Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    Most people will put their Prio#1 at the place closest to them, so you and hell-man-made have that Hometown-thing already.

Or are you being so selfish to actually think that fans living in the few actual cities that PJ tour (and tour over and over again) should have more right to tickets?

Wouldn't really be far to the many cities, states and COUNTRIES where they doesn't tour at all.

Just selfish and egocentric. And not fair in any way, whatever
    thinks.

I think the point some are trying to make is that some people go to multiple shows and win them all, or some, or most, and people who can't afford to travel get shut out of the one show they can actually go to, that's all. not trying to shut people out (like myself) where the band rarely travels to.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    AntigoneAntigone Posts: 34
    Dercheef wrote:
    Antigone wrote:
    Fortunately I got tix (to SD), but you're missing my point (or maybe it didn't come across clear in text). I just used my case as an example where my friend, who lives out of state, set a show lower priority and got tix versus me, the hometowner, who sets that same show higher priority and doesn't get tix.

I've read of other 10C'ers who truly did get shut out of heir hometown and other shows. Then, there are others who got tix to multiple shows (my friend being one of them)--shows where perhaps one pair of tix would have gone to a hometowner who got shut out. I side with the hometowners. Not everybody is able to travel to other cities.

Put yourself in their shoes. I think you'd be really unhappy if you weren't able to get 10C tix, especially if you learn that someone who lives out of state or country won multiple shows, one of which was your hometown. You want to talk about selfish and egocentric, talk to those people who won most, if not all, of their choices. Talk to those people who've recently seen them play, entered the drawing *again* and won *again*. Wanting to see them in your hometown is not selfish.

Bottom line, all 10C'ers should be allowed to win at least one show - be it hometown or another city of choice. That's fair.
    Well you would've gotten you hometown show if you would have put it as your #1 Pick. But since you didn't you I guess you just didn't want to got that bad...but still you complain. :fp:
    A lot of people will never ever get a hometown show in their lifes and that is why they have to travel to see a few shows. So why again should you get tickets to your hometown instead of those poeple? At least you have the convenience of sleeping in your own bed when you come home. I had that experience 2 out of 34 times I saw them and I still had to drive for two hours before I got home.

Once again, you are completely missing my entire point. Re-read what I previously wrote. I am not complaining. I am voicing my opinion and standing with others who were shut out. Not that it's even relevant, but I didn't choose LA first because I knew it would be higher demand and my chances of winning a random drawing would be slim, and look, I was right; I didn't win (regardless of priority). Remember, member city and number doesn't count in this lotto system. If 2,000 people from all over world are entering the lotto for an LA show and only 1,000 tix are available, what are my chances? I choose a less popular city, like San Diego, where only 200 people enter the drawing with 1,000 tix available, what are my chances? Do I not have a better chance at San Diego than LA? So, having explained that, imagine another city with high demand and 10C members who are unable to travel outside their hometown.

You can say "feel grateful that they're coming to your town" or "at least you have the convenience of sleeping in your own bed" blah, blah, blah. That's all beside the point. If it would cost nothing to be part of the club, then I can see the free-for-all random lotto system. In my opinion, the fact that people pay membership so that they can get good tix changes the dynamic.

Let me reverse your question and ask you this hypothetical--if you saw them last year in Europe, why should I feel OK with you winning tix in my US hometown when you had your opportunity last year and I haven't seen them in 4 years? (assuming this North American tour lotto was open to members overseas) Is it fair that I have to wait another 4 years to *maybe* win tix? And please, let's not introduce "there's always Ticketbastard." Again, people pay yearly membership for a reason.
    "If you hate something, don't you do it, too."
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Antigone wrote:
    Dercheef wrote:
    Antigone wrote:
    Fortunately I got tix (to SD), but you're missing my point (or maybe it didn't come across clear in text). I just used my case as an example where my friend, who lives out of state, set a show lower priority and got tix versus me, the hometowner, who sets that same show higher priority and doesn't get tix.

I've read of other 10C'ers who truly did get shut out of heir hometown and other shows. Then, there are others who got tix to multiple shows (my friend being one of them)--shows where perhaps one pair of tix would have gone to a hometowner who got shut out. I side with the hometowners. Not everybody is able to travel to other cities.

Put yourself in their shoes. I think you'd be really unhappy if you weren't able to get 10C tix, especially if you learn that someone who lives out of state or country won multiple shows, one of which was your hometown. You want to talk about selfish and egocentric, talk to those people who won most, if not all, of their choices. Talk to those people who've recently seen them play, entered the drawing *again* and won *again*. Wanting to see them in your hometown is not selfish.

Bottom line, all 10C'ers should be allowed to win at least one show - be it hometown or another city of choice. That's fair.

Let me reverse your question and ask you this hypothetical--if you saw them last year in Europe, why should I feel OK with you winning tix in my US hometown when you had your opportunity last year and I haven't seen them in 4 years? (assuming this North American tour lotto was open to members overseas) Is it fair that I have to wait another 4 years to *maybe* win tix? And please, let's not introduce "there's always Ticketbastard." Again, people pay yearly membership for a reason.

Couldn't you have gone to Europe to see them as they are going to do coming here? :nono:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32
    If it would cost nothing to be part of the club, then I can see the free-for-all random lotto system. In my opinion, the fact that people pay membership so that they can get good tix changes the dynamic.

Let me reverse your question and ask you this hypothetical--if you saw them last year in Europe, why should I feel OK with you winning tix in my US hometown when you had your opportunity last year and I haven't seen them in 4 years? (assuming this North American tour lotto was open to members overseas) Is it fair that I have to wait another 4 years to *maybe* win tix? And please, let's not introduce "there's always Ticketbastard." Again, people pay yearly membership for a reason.[/quote]

THANK YOU, ANTIGONE - I got shut out entirely and have been waiting and paying dues for a membership for the tickets, haven't seen Pearl Jam since 2009 when they last toured. Membership fees went way up and I could have used that cash to pay for the tickets I'm going to have to find next Saturday via ... ugh ... Ticketmaster ... Will I have to wait four more years and keep paying dues to hope for tickets again in the future?? I sure hope not.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Antigone wrote:
    Dercheef wrote:
    Antigone wrote:

Well you would've gotten you hometown show if you would have put it as your #1 Pick. But since you didn't you I guess you just didn't want to got that bad...but still you complain. :fp:
    A lot of people will never ever get a hometown show in their lifes and that is why they have to travel to see a few shows. So why again should you get tickets to your hometown instead of those poeple? At least you have the convenience of sleeping in your own bed when you come home. I had that experience 2 out of 34 times I saw them and I still had to drive for two hours before I got home.

Once again, you are completely missing my entire point. Re-read what I previously wrote. I am not complaining. I am voicing my opinion and standing with others who were shut out. Not that it's even relevant, but I didn't choose LA first because I knew it would be higher demand and my chances of winning a random drawing would be slim, and look, I was right; I didn't win (regardless of priority). Remember, member city and number doesn't count in this lotto system. If 2,000 people from all over world are entering the lotto for an LA show and only 1,000 tix are available, what are my chances? I choose a less popular city, like San Diego, where only 200 people enter the drawing with 1,000 tix available, what are my chances? Do I not have a better chance at San Diego than LA? So, having explained that, imagine another city with high demand and 10C members who are unable to travel outside their hometown.

You can say "feel grateful that they're coming to your town" or "at least you have the convenience of sleeping in your own bed" blah, blah, blah. That's all beside the point. If it would cost nothing to be part of the club, then I can see the free-for-all random lotto system. In my opinion, the fact that people pay membership so that they can get good tix changes the dynamic.

First of all, I'm sorry but your chances of winning LA were much better than winning San Diego. In La you could only get one show and the arena is bigger than in SD. Actually after Seattle San Diego was the toughest ticket to get on the west coast.
    Everyone of us pays the same memebership fees, so why shouldn't it be a free for all lotto system?
    And how exactly would your idea work anyways? How would you determine who should get tickets and who shouldn't? Again, hometown advantage screws a lot of people, same goes for country or continent advantages. A time restriction? I should only be allowed to buy tix until everyone around the globe got the chance before me? That again would be a regional restriction which is bullshit. Only one ticket per tour? People in high demand areas would still be screwed and 10c would sell less tickets in other citys which is defienately not in their interest.
    And since PJ will play new stuff on the coming tour, I absolutely see no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy tickets just because they might get back to europe.

There just is no system which would guarantee you tickets and any such system would screw a lot of people.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,181
    Antigone wrote:

And this seems to be a big error in the lottery, higher prios should be honored. That is how I thought it would work.

And if the lottery worked in that way, that the people with a higher priority could not loose to someone who had put the exact same choice lower - than you have that hometown-prio pretty much in practice.

Cuz as a rule I'm sure most people would put their closest arena as prio1. (excluding foreigners, like myself)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Antigone wrote:

And this seems to be a big error in the lottery, higher prios should be honored. That is how I thought it would work.

And if the lottery worked in that way, that the people with a higher priority could not loose to someone who had put the exact same choice lower - than you have that hometown-prio pretty much in practice.

Cuz as a rule I'm sure most people would put their closest arena as prio1. (excluding foreigners, like myself)
    I think Antigone meant higher priority as in higher number and not as in better pick.
    You are right, it basically is a hometown priority, but Antigone went for SD as first pick and then got shutout for LA.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Firstly, THANK YOU Pearl Jam for completely and totally BRINGING IT at Wrigley. In what could have been an absolute disaster for everyone, you were a class act as always. Not only did Ed set the tone by addressing the fans in a positive manner, and promising more music, they came back after the weather to play a full show! That is MY band, yes!!! It could not have been easy (for Ed especially) to have to stop the show. In fact, my heart broke for him. To come back to a 90%+ full venue after a 3 hour rain delay and just completely blow us away - the best band ever! The ONLY thing that was in the band's control that would have improved the situation was periodic updates. That would have helped very much. Other than that, thank you for an amazing night I'll never forget!

Secondly, I'd love to see a pre-sale of posters/shirts for future shows. Perhaps the ability to choose when purchasing tickets to have shipped or picked up at the show. I'm not thinking things will be as crazy on this next tour at each individual city as they were at Wrigley, but it certainly would help in ensuring merch is getting into more fans hands than flippers.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Firstly, THANK YOU Pearl Jam for completely and totally BRINGING IT at Wrigley. In what could have been an absolute disaster for everyone, you were a class act as always. Not only did Ed set the tone by addressing the fans in a positive manner, and promising more music, they came back after the weather to play a full show! That is MY band, yes!!! It could not have been easy (for Ed especially) to have to stop the show. In fact, my heart broke for him. To come back to a 90%+ full venue after a 3 hour rain delay and just completely blow us away - the best band ever! The ONLY thing that was in the band's control that would have improved the situation was periodic updates. That would have helped very much. Other than that, thank you for an amazing night I'll never forget!

Secondly, I'd love to see a pre-sale of posters/shirts for future shows. Perhaps the ability to choose when purchasing tickets to have shipped or picked up at the show. I'm not thinking things will be as crazy on this next tour at each individual city as they were at Wrigley, but it certainly would help in ensuring merch is getting into more fans hands than flippers.
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    LboJFYN.jpg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    In regards to the new 10c ticket lottery...

I think this system is a great new option. However, it is very concerning that some members walk away winning every single entry (i've seen members win up to 8 shows/all of their selections) while other members win zero.
    All or none?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087

I think this system is a great new option. However, it is very concerning that some members walk away winning every single entry (i've seen members win up to 8 shows/all of their selections) while other members win zero.
    All or none?

I know what you mean. Hopefully, in the future, there will be some way of making sure everyone who enters wins at least one pair of tickets.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

All or none?

I know what you mean. Hopefully, in the future, there will be some way of making sure everyone who enters wins at least one pair of tickets.
    This would be impossible.
    But they should make sure so that no one wins two pairs untill as many as possible have won one pair.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,317

All or none?

This would be impossible.
    But they should make sure so that no one wins two pairs untill as many as possible have won one pair.

I support this. I lack the technical skills to know how to make it happen, and I know life isn't fair, but I'd like to see 10C keep working to make the system as fair as possible. I.e., make sure as many people as possible have tix to one show before letting the rest of us acquire tickets to additional shows.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

I support this. I lack the technical skills to know how to make it happen, and I know life isn't fair, but I'd like to see 10C keep working to make the system as fair as possible. I.e., make sure as many people as possible have tix to one show before letting the rest of us acquire tickets to additional shows.

On a theoretical level, it doesn't seem to be hard at all.

Run through the lottery with "prio1". Everyone who wins are taken aside from the lottery.

Everyone who couldn't score a "prio1" are run through again with prio 2, then prio 3, then prio 4 etc and if they score a ticket they also are taken aside.

When the computer have given out tickets to all that are able to get tickets. Everyone is put back in, and the computer runs through the lottery again. If you win a ticket this time your are once again taken aside, untill everyone has been run though.

Still a lottery, and still a bitch to get NY-GA or your prio1 or whatever. But no one can get two pairs of tickets before everyone who are able have gotten one pair.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,317
    That's how I had assumed the lottery would work - which was how I got shut out of London and Wrigley. :oops:
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    trentktrentk Posts: 62
    I posted this a few days ago, but I didn't realize there was a better thread until today. Essentially what I am suggesting is a small algorithmic change in the lottery in order to get more locals at a show. I am not talking about a huge change in the lottery, rather just a few tweaks that would allow a few more home town fans to stay home instead of traveling. (I realize some of you like to travel. I am speaking for the people who can't afford to do it).

Alright, everyone knows that there are certain cities where it will be hard to get tickets because of extreme demand due to a large number of 10 Club members or because the city in itself is a "cool" place to visit.
    Let's take Seattle for example. It's the band's home town, people love to travel here, and there are tons of fan club members. I can't tell you how many times I have heard fans say "man, it would be so awesome to see Pearl Jam in Seattle." Okay, so hopefully we can agree that Seattle is an "in demand" show.

Now, I know quite a few members who put Seattle at number 1 even though they don't live in Seattle. Part of the reason is that they didn't think they would win anyway. Also many people know the other venues in the NW are of comparable size (in fact, the Rose Garden in Portland can seat a few thousand more than Key Arena). It was much easier to think someone could have won a 2nd or 3rd choice show in Portland, Spokane, and Vancouver. And again there are others who just thought it would be cool to see PJ in Seattle so they put Seattle number 1.

Well, what happened? Lots of these people who didn't think there would be a chance in hell of winning won. And other folks who can afford to travel won too.

Why is this bad?
    This is bad for a couple reasons.
    First of all, there are literally thousands of local fans who did not get to see Pearl Jam in their home town. So what do they have to do? Travel or wait for Ticketmaster to attempt to get crappy seats. What do you need to travel? Money. Now these local fans have to shell out big bucks for gas, train or plane tickets, and hotels etc. to get to and stay in another city while at the same time people are traveling TO SEATTLE from areas near these other cities where Pearl Jam is going to play. (Note: good for them. Pearl Jam rules. No offense meant towards any travelers going to Seattle or any other city). However. not everyone has a ton of money. Not everyone can travel to multiple shows. Sure, tickets to see Pearl Jam aren't exactly cheap but they are very affordable compared to tickets plus all the travel expenses. So basically the system can really reward those with tons of cash to spend. And of course nobody wants to buy tickets from Ticketmaster because Ticketmaster sucks.

The other reason that out of town travelers winning the lottery is bad is because (and be prepared to laugh)...all the travel is a complete waste of natural resources and helps to promote pollution. I can already here people snickering so that's all I will say about the environment.

So here is a simple solution that would help attempt to keep the shows semi-local.
    Let's say there are 5000 fan club seats available in a given city. When the lottery begins a certain percentage of local fans with the show ranked #1 could be selected first. That way the lottery respects the local fan base and keeps people home. After this percentage of people are selected the lottery continues to operate exactly as it does now. People could still travel from anywhere in the country (or world) to attend a show. 10 Club could do this in every city. I think this idea could really help alleviate some of the frustration fan club members experienced this week.
    Notes: local would be defined differently for each city and for each tour. Basically the show closest to your home address would be your local show. Everyone would get a "local" show. Again, this is only a small tweak that would allow a few more fans to stay home or avoid getting shut out altogether.

Thanks 10 Club for considering this change.
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    Antigone wrote:

First of all, I'm sorry but your chances of winning LA were much better than winning San Diego. In La you could only get one show and the arena is bigger than in SD. Actually after Seattle San Diego was the toughest ticket to get on the west coast.
    Everyone of us pays the same memebership fees, so why shouldn't it be a free for all lotto system?
    And how exactly would your idea work anyways? How would you determine who should get tickets and who shouldn't? Again, hometown advantage screws a lot of people, same goes for country or continent advantages. A time restriction? I should only be allowed to buy tix until everyone around the globe got the chance before me? That again would be a regional restriction which is bullshit. Only one ticket per tour? People in high demand areas would still be screwed and 10c would sell less tickets in other citys which is defienately not in their interest.
    And since PJ will play new stuff on the coming tour, I absolutely see no reason why I shouldn't be able to buy tickets just because they might get back to europe.

There just is no system which would guarantee you tickets and any such system would screw a lot of people.

Nice way of avoiding answering my question ;) Lol. Anyway, We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Not sure why you'd even suggest SD was the toughest ticket to get second to Seattle. Unless you know something I don't, most people tend to travel to LA and do the touristy things in LA, not SD. LA is the bigger market therefore higher demand. That's why there are 2 LA shows.
  • Options
    Antigone wrote:

Exactly. That's how I thought it would work, as well. My first thought was that our membership number would be drawn once and then we'd get those shows according to how we prioritized them. Now, having gone through this, it seems our number is thrown into the drawing for every chosen show so we have to be picked not just once, but for each show entered. If our number is not drawn, then it's a loss regardless of how we prioritized that show.

I don't know. Wish we could get a better idea of how it works. If any 10C moderator could shed some light...? TIA! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Antigone wrote:
    Nice way of avoiding answering my question ;) Lol. Anyway, We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Not sure why you'd even suggest SD was the toughest ticket to get second to Seattle. Unless you know something I don't, most people tend to travel to LA and do the touristy things in LA, not SD. LA is the bigger market therefore higher demand. That's why there are 2 LA shows.
    I get that it is frustrating to not get tickets to your hometown. I really do. But the reality is that there is no system that would provide hometown a 100% chance of getting tickets while not screwing other people based on the region they live in. It would create a system where some people have better chances for tickets to some shows whereas some people have worse chances of getting tickets for every show. And I just don't think this is right.
    And with concern to your question: I don't think you should shut people out for some gigs just because they saw them recently. Every member should get equal opportunities within the club since everyone pays the same for the membership. If you can only go to your local shows, that is, quite frankly, your problem. The 10c has to create a system for the needs of every member and not just for some members. It's the only way to do. (I really don't know how to answer your question in any other way then that. Sorry if the answer is not satisfying for you ;) )

edit: So basically what I was trying to say: You are right, we have to agree to disagree. :)
    Post edited by Dercheef on
  • Options
    trentk wrote:
    I posted this a few days ago, but I didn't realize there was a better thread until today. Essentially what I am suggesting is a small algorithmic change in the lottery in order to get more locals at a show. I am not talking about a huge change in the lottery, rather just a few tweaks that would allow a few more home town fans to stay home instead of traveling. (I realize some of you like to travel. I am speaking for the people who can't afford to do it).

Alright, everyone knows that there are certain cities where it will be hard to get tickets because of extreme demand due to a large number of 10 Club members or because the city in itself is a "cool" place to visit.
    Let's take Seattle for example. It's the band's home town, people love to travel here, and there are tons of fan club members. I can't tell you how many times I have heard fans say "man, it would be so awesome to see Pearl Jam in Seattle." Okay, so hopefully we can agree that Seattle is an "in demand" show.

Now, I know quite a few members who put Seattle at number 1 even though they don't live in Seattle. Part of the reason is that they didn't think they would win anyway. Also many people know the other venues in the NW are of comparable size (in fact, the Rose Garden in Portland can seat a few thousand more than Key Arena). It was much easier to think someone could have won a 2nd or 3rd choice show in Portland, Spokane, and Vancouver. And again there are others who just thought it would be cool to see PJ in Seattle so they put Seattle number 1.

Well, what happened? Lots of these people who didn't think there would be a chance in hell of winning won. And other folks who can afford to travel won too.

Why is this bad?
    First of all, there are literally thousands of local fans who did not get to see Pearl Jam in their home town. So what do they have to do? Travel or wait for Ticketmaster to attempt to get crappy seats. What do you need to travel? Money. Now these local fans have to shell out big bucks for gas, train or plane tickets, and hotels etc. to get to and stay in another city while at the same time people are traveling TO SEATTLE from areas near these other cities where Pearl Jam is going to play. (Note: good for them. Pearl Jam rules. No offense meant towards any travelers going to Seattle or any other city). However. not everyone has a ton of money. Not everyone can travel to multiple shows. Sure, tickets to see Pearl Jam aren't exactly cheap but they are very affordable compared to tickets plus all the travel expenses. So basically the system can really reward those with tons of cash to spend. And of course nobody wants to buy tickets from Ticketmaster because Ticketmaster sucks.

The other reason that out of town travelers winning the lottery is bad is because (and be prepared to laugh)...all the travel is a complete waste of natural resources and helps to promote pollution. I can already here people snickering so that's all I will say about the environment.

So here is a simple solution that would help attempt to keep the shows semi-local.
    Let's say there are 5000 fan club seats available in a given city. When the lottery begins a certain percentage of local fans with the show ranked #1 could be selected first. That way the lottery respects the local fan base and keeps people home. After this percentage of people are selected the lottery continues to operate exactly as it does now. People could still travel from anywhere in the country (or world) to attend a show. 10 Club could do this in every city. I think this idea could really help alleviate some of the frustration fan club members experienced this week.
    Notes: local would be defined differently for each city and for each tour. Basically the show closest to your home address would be your local show. Everyone would get a "local" show. Again, this is only a small tweak that would allow a few more fans to stay home or avoid getting shut out altogether.

Terrible idea. With your idea every european would have Boston as their local show and for some reason I don't think Bostonians would appreciate that spike in competition. ;)
    People should really stop suggesting those regional restrictions. It just makes no sense with such a worldwide fan base.
  • Options
    trentktrentk Posts: 62
    Dercheef wrote:
    trentk wrote:

Why is this bad?

Terrible idea. With your idea every european would have Boston as their local show and for some reason I don't think Bostonians would appreciate that spike in competition. ;)
    People should really stop suggesting those regional restrictions. It just makes no sense with such a worldwide fan base.
    I am sure the 10 Club would be able to come up with an equitable way to appease the European fans just fine. Again, the suggestion is so only a few more members need to do less traveling. It makes absolutely no sense that throughout this tour hundreds (or maybe in Seattle's case thousands) of people need to leave their own city to see the band when the band is playing their own town.
    And again, the environmental waste is insane and I am sure people would rather spend their money on beers, shirts, and posters instead of on planes and hotels. The system is broke. I've never seen so many people dissatisfied and I've been a member for 16 years.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,675
    Europeans are not the problem when talking about a system that favours people local toshows. It's all the people who live in cities and towns nowhere near any place that PJ has ever or ever will play. It wwould be an insanely unfair system for a very large number of people who don't live in big cities or in cities that PJ will just never get around to playing. And that is why 10c will never adopt such a system, which is good (coming from someone who lives in a city that PJ has played nearly a dozen times I think).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mwildymwildy Posts: 2
    Just a couple of suggestions to add to the ticket process in the future...

Any chance PJ could reserve more tix in the future for 10c members? I have seen some posts reference a 10 percent cap per venue and I am not sure if that's true or not. Really not sure why the venue would care even if 10c sold out majority of show (I would think they'd be happy). Other issue may be Ticketmaster related because they don't get their typical fees on tix sold through the 10c? If this is the case, although not ideal, a lot of us would probably be fine paying the standard TM fee as part of the 10c ticket price if this significantly increases the number of pre-sale tickets available for the lottery. Unfortunately, the alternative is probably paying many times face value because the professional scalping co's are so efficient at picking up large blocks of tix when they go on sale to the general public. I realize it is necessary to keep some tickets available for general sale but as long as the venue and TM are indifferent, then increasing the number of available pre-sale tickets seems like it would be a net positive for 10c members and a net negative for the scalping co's.

I am generally a fan of the lottery system - it is fair and seniority stills get a nod via seat location if successful. However, I do thin the system would be improved if no one got their second set of tickets until everyone gets a shot at their first set. I have to believe the technology exists to reduce the odds that some fans win multiple venues while other fans get shut out completely for the same shows. Again, the best solution seems to be finding a way to increase the pool of available tickets.

I have noticed quite a few tickets already for sale on the various ticket and auction websites. These tickets seem to explicitly state they are not fan club tickets and they will be mailed prior to the show. I realize the venues may make some tickets available to employees etc and the band has no control over this, but I thought it was interesting that some of these seem to be for the GA standing room only (pit area) which was indicated as fan club only. Hope 10c members are not reselling tix for many times face value as this seems to be against the spirit of the whole process.

I think we all realize it is a difficult process and that it is impossible to make all fans happy all the time... Thank you for trying anyway! Very excited for the new album and upcoming tour. Good luck to everyone Saturday!

Hail hail
    mw
  • Options
    trentk wrote:
    I am sure the 10 Club would be able to come up with an equitable way to appease the European fans just fine. Again, the suggestion is so only a few more members need to do less traveling. It makes absolutely no sense that throughout this tour hundreds (or maybe in Seattle's case thousands) of people need to leave their own city to see the band when the band is playing their own town.
    And again, the environmental waste is insane and I am sure people would rather spend their money on beers, shirts, and posters instead of on planes and hotels. The system is broke. I've never seen so many people dissatisfied and I've been a member for 16 years.

Hehe. The prio-system is good enough for this. The thing you are suggestion is way more complicated, harder and would make more people go crazy on the forum. And wouldn't have much more, or more at all, positives than the prio -system, but cause more problems. But I bet from your standpoint it seems logical because it would be of gain for you.

If Seattle is such a clusterfuck and hot market, it should be solved by PJ playing two nights there. Or making it easier for Prios2/3 to not compete with the ones who already have got tickets. So you have to travel from Seattle to Vancouver (or whatever is closest) to see Pearl Jam even though you live in Seattle (if you refuse ordinary tickets)? Everyone from Turkey or Malta have to travel even further. Everyone from Japan have to visit another part of the world to see them.

And if you have never seen so many people dissatisfied in 16 years, you weren't here last year for the Europe pre-sale or for Wrigley, or for the last tours with F5-madness. Hyperbole. 80% seems to be quite happy with the lottery system, or whatever the percentage was.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,313
    oh they listen..oh yeah....ALOT....

Thank you
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Thank you
    Stop kissing ass, it aint cool ;)
  • Options

Thank you
    i dont have to do kiss anything..things works just fine with or or without me!! :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Thank you
    i dont have to do kiss anything..things works just fine with or or without me!! :mrgreen:
    Well, then she gets you on her wave length, and she lets the river answer...
  • Options
    Well, then she gets you on her wave length, and she lets the river answer...
    ha!