Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    traveling is half the fun of seeing the band. meeting new people, new places...I'd love them to play my city sometime, but it doesn't seem to be happening, and I'm fine with it cause I love the whole traveling deal. if they are playing your area, you're lucky anyway. and it's not like there's only 10c tickets, and nothing else...first of all, you should usually be able to get someone's spares, and if not there's always public sale.

second, I'd like to thank the band for continuing that wrigley show. during the rain intermission, we started to hear rumors of it being transfered to sunday, which would've left me on a plane home on the day of the concert. I've had weather cancellations before, but never something like this where the act came back to play a full show still! so, thank you PJ, for still playing that gig, and for my friends from all over the world that a traveling, environment polluting bastard like me has met and enjoyed said gig with. ;)
  • Options
    trentktrentk Posts: 62
    trentk wrote:
    I am sure the 10 Club would be able to come up with an equitable way to appease the European fans just fine. Again, the suggestion is so only a few more members need to do less traveling. It makes absolutely no sense that throughout this tour hundreds (or maybe in Seattle's case thousands) of people need to leave their own city to see the band when the band is playing their own town.
    And again, the environmental waste is insane and I am sure people would rather spend their money on beers, shirts, and posters instead of on planes and hotels. The system is broke. I've never seen so many people dissatisfied and I've been a member for 16 years.

Hehe. The prio-system is good enough for this. The thing you are suggestion is way more complicated, harder and would make more people go crazy on the forum. And wouldn't have much more, or more at all, positives than the prio -system, but cause more problems. But I bet from your standpoint it seems logical because it would be of gain for you.

If Seattle is such a clusterfuck and hot market, it should be solved by PJ playing two nights there. Or making it easier for Prios2/3 to not compete with the ones who already have got tickets. So you have to travel from Seattle to Vancouver (or whatever is closest) to see Pearl Jam even though you live in Seattle (if you refuse ordinary tickets)? Everyone from Turkey or Malta have to travel even further. Everyone from Japan have to visit another part of the world to see them.

And if you have never seen so many people dissatisfied in 16 years, you weren't here last year for the Europe pre-sale or for Wrigley, or for the last tours with F5-madness. Hyperbole. 80% seems to be quite happy with the lottery system, or whatever the percentage was.

It's funny how you seem to know me. I am one of the people who CAN afford to travel all over the world to see the band. And I have. I am very lucky to live how I do and it's fantastic to see the band play wherever and whenever I want to.
    I just feel terrible for all the fans whose own socio-economic status does not allow them the same luxury. It seems like such a waste of resources.

Side note: Part of the problem with this board at times is the way forum members are prone to hasty conclusions about other members. It's unfortunate. It didn't always used to be that way and yes that makes me seem old.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Dear Ten/VHC,
    This is my semi-regular suggestion to possibly enhance the Fan Club experience:
    The Ticket Lottery:
    The Ticket Lottery seems to be a general success. Sure, there are many who are unhappy, but that is what happens in a large, diverse community. But, from what i have been hearing, most people got their First Priority pick... that is good. The down side being, some got shut out. Here is my suggestion.
    Limit the lottery wins to a number... maybe 3 or 4. People can still request 16 shows (32 picks), but they should not win 16 shows. Limit them to 3 or 4, maximum. Anyone who wins 4 lotteries instead of 16 and still complains... kind of a dick, doncha think?

The Tour:
    Remove the Row 1-2, 9-10 lottery. There is too much controversy surrounding this. Meaning, the same person(s) getting the 1st or 2nd rows at several shows. I'm no mathematician, but winning the lottery 5 out of 5 times is not impossible... but, highly improbable. It casts doubts on the validity of the Row Lottery and gives the impression that it is unfair to the entire community. We love this band because of their integrity, honesty and truth... for its fan club to even appear to be otherwise is not the best reflection cast. It's okay to show favoritism to individuals... that happens... we understand. Just limit their rewards to one Row Lottery win. I think we can all live with that.

The Merchandise:
    This has become a big issue in the community. Here is what i suggest:
    Posters:
    Allow the person who wins the ticket lottery to pre-purchase one poster (sight unseen) for only the show they won. If they want one for their seat partner, they can get in line at the venue for the second poster.
    Shirts:
    If there is a city specific shirt, let that also be a one limit shirt pre-purchase (sight unseen).
    On the topic of shirts, think about the city specific Set List Shirt. They can all have the same front logo, except with the city and date printed below it... like the Wrigley shirts. The back will have the Set List from that show.
    i understand that merchandise and tickets are now the bread and butter of a band's income these days...I am cool with that. But, it would be nice if the fans get a descent shot at both tickets and goods, rather than scalpers and E-Bay flippers.
    Again, thanx for all you do. This is not a criticism of the Fan Club, rather some suggestions that may help to quell some of the incessant griping from the community.
    peace... love... surf...
    cosmo
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    been a fan since i was 16 now im 38 and as a fan club member with kids i need more seats at shows. can anyone figure out how members with kids can upgrade their membership to include additional seats ,like a 5 seat package upgrade from the usual 2 seat pack . it will be a headache for ten club staff but you got another 5 years till the next album and north american tour.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,631
    been a fan since i was 16 now im 38 and as a fan club member with kids i need more seats at shows. can anyone figure out how members with kids can upgrade their membership to include additional seats ,like a 5 seat package upgrade from the usual 2 seat pack . it will be a headache for ten club staff but you got another 5 years till the next album and north american tour.
    Iunderstand why you'd want this, but just wanted to point out that 10c tix are for 10c members, not 10c members and their entire family. That is what the public sale is for. ;) Also, I certainly hope you are wrong about PJ waiting another 5 years before another N. American tour!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    IgotlemIgotlem Posts: 9
    How about better t-shirts for women please! Maybe the same one's that are available for men but in women sizes instead of the slightly too girly/feminine styles you have in the merch section now.

Thanks ;)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,111
    trentk wrote:
    trentk wrote:
    I am sure the 10 Club would be able to come up with an equitable way to appease the European fans just fine. Again, the suggestion is so only a few more members need to do less traveling. It makes absolutely no sense that throughout this tour hundreds (or maybe in Seattle's case thousands) of people need to leave their own city to see the band when the band is playing their own town.
    And again, the environmental waste is insane and I am sure people would rather spend their money on beers, shirts, and posters instead of on planes and hotels. The system is broke. I've never seen so many people dissatisfied and I've been a member for 16 years.

Hehe. The prio-system is good enough for this. The thing you are suggestion is way more complicated, harder and would make more people go crazy on the forum. And wouldn't have much more, or more at all, positives than the prio -system, but cause more problems. But I bet from your standpoint it seems logical because it would be of gain for you.

If Seattle is such a clusterfuck and hot market, it should be solved by PJ playing two nights there. Or making it easier for Prios2/3 to not compete with the ones who already have got tickets. So you have to travel from Seattle to Vancouver (or whatever is closest) to see Pearl Jam even though you live in Seattle (if you refuse ordinary tickets)? Everyone from Turkey or Malta have to travel even further. Everyone from Japan have to visit another part of the world to see them.

And if you have never seen so many people dissatisfied in 16 years, you weren't here last year for the Europe pre-sale or for Wrigley, or for the last tours with F5-madness. Hyperbole. 80% seems to be quite happy with the lottery system, or whatever the percentage was.

It's funny how you seem to know me. I am one of the people who CAN afford to travel all over the world to see the band. And I have. I am very lucky to live how I do and it's fantastic to see the band play wherever and whenever I want to.
    I just feel terrible for all the fans whose own socio-economic status does not allow them the same luxury. It seems like such a waste of resources.

Side note: Part of the problem with this board at times is the way forum members are prone to hasty conclusions about other members. It's unfortunate. It didn't always used to be that way and yes that makes me seem old.

Sorry for that!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Please make an Android App!!!!!! That would be amazing. Using this site on my Samsung Nexus S makes me want to smash my phone. An app that allows for smooth use and especially posting and pm-ing on Android would be very much appreciated - the sooner the better because soon I'll have a conniption fit while trying to have a conversation with someone on pearljam.com. FYI, Android has the biggest share of the smartphone market, not iphone. ;)

Thank you! :)

PS - Wrigley was all sorts of amazing. Thanks Pearl Jam!!!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jamminmomjamminmom Posts: 30
    I will also ask for some better ladies merchandise. I'm 5'10' and not 1 of the shirts I have ordered fits at all. As the mom of 4 children I have out lived and out grown the belly shirt style that after 1 washing all my shirts become. The men's shirts are too manly and overly big. And frequently the artwork is not at all family friendly. Im just asking for a few shirts here and there that a mom can wear proudly with kids in tow.
    Im ok with the lottery. its impossible to make everyone happy all the time and I think you guys try hard to accommodate requests. I did see that people had put in for 4 or 5 shows and were shut out of all of them while other were posting that they won 4 or 5 shows. I dont think this is fair. I requested 2 shows and won 1 and feel that is fair. I feel badly for those unlucky fans--this should change.
    The way the lottery winners were informed was kinda nerve wrecking--maybe a little more time(a few days to a week) from the time the request period ends until announcing the "winners" would allow time for the winners to be picked and charged and then all emailed at 1 time. Others bands do it this way and it certainly lessens the anxiety.
    Of course we all want more--more albums, more tour dates, more intimate 10 club only shows, more everything. But if this is going to compromise the quality of music the band produces then by all means keep doing what you are doing the way you do it.
    Thanks for listening and see you Philly night 1 !!
  • Options
    Paige-RooPaige-Roo Posts: 33
    Please make "Thumbing my way" video available for purchase on iTune!! It is such a cool video and great song!

Also, concert merchandise could be very special to those who attend the concert and those who are lucky enough to attend may want to keep them only available at the show, but it will be great if they can be available on the 10C store as well. I was checking the Wrigley merchandise on ebay, and it was crazy! Why will I have to pay so much to someone who bought the merchandise just to sell and make a lot of money. I would not mind paying premium to 10C if the merch is available on the website.

Other than that, I think you guys are doing great - oh yes, one more thing. I agree with someone who said about the ladies T-shirts designs and style.

Thank you for the opportunity!

Paige-Roo
  • Options
    cmjamrozycmjamrozy Posts: 4
    Just got an email for, available to order online, Wrigley show shirts exclusively for 10c members.

Looks like someone reading this board!!

Thanks guys
  • Options
    AM277477AM277477 Posts: 28
    Merch for Women...please!
    I want to add to the voice of women who would like to see some more things for us. We don't all want girlie shirts, but a shirt similar to the mens would be nice...agreed! Maybe a V neck ? I've talked to toooo many people in merch lines who are hoping that this changes.

Side note... there are lots of Pearl Jam cyclers out there and I can't help but think that a great PJ bike shirt (women&men) would be AWESOME!!! I have to laugh every time I put on my Pearl Izumi gloves. I've taken off the Izumi and added the Jam...too easy.
  • Options
    AM277477 wrote:
    Merch for Women...please!
    I want to add to the voice of women who would like to see some more things for us. We don't all want girlie shirts, but a shirt similar to the mens would be nice...agreed! Maybe a V neck ? I've talked to toooo many people in merch lines who are hoping that this changes.

Side note... there are lots of Pearl Jam cyclers out there and I can't help but think that a great PJ bike shirt (women&men) would be AWESOME!!! I have to laugh every time I put on my Pearl Izumi gloves. I've taken off the Izumi and added the Jam...too easy.
    Agreed. Some women's t-shirts the same as the men's please. And they need to be longer. Some of us are tall women, or just don't like short shirts. :) Perhaps a regular and long fit would be best.
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Iunderstand why you'd want this, but just wanted to point out that 10c tix are for 10c members, not 10c members and their entire family. That is what the public sale is for. ;) Also, I certainly hope you are wrong about PJ waiting another 5 years before another N. American tour!

Are you and your partner both 10c members? That would give you 4 tix ... well, if not for the drawing system ... As the kids get older, gift memberships are in order. That way everybody is a member and can buy tix legit. That's pretty cool that you want it to be a family affair. I'm the opposite and like to go alone most of the time. So if I had won a drawing ticket, my extra would have been up for grabs to a 10c member only ... Alas, I have none. :(
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,191
    Cosmo wrote:
    Dear Ten/VHC,
    This is my semi-regular suggestion to possibly enhance the Fan Club experience:
    The Ticket Lottery:
    The Ticket Lottery seems to be a general success. Sure, there are many who are unhappy, but that is what happens in a large, diverse community. But, from what i have been hearing, most people got their First Priority pick... that is good. The down side being, some got shut out. Here is my suggestion.
    Limit the lottery wins to a number... maybe 3 or 4. People can still request 16 shows (32 picks), but they should not win 16 shows. Limit them to 3 or 4, maximum. Anyone who wins 4 lotteries instead of 16 and still complains... kind of a dick, doncha think?

The Tour:
    Remove the Row 1-2, 9-10 lottery. There is too much controversy surrounding this. Meaning, the same person(s) getting the 1st or 2nd rows at several shows. I'm no mathematician, but winning the lottery 5 out of 5 times is not impossible... but, highly improbable. It casts doubts on the validity of the Row Lottery and gives the impression that it is unfair to the entire community. We love this band because of their integrity, honesty and truth... for its fan club to even appear to be otherwise is not the best reflection cast. It's okay to show favoritism to individuals... that happens... we understand. Just limit their rewards to one Row Lottery win. I think we can all live with that.

The Merchandise:
    This has become a big issue in the community. Here is what i suggest:
    Posters:
    Allow the person who wins the ticket lottery to pre-purchase one poster (sight unseen) for only the show they won. If they want one for their seat partner, they can get in line at the venue for the second poster.
    Shirts:
    If there is a city specific shirt, let that also be a one limit shirt pre-purchase (sight unseen).
    On the topic of shirts, think about the city specific Set List Shirt. They can all have the same front logo, except with the city and date printed below it... like the Wrigley shirts. The back will have the Set List from that show.
    i understand that merchandise and tickets are now the bread and butter of a band's income these days...I am cool with that. But, it would be nice if the fans get a descent shot at both tickets and goods, rather than scalpers and E-Bay flippers.
    Again, thanx for all you do. This is not a criticism of the Fan Club, rather some suggestions that may help to quell some of the incessant griping from the community.
    peace... love... surf...
    cosmo
    great ideas to put that fan club could use
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Dear 10C, re. the new app. The new update with the fixes was certainly appreciated thanks. Could you also look at fixing the PJ radio so that it updates the song titles as the playlist changes and so that it also continues to play in the background when using other apps. The radio turns off as soon as you close out of the PJ app screen. Cheers dudes.
  • Options
    AJ14630AJ14630 Posts: 5
    Dear 10C, re. the new app. The new update with the fixes was certainly appreciated thanks. Could you also look at fixing the PJ radio so that it updates the song titles as the playlist changes and so that it also continues to play in the background when using other apps. The radio turns off as soon as you close out of the PJ app screen. Cheers dudes.

I second this. Really enjoying the PJ radio access on the app, but would be nice if the music continued when the phone goes to sleep mode.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I would love to have a Paypal option for the shop.......I'd buy alot more if there was this option,I don't like to use my CC that much as your shop doesn't have that secure lock thingy :lol:

It is a secure server. When you click "proceed to checkout" http changes to https.
  • Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    It actually doesnt show the same security setting. I remember asking this before and being told they have a different but secure way of taking payment
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    Paige-RooPaige-Roo Posts: 33
    I missed all those XM specials in December 2012 - I was in my dark world after breaking my ankle. I hope 10C will make them available.

And Eddie's solo bootlegs, please!!

Thank you for your hardwork!
  • Options
    robyniveyrobynivey Posts: 1
    I'm in the NY area and due to the amount of fan club members in this area, this is the 2nd tour that I wasn't lucky enough to be chosen for tix through the club. Has the band thought if doing a fan club only show?? That would be amazing!! Any talks of adding a show like last time they came around??

While I'm still not happy with ticketmaster...I had 4 tix, while in the process of paying, the site had an error and I lost them! After continuing for over an hour, I was lucky enough to get 2 tix...I am super excited & still love PJ!! Can't wait for Oct!!
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I'd really like a European Tour, very soon.

Actually, I usually can only manage one show, so if they could do Manchester UK, I would be grateful.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Ten Club should offer a pre-sale password for people that lost out on choices for the lotto.
    Send it in an email two nights before the public sale then have the "second chance" presale the day before it goes to the public. That way active members have a chance at the pool of tix before the open feeding frenzy.
    Just a thought.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    TP80932TP80932 Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 45
    Would 10C consider doing another run of merch for the Wrigley show and making it available online? I couldn't wait in the pre-show lines (traveled in from AZ), and by the time I got to the tables at the concert all they had left was shirts. I realize this wouldn't work for most shows, but Wrigley was different. Every piece of merch sold is now available on eBay for 2 or 3 times the original price - if you did another run of the posters (PLEASE!!) and the hats for everybody who couldn't get one I'm reasonably sure you'd sell out again. Plus it would be a nice way to throw salt in the game of all the "merch scalpers" who only bought things so they could be sold on the secondary market.
    I still can't figure out how to change my username...
  • Options
    TP80932 wrote:
    Would 10C consider doing another run of merch for the Wrigley show and making it available online? I couldn't wait in the pre-show lines (traveled in from AZ), and by the time I got to the tables at the concert all they had left was shirts. I realize this wouldn't work for most shows, but Wrigley was different. Every piece of merch sold is now available on eBay for 2 or 3 times the original price - if you did another run of the posters (PLEASE!!) and the hats for everybody who couldn't get one I'm reasonably sure you'd sell out again. Plus it would be a nice way to throw salt in the game of all the "merch scalpers" who only bought things so they could be sold on the secondary market.
    I would definitely buy a PJ Wrigley hat if they became available in the shop (assuming it wasn't ugly).
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    I have another suggestion:

Since the tenclub grew thus big and since the ticket-demand for certain shows exceeds the ticket-supply (as shown by the lottery requests of the tenclub-members), why not switch shese shows to 10c-only-shows? (if that should be possible according to the contractual obligations of the band)

In this case, the persons who want the tickets for watching the band would get the tickets and those who only want the tickets for making money with them would be locked out. And it would be much easier to find the black sheeps within 10c (hopefully there are none)

cheers
    Lenz
  • Options
    over50fanover50fan Posts: 18
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TP80932 wrote:
    I would definitely buy a PJ Wrigley hat if they became available in the shop (assuming it wasn't ugly).
    I got me a set list shirt but I would definitely buy a blue ballpark shirt and a hat and some stickers. 10C could make alot more money. Wrigley was "special" and I would love to have more merch. for myself and my son..... not to resell
    :thumbup:
    Later, Lolly
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm sticking it out there because of the issues I saw with Wrigley. <
    I wasn't even there.

Merch line: Is there a room or indoor area you can block off so people can get their merch without all the pushing and shoving? A sort of pseudo 'pop-up shop'. Set it up like the PJ20 museum, let in 50 people at a time (or whatever), when 4 people leave (or whatever) let in more people. The way the poster show was run was excellent, no 'going back' and 'adding more' items, "You want more? Get back in line"

It was a huge problem in Missoula, I was in line 2 hours before they opened, and watched them set up the stand, only to be continually ignored for over an hour while other people who cut in line got served before me, I even said, "I HAVE CASH" several times since they were freaking out over the credit card machines not working. Maybe even have a 'CASH ONLY' and a 'CREDIT/CASH' check out line.

I realize it's overwhelming to have hundreds of people shouting and freaking out over merch, it would be easier on the people working the booths and the people who want to buy. :idea:

I realize this would only work for pre-sale, before the show starts. Maybe even give 10c members a wristband for entry into the 'mech pop-up shop' so they have first crack at the merch before flippers.

I did like that you put together something showing what merch was available, then people could make lists beforehand.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I wasn't even there.

Merch line: Is there a room or indoor area you can block off so people can get their merch without all the pushing and shoving? A sort of pseudo 'pop-up shop'. Set it up like the PJ20 museum, let in 50 people at a time (or whatever), when 4 people leave (or whatever) let in more people. The way the poster show was run was excellent, no 'going back' and 'adding more' items, "You want more? Get back in line"

It was a huge problem in Missoula, I was in line 2 hours before they opened, and watched them set up the stand, only to be continually ignored for over an hour while other people who cut in line got served before me, I even said, "I HAVE CASH" several times since they were freaking out over the credit card machines not working. Maybe even have a 'CASH ONLY' and a 'CREDIT/CASH' check out line.

I realize it's overwhelming to have hundreds of people shouting and freaking out over merch, it would be easier on the people working the booths and the people who want to buy. :idea:

I realize this would only work for pre-sale, before the show starts. Maybe even give 10c members a wristband for entry into the 'mech pop-up shop' so they have first crack at the merch before flippers.

I did like that you put together something showing what merch was available, then people could make lists beforehand.
    I'm going to tag on to this one because it's a good idea:
    Set up a 'Tour' section in the 'Goods' Section of this website.
    List the majority of goods to be sold on the tour and only allow those members who won tickets during the ticket lottery to pre-order the stuff they want. Include a generic poster option for one poster, sight unseen, to the show they won. Also, one city specific shirt (if avaiable).
    Send to the addressee after the tour Leg completes.
    Not enough employees? Then process and ship after the last show of the tour.
    Unsold quantities go up for sale to the general membership only for one week after the end of the last show... opened up to the general public after that.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I wasn't even there.

I'm going to tag on to this one because it's a good idea:
    Set up a 'Tour' section in the 'Goods' Section of this website.
    List the majority of goods to be sold on the tour and only allow those members who won tickets during the ticket lottery to pre-order the stuff they want. Include a generic poster option for one poster, sight unseen, to the show they won. Also, one city specific shirt (if avaiable).
    Send to the addressee after the tour Leg completes.
    Not enough employees? Then process and ship after the last show of the tour.
    Unsold quantities go up for sale to the general membership only for one week after the end of the last show... opened up to the general public after that.
    Agree, except don't restrict to those who won tix. Many, many members who go to the shows didn't win the tix themselves - they got someone's spare. :)