Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 347
    Member #106XXX here. I've been a fan club member for going on 19 years or so and this is the FIRST time I have ever been shut out for tickets. Ever. I remember sending in for my tickets to Randall's Island in '96. I remember cutting out the coupon and sending in a check for the Yield tour and the Binaural tours. I remember logging on to the servers when 10c had the entire tour go on sale at once. I remember rejoicing when they decided to stagger the on sale times in later tours. I've gone to multiple shows at MSG, the Philly Spectrum shows, multiple EV shows, etc. I am shocked that the new system couldn't secure an 19 year member one pair of tickets to a 45,000 person baseball stadium.

I've always gotten tickets in the past because it was a priority for me. I had my finger "on the button" exactly at the time the tickets went on sale. I made sure I didn't accidentally throw away the mail order newsletter with the ticket instructions. Yes it was stressful, but it worked and it rewarded those of us that are hardcore enough to care, be attentive and make time for the presales.

This is not a good start for the new system. At the very least, it needs to at least have some sort of feature that rewards those that got shut out of one tour so that they get priority for the next tour.

Feel free to flame me all you want, but I've seen 10c change its process over the years and am less than thrilled by this one.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    How about giving the home town folks 1st dibs on tickets for their home town show ...

This.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 514
    Go back to the way ticketing was or let Ticketmaster handle the Ten Club pre-sale!!!

I agree...and I scored GA. This lottery system will eventually bite everyone on the ass...
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    thebends9 wrote:
    Go back to the way ticketing was or let Ticketmaster handle the Ten Club pre-sale!!!

I agree...and I scored GA. This lottery system will eventually bite everyone on the ass...

I Agree. This lottery is not fair to those who are long term loyal fans. Please return to the previous system and use your extra resources from the increased membership fees to updating or renting legitimate servers so it doesn't crash.

Other opinions from a member #130xxx:

announce all tour dates at one time...do not announce 5...sell tix...then announce another 5 and so on....it makes it impossible to really plan anything. If anything, this has caused people to panic that they may not get to see the band again for another many years...so EVERYONE tries to get tickets no matter how far they will have to travel. That will go down if we know there are going to be other shows closer to us. This is a SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM FOR US AND YOU!

if you must use the lottery for the fall tour...stagger them so we know the results of 1 before the next drawing occurs. This should be easy to do as long as you plan for it!

get rid of the 1, 2, 9, 10 row lottery...

there should be some way to allow hometown or area (say 200 mile radius) priority especially for these random single shows that occur every other year. Then play shows in cities other than the NE, west coast, and Chicago.

play tenclub only shows...do a tenclub only TOUR!

Play a theatre tour...PLEASE!

go back to using non-TM venues....or utilize TM to assist with your fanclub ticket system....

go back to snail mail first come first serve mail in method...this sucked as it required cash...but I made it work....anything pre-2006 tour worked just fine...

make sure your tenclub members are not scalpers!!!! Hopefully you already have a way to deal with this possibility!

research what seems to work for other bands with large fanclub ticketing...

I don't know...but please get rid of this lottery!

and don't forget the loyal fans that helped get you this far!

thanks for reading and taking our considerations for improving the system!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    gmariec wrote:
    I have been an avid fan since '91. I have lurked this Pearl Jam forum for many years and really enjoyed all the conversations and information shared. So why am I posting now???? Good question. It is something that has been brewing inside me for a while now.

It seems as of late I have seen a trend of fans feeling more and more like they "deserve" more. More from the band, more from 10C, more of everything. Of course, I know, I am not speaking of everyone, just a growing number it seems.

As I think any true Pearl Jam fan would agree, we (the fans) deserve NOTHING from the band!  For the 10's of thousands of REAL PJ fans there are, each one has a story of how the band, the music, and the WORDS written, have effected their lives.  Each one just as compelling as the next.  The countless lives saved, renewed, and changed.

I believe each soul of this band (Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt) have sacrificed and given so much of themselves and their lives to this entity called "Pearl Jam", the only thing "deserved" is our unending gratitude!  I will admit (ashamed) that in the beginning years I was one of those "sponges" that just couldn't get enough-always wanting more of them.  I was young, not in a very good place, disturbing childhood etc. and needed everything they could give.  Like oxygen. Never once noticed how much they were suffering.  I feel really bad about that.  Guilty even.

Looking back over the last 21 years I am amazed and so completely thankful that they all somehow made it through to the other side of the madness, and hopefully now can finally sit back and relish in all that they have done and accomplished.  They have circled the planet and saved many souls.  How many people can claim that?  I can think of only a few.

Myself being one of those that made it through to the other side of the madness, I have nothing but love and thanks.  I will confess that it is on my bucket list to somehow thank them, (especially Ed for the words he wrote).  Somehow, actually saying the words out loud "thank you" seems like it would be a tremendous release for me.  But in that same moment---trivial.  Like a grain of sand on a endless beach.  Nothing. But it certainly isn't anything I think the band "owes" me. Any amount of time, money etc. I have spent on supporting the band could never afford me anything from the band itself.

The music. That is their gift. The words written. That is their gift. We all have our songs.  Songs that speak to our individual souls in a way that nothing else does.  The ones that when our ear hears the very first note, our heart sinks and the soul aches.  The ones that miraculously dragged us out of places no human soul should be.  The darkest places that no one admits to having, much less talks about.  Without these songs, our human mind cant fathom where our lives might have led, if at all.

I know I speak for hundred of thousands of fans here. Nothing new. Nothing that anyone one of us hasnt heard before.

It is my WISHLIST that the band somehow is finding some comfort in this world as I have found in them.

God Bless.
    :thumbup: :clap: THANK YOU!!!

Nicely put my friend.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    thank you 10c for find the way and respect and treat new and old fans the same when it comes the chances to score tix..

after today that i read so many posts from members that the only argument against your new system was their seniority number and they didnt score for the first time ,and new different members scored the tickets ,i really support more your choice of the lottery system..

after the draw and if you score tix, i agree the old members need to be award with better seat ,closer to the stage

even will make it harder for me to score more than one show,even not one show cos i go more than one show per tour,i still support,this fair,no stress,fast new system..

i believe you work a little more about the priority of the shows,the CC card hold funds,maybe single tix..and some more fresh ideas..to add

and something last...

there is no such thing better fan than others...

no one here cos i born and live in Greece ,thing im proud ,can tell me is better,more loyal faithful fan
    and deserves more than me,cos i become member later than him at 10c,cos pj came to my country for a show 1st time after 15 years after they become a band..and will never come again back...makes it total 1 time at 21 years being a band

same goes to me,i cant play it better ,bigger fan to a 17 years old kid that just become a member and want to see his favorite band for the first time..

thanks for trying,,,a change need to be made,for ALL the fans...thanks for getting there
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    55 MA Posts: 157
    gmariec wrote:
    I have been an avid fan since '91. I have lurked this Pearl Jam forum for many years and really enjoyed all the conversations and information shared. So why am I posting now???? Good question. It is something that has been brewing inside me for a while now.

It seems as of late I have seen a trend of fans feeling more and more like they "deserve" more. More from the band, more from 10C, more of everything. Of course, I know, I am not speaking of everyone, just a growing number it seems.

As I think any true Pearl Jam fan would agree, we (the fans) deserve NOTHING from the band!  For the 10's of thousands of REAL PJ fans there are, each one has a story of how the band, the music, and the WORDS written, have effected their lives.  Each one just as compelling as the next.  The countless lives saved, renewed, and changed.

I believe each soul of this band (Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt) have sacrificed and given so much of themselves and their lives to this entity called "Pearl Jam", the only thing "deserved" is our unending gratitude!  I will admit (ashamed) that in the beginning years I was one of those "sponges" that just couldn't get enough-always wanting more of them.  I was young, not in a very good place, disturbing childhood etc. and needed everything they could give.  Like oxygen. Never once noticed how much they were suffering.  I feel really bad about that.  Guilty even.

Looking back over the last 21 years I am amazed and so completely thankful that they all somehow made it through to the other side of the madness, and hopefully now can finally sit back and relish in all that they have done and accomplished.  They have circled the planet and saved many souls.  How many people can claim that?  I can think of only a few.

Myself being one of those that made it through to the other side of the madness, I have nothing but love and thanks.  I will confess that it is on my bucket list to somehow thank them, (especially Ed for the words he wrote).  Somehow, actually saying the words out loud "thank you" seems like it would be a tremendous release for me.  But in that same moment---trivial.  Like a grain of sand on a endless beach.  Nothing. But it certainly isn't anything I think the band "owes" me. Any amount of time, money etc. I have spent on supporting the band could never afford me anything from the band itself.

The music. That is their gift. The words written. That is their gift. We all have our songs.  Songs that speak to our individual souls in a way that nothing else does.  The ones that when our ear hears the very first note, our heart sinks and the soul aches.  The ones that miraculously dragged us out of places no human soul should be.  The darkest places that no one admits to having, much less talks about.  Without these songs, our human mind cant fathom where our lives might have led, if at all.

I know I speak for hundred of thousands of fans here. Nothing new. Nothing that anyone one of us hasnt heard before.

It is my WISHLIST that the band somehow is finding some comfort in this world as I have found in them.

God Bless.
    :thumbup: :clap: THANK YOU!!!

Nicely put my friend.
    GMARIEC You nailed it!
    Dimi, How did you get the head cheerleading gig? :lol:
  • Options
    5 wrote:
    GMARIEC You nailed it!
    Dimi, How did you get the head cheerleading gig? :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: ..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732

and something last...

no one here cos i born and live in Greece ,thing im proud ,can tell me is better,more loyal faithful fan
    and deserves more than me,cos i become member later than him at 10c,cos pj came to my country for a show 1st time after 15 years after they become a band..and will never come again back...makes it total 1 time at 21 years being a band

same goes to me,i cant play it better ,bigger fan to a 17 years old kid that just become a member and want to see his favorite band for the first time..
    I don't agree with you on the lottery but I absolutely agree with you here. And this is the exact reason why I hope they would get rid of seniority alltogether. If you truly want to make it fair for everyone with the lottery, then go all the way and assign the seats by lottery too.
    And please get rid of the priorities, because if touring is limited to short 3-week-tours like it is nowadays, your chances of winning tickets are limited to one or two shows per tour or if you are as unlucky as some of us for the wrigley show, you wont get any tix at all.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:

and something last...

I don't agree with you on the lottery but I absolutely agree with you here. And this is the exact reason why I hope they would get rid of seniority alltogether. If you truly want to make it fair for everyone with the lottery, then go all the way and assign the seats by lottery too.
    And please get rid of the priorities, because if touring is limited to short 3-week-tours like it is nowadays, your chances of winning tickets are limited to one or two shows per tour or if you are as unlucky as some of us for the wrigley show, you wont get any tix at all.
    i agree about priority..something need to change..if was 50 shows per year will be ok..but now,,alot travel to see the band cos there is not enough shows
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    This club is not progressing with today's fans. There was a point in time when you, as a 10C member, could count on going to a show you chose to buy tickets for. At one point you could buy a pair of tickets for each show on the tour. Have 10C seats been drastically reduced by venues? At this point, i'm failing to see what my membership cost gives me privilege to. We have to wait over a calendar year more than we should for the "holiday single." The board itself can't seem to keep you logged in and can't seem to log you in properly without having to do it 5 times in 4 different screens (even when clearing your cache). And now this - this ticket "system." It's just kind of silly. We're all paying more for a membership that's taken a backseat to the level of interest and support with which it provides to the fanbase.

Now a good bulk of the long-time fans and members are forced to rely on ticket master? Why, exactly, did we pay a membership fee if we can't get tickets through a fan's club?

I guess other bands will continue to get my money for their tours.
  • Options
    fbedrosfbedros Posts: 18
    I mostly agree with you, but after getting a bit frustrated yesterday about not getting tickets, I decided that I'll give them another chance with a bigger tour. With only two shows, I guess the demand was much higher than the supply...
  • Options
    fbedros wrote:
    I mostly agree with you, but after getting a bit frustrated yesterday about not getting tickets, I decided that I'll give them another chance with a bigger tour. With only two shows, I guess the demand was much higher than the supply...
    now you mention this..
    there is a thread of 3 pages about people score GA tix..
    no one is from illinois!!!
    i guess if all those people had shows at their hometowns or close to that,i believe alot of them wouldnt try for wrigley!!!
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    fbedros wrote:

Perhaps. But where will they tour? Canada likely (they love it there). Boston, NYC - both having multiple nights. They only play big cities and the vast openness of northernmost NA.

Everything about their tours is predictable now, especially given there hasn't been any new music to hear in what will be 4 years soon. Honestly, I don't see the benefit to being a member these days. Come renewal time, i'll have a decision to make regarding that.
  • Options
    gmariec wrote:

God Bless.

BEST. POST. EVER.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    Regarding the lottery process and what is "fair" -

The best thing the 10C should do is indicate approx how many ticket pairs are available in each category or for each show. If there's only going to be 500 10C ticket pairs available to one show or for one type of ticket, but 3000 for another, they should say so. This helps those that are paying attention to strategically set their choices.

I, for one, ompletely understood how they were going to draw for Wrigley based on the announcement. They stated it simply and straightforrward. Now, I also picked lower level as my first choice purely because my wife is 5'-1 and would be miserable in the GA pit. I have been close plenty of times, and felt it was more important to sit at Wrigley and enjoy the experience. It wasn't my strategy to pick lower 1st to maximize my chances, but I understood that it was going to do exactly that.

What I wasn't sure of was how many ticket pairs would be available, what the seating chart was, etc... i assumed that there would be way more available in the field/lower than in GA, but I didn't know that. If GA was all 10C and they gave out 3000 ticket pairs for it, but only had 100 ticket pairs for the field/lower seats, my expectations would have been wrong. i had to guess. Same thing for the fall tour, if certain shows only have 500 pairs available and others have 5000, that should be disclosed if they are going to go through the lottery, 1st/2nd/3rd choice process. That would be fair. That's the only real problem I have, other than hoping the 10C could get more tickets available.

To summarize - 10C - Just let us know about how many ticket pairs are available to every show for the fall tour.
  • Options
    BN8419 wrote:

The best thing the 10C should do is indicate approx how many ticket pairs are available in each category or for each show. If there's only going to be 500 10C ticket pairs available to one show or for one type of ticket, but 3000 for another, they should say so. This helps those that are paying attention to strategically set their choices.

I, for one, ompletely understood how they were going to draw for Wrigley based on the announcement. They stated it simply and straightforrward. Now, I also picked lower level as my first choice purely because my wife is 5'-1 and would be miserable in the GA pit. I have been close plenty of times, and felt it was more important to sit at Wrigley and enjoy the experience. It wasn't my strategy to pick lower 1st to maximize my chances, but I understood that it was going to do exactly that.

What I wasn't sure of was how many ticket pairs would be available, what the seating chart was, etc... i assumed that there would be way more available in the field/lower than in GA, but I didn't know that. If GA was all 10C and they gave out 3000 ticket pairs for it, but only had 100 ticket pairs for the field/lower seats, my expectations would have been wrong. i had to guess. Same thing for the fall tour, if certain shows only have 500 pairs available and others have 5000, that should be disclosed if they are going to go through the lottery, 1st/2nd/3rd choice process. That would be fair. That's the only real problem I have, other than hoping the 10C could get more tickets available.

To summarize - 10C - Just let us know about how many ticket pairs are available to every show for the fall tour.
    you are right...when they ask us for priority the shows,we should know how many tickets are available..
    ill copy and paste your post to the other thread,,its good idea
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    It would be great if the fall tour would have been announced as the same time as Wrigley. You'd have a lot fewer people putting in for tickets if they KNEW it might not be the only chance they'd have to see the band for the first/only time in a couple years. Not even specific dates, just cities that are planned.

Pearl Jam should also not be afraid to play semi smaller venues in cities that are not amongst the "big 8." Someone suggested a theater tour... that might work if it was in out of the way places and not just NY, LA, Chi, Philly, etc... Model it after the tour Tom Waits did in 2008 and do two nights per city.

I understand they don't wanna lose money with shows that don't sell out, so play smaller venues in those cities where a 15,000 seat arena might have empty seats. THey don't have to be theaters the size Vedder plays, but somewhere in between.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    It would be great if the fall tour would have been announced as the same time as Wrigley. You'd have a lot fewer people putting in for tickets if they KNEW it might not be the only chance they'd have to see the band for the first/only time in a couple years. Not even specific dates, just cities that are planned.

Pearl Jam should also not be afraid to play semi smaller venues in cities that are not amongst the "big 8." Someone suggested a theater tour... that might work if it was in out of the way places and not just NY, LA, Chi, Philly, etc... Model it after the tour Tom Waits did in 2008 and do two nights per city.

I understand they don't wanna lose money with shows that don't sell out, so play smaller venues in those cities where a 15,000 seat arena might have empty seats. THey don't have to be theaters the size Vedder plays, but somewhere in between.
    sure..but i read a member post,think was empty glass,that the sport championship didnt announce their plan yet,nba,nfl ,so the arenas cant be booked,cos they dont know the dates are free
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

sure..but i read a member post,think was empty glass,that the sport championship didnt announce their plan yet,nba,nfl ,so the arenas cant be booked,cos they dont know the dates are free

Then don't play NBA arenas (they never do NFL anyway).

Rush announced the list of cities they are playing later this year without specific dates attached. There are only so many ways to route a tour in a region. Pearl Jam for whatever reason enjoys announcing shows here and there as teasers... I remember same thing happend with Chicago in 2009... at least this time they warned us there is a fall tour coming up... but let's make it a REAL fall tour with lots of cities all around the country. You don't have to play all 50 states but let's do more than they typical big 8.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    gmariec wrote:

God Bless.

EXCELLENT post. Well said—thanks for taking the time to write it. It's interesting to note that you wrote this a month and a half ago, but it is so very relevant right now. I feel really, really badly for all of the people who didn't get tickets to the London or Chicago shows, and I do hope everyone gets to go one way or another. Regardless of whether the ticketing system is flawed or not, though, I think we're all just lucky to have PJ's music to listen to in the first place.

(Sidenote: I was lucky enough to get tickets, so I realize that my credibility in commenting on this topic is totally shot. But, after a tiny bit of soul-searching, I feel confident in saying that I would feel the exact same way, whether I had won or lost.)

Thanks again for the post :):)
  • Options
    i really liked the new lottery system for tickets. having the time to get chose and sign up for shows was convenient. i understand this system will not please everyone (especially when not selected for tickets), but it seems fair. and i believe fanclub seats are privilege and not a right, so i am prepared to win some and lose some.

it would be nice if there could be a preference setting based on your zip code for full tours. however, for special stand alone shows like the wrigley field show i am fine with ticket selection being totally random

thank you for the hard work!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    AC41750AC41750 Posts: 305
    Question about the lottery system regarding seats and my apologies if this has been addressed, but is the seniority seating also by whether the the 10c member selected the tickets as their 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice? Just curious....
    09/12/92 11/05/93 09/13/95 07/11/98 07/13/98 10/30/99 10/22/00 10/25/00 10/28/00 10/30/00 06/01/03 06/03/03 07/06/06 07/09/06 07/10/06 07/15/06 07/16/06 08/24/09 10/06/09 10/07/09 09/03/11 09/04/11
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    BN8419 wrote:

Good idea!

I agree with what Dimi said regarding priority for people living close to a show...I don't believe that people whose country they never come to, and who have to travel & spend more money should be punished. Same goes for someone who just discovered them, or maybe has been a longtime fan with other things keeping them from joining 10c.

I'm curious as to how this lottery will work for Europe, where GA obviously makes for more 10c seats at each show.
  • Options
    please open a seperate forum section for all ticket announcements/complaints/inquiries. that way, those of us who don't give a shit don't have to sift through all the garbage on The Porch and just relax.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

I don't think PJ playing an 8,000 seat venue would go over very well. The Porch would blow up.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,295
    Kathi wrote:

I'm curious as to how this lottery will work for Europe, where GA obviously makes for more 10c seats at each show.
    Why would they have more seats in EU? 10C have 10-15% of the tickets and mayby half of them are seats. It's going to be hard to be at the rail at more than 1 show now :-(
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Kathi wrote:

Why would they have more seats in EU? 10C have 10-15% of the tickets and mayby half of them are seats. It's going to be hard to be at the rail at more than 1 show now :-(
    Last year 10c had enough tickets for the demand in Europe. Nearly everyone got tickets through lottery for the Gigs in Prague and Berlin. I don't think the lottery will be much of a problem in Europe.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Kathi wrote:

Sorry, I worded it wrong, I meant they have more 10c tickets probably, as the floors at EU shows are all GA, so they generally fit more people. They only had seated tickets for Manchester at this tour, as far as I remember, the rest of 10C tickets was always all GA.
    Also, I remember for the Berlin & Prague lotteries, almost no one got shut out...however, those didn't have that priority system yet.
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    please open a seperate forum section for all ticket announcements/complaints/inquiries. that way, those of us who don't give a shit don't have to sift through all the garbage on The Porch and just relax.
    Great idea...we need a forum name...any suggestions?
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.