Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    I would respectfully suggest that the drawing for Worcester 2 pre-sale - which is restricted to active 10c members who entered but lost the lotto for Worcester 1 - be conducted in order of the priority that members assigned to their Worcester 1 entries (assuming that info is still in your database). I.e. draw first from among those who selected Worcester 1 as their first priority, then from those who made it their second priority, etc. - in effect the way it would have worked if both shows had been in the same drawing.

The restriction on Worcester 2 entries is very fair in my humble if admittedly biased opinion and I believe the drawing would be fairer still if someone who made Worcester 1 their top priority couldn't potentially lose out to someone for whom it was, say, priority #9. Because with my luck, yeah, I would be that guy.

Thanks for reading.
    Mansfield 7/3/2003 | Boston 5/24/2006 | Boston 5/17/2010 | Worcester 10/15-16/2013
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    I would respectfully suggest that the drawing for Worcester 2 pre-sale - which is restricted to active 10c members who entered but lost the lotto for Worcester 1 - be conducted in order of the priority that members assigned to their Worcester 1 entries (assuming that info is still in your database). I.e. draw first from among those who selected Worcester 1 as their first priority, then from those who made it their second priority, etc. - in effect the way it would have worked if both shows had been in the same drawing.

The restriction on Worcester 2 entries is very fair in my humble if admittedly biased opinion and I believe the drawing would be fairer still if someone who made Worcester 1 their top priority couldn't potentially lose out to someone for whom it was, say, priority #9. Because with my luck, yeah, I would be that guy.

Thanks for reading.

Indeed, the original priority should rollover if a second show gets added. Because otherwise next drawing a lot of 'members' will enter the drawing for every show.
    Even though chances are slim to none to score anything in the original lotery listed as priority 4 and up, you get another chance at priority 1, 2,... in a second drawing if a high demand show gets added to the tour later on.

And that my friends, isn't right.
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    ambrasjes wrote:

Thanks for reading.

Indeed, the original priority should rollover if a second show gets added. Because otherwise next drawing a lot of 'members' will enter the drawing for every show.
    Even though chances are slim to none to score anything in the original lotery listed as priority 4 and up, you get another chance at priority 1, 2,... in a second drawing if a high demand show gets added to the tour later on.

Agreed. Anyone who has already one the first show should not be eligible for the second. Just like in Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
    Give others a chance at them.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Cosmo wrote:
    ambrasjes wrote:

Thanks for reading.

Agreed. Anyone who has already one the first show should not be eligible for the second. Just like in Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
    Give others a chance at them.
    agreed to all..back to back shows added latyer should be consider at the douyble ones annouce at he first announcement
    and i agree with that"the original priority should rollover if a second show gets added."
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    agree as well..though I wonder how much the priority thing matters, lots of people won with high choices.
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32
    Ten Club should offer a pre-sale password for people that lost out on choices for the lotto.
    Send it in an email two nights before the public sale then have the "second chance" presale the day before it goes to the public. That way active members have a chance at the pool of tix before the open feeding frenzy.
    Just a thought.

Thank you, Savage Tongue ... never thot I'd hear myself utter those words ... hugs
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32
    quoteI would respectfully suggest that the drawing for Worcester 2 pre-sale - which is restricted to active 10c members who entered but lost the lotto for Worcester 1 - be conducted in order of the priority that members assigned to their Worcester 1 entries (assuming that info is still in your database). I.e. draw first from among those who selected Worcester 1 as their first priority, then from those who made it their second priority, etc. - in effect the way it would have worked if both shows had been in the same drawing.

Thanks for reading.quote

And that my friends, isn't right.quote ...
    Give others a chance at them.quote
    agreed to all..back to back shows added latyer should be consider at the douyble ones annouce at he first announcement
    and i agree with that"the original priority should rollover if a second show gets added."[/quote]

Agree with all posts above ... for any second shows, please give those shut outs another chance!! Thanks!!
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Big Day Out

Why?

The tickets are massively overpriced (even compared to what us Australians normally have to put up with)

There are no side shows as the band has signed an exclusivity deal.

Your last tour, 50,000 Pearl Jam fans in their own right turned up to your Melbourne show. Even the band themselves were astounded by it.

And you go and kick us in the balls by playing BDO.

What's the point of being an Australian 10C member anymore?
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    andrewdelandrewdel Posts: 26
    Agree.

BDO sucks. Read the comments in "Pearl Jam will Play the BIG DAY OUT" thread for a taste of the disdain.

This reeks of promoters leveraging a loyal Aussie fan base to get the PJ fans to sell out an under performing festival.
  • Options
    ambrasjesambrasjes Posts: 124
    Kathi wrote:
    agree as well..though I wonder how much the priority thing matters, lots of people won with high choices.

Kathi, now you are generalising the entire lottery.
    Yes, some people got tickets with higher priorities for shows with lesser demand.
    For the high demand shows most people who put in priority 1 didn't score tickets, so everyone with priority 2 and up stood no chance whatsoever...
    So it all depends on the shows that people were aiming for. But with some tweaking we can figure this lottery thing out. ;)
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Big Day Out

Why?

The tickets are massively overpriced (even compared to what us Australians normally have to put up with)

Your last tour, 50,000 Pearl Jam fans in their own right turned up to your Melbourne show. Even the band themselves were astounded by it.

Stop with the whining. You get alot of shows in Australia.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Big Day Out

Why?

Yes I am one of the people who are whining, but I think if you'd been to the BDO festival, you'd understand more where we are coming from with our complaints.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Big Day Out

Why?

You're taking the piss right?

and b

Would you pay 125 Euros

High Above
    i'll break the law
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    -Emma- wrote:
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Big Day Out

Why?

Yes I am one of the people who are whining, but I think if you'd been to the BDO festival, you'd understand more where we are coming from with our complaints.

What I mean is, they visit Australia pretty often. No reason with the "whats the point of being a member?"-nonsense. So childish with the "the band kick us fans in the balls!". Some countries in Europe also only get festival shows some years, some places they don't play at all.

Take it for what it is, or wait 1-3 years for their next Australia tour.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ill say one word to our friend at Aus that arent happy with the fact pkj plays shows at festival

R.E.M.

so take what you get now,the show will be fantastic,the ones will go will havve awesome time..

you never know when will be the last time you have the chance to see the best band live again..

with the rythm they visit oz....next best time will be at 2017??

well,if some of you want to see them and can wait ,af 8 year , (2009 was the last time was there)till 2017 just becouse dont like that festival..well good for u
    i wouldnt miss it
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

What I mean is, they visit Australia pretty often. No reason with the "whats the point of being a member?"-nonsense. So childish with the "the band kick us fans in the balls!". Some countries in Europe also only get festival shows some years, some places they don't play at all.

Do you get the difference in pricing / travelling between Europe and Australia?

For the price of what we're being asked to pay here, for 4 and a bit years between shows, you could fly from stockholm to london return and see the show.

So yeah its a fucking kick in the sack.

And its a genuine queston, there is little benefit to Australians being a 10C member. For a long time Australian shows have been over the 100 euro mark. And travelling distances and costs here do not even compare to Europe. I mean so what, they don't play Sweden. Big fucking deal you are a 30 euro flight away from the next city.

I'm happy to compare apples with apples, but you appear to be comparing apples with oranges.

High Above
    i'll break the law
  • Options
    Sloth2 wrote:

Do you get the difference in pricing / travelling between Europe and Australia?

For the price of what we're being asked to pay here, for 4 and a bit years between shows, you could fly from stockholm to london return and see the show.

So yeah its a fucking kick in the sack.

And its a genuine queston, there is little benefit to Australians being a 10C member. For a long time Australian shows have been over the 100 euro mark. And travelling distances and costs here do not even compare to Europe. I mean so what, they don't play Sweden. Big fucking deal you are a 30 euro flight away from the next city.

I'm happy to compare apples with apples, but you appear to be comparing apples with oranges.
    the problem,if you dont go at 2014,the next apples or oange you will get will be at 2017...at the best case scenario

and its 4 years from now..alot can change in life of everyone..even the band..
  • Options
    CoshieCoshie Port Fairy Posts: 279
    There is no way in hell, i'm missing out!!!! All the pill popping stooges in the Big Day Out world won't stop me from frothing out come January. Come'on really lads? the 2009 melbourne set list was a rare treat and you can piss and moan all you like, but the reality is THEY ARE COMING AND IM NOT WAITING ANOTHER 3-4 YEARS. I wanna see some rafter climbing festival action from Eddie....YEEEEWWWW!
    Melbourne - 1998-2003-2006-2009-2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo Melbourne - 2011-2014
    Seattle 1 & 2 2018
    Missoula 2018
    Baltimore, New York 2020 😭
    EV & Earthlings New York 1 & 2 - 2022
    EV & Earthlings New Jersey - 2022
  • Options
    Coshie wrote:
    There is no way in hell, i'm missing out!!!! All the pill popping stooges in the Big Day Out world won't stop me from frothing out come January. Come'on really lads? the 2009 melbourne set list was a rare treat and you can piss and moan all you like, but the reality is THEY ARE COMING AND IM NOT WAITING ANOTHER 3-4 YEARS. I wanna see some rafter climbing festival action from Eddie....YEEEEWWWW!
  • Options
    andrewdelandrewdel Posts: 26
    I get where the disappointment is coming from re:BDO as I have felt it ever since fist hearing the news of the BDO Tour. Basically I was hoping for a PJ show. As a Pearl Jan fan that’s the natural response, to want to see PJ. Also, I had promised my 17yr old cousin my 10C +1 and was all stoked to be able to get him the ticket.

Pearl Jam fans are amongst the best in the world. As fans we feel we have some right of ownership of the band or the music, which is ridiculous. However, PJ and the 10C rely on fans who take ownership, as feeling part of a community, belonging to, and associating with a brand...I mean band...drives a great many things.

The ‘pre sale for members’ email had to be held back til today and I get that. Keeping the BDO line-up secret is important to the promoters and used to be a big fucking deal, back when the festival had relevance and the line-up was anticipated. Now no one really gives a shit. Still no countdown clock for us, oh well. The fact that the ‘fan club’ tickets are on sale the same time as General Pants has them on sale is a bit of a kick to the ‘Doing for the fans’ balls.

After the last tour comments such as ‘Eitihad Stadium ok...better at Rod.’ was a response and isn’t a bullshit statement. Festival vs Etihad? Seeing them at the Corner or the Palace would be epic but unless a sneaky sideshow happens there is no chance.

Now the difference is if you are a music fan or a PJ fan. PJ are not playing stand alone gigs (at this stage). Pearl Jam is playing Melbourne along with bands such as The Lumineers, Naked and Famous, Group Love, Arcade Fire and Tame Impala. In short, quality live music capped off with some PJ, and if you love live music and PJ, that’s not a bad fucking day out.

See you at Flemington, giddy up.

BTW: If you are looking at the ‘Like a Boss’ ticket for $285 all the best...I heard last year that the viewing area was miles away and the dunnies were shit.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Big Day Out

Why?

5 shows in Oz four years ago doesn't sound like alot of shows.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Eraserhead wrote:

25 million poeple doesn't sound like a lot compared to other parts of the world.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    HanManHanMan Posts: 15
    Sorry if anyone else has posted this.
    I think it would be cool if the PJ app allowed you to select concerts from the timeline and save them to your own personal PJ concert list for quick reference of set lists.
    2003 - 07.05 Camden 07.08 NYC 07.09 NYC 07.12 Hershey // 2005 - 10.03 Philadelphia // 2006 - 05.12 Albany 05.13 Hartford
    05.27 Camden 05.28 Camden 06.01 East Ruth. 06.03 East Ruth. // 2008 - 06.19 Camden 06.25 NYC // 2009 - 10.30 Philadelphia //
    2010 - 05.20 NYC // 2013 - 10.21 Philadelphia // 2016 - 04.28 Philadelphia // 2022 - 09.14 Camden // 
  • Options
    stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    I haven't read all 75 pages so apologies if this has already been posted.

Is there any way the band would consider doing even just one Ten Club only show somewhere in Australia?

It would be an absolute win-win situation. There are very few fans in Australia who wouldn't travel for such a show, and given Australia's lower population overall, it would stand to reason that the band could do one medium sized show in say either Melbourne or Sydney (or my vote, beautiful sunny Perth!), and a massive chunk of 10c members would be able to attend. Certainly more members than in other countries could be included in the one show is what I am trying to get at.

Given that they will already be out here for BDO, they could do such a show a few days after the Perth BDO, make a tonne of money and make their loyal Aussie fans happy at the same time. Band gets easy money that doesn't interfere with their family holiday plans too much, and fans get a relatively intimate show. Win-win if you ask me.
  • Options
    B-RockB-Rock Posts: 149
    Dercheef wrote:
    Eraserhead wrote:

25 million poeple doesn't sound like a lot compared to other parts of the world.

Just cause our population is small makes no difference. We have one of the biggest Pearl Jam fan bases. Theres even a video of Mike or one of the band members saying based on population/per capita, they sell the most albums here.
    Sydney 8-11-06, 18-11-06; Melbourne 20-11-09, Sydney 22-11-09, Manchester 20-06-12, 21-06-12
  • Options
    LauraPJLauraPJ Mendoza, Argentina Posts: 1,777
    Please stop playing festivals, please stop this madness! It's exciting to jump with other 60.000 people, but on the other hand... Really? Half of them don't realize what's going on, they just don't have a clue of what song is being played. PJ is huge enough to play at their own shows, alone.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Please stop playing festivals, please stop this madness! It's exciting to jump with other 60.000 people, but on the other hand... Really? Half of them don't realize what's going on, they just don't have a clue of what song is being played. PJ is huge enough to play at their own shows, alone.
    Laura,maybe its better they stop playing shows,cos people dont like the venues..
    pj is huge as you said, so,ALL must have the chance to see them..we arent any special here cos we are 10c members..
    we love the band,but the band play shows,and make music for ALL music fans,and not only members..
    when you love something,like a pj,you dont love them cos u expect something in return..or play only where u like to see them..
    so,where ever pj playing shows,festivals,stadiums,small arenas they always give the 110% and rock out,,
    so lets respect the band and their music and accept their choise..
    festival?/festival it is..
    still love them...
    be happy cos they came 3 times in your country...other countries fans,never had the luxury to see them in their country...
    NEVER...
  • Options
    I haven't read all 75 pages so apologies if this has already been posted.

Is there any way the band would consider doing even just one Ten Club only show somewhere in Australia?

It would be an absolute win-win situation. There are very few fans in Australia who wouldn't travel for such a show, and given Australia's lower population overall, it would stand to reason that the band could do one medium sized show in say either Melbourne or Sydney (or my vote, beautiful sunny Perth!), and a massive chunk of 10c members would be able to attend. Certainly more members than in other countries could be included in the one show is what I am trying to get at.

Given that they will already be out here for BDO, they could do such a show a few days after the Perth BDO, make a tonne of money and make their loyal Aussie fans happy at the same time. Band gets easy money that doesn't interfere with their family holiday plans too much, and fans get a relatively intimate show. Win-win if you ask me.
    win win indeed,but..if u was the one organize BDO and pay millions to pj to play headsline..u will let them do side shows?so all their hardcore fans go there and not buy your tickets at your festival??
    they will not let them di side shows,they have contracts..sucks,but is how music intustry works
    they will not pay millions of dollars and not sell out cos fan club memebrs want arena shows,
    no one from fan base of pj will go to festivals,if there are side shows..its logic,they sign contracts they have the rights of the band and quarantee will not play other shows..
    sucks,but its how thing are
  • Options
    LauraPJLauraPJ Mendoza, Argentina Posts: 1,777
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Laura,maybe its better they stop playing shows,cos people dont like the venues..
    pj is huge as you said, so,ALL must have the chance to see them..we arent any special here cos we are 10c members..
    we love the band,but the band play shows,and make music for ALL music fans,and not only members..
    when you love something,like a pj,you dont love them cos u expect something in return..or play only where u like to see them..
    so,where ever pj playing shows,festivals,stadiums,small arenas they always give the 110% and rock out,,
    still love them...
    be happy cos they came 3 times in your country...other countries fans,never had the luxury to see them in their country...
    NEVER...
    All that's true. Maybe I'm just getting old ;) I was crashed by te people in Chile ( I was pretty close to the stage; once again lucky me). Here in SA the shows, specially the festivals, get so crowed that sometimes could be a little dangerous. Though I'll be glad to seem them playing everywhere, I prefer venues that are a little more smaller. Oh yes, it's official, I'm a grumpy old lady :D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    LauraPJ wrote:
    still love them...
    NEVER...
    All that's true. Maybe I'm just getting old ;) I was crashed by te people in Chile ( I was pretty close to the stage; once again lucky me). Here in SA the shows, specially the festivals, get so crowed that sometimes could be a little dangerous. Though I'll be glad to seem them playing everywhere, I prefer venues that are a little more smaller. Oh yes, it's official, I'm a grumpy old lady :D
    at SA you are the most energetic and rock out crowd..Argentinian are the best on the planet..no question..
    and is a little dangerous,even they play in a hotel room,with all you awesome people rock out..
    you are not an old lady,you are a fan,love them and want the best possible to enjoy them..
    the problem is the band is getting old,and cant tour as they did in the past..we..we need to realise the reality and how things are..
    glad those boys still making music and play shows..