Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    please open a seperate forum section for all ticket announcements/complaints/inquiries. that way, those of us who don't give a shit don't have to sift through all the garbage on The Porch and just relax.
    Great idea...we need a forum name...any suggestions?
    why now u dont bitching??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Taka-TTaka-T Posts: 59
    For PJ: Please come back to Japan this summer before the fall U.S. tour. How about a small venue tour? It could be a good warm up. It's been almost 10 years since the last time!!! And you should also vist Sendai again.
    For 10c: I think it will be better if we can pre-order limited products so that we don't have to pay $1000 for a backpack at eBay (which I would never do).
    Osaka 1995
    Osaka 2003
    Lisbon 1&2 2006
    MSG 1&2 2008
    Milton Keynes 2014
    Wrigley 1&2 2016
    10c No. 364XXX
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    please open a seperate forum section for all ticket announcements/complaints/inquiries. that way, those of us who don't give a shit don't have to sift through all the garbage on The Porch and just relax.
    Great idea...we need a forum name...any suggestions?

Grievance ;)
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    You know income across as a jackass most of the time but this is a serious one

I would like if pearl jam didn't focus so much on playing the eastern United States and mid-west so much.
    It would be nice to get them up to Canada more, many fans up here too. It's a long ways to travel to have to go east all the time.

Also I want to say thank you to the people that do a lot of hard work for this band and I want to thank the band for all the great music they released pre Backspacer.
    Thank you

One last thing. Backspacer fucking sucks and so does Olé. I truly hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Thank you ten club and thank you PJ again. Bye
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    Ok, I used a debit card to enter for the 3 levels of the Wrigley lotto , so $452 was pending on my card (which is kind of annoying because at most I would've been charged $168 because you can't win more than one level but that's another issue). I didn't win. Now it's Saturday morning and the money still hasn't found its way back to my account. I called the bank and they said the merchant still hasn't confirmed the release of those funds. Is this going on for everyone ? Is it a CHASE problem?? My other friend won tickets and her CHASE account still hasn't been charged . What's the deal???

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    It would be great if the fall tour would have been announced as the same time as Wrigley. You'd have a lot fewer people putting in for tickets if they KNEW it might not be the only chance they'd have to see the band for the first/only time in a couple years. Not even specific dates, just cities that are planned.

Pearl Jam should also not be afraid to play semi smaller venues in cities that are not amongst the "big 8." Someone suggested a theater tour... that might work if it was in out of the way places and not just NY, LA, Chi, Philly, etc... Model it after the tour Tom Waits did in 2008 and do two nights per city.

I understand they don't wanna lose money with shows that don't sell out, so play smaller venues in those cities where a 15,000 seat arena might have empty seats. THey don't have to be theaters the size Vedder plays, but somewhere in between.
    sure..but i read a member post,think was empty glass,that the sport championship didnt announce their plan yet,nba,nfl ,so the arenas cant be booked,cos they dont know the dates are free

Then don't play NBA arenas (they never do NFL anyway).

Rush announced the list of cities they are playing later this year without specific dates attached. There are only so many ways to route a tour in a region. Pearl Jam for whatever reason enjoys announcing shows here and there as teasers... I remember same thing happend with Chicago in 2009... at least this time they warned us there is a fall tour coming up... but let's make it a REAL fall tour with lots of cities all around the country. You don't have to play all 50 states but let's do more than they typical big 8.

UHHH??? They DO play NBA arenas...The GARDEN in Boston, Madison Square Garden in NY...
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    It would be great if the fall tour would have been announced as the same time as Wrigley. You'd have a lot fewer people putting in for tickets if they KNEW it might not be the only chance they'd have to see the band for the first/only time in a couple years. Not even specific dates, just cities that are planned.

Pearl Jam should also not be afraid to play semi smaller venues in cities that are not amongst the "big 8." Someone suggested a theater tour... that might work if it was in out of the way places and not just NY, LA, Chi, Philly, etc... Model it after the tour Tom Waits did in 2008 and do two nights per city.

I understand they don't wanna lose money with shows that don't sell out, so play smaller venues in those cities where a 15,000 seat arena might have empty seats. THey don't have to be theaters the size Vedder plays, but somewhere in between.

I don't think PJ playing an 8,000 seat venue would go over very well. The Porch would blow up.

If they played cities they haven't played in ten years, smaller cities with smaller venues, like I dunno, ALBUQUERQUE?! :) I don't think it would be that crazy. Talking about hitting the cities that haven't gotten any attention. Missoula happened with very little craziness, there are lots of smaller venues, not amphitheaters arenas etc, that are not ticket master venues, as well.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Then don't play NBA arenas (they never do NFL anyway).

UHHH??? They DO play NBA arenas...The GARDEN in Boston, Madison Square Garden in NY...

hey great first post! But there is a diffrence between THEN and THEY. Then as in then, don't play NBA arenas. as in, then play somewhere else that is not host to an NBA team. See?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Hi Fellow Ten Club members and followers!
    This is really my first post, and I think it is because I am the type of person that prefers to steer myself away for message boards and posting, as some of the things I read on these boards can lower my IQ and sometimes feel like responding "Boo-Hoo2U" for some of the comments, but I had to share this comment with others that are long time loyal members to Ten Club.
    I've been in Ten Club since prior to the release of No Code. That's possibly the longest commitment that I have held throughout my entire life with anything ever (aside from my birth family).
    I was somewhat surprised with the e-mail I received on the 30th notifying me of no tickets for the London Ontario Show. Have to be honest, without trying to sound selfish and entitled, I preferred the old way of 10C ticketing. I had received this message for a couple EV shows in the past, and I understand that those weren't PJ Shows, so I was totally accepting of that.
    The one thing that irks me more than anything else is that I live about 60km away from London Ontario, and the show is practically in my backyard, and all I am going to hear on the radio is the constant reminder that I won't be going to possibly the best PJ show that ever hit Canada (and I could actually bicycle there in an afternoon).
    Please accept my apoligies for "Bitching" that I have posted above. If PJ is willing to have a 2nd-chancer's show in the Great White North, I'd love to be a part of that as a consolation prize... But enough about me and my First World Problem.
    There are bigger fish and I can't be neutral on a moving train.
    I've thrown the pills away since the symptoms have faded.
    Hope is growing out of the dirt that was the old me.
    Signed,
    Chad from Canada 121xxx
  • Options
    how i wish pj to play here again..even once....near my backyard...

and i dont give a shit ,if was lottery or not..have 10c tix or not......

just to be in the building and most of the people around me speak my language .

only for just fuckin once..to leave my passport home for see Pearl Jam live..

Dimitris..not a true,not big,not old fan of this band

789098679xxx
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    how i wish pj to play here again..even once....near my backyard...

and i dont give a shit ,if was lottery or not..have 10c tix or not......

just to be in the building and most of the people around me speak my language .

only for just fuckin once..to leave my passport home for see Pearl Jam live..

Dimitris..not a true,not big,not old fan of this band

789098679xxx
    :clap: :thumbup: :wave:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,899
    Scrap the lottery and get Ticketmaster to handle a TC pre-sale. :thumbup:
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,781
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    I wrote about this in another topic last week, but was asked to write about it here. I didn't get tickets to the London show, and am pretty bummed, since I was 12 for 12 getting tickets under the old system.

Anyway, my idea is to change up the lottery system a bit. I would suggest maybe giving members more entries into the lottery based on how long they have been in the 10C. This would be a relatively simple process to implement, and it would mean that the members who have been around the longest would have a better shot at getting tickets. Personally I've been a member for 13 years, and its frustrating knowing that someone could have joined a day before the sale was announced and had the same chance of getting tickets.

So, why not give one entry into the lottery for every year of membership? That way the longtime members wouldn't be able to complain if they didn't win. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

I know someone mentioned that membership info prior to 1998 isn't available or something like that, and that that could be a problem. But really, this method would still be better for those people, even without those couple extra years of seniority. I mean, they would still have had 15 entries in the lottery compared to 1 for someone who just joined in the past year.

Just an idea, but I think it's a damn good one...anyone else?
    Peace ;)
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    I wrote about this in another topic last week, but was asked to write about it here. I didn't get tickets to the London show, and am pretty bummed, since I was 12 for 12 getting tickets under the old system.

Anyway, my idea is to change up the lottery system a bit. I would suggest maybe giving members more entries into the lottery based on how long they have been in the 10C. This would be a relatively simple process to implement, and it would mean that the members who have been around the longest would have a better shot at getting tickets. Personally I've been a member for 13 years, and its frustrating knowing that someone could have joined a day before the sale was announced and had the same chance of getting tickets.

So, why not give one entry into the lottery for every year of membership? That way the longtime members wouldn't be able to complain if they didn't win. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

I know someone mentioned that membership info prior to 1998 isn't available or something like that, and that that could be a problem. But really, this method would still be better for those people, even without those couple extra years of seniority. I mean, they would still have had 15 entries in the lottery compared to 1 for someone who just joined in the past year.

Peace ;)
    i pay my membership per year..
    i want the same chances to get fan club tix for the year im paying with the members enter before me ,and with the ones enter after me this fan club..
    a fan get a membership a day before presale has the same rights with me.
    seniority is there untouched as was alll this years..
    give you better seats AFTER you score tix
    thanks to 10c that respect my money the same as the rest of the fans
  • Options
    loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    DopeyBoy wrote:

Peace ;)
    i pay my membership per year..
    i want the same chances to get fan club tix for the year im paying with the members enter before me ,and with the ones enter after me this fan club..
    a fan get a membership a day before presale has the same rights with me.
    seniority is there untouched as was alll this years..
    give you better seats AFTER you score tix
    thanks to 10c that respect my money the same as the rest of the fans

if seniority gives more chances to the lottery, Brian F. will always get the best seats :lol::lol:
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • Options
    CH6615CH6615 Posts: 10
    how long does it take before i get my money back?
  • Options
    CH6615CH6615 Posts: 10
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Ok, I used a debit card to enter for the 3 levels of the Wrigley lotto , so $452 was pending on my card (which is kind of annoying because at most I would've been charged $168 because you can't win more than one level but that's another issue). I didn't win. Now it's Saturday morning and the money still hasn't found its way back to my account. I called the bank and they said the merchant still hasn't confirmed the release of those funds. Is this going on for everyone ? Is it a CHASE problem?? My other friend won tickets and her CHASE account still hasn't been charged . What's the deal???
    yes!!!....guess you didn't get an answer....been a member for 18 yrs....no tickets...now just put my money back
  • Options
    Amen brother......exactly the same with me.... couldn't have said it better myself. This is the first time being shutout in any kind of pre-sale, had to read the email over and over to believe it - it just doesn't seem real..
    oh well, gotta try on Sat (supposed to play hockey in Brantford at the exact time the sale is on so now the team is pissed at me, they think i'm nuts). Good Luck,
    Cheers.

Hi Fellow Ten Club members and followers!
    This is really my first post, and I think it is because I am the type of person that prefers to steer myself away for message boards and posting, as some of the things I read on these boards can lower my IQ and sometimes feel like responding "Boo-Hoo2U" for some of the comments, but I had to share this comment with others that are long time loyal members to Ten Club.
    I've been in Ten Club since prior to the release of No Code. That's possibly the longest commitment that I have held throughout my entire life with anything ever (aside from my birth family).
    I was somewhat surprised with the e-mail I received on the 30th notifying me of no tickets for the London Ontario Show. Have to be honest, without trying to sound selfish and entitled, I preferred the old way of 10C ticketing. I had received this message for a couple EV shows in the past, and I understand that those weren't PJ Shows, so I was totally accepting of that.
    The one thing that irks me more than anything else is that I live about 60km away from London Ontario, and the show is practically in my backyard, and all I am going to hear on the radio is the constant reminder that I won't be going to possibly the best PJ show that ever hit Canada (and I could actually bicycle there in an afternoon).
    Please accept my apoligies for "Bitching" that I have posted above. If PJ is willing to have a 2nd-chancer's show in the Great White North, I'd love to be a part of that as a consolation prize... But enough about me and my First World Problem.
    There are bigger fish and I can't be neutral on a moving train.
    I've thrown the pills away since the symptoms have faded.
    Hope is growing out of the dirt that was the old me.
    Signed,
    Chad from Canada 121xxx
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    Some Pearl Jam merch that is a little more utilitarian would be nice (as opposed to gimmicky like the beer cozies). How about some nice coffee mugs, or GOOD travellers coffee mugs (the kind that actually seal at the opening until you press the button would be nice). Pearl Jam beer mugs or glasses would be cool. How about PJ pens? More lighters would be cool. Or Bic lighter cases, if not zippos. And PJ ashtrays would also be pretty sweet. Just would like more merch that I can actually USE (can't wear the clothes - I'm a tall girl, so 10C clothes don't fit).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    less merch and more music related products please...

the band has become fucking merch whores and frankly it is a ridiculous at this point
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    my2hands wrote:

the band has become fucking merch whores and frankly it is a ridiculous at this point

yes, I want to hear (see) the band's music. Enough of the shirts, stickers, jump suits. Open the vault, both audio and video
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    my2hands wrote:

yes, I want to hear (see) the band's music. Enough of the shirts, stickers, jump suits. Open the vault, both audio and video
    Despite my previous post about useful merch (mugs vs wrist bands), I would also like to see more music - vinyl reissues in particular! Not just PJ, but some of the side projects too... How about getting Jeff to put Tone on vinyl?? That would be awesome!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    edited February 2013
    PLEASE NEVER USE TICKETS.COM AGAIN!!!
    What a nightmare!
    ***EDIT--- nevermind. Looks like this was Wrigley's choice of ticketsales. But still, please avoid tickets.com in the future. Thanks!
    Post edited by NoelMichael on
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    What a nightmare!

Exactly!! I am still waiting in the virtual waiting room.... damn it!!
    Polo Fields-Jun 24,1995/Spartan Stadium-Nov 04,1995/Shoreline Amphitheatre-Jun 01,2003/Aloha Stadium-Dec 09,2006/Bill Graham Civic Auditorium-Jul 15,2006/Bill Graham Civic Auditorium-Ju18,2006/
    Tweeter Center-Jun 28,2008/Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Gibson Amphitheater-Oct 07,2009/Viejas Arena-Oct 09,2009/XL Arena-May 15,2010/Alpine Valley Music Theatre-Sep 03-04,2011. Eddie Vedder Solo:Santa Cruz, 4/5/08;Berkeley 4/7/08;Santa Barbara 7/9/11;Oakland 7/11/11; Oakland 7/12/11.
  • Options
    What a nightmare!

Exactly!! I am still waiting in the virtual waiting room.... damn it!!
    Polo Fields-Jun 24,1995/Spartan Stadium-Nov 04,1995/Shoreline Amphitheatre-Jun 01,2003/Aloha Stadium-Dec 09,2006/Bill Graham Civic Auditorium-Jul 15,2006/Bill Graham Civic Auditorium-Ju18,2006/
    Tweeter Center-Jun 28,2008/Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Gibson Amphitheater-Oct 07,2009/Viejas Arena-Oct 09,2009/XL Arena-May 15,2010/Alpine Valley Music Theatre-Sep 03-04,2011. Eddie Vedder Solo:Santa Cruz, 4/5/08;Berkeley 4/7/08;Santa Barbara 7/9/11;Oakland 7/11/11; Oakland 7/12/11.
  • Options
    I was in the virtual waiting room over an hour, and never even had a chance to try for tix. :cry:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    BrianGBrianG Posts: 53
    when 8 different people in different homes all sit in a waiting room for an hour and not a single one of them gets any tickets, that is kind of ridiculous. it is a rigged system we live in today.
  • Options
    I'm willing to bet that there will be tons of tickets for sale on stub hub and other sites though.

The system is flawed!
    Toronto 8/18/93, Toronto 10/5/00, Buffalo 5/2/03, London 9/12/05, Toronto 5/10/06, St. Paul 6/26/06, Toronto 8/21/09, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, Alpine Valley 9/3 & 9/4/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Buffalo 10/12/13, Detroit 10/16/14, Boston 8/7/16, Boston 9/4/18, Hamilton 9/6/22, Nashville 9/16/22, Louisville 9/17/22, Fort Worth 9/13 & 9/15/23, Austin 9/18 & 9/19/23
  • Options
    I understand the need for change. As a longstanding 10c member, however, I don't feel I was adequately informed about the lottery for the Wrigley show. In the past, I received an e-mail when a pre-sale happened. Not so this time. I did receive e-mails about the testing and I tried to participate that first day but it didn't work for me. When I finally searched out the date of the pre-sale it was too late. And I was never able to locate the actual announcement about the Wrigley lottery's date and time. The communication to 10c members was severely lacking in my opinion.

Now I sit dismayed and distraught on this day of no tickets. I do realize how fortunate I was to get seats for every show in my area in the past. As a 40-something parent to young kids, my funds and time are limited so I can't travel to see PJ as so many fans do. I wish I had a lifestyle that allowed that kind of freedom. I know it's all about choices in life but it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan or that the music and words don't touch me deeply.

My second point is that there must be some more equitable way to divvy up seats than a straight lottery. Even the seniority plan meant that newer members might not get tickets and I imagine that this is the scenario you're trying to rectify. Maybe 10c members need to pick the regional areas where they want tickets in that same 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice system. I know you have rabid fans and in some ways you don't want to squelch that but wouldn't it be better that every 10c member get to see a show on a particular tour than the Deadhead-like followers over and over? Nothing against this group but maybe they could give up one show per tour.

As for the tickets.com system, something is wrong when a ticket purchaser reports buying four tickets, leaving the site, going back and buying four more (just for fun). Is he that lucky? Meanwhile, others of us were stuck in the waiting room (aka our own special looping hell). If there's some kind of technological advantage that he and others had, I'll forever be stuck counting down from thirty to zero because I don't have that skillset nor do I have the funds to upgrade. Nor do I have the luck.

There is a way of looking at the Wrigley ticket sales and thinking: Success!! But I'd argue that you've never gotten this much negative feedback from 10c members on any single topic. You can put it to "change is hard" but I would say that maybe that's not the whole answer. Sure, there will be thousands of screaming fans at the show but so many of us 10c members will be sobbing and questioning whether our membership is worth it. The availability of tickets was a huge factor in working the membership fee into my budget each year. I wish I didn't have to worry about such things but that's the reality.

I know I'm writing to you from a place of sadness. But I doubt that tomorrow I'll feel any differently. Please, when you have your follow-up discussions about how both ticket sales went, take into consideration those of us who feel strongly enough about the band that we pay a fee to them each year, we buy their merchandise, we see them as many times as we're able. Being a Ten Club member should mean more than just the opportunity to possibly get lucky maybe. Some of us will never win. (Especially if we don't receive the information about a lottery in the first place.)

Thanks for listening.

Rocking on with warmest regards,
    -Sheryl