be going to as many tour gigs as possible.
    Its year of the Pearl! at last.
    Wembley 29.5.2000
    Astoria 20.4.2006
    Reading 27.8.2006
    Bercy,Paris 11.9.2006
    Wembley 18.6.2006
    Shepherds Bush 11.8.2009
    O2 Arena 18.8.2009
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Wastedlife wrote:
    Right this is my first ever post so, don't really know what I am doing.
    I have been Pearl Jam fan since 1991 and a 10c member for about 10 years. Managed to see them once in 2000, good show but Wembly is one of the worst venues around!
    Still can't believe I managed to get tickets for the Astoria, I was walking around in a daze for at least two days. Been to the Astoria a few times, would like to meet up before hand and meet some fans as my friends and girlfriend have never fully understood. I live near Southampton so if any anyone is jumping on the train and wants to start early I will be heading in to the smoke around midday. Other than that I will look out for posts about pubs and just turn up.
    Managed to get a ticket for Reading sunday and will be going to as many tour gigs as possible.
    Its year of the Pearl! at last.
    I live in Soton!!!!! Good to see there's some jammers round here!
    Welcome to the board...it's fun! :D
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Hmm... accommodation reserved - a nice cheap 'hotel' in earls court :rolleyes:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Are you going to Astoria?
    Wembley 29.5.2000
    Astoria 20.4.2006