Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• words well spoken - but remember not every venue can accomodate a GA crowd. things have a way of working out. posimists rule :)
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I'm glad that those who wanted GA got it. I'm hoping, however, that GA won't be at every single show from here on out...maybe each tour could have some shows GA and some with all seats again? Just a thought. Some people have a hard time dealing with GA...shorter/more petite people, people who can stand for long periods of time but can't handle being pushed around for that long, etc.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • TM246613TM246613 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if this thread is currently being answered by Pearl Jam or not, but I wanted to send a message here. I am a 20+ year loyal fan and fan club member. I heard the first news of the fall tour and was so bummed to see that Minnesota was not on the list again. I know there is only so much the band can do and they can't possibly visit every state or country. But I had to just put my request in that Minnesota misses you PJ!!!! We haven't seen you since June of 2006!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE "Come Back"! Next spring would be awesome if you could!!!! No matter what I will still continue to be your #1 fan! I wish I could travel around the world to see you because trust me if I had the money or means to do so I would. Thank you for you time.

-Oh and one more thing, I have created my own Facebook Page: Pearl Jam Fans of MN

Tanya Marcella
    Minneapolis, MN
    Post edited by TM246613 on
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,107
    TM246613 wrote:
    I don't know if this thread is currently being answered by Pearl Jam or not, but I wanted to send a message here. I am a 20+ year loyal fan and fan club member. I heard the first news of the fall tour and was so bummed to see that Minnesota was not on the list again. I know there is only so much the band can do and they can't possibly visit every state or country. But I had to just put my request in that Minnesota misses you PJ!!!! We haven't seen you since June of 2006!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE "Come Back"! Next spring would be awesome if you could!!!! No matter what I will still continue to be your #1 fan! I wish I could travel around the world to see you because trust me if I had the money or means to do so I would. Thank you for you time.

Tanya Marcella
    Minneapolis, MN

Join us...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=171885
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    iamica wrote:
    I'm glad that those who wanted GA got it. I'm hoping, however, that GA won't be at every single show from here on out...maybe each tour could have some shows GA and some with all seats again? Just a thought. Some people have a hard time dealing with GA...shorter/more petite people, people who can stand for long periods of time but can't handle being pushed around for that long, etc.

Well here in Europe we only have GA possibilities, especially for a rocking band like PJ.
    Personally, I think the atmosphere is much cooler, then a sitting concert, even if most of the people will only
    sit on that chair for the first to minutes, but of course that is very personal. :oops:
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Given the new lottery approach appears here to stay I can see 10c members perhaps now picking shows you might not want to go (to be safe in lottery). Say you only want 1 show but sign up for 3 to be safe and then end up with 3 shows 2 of each you don't want to travel for and have paid more in ticket $ then you wanted to. Solutio is to MAIL tickets like 2 weeks before the show like Phish does. Will scalping increase slightly - yes but if something comes up or need to recoup costs - you are now not out $$$ - can sell tickets to 10c members or to a friend for face.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Dear Band:

While you're in WormTown please play a show at Mechanics Hall. An Acoustical masterpiece! And just as a matter of interest the venue is available Oct 16th. ;)

See you soon.

G
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,550
    I want to quote from another member who eloquently expressed what I've been feeling about this GA pit stuff the past few days:
    MG79478 wrote:
    Wow, everyone forgets about the middle numbers. The people who put in nearly as much time and money as the "oldiez" but never got the benefit. They would have enjoyed GA 15 years ago when they joined the 10C, but that was not the system at the time, so they waited patiently for their turn at the front, and now it will most likely never come.

People don't understand that some have been in the club for so long, and not even sniffed the first 10 rows.

Don't punish/alienate the majority for the actions of the few.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    I want to quote from another member who eloquently expressed what I've been feeling about this GA pit stuff the past few days:
    MG79478 wrote:
    Wow, everyone forgets about the middle numbers. The people who put in nearly as much time and money as the "oldiez" but never got the benefit. They would have enjoyed GA 15 years ago when they joined the 10C, but that was not the system at the time, so they waited patiently for their turn at the front, and now it will most likely never come.

People don't understand that some have been in the club for so long, and not even sniffed the first 10 rows.

Those people's time in the first 10 rows NEVER would have come anyway. No one is moving up in seniority in any meaningful way anymore, and they aren't going to. So the point you're making is moot.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,550
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:

Those people's time in the first 10 rows NEVER would have come anyway. No one is moving up in seniority in any meaningful way anymore, and they aren't going to. So the point you're making is moot.

The Bay Area hasn't had a true "seniority" show in 13 years. The 2003 show had the block system. The 2006 shows were GA. The 2009 show was a festival. Last year's show wasn't even acknowledged by the band. I was really looking forward to seeing what my number would have gotten me this tour after 15 years of paying fan club fees. And you're wrong when you say NEVER. I was 23rd row in 2000; when I used my number for one of the LA shows in 2009, I had moved up to about row 11. So, I was making steady progress over the years.
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    This may not be possible because of the number of allotted 10c tix, but if there was some way that everyone who enters the lottery could be guaranteed one show, that would be fantastic! I am planning to try for 4 or 5, but even if I only get one, I will be very happy!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I thought they took the monies out, and if you don't win,They give it back.
    So I only put in for one choice because I didn't have enough money to choose two. :(
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    is it possible ,to open a new forum, so members can tell their complains,ideas,what they dont like how 10c and the band runs the business ,or ask their questions about how things works,about tix,memebrships etc??
    and someone from the office answer like once a week there?
    or do it 2 times per week at chat??so can be useful as well??
    maybe save some time from alot of emails you receive with multiple same questions at the info-ticket email adress and the same time we have less threads about the same topic and the same questions?
    will be good if we can focus alittle at music,and shows at porch forum,
    thanks for Listening
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • is it possible ,to open a new forum, so members can tell their complains,ideas,what they dont like how 10c and the band runs the business ,or ask their questions about how things works,about tix,memebrships etc??
    and someone from the office answer like once a week there?
    or do it 2 times per week at chat??so can be useful as well??
    maybe save some time from alot of emails you receive with multiple same questions at the info-ticket email adress and the same time we have less threads about the same topic and the same questions?
    will be good if we can focus alittle at music,and shows at porch forum,
    thanks for Listening

Maybe, something like this. ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIXKd-N ... emFR04ZQlE
    Only instead of guitars, the PJ "panel" could address questions, moans, complaints, concerns, etc.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • pjcreekpjcreek Posts: 1
    I love everything that the band does for the fans. You guys are great. I feel that the prices on the fan club items are high when you consider a member is already paying a premium. I think, for example, that an item like the Vs./Vitalogy reissue was overpriced, and I did not purchase it.

I'm not sure if other fans are feeling the same thing, but I'd settle for less in some regards if the price were lower. Let's be honest, a lot of us have been acquiring a lot of stuff over the years, and I love every bit of it. But, I sometimes start to feel more like a collector than a fan. I know production costs are high, but I'd love to see more good, old-fashioned music without all of the bells and whistles. Look at that - I'm sounding like an old man. I love all that you guys do, but $150 for something is a lot of money for me, and perhaps others out there.
    donnaruhl wrote:
    So I only put in for one choice because I didn't have enough money to choose two. :(
    They did tell us about the change in the email.... although didn't draw particular attention to it. I guess the lesson is that we all need to thoroughly read every single email about tickets that 10C sends so that we don't miss policy changes. But you know, the lottery is still open, so it's not too late for you to do anything you want! Just cancel your choices and choose again. :)

And to the OP of this thread and anyone who agrees.... Easy solution to your dilemma: Stop buying so much merch! Just because it's available doesn't mean you need to have it! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:
    They did tell us about the change in the email.... although didn't draw particular attention to it. I guess the lesson is that we all need to thoroughly read every single email about tickets that 10C sends so that we don't miss policy changes. But you know, the lottery is still open, so it's not too late for you to do anything you want! Just cancel your choices and choose again. :)

And to the OP of this thread and anyone who agrees.... Easy solution to your dilemma: Stop buying so much merch! Just because it's available doesn't mean you need to have it! ;)

Fuck Merch

I'd rather eat :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    donnaruhl wrote:

Fuck Merch

I'd rather eat :lol:
    ..... It seems I posted that in the wrong thread. :think: It was supposed to be a thread about how the OP felt like a collector and not a fan.... Did I combine two replies into one post by accident?? I think I need a nap.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ..... It seems I posted that in the wrong thread. :think: It was supposed to be a thread about how the OP felt like a collector and not a fan.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Okeeeeeee :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ..... It seems I posted that in the wrong thread. :think: It was supposed to be a thread about how the OP felt like a collector and not a fan.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's been a very rough day! :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's been a very rough day! :lol:

Same here. Got about an hour and a half-2 hours of sleep last night and went into work at 8 this morning.

I told my boss to just let me fall if I pass out... I deserved it. :lol:
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Well,I just went back,Canceled and re-submitted my tickets. In the news letter,It stated that
    reserved seating is for Seniority 10 Clubbers,So I had to reorder for G.A. also. In order to
    possibly get something. I thought it was a Lottery. Do they Lotto out the seniority fans as well?
    I was in the club back in 1998. Does that count for something. :( :cry::lol: :oops:
  • I think the name of this upcoming tour is misleading. With 2 Canadian shows only (Calgary and Vancouver), this is hardly a "North American" tour. Maybe "U.S. Tour"? Even that is misleading since most of the south and midwest are missed. Maybe "West Coast and Northeast Runs (With a Few Other Dates Thrown In)" :D

Just sayin...
    ~~~~~~~Vinyl For Sale (shipping costs in North America included)~~~~~~~
    The Who - Phases Box Set. Ltd. Ed. All 9 studio albums w/ Moon (11 discs) $200
    ^discogs entry link^
    Peter Gabriel - Up 200 gram 'Classic Records' audiophile version. Sealed. $225
    ^discogs entry link^
    Van Halen - I 180 gram Remastered 'DCC Compact Classic' version. Ltd. Ed. (#53!). Sealed. $175
    ^discogs entry link^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • JD2381JD2381 Posts: 52

The Bay Area hasn't had a true "seniority" show in 13 years. The 2003 show had the block system. The 2006 shows were GA. The 2009 show was a festival. Last year's show wasn't even acknowledged by the band. I was really looking forward to seeing what my number would have gotten me this tour after 15 years of paying fan club fees. And you're wrong when you say NEVER. I was 23rd row in 2000; when I used my number for one of the LA shows in 2009, I had moved up to about row 11. So, I was making steady progress over the years.

I've been lamenting the same (and also went down to LA in '09 for that reason). But actually I'm thrilled at the prospect of being in section 127 or 116, with the band feeding off the energy of a 10-club only GA pit (fingers crossed that my lottery number comes up, of course). Even if there were seats on the floor, I'd prefer to be in 127/116 than being in row 10+ on the floor.

So consider this 19-year member happy and hopeful.
    PJ:
    11/1/1992 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/1/1994 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/24/1995 San Francisco // 11/4/1995 San Jose // 10/19/1996 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/19/1997 Oakland (opening for Rolling Stones) // 6/30/1998 Minneapolis // 9/11/1998 New York // 10/30/1999 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/31/2000 Mountain View // 10/21/2001 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 6/1/2003 Mountain View // 6/6/2003 Las Vegas // 10/26/2003 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2006 Albany, NY // 7/15/2006 San Francisco // 7/16/2006 San Francisco // 10/22/2006 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/12/2008 Los Angeles (VH1 Rock Honors The Who) // 8/28/2009 San Francisco (Outside Lands) // 10/1/2009 Los Angeles // 10/24/2010 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 11/26/2013 Oakland // 10/19/2014 St. Paul // 10/26/2014 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 5/12/2022 Oakland // 5/13/24 Sacramento
    EV:
    10/24/2004 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 7/11/11 Oakland // 10/23/11 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 10/21/12 Mountain View (Bridge School) // 

• KL119975KL119975 Posts: 125
    Did my member number change again? I thought the number in my user name was my member number now it shows my member number as 275272. I lost my old Member name of mweeps when the "new" pearljam.com site went live. I had to email Ten Club several times to even be able to login. I thought you had a grace period for seniority to not change I think I renewed after the expiration date once by like three days.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    thank you for ADA seat ordering info in the ten club email.

(please be careful. wish there was a way ten club could confirm disability before doling out member tickets)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    GREAT JOB 10c on your first full-tour lottery!!!
    From the front end, looks like things went smoothly, and that people were notified accordingly.
    It was a long wait, but I'm not sure that could've been avoided based on the processing of each member cc individually. Hope you're all getting a breather today. :D
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • leespjleespj Posts: 174
    No joy here in the lottery. 10C should release how many 10C tickets available for each show and how many 10C members applied for a pair on each show and what percentage of members applied. Not happy. It is extremely difficult getting tickets for major bands on a public sale on ticketmaster. It's almost impossible.
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• It amazes me how people pulled the "I've been a 10C member for 20 years" card, or "I've spent thousands of dollars on this band" card, or the such, just because they weren't drawn to buy a ticket, as if being an old member or spending loads of money entitles them to a ticket, which eventually they will have to pay for. It happened with tonite's show, with next Friday show, and EV solo tour and PJ europe tour and US shows last year. It happened with Uranus shows for christ's sake! So, if you couldn't buy tickets now, buy them later during the general sale: you will be able to get tickets for GA or good seats. But this entitlement is out of the question, and totally disrespectful.

And what amazes me even more is that these people are so upset now that they claim they won't renew their membership. These people, who barely take part on any discussion, come to boards showing their so called "credentials" to express their disappointment and get approval, self assurance, empathy or sympathy from the rest of the participating members of the boards. Why on earth do those people do that? They are shoving their "so called credentials" over our faces because tehy weren't drawn in the lottery, as if they deserve to be drawn more than any other 10C member? How do those people expect anything when they never took the time to write a decent user name, and the rest of us don't even know their name? Or worse, some claim to have multiple memberships in order to raise their chances to get tickets over those who can afford only one membership, why don't you use that extra money you pay here to buy the tickets on the general sale and a couple of extra beers during the show? This attitude from many members beats me completely.

During the past, some people who didn't get stuff, be it tix, vinyl, dvd, backpack or dog collar, threaten to quit the 10C, but don't worry, nobody kept their promise, we'll be reading posts from them after the next drawing for tickets for the upcoming Canadian/European/Australian/Latinamerica tour...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    hoping for a tm presale
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!