Applications for ANDROID

Comments

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Thanks guys.

When I've done what you say PJ_soul it says PJ Radio Alofi, Niue (Soul) so that might be what I found before.

I'll try what you say rkcndy.......
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    yay. got it, yeah, on 2nd page. PEARL JAM RADIO with the picture like Rob's avatar.

Cool. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    morello wrote:
    Thanks guys.

When I've done what you say PJ_soul it says PJ Radio Alofi, Niue (Soul) so that might be what I found before.

Whoops! Sorry, I wasn't paying attention! Glad you got to it (in case anyone else wants it, here is the proper link to add it to presets. :) ).
    http://tunein.com/radio/Pearl-Jam-Radio-s124658/
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Thanks guys.

Whoops! Sorry, I wasn't paying attention! Glad you got to it (in case anyone else wants it, here is the proper link to add it to presets. :) ).
    http://tunein.com/radio/Pearl-Jam-Radio-s124658/
    :)
    <hr>
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    81 wrote:
    pdanet

Seconded
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I like the following:
    • ColorNote - good little widget to have little post-it notes on your homescreen
    • doubleTwist - probably the best media playing app on Android
    • IMDB - A must for film info
    • NASA - you can find some interesting pics and info using it
    • Photobucket - good for uploading pics and having a link to post here
    • reddit is fun - only if you have time on your hands
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I like the following:
    • ColorNote - good little widget to have little post-it notes on your homescreen
    thanks..ill check it

any idea anyone which browser to use??

cos i need something light,so dont download +upload alot of megabite when i open a web page
    is to expensive the internet at mobile in greece
    any ideas?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I like the following:

ColorNote is AWESOME-love that I can lock notes with a password too
    I also have Handrite Free, so I can write with my finger when I'm in a hurry
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I like the following:
    thanks..ill check it

any idea anyone which browser to use??

cos i need something light,so dont download +upload alot of megabite when i open a web page
    is to expensive the internet at mobile in greece
    any ideas?
    The stock android browser should be enough for those needs. I've tried a bunch but I keep going back to that.
    RKCNDY wrote:

I like Handrite, but I didn't find myself using it too often. I use the Swype keyboard so I type pretty darned fast already.
    RKCNDY wrote:

I like Handrite, but I didn't find myself using it too often. I use the Swype keyboard so I type pretty darned fast already.
    Swype keyboard is great. I was on a friend's ipad last night & I kept wanting to swype when I was writing/typing.
    <hr>
    drivingrl wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pdanet

Seconded
    Someone explain what i do with it?
    thanks
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    drivingrl wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pdanet

Seconded
    Someone explain what i do with it?
    thanks

It allows you to use your phone as a mobile hotspot. If you're concerned about data charges its something you probably don't want. I had it on my iPhone but I also had unlimited data.
    anyone use Instagram?
    anyone use Instagram?
    I have Instagram.
    I don't use Instagram.
    morello wrote:
    Swype keyboard is great. I was on a friend's ipad last night & I kept wanting to swype when I was writing/typing.
    It's all I can use these days. I recently won an ipod touch and I absolutely hate typing on it; it's too slow for me. Half of my posts here are done with Swype, so I have a lot of experience with it. It's true there's a learning curve, but after a while it's becomes so natural. If anyone wants it on their Android phone, I recommend going to their website and signing up (it's free): http://beta.swype.com/
    morello wrote:
    It's all I can use these days. I recently won an ipod touch and I absolutely hate typing on it; it's too slow for me. Half of my posts here are done with Swype, so I have a lot of experience with it. It's true there's a learning curve, but after a while it's becomes so natural. If anyone wants it on their Android phone, I recommend going to their website and signing up (it's free): http://beta.swype.com/
    This app looks awesome, but when I try to use the installer it just spins for eternity saying it's searching for installers or something. No storage space issue. Anyone else have this problem?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    morello wrote:
    This app looks awesome, but when I try to use the installer it just spins for eternity saying it's searching for installers or something. No storage space issue. Anyone else have this problem?
    didnt download it yet.try to figure out the rest i download..lol
    :D
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    You do love a smiley face ;)

My essential apps are:

- Whatsapp - a messenger app that uses other peoples phone numbers as their usernames. If you're in my phonebook and install whatsapp, you'll automatically appear as a contact in whatsapp. Great for group messaging etc.

- photo apps: Instagram, Pixlr-o-mat, Colour Splash - all great for various effect-adding to photos.

- If you're into cars: DailyRoads Voyager acts as a dash cam. Takes video in 2 minute cycles unless you want to keep one of the vids. Torque works great with an OBDII scanner for reading ECL's and gauges etc. Fuelly is good for calculating fuel consumption.

- Swiftkey is an awesome keyboard

- Firefox browser is good if you use it at home too and want to keep all your bookmarks synced.

- other random ones: TuneIn Radio as mentioned, Wikipedia, NoLED (for notifications), RunKeeper to keep track of runs (surprisingly :lol: ), skyscanner, and the Father Ted Soundboard 8-) .

BTW, the Facebook app is atrocious, you're quicker just using the mobile site.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    You do love a smiley face ;)

My essential apps are:

- Whatsapp - a messenger app that uses other peoples phone numbers as their usernames. If you're in my phonebook and install whatsapp, you'll automatically appear as a contact in whatsapp. Great for group messaging etc.

- photo apps: Instagram, Pixlr-o-mat, Colour Splash - all great for various effect-adding to photos.

- If you're into cars: DailyRoads Voyager acts as a dash cam. Takes video in 2 minute cycles unless you want to keep one of the vids. Torque works great with an OBDII scanner for reading ECL's and gauges etc. Fuelly is good for calculating fuel consumption.

- Swiftkey is an awesome keyboard

- Firefox browser is good if you use it at home too and want to keep all your bookmarks synced.

- other random ones: TuneIn Radio as mentioned, Wikipedia, NoLED (for notifications), RunKeeper to keep track of runs (surprisingly :lol: ), skyscanner, and the Father Ted Soundboard 8-) .

BTW, the Facebook app is atrocious, you're quicker just using the mobile site.
    thanks Jenny.. :D
    Also get Handcent SMS. It's a WAY better text messaging platform than what comes standard ... mind you, I have no idea how it does with Greek.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Also get Handcent SMS. It's a WAY better text messaging platform than what comes standard ... mind you, I have no idea how it does with Greek.
    cool..
    ill check it out..
    any apps aout free sms?anyone?
    8-)