Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    thanks for the 'boxing off' of the quotes, it's easier to see the quotes separated!

I'd like to see the background behind the quotes a different color...black or gray or something still feel the look is too...'generic' and 'blah' (reminds me of old skool AOL
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Changes are interesting so far.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    edited May 2014
    So thank you yesterday for giving those that didn't get a chance at the free ride first crack at the clear version!

So the flipper thing is bugging me a bit. I think it's great you're addressing it, at least what you can control in the small flipping pj community.

However I think it's easy for you to do more, and you choose not to? Why not post in lost dogs your definition of flipping (is trading for a higher value item right away flipping? How long till I can sell at a higher price? etc...), then start revoking memberships of those that break it, like you say you are able to in every item you sell to members only. It also shouldn't be too hard to track down members on ebay who are flipping as well. Heck a lot of members would do it here for free and in their spare time.

It just bugs me because pj staff talk about hating flipping so much, but do nothing about it when it's really easy for you to do so. The only reason I can think of you not to do so is the time factor, or that you enjoy the membership money and don't want to revoke any memberships because you'll lose out on that cash...

Post edited by a5pj on
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    a5pj said:

So thank you yesterday for giving those that didn't get a chance at the free ride first crack at the clear version!

So the flipper thing is bugging me a bit. I think it's great you're addressing it, at least what you can control in the small flipping pj community.

However I think it's easy for you to do more, and you choose not to? Why not post in lost dogs your definition of flipping (is trading for a higher value item right away flipping? How long till I can sell at a higher price? etc...), then start revoking memberships of those that break it, like you say you are able to in every item you sell to members only. It also shouldn't be too hard to track down members on ebay who are flipping as well. Heck a lot of members would do it here for free and in their spare time.

It just bugs me because pj staff talk about hating flipping so much, but do nothing about it when it's really easy for you to do so. The only reason I can think of you not to do so is the time factor, or that you enjoy the membership money and don't want to revoke any memberships because you'll lost out on that cash...

Another reason I can think of as to why 10C doesn't do something about it is because they aren't totalitarians.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

Another reason I can think of as to why 10C doesn't do something about it is because they aren't totalitarians.
    True, but then stop making it look you care about people flipping. Unless they do that "support" the rest of fanbase. In reality in the PJ world it's a very small problem (tickets are another story), but either way 10C is selling out of the items they put up for sale and it's a win for them.

• Options
    a5pj said:

PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

True, but then stop making it look you care about people flipping. Unless they do that "support" the rest of fanbase. In reality in the PJ world it's a very small problem (tickets are another story), but either way 10C is selling out of the items they put up for sale and it's a win for them.
    Not trying to sound like a contrarian here, lol, but when does 10C actually act like they care about people flipping? There is a brief mention of it on the LD rules, kind of but non-specific. And once in a while they add in tiny print at the bottom of item descriptions that it's not intended for resale... but other than that, when has 10C showed us that they care about flipping?? They care a LOT about ticket scalping, and they make that VERY clear. But flipping is not something I've noticed the 10C really caring about at all. I would think that's because there is really nothing they can do about it, and have just accepted that we live in a free market system.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

PJ_Soul said:

a5pj said:

l

Not trying to sound like a contrarian here, lol, but when does 10C actually act like they care about people flipping? There is a brief mention of it on the LD rules, kind of but non-specific. And once in a while they add in tiny print at the bottom of item descriptions that it's not intended for resale... but other than that, when has 10C showed us that they care about flipping?? They care a LOT about ticket scalping, and they make that VERY clear. But flipping is not something I've noticed the 10C really caring about at all. I would think that's because there is really nothing they can do about it, and have just accepted that we live in a free market system.
    You're not a contrarian, I'm in complete agreement with you. I guess the comment in the free ride sale that got my gears grinding, and like you said they barely mention it in a few other places. (Then again, why mention it at all).
    Guess I'm on here too much and just see all the b*tching about flippers.
    Now one thing they do care about it the faithful ale, those threads get shut down quick! Guess it can actually come back to bite them. I'd like to see them shut down flipping threads for $ the same way the day after a sale I guess.

• Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    RNDM played the new venue out of Napa last year,Called Bottle Rock. I'm hoping that the boy's could play there next year.
    Plenty of wine.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited May 2014
    lazloblue said:

Changes are interesting so far.

Yeah a Slight improvement but still way behind how it was.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    like the lights out......
    ajb
  • Options
    wpg pearl said:

like the lights out......

Yeah didn't even notice that until someone pointed it out lol

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited May 2014
    Next Phase for the Bootleg Phenomenon?.... 10C Bootleg Video's . You could sell as Downloads, DVD's, and special editions in Blu Ray,... even if it was one camera centered on the stage I would still dig it..

Forum / Website enhancements - 10C Member editable Home Page with unique address..10C Members Photo Gallery... 10C Tour World Map page with ability for members to check a show in a city they are going to..

Additions to the editable member home page I would like to see:

1 - Drop down menus for past and upcoming tour dates, so members can choose shows they've attended or plan to attend.

2 - Music collector menu - Members can choose from discography LP, CDs...etc.. they own.

I better stop... hahaha,,, not asking for much ;)

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    bethwalker1987bethwalker1987 Washington Posts: 122
    A 10c show is a fantabulous idea, like a tiny tour for just us folk, wouldnt that be sweet? Maybe a fall season or winter even, a just for kicks tiny tour? The 10cc Tour! Tee Hee! Now keep in mind Im going to be back in San Jose Ca, soooo the Warfield in San Fran would be the PERFECT setting, I believe its a 250 seat venue! Tiny is always better, Betterman!
  • Options
    What about acepting paypal?

Regards...
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

Regards...

I second that one....

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

Regards...

I second that one....

Yeah, that would be cool. I'd like to be able to use money I already have for tix and other 10C stuff instead of racking up my credit card.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    "my drafts" is so frustrating.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    This new feature of posting updated odds during the lottery selection is a fantastic idea. :)
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Please tell us if there will be anymore shows.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Yeah like coming to *Perth* :)

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    i_lov_it said:

callen said:

??? The last show they played was just in Perth.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    dougfloyd said:

i_lov_it said:

callen said:

??? The last show they played was just in Perth.
    That was a Festival Doesn't Count...Besides Perth is the Best why wouldn't they Come Straight back ;)

• Options
    cbeitingcbeiting Posts: 78
    This tour is my first time using the lottery system which is fine, but I do have a comment about the whole thing.

Back in the day you'd get a crack at 1 pair tickets per tour...end of story. You picked your show, sent in your money order and you were done.

Then they started letting people get multiple shows. That's when I noticed it was hard to see the band, your seniority location started do drift back and the whole experience of having 10c seats got less and less special.

Fast forward to the lottery system. This time around (early fall tour 2014) you put in for as many shows as you want in order of priority. I don't know about everyone else, but my days of following the band around for 5+ shows are over. I have a family and major responsibilities...and one show is all I can realistically do. I don't have the time to tell the family that the old man is going to follow Pearl Jam for the next week or two.

So, I throw my name in to the cyber-hat hoping I get picked for the only show that I'm willing to go to. I don't know, I kind of liked the one show rule from the 90s. It felt like it gave everyone a chance to not only get tickets, but to feel like those tickets were super special.

I'll probably be blasted or labeled a complainer. I just thought I'd share my opinion about the process. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get to go this year. :/
    Member since 1996...
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    In the forum menu you have different categories. Ex - The Porch, Given To Fly, Words And Communication, Lost Dogs.....etc.

It would be convenient to have a "Request" category. Requests for shows, tour, merch, forum suggestions.....etc.

The Porch gets abused! Just passing it on...lol
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Please if its possible add a new category of forum with name"Gossip-assuming-rumors"so anyone intrested in those things and have an opinion what others do can find easily answers there.
    thank you
    Dimitris aka" i dont give a fuck what others think or think they know"
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906

Regards...

+1

I wish they could offer PayPal for PJ goodies @ the 10club store.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Please if its possible add a new category of forum with name"Gossip-assuming-rumors"so anyone intrested in those things and have an opinion what others do can find easily answers there.
    thank you

I heard a rumor that PJ is playing Greece and then PA. Two shows in 2015
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

thank you

Yep its all over the news here..i try to told them not going to happen.but they said "who the fuck is this Dimi u talking about.??
    Cheers bro..u doing any shows??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

thank you
    Yep its all over the news here..i try to told them not going to happen.but they said "who the fuck is this Dimi u talking about.??

Tried for the Detroit show. I still say 'Entered' on the ticket page
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited May 2014

thank you
    Tried for the Detroit show. I still say 'Entered' on the ticket page

:-SS