Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

Please if its possible add a new category of forum with name"Gossip-assuming-rumors"so anyone intrested in those things and have an opinion what others do can find easily answers there.
    thank you
    Dimitris aka" i dont give a fuck what others think or think they know"
    I heard a rumor that PJ is playing Greece and then PA. Two shows in 2015
    Yep its all over the news here..i try to told them not going to happen.but they said "who the fuck is this Dimi u talking about.??
    Cheers bro..u doing any shows??
    Tried for the Detroit show. I still say 'Entered' on the ticket page
    :-SS

ha ha - it's not quite that bad, but I have to head out to baseball practice shortly. If I don't know one way or the other I may accidentally hit a kid with a baseball due to being nervous...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548

Please if its possible add a new category of forum with name"Gossip-assuming-rumors"so anyone intrested in those things and have an opinion what others do can find easily answers there.
    thank you
    Yep its all over the news here..i try to told them not going to happen.but they said "who the fuck is this Dimi u talking about.??

Good luck
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

thank you
    Good luck

Thanks! (Got them)...good chatting with you, been awhile
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Please if its possible add a new category of forum with name"Gossip-assuming-rumors"so anyone intrested in those things and have an opinion what others do can find easily answers there.
    thank you

Dimitris, I like your new name. Want to fly to Chicago and go to MKE GA with me? If so, bring me a "I don't give a fuck what others think or think they know" shirt for me too. I'll pay ya when I see ya.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • thor2265thor2265 Posts: 13
    How about having 2 different reserved seating. One for the floor and one for the sides. My wife and I are both short and much prefer the sides. We got tix for the Charlottesville and while it was great it is a struggle when everyone in front of you is taller. I got my tix for Moline but who knows if they'll be reserved floor or sides.
    THOR2265

Chicago 05/16/06
    Chicago 08/24/09
    Alpine Valley 09/04/11
    Wrigley Field 07/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13
    Memphis 10/14/14, Moline 10/17/14
    Wrigley Field 08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Mother Love Bone Rockford Endless Nights Bar 04/89
    EV Louisville 09/23/17
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited May 2014
    I have been spouting off about the lottery in numerous threads. Would like to bring some concerns/ideas to 10c's attention

1. I feel like people take advantage of the GA/RES options being separate. People get accounts with poor numbers for spouses, family members, etc and add entries into the GA lottery and use their "real" vested accounts for reserved. They also "buddy up" and people's chances increase exponentially over my measly 1 entry that doesnt stand a chance as more people "wise up".

Maybe paperless tickets? Must be a member for >1 year to go for GA tickets? Maybe create pools of entrants by 10c# and award a percentage to each range group so all the "new" high numbers are neutralized.

I would like to see each show be its own lottery, you can choose an option to be entered for a chance for GA, and after the selection, there is a lottery among the winners for GA tickets.

Also, an option for GA singles. Many people trading off their extra. Not to people shut out, but people who already won other shows and getting rid of their extra, creating an exclusive network of multiple show winners.
    I notice a larger number of people trading "extra pairs" for other shows in the past year. That isnt right and a symptom of people manipulating the system.

2. I also support the idea of having an option for Non-GA floor and seating. I am 5'5" and back of the floor is basically a ruined night of staring at people's backs. Would rather ticketmaster or not go.

3. It may be complicated, but I would like an if/then option/script written into the ticket selection. I would have chosen other shows if I knew I would get shut out of the more accessible ones. With all the weeknights though, winning many shows would have been a disaster. As it is now, I would happily take my 3rd, 4th, or 5th choices, knowing my 1st 2 are out.

4. Do everything you need with selection, then roll out the results/emails noon the following day. Yesterday was a stressful 7 hour ordeal that ended in disappointment. Through everything, people winning/not winning/etc just made everything feel sloppy... and was more stressful than F5.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    thor2265 said:

How about having 2 different reserved seating. One for the floor and one for the sides. My wife and I are both short and much prefer the sides. We got tix for the Charlottesville and while it was great it is a struggle when everyone in front of you is taller. I got my tix for Moline but who knows if they'll be reserved floor or sides.

I agree with you here and I'm 6'3" .... if your in the back half on the floor,... it's not a good view at any venue... I'd much rather be in the seats with a elevated view than in the back on the floor..... imo....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548

thank you

Dimitris, I like your new name. Want to fly to Chicago and go to MKE GA with me? If so, bring me a "I don't give a fuck what others think or think they know" shirt for me too. I'll pay ya when I see ya.
    mo.money needed..a hug is more than enough

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    Very very good post Mayday10... I actually printed it out so I can spend some time on it later and give some of your ideas much more thought and possibly come up with some good idea's myself... I also feel pearl jam really care and wants to put out a good system (picking up tickets day of show for example is HUGE in helping curb the scalping mess)... and truly, no system will last forever as they will continue to try better and better ticket sale options... So hopefully someone ends up posting a "not so complicated" system that we can all be happy with.... BUT...at the end of the day, when you have 5 to 10 times the amount of people wanting tickets that there are seats available (which I still believe is the real issue at hand)... you cannot please everyone, not even close.... and adding shows will not help cause then pj would risk playing to half empty stadiums... they do add shows here and there when they can, but a lot of the times, its just not that simple....

with that said, I'm challenging us fans to come up with a better system ... but until then, this one isn't too bad,... I only won 1 of 6 yesterday in the lotto and realistically, that's about on par for the odds I had... people whom lost 10 to 15 chance's in a row...that's just shear bad luck and believe me,...them people are far and few between, they're all posting so it just seems like a lot...but I'm sure there are thousands celebrating but just don't post (don't blame them as it makes other possibly pissed)...
    PS...I'm trying to stay positive as tomorrow with Ticketmaster,...I'll be happy if I get one of the shows I try for...2 shows and i'll be in heaven....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

thank you
    Good luck
    Thanks! (Got them)...good chatting with you, been awhile

Sweet! Detroit seems like the show to be at for this tour - wish I could go!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    curly said:

Very very good post Mayday10... I actually printed it out so I can spend some time on it later and give some of your ideas much more thought and possibly come up with some good idea's myself..

Thanks!
    Definitely fun to poke holes and imagine improvements.

I would also add, I think it would be a good idea for them to change up it every tour/leg. This would prevent the masses from exploiting every single advantage they could get. For instance, maybe for a tour they can have the lotto for each show (members can specify no GA upon order)... and for each show they announce a quirk to fill GA. for example: Everyone in the 200xxx's, or 400xxx's. Everyone who's last name is A-D. Everyone who's member number ends in xxx600 through xxx800, etc. It would keep it fun.

I think that also solves the many entries with 550XXX numbers as nobody wants to get "stuck" with the worst 10c seats if they already have better numbers.
  • MayDay10 said:

curly said:

Very very good post Mayday10... I actually printed it out so I can spend some time on it later and give some of your ideas much more thought and possibly come up with some good idea's myself..

Thanks!
    Definitely fun to poke holes and imagine improvements.

I would also add, I think it would be a good idea for them to change up it every tour/leg. This would prevent the masses from exploiting every single advantage they could get. For instance, maybe for a tour they can have the lotto for each show (members can specify no GA upon order)... and for each show they announce a quirk to fill GA. for example: Everyone in the 200xxx's, or 400xxx's. Everyone who's last name is A-D. Everyone who's member number ends in xxx600 through xxx800, etc. It would keep it fun.

I think that also solves the many entries with 550XXX numbers as nobody wants to get "stuck" with the worst 10c seats if they already have better numbers.
    Decent posts guys, but I'd like to say I became a member in 2009. I was late to the party, had always been a fan, but didn't know about 10C. For the first few shows after that I got my 10C tickets by and large but they were "ok" seats. I wasn't complaining. Then I came to realize the single ticket system among the members. I began to get much better seats. It would be a single seat and I'd go on my own, but the seats were awesome. Also, I would meet real fans that were excited, rather than bring someone that "hasn't seen them in some years" (like 1994). I agree there are lots of members that trade pairs, but if you work at it, there are plenty of people on these forums that will offer singles. It's a great tradition as far as I'm concerned.

In terms of GA, I understand that it does open the door for more scalping, and/or odd tipping, that is truly unfortunate but now my own membership has a better chance at great seats. But besides that, under the old system I remember at least once, when I was down in a great section and I would watch as the people in the front rows on the floor were either standing there with there arms crossed (rock cops), or they were sitting, watching the concert! (that was never in Toronto, by the way). My feeling is the people in that section had grown too accustomed to those seats and were taking them for granted. Since the new system, I've been down in the GA and the energy has been way better. I'm sure that the band has noticed a difference.

I love the atmosphere and comraderie of the members of the club. I think the new system is better, but I am intrigued about your idea of random drawings. It might make the system better, it's worth exploring.

This post ended up longer then I expected.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
    I do think they need to tighten up the way we pick up tix/enter the venues to stop scalping. NIN does it well: You pick up your tix while you are entering the building. They check your ID at a table right inside the door, hand you your tickets (and put on your wrist band, if you have GA floor), and there is nothing you can do at that point. No re-entries. This offers no chance to scalp your club tix at all unless you are just trading seats with another member after you're inside in the building.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Wonder how any fake odd are used to pick up tickets. Think this may be a weak link
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    PJ_Soul said:

I do think they need to tighten up the way we pick up tix/enter the venues to stop scalping. NIN does it well: You pick up your tix while you are entering the building. They check your ID at a table right inside the door, hand you your tickets (and put on your wrist band, if you have GA floor), and there is nothing you can do at that point. No re-entries. This offers no chance to scalp your club tix at all unless you are just trading seats with another member after you're inside in the building.

Yeah, that would help with the scalping, but would it make it a cluster-fuck with everyone basically trying to get in at the same time?

I think something like that(a cluster-fuck) happened in Hartford?(2008?). Though, i do think they didn't have enough 10C ticket windows and a lot of members were trying to get inside at about the same time, and a lot of them missed the beginning of the show. Can someone who was there elaborate on this?

Trust me, i'm with you on trying to cut down on scalping.
    cutz said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, that would help with the scalping, but would it make it a cluster-fuck with everyone basically trying to get in at the same time?

I think something like that(a cluster-fuck) happened in Hartford?(2008?). Though, i do think they didn't have enough 10C ticket windows and a lot of members were trying to get inside at about the same time, and a lot of them missed the beginning of the show. Can someone who was there elaborate on this?

Trust me, i'm with you on trying to cut down on scalping.
    Well it wasn't a clusterfuck at all at the NIN show, which had the entire floor as GA, so I don't see why it would be a clusterfuck for PJ. I believe they had a bunch of different doors for your last name. i.e. Gate 4 was A - C, Gate 5 D - G, and so on. No probs at all. It was super easy and fast. I'm not positive what anyone who waited in line before doors opened did, but it couldn't have been that bad. There are never more than a couple hundred people in those lines.
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Get poster god Aaron Horkey to do a poster. Since he's from Minnesota, it's a perfect fit for the St Paul show
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    I really like the idea I've seen posted a few times where the lottery is by show with a separate drawing for GA from among the winners. I don't see why we have to use up 2 priority spots for 1 show when the price is the same for all tickets.

Last fall I played it safe in the lottery and went for reserved (and won) but I have a higher # so I really wanted to try for GA this time to have the opportunity to get closer up and I lost. Not surprised, but it just sucks that my shot at GA was at the expense of getting any ticket since there was no chance of getting in at priority 2.

I think this would definitely make prioritizing easier and less stressful!
  • "Plaque on the wall says that no one's slept here
    It's rare to come upon a bridge that has not been around
    Or been stepped on
    Whatever the notion, we laced in our prayers
    The man upstairs is used to all of this noise
    I'm through with screaming"
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • KEHORNKEHORN Posts: 9
    I only have 2 suggestions:

1) I think with more people trying to get 10C tickets we should go back to only a pair of tickets per 10C member. That would spread tickets out a bit more fairly. I thought the system used to work great you could choose 2 show with a single ticket to each or 1 show with a pair of tickets.

2) This is mostly because I'm only 5'0, but I wish the GA would go away. I love being up close but I'm too short and I nearly died last time I got a rail in a pit.

And BTW add some more shows to this tour since I totally got shut out :(
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581

Get poster god Aaron Horkey to do a poster. Since he's from Minnesota, it's a perfect fit for the St Paul show

Shocked he has never done one. He's a master.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    is there anyway to make the options stick?

When I am logged in, and I don't log out (I forget) I turn the 'lights down' and hide the toolbar on the left. Then when I leave, and come back the next day, I'm still logged in, but the lights are up and the toolbar is back. Not that it's hard to turn the lights back down, but if the cookies can remember that I'm logged in, can't they remember that I turned the lights down too?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Ten Club only show!!!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    edited June 2014
    Mystery Box delivered to Residents outside of the US maybe :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    i_lov_it said:

+1
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Kudos to 10C for releasing another wave of mystery boxes. Happy for the folks who wanted one the first time but were shut out.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    edited June 2014
    Pap said:

i_lov_it said:

+1
    This month's contest is for us too! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    please fix the lights!

'lights down' isn't working...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    RKCNDY said:

please fix the lights!

OK>I was wondering if it was just me.

How about this: can they just make the "LIGHTS DOWN" permanent?
    cutz said:

RKCNDY said:

please fix the lights!

OK>I was wondering if it was just me.

How about this: can they just make the "LIGHTS DOWN" permanent?
    yes! 'LIGHTS DOWN' forever!
    then hang up a disco ball and some cool lazer beam lights too...
    (but really, bring the lights down...)

- Christopher McCandless