Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    are we still in beta?
    coming up on 6 months into Beta I believe....sadly I don't our voice this time will be heard and we are stuck with the frustrations of Beta...lots of good forum members and fans don't post here anymore because of Beta. Very sad
  • Options
    Can the poster thread be stickied so we don't have to search for it or have 5 different threads going at a time?
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,783
    Would it be possible to have the Ten Club Rock N' Art Poster Convention Experience happen quarterly every year?

If not can the 4th one be held on the East Coast? Maybe Halifax, Nova Scotia perhaps? :angel:
  • Options
    djklambake wrote:
    Hi Ten Club,

Can you please address the rather high shipping costs?

Thanks,

Ben
    djklambake
    hi,
    We have been working on a shipping solution. There is no "plug and play" that will instantly work and make everyone happy. Again, we are aware of the US shipping charge complaints and will have something in place shortly. For the 70 or so people who ordered patches yesterday, it's 8am on the west coast and I just woke up after ending the RNDM tour tuesday night. As soon as I get to the 1000+ emails that have piled up over the 24hrs that I've been trying to have down time, I will start the refund process.
    slh
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,517
    djklambake wrote:
    Hi Ten Club,

Can you please address the rather high shipping costs?

Thanks,

Ben
    djklambake
    hi,
    We have been working on a shipping solution. There is no "plug and play" that will instantly work and make everyone happy. Again, we are aware of the US shipping charge complaints and will have something in place shortly. For the 70 or so people who ordered patches yesterday, it's 8am on the west coast and I just woke up after ending the RNDM tour tuesday night. As soon as I get to the 1000+ emails that have piled up over the 24hrs that I've been trying to have down time, I will start the refund process.
    slh

Sounds like Santos could use some halper elves.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    are we still in beta?
    coming up on 6 months into Beta I believe....sadly I don't our voice this time will be heard and we are stuck with the frustrations of Beta...lots of good forum members and fans don't post here anymore because of Beta. Very sad

I didn't post because I was kinda bored, but yes, beta trial can be annoying, it started back in june as you mentioned, however my concern wasn't a big one, not an issue that requires that someone fix it asap, though I do understand the disappointment of those who purchased or tried to purchased something, that's become quite messy...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Can we have some events in the UK - like a PJ20Euro or a Euro poster and varieties sale etc. Please :D
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    Can the 10c please hire some interns to answer emails as I have emailed a couple of times and had no reply.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    I don't want to jinx it but I think Beta is fixed!! I can log in and reply from work! WOOHOO!!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    Me too and I probably never would have known (stopped trying from work) if elwayvedder didn't shoot me an email this morning. thanks pal.

Weird thing, whenever I would check the site out on my phone, as soon as I hit the forum button, I get a key lock at the top of my phone. I was like, WTF man??

But it's good to be back. :D
  • Options
    Me too and I probably never would have known (stopped trying from work) if elwayvedder didn't shoot me an email this morning. thanks pal.

Weird thing, whenever I would check the site out on my phone, as soon as I hit the forum button, I get a key lock at the top of my phone. I was like, WTF man??

But it's good to be back. :D

welcome back! May this mean many of our lost dogs come back
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    Can you please add panic2.gif and eexcite.gif to the list of emoticons? I know it's a stupid request, but I like them. :oops:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gibsonguitarsgibsonguitars Canada Posts: 18
    thanks, this is a great idea!!
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Sirius XM isn't available to all fans/countries. I would love to listen EV Las Vegas show or Eddie Vedder Radio show.
    I think a good idea make some shows or specials available to 10C Radio listeners.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Can we get an update on the 10c Apple app? I bought it for $1.99 and then it stopped working. Now it's not even available in the App Store any longer yet the club and the app developer still got paid.

It's been over a year.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    10c is having a black friday sale. shipping charges on items is out-of-whack. these are two responses by santos l. halper (or 10c reps) in regards to messages from 10c/pj.com members who posted or pm'd about it:

thread re: mad season 10"
    Yikes, the shipping more than the record. Gonna have to pass on this.
    yeah, you're right. Best to save a few bucks on postage. You can always pick it up later on the secondary market.

thread re: shipping on hoodie not in line with other hoodies
    10c via PM wrote:
    "i ordered a mexhead hoodie yesterday and shipping was $11.12 to NY.... all the other hoodies are $7.70 to ship. Why is it over $3 more to ship this one?"
    "so…the hoodie went from $55 to $15 and you're pissed about paying $11.12 to ship a 2lb package with tracking to NY? Seriously? Shipping is based on weight and destination.
    Be more than happy to cancel your order. Lemme know asap."

sometimes the things this guy says to his paying customers is just mind blowing. i've been treated well in my direct dealings with 10c, so it's even more strange to me that it happens at all. but it is a reoccurring deal that more people are remembering and it is reflecting on the 10c. and i don't like it at all.

i do love the 10c's defenders' reasonings, though. it's circular logic.
    "With the amount of griping here that goes on by people that want everything for almost nothing... it would be really tough not to leave more snarky comments."
    "I think the club is getting sick and tired of the same old complaints. "we want more stuff". We get more stuff. "we want more stuff but for it to be cheaper. :facepalm have you not seen how Santos gets treated around here? not only that, but it's no skin off his nose if you don't want to buy it. someone will. I think the general consensus by 10C is that they are sick and tired of answering the call from the fans for more merch and then all they get is people complaining about it."
    "Yeah, fair enough... I guess 10C is just sick of hearing the shipping complaints when the item is a steal, I dunno. Personally, I don't mind when the item is an insanely good deal. If it were an expensive item AND the shipping was out of control, then I'd care."

so people bitching about shipping are doing it so much that it's ok to reply in kind? maybe, instead of being a part of the problem, how about there actually be constructive responses as to why there is so many posts about shipping costs in the first place?

it's just... disappointing. and not surprising anymore. someone in one of those threads posted rule #14 of the posting guidelines that are often referenced by the moderators when a thread is locked, deleted, or members are banned. it says, "14. Your postings reflect upon you. Please be thoughtful and double-check to be sure you're saying something you can be proud of before you hit the Submit button. The Google and Yahoo Bots are indexing your posts and can be viewed by the world. Please do yourself proud."

so 10c's own representatives are proud of these types of responses? i can understand 10c folks being tired of incessant bitching, complaining, etc that is all over this site. no one really ever wants to deal with it and people do have breaking points. but that does not mean you should respond in any other way than professionally. these are not professional responses to a paying customer. in the first case above, santos' response was not even solicited directly! it was someone making a fair and resonable observation of the truth of a situation in a thread not even directed to 10c, just the board in general. no response would have been kinder than the one that was received. and in the second case, the poster was concise and did not even complain, rather just asked a question and got an assuming, snarky response for their troubles.

this thread asks for my voice. my voice is saying quit treating your members with disrespect and especially in public forums where everyone who is paying can see it.

My first read of the boards for a while. I've placed a personal embargo on purchasing anything anymore from here, not due to costs, just non-arrival of orders.

E-mail to be sent to 10C advising same December 13, (90 day limit reached, for the 2nd time). Confidence gone.

Thanks for all the good stuff, but the limit of my patience has arrived.
  • Options
    I have been an avid fan since '91. I have lurked this Pearl Jam forum for many years and really enjoyed all the conversations and information shared. So why am I posting now???? Good question. It is something that has been brewing inside me for a while now.

It seems as of late I have seen a trend of fans feeling more and more like they "deserve" more. More from the band, more from 10C, more of everything. Of course, I know, I am not speaking of everyone, just a growing number it seems.

As I think any true Pearl Jam fan would agree, we (the fans) deserve NOTHING from the band!  For the 10's of thousands of REAL PJ fans there are, each one has a story of how the band, the music, and the WORDS written, have effected their lives.  Each one just as compelling as the next.  The countless lives saved, renewed, and changed.

I believe each soul of this band (Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt) have sacrificed and given so much of themselves and their lives to this entity called "Pearl Jam", the only thing "deserved" is our unending gratitude!  I will admit (ashamed) that in the beginning years I was one of those "sponges" that just couldn't get enough-always wanting more of them.  I was young, not in a very good place, disturbing childhood etc. and needed everything they could give.  Like oxygen. Never once noticed how much they were suffering.  I feel really bad about that.  Guilty even.

Looking back over the last 21 years I am amazed and so completely thankful that they all somehow made it through to the other side of the madness, and hopefully now can finally sit back and relish in all that they have done and accomplished.  They have circled the planet and saved many souls.  How many people can claim that?  I can think of only a few.

Myself being one of those that made it through to the other side of the madness, I have nothing but love and thanks.  I will confess that it is on my bucket list to somehow thank them, (especially Ed for the words he wrote).  Somehow, actually saying the words out loud "thank you" seems like it would be a tremendous release for me.  But in that same moment---trivial.  Like a grain of sand on a endless beach.  Nothing. But it certainly isn't anything I think the band "owes" me. Any amount of time, money etc. I have spent on supporting the band could never afford me anything from the band itself.

The music. That is their gift. The words written. That is their gift. We all have our songs.  Songs that speak to our individual souls in a way that nothing else does.  The ones that when our ear hears the very first note, our heart sinks and the soul aches.  The ones that miraculously dragged us out of places no human soul should be.  The darkest places that no one admits to having, much less talks about.  Without these songs, our human mind cant fathom where our lives might have led, if at all.

I know I speak for hundred of thousands of fans here. Nothing new. Nothing that anyone one of us hasnt heard before.

It is my WISHLIST that the band somehow is finding some comfort in this world as I have found in them.

God Bless.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    Thanks for fixing the board. It's good to be back. :D
  • Options
    gmariec wrote:
    I have been an avid fan since '91. I have lurked this Pearl Jam forum for many years and really enjoyed all the conversations and information shared. So why am I posting now???? Good question. It is something that has been brewing inside me for a while now.

It seems as of late I have seen a trend of fans feeling more and more like they "deserve" more. More from the band, more from 10C, more of everything. Of course, I know, I am not speaking of everyone, just a growing number it seems.

As I think any true Pearl Jam fan would agree, we (the fans) deserve NOTHING from the band!  For the 10's of thousands of REAL PJ fans there are, each one has a story of how the band, the music, and the WORDS written, have effected their lives.  Each one just as compelling as the next.  The countless lives saved, renewed, and changed.

I believe each soul of this band (Ed, Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt) have sacrificed and given so much of themselves and their lives to this entity called "Pearl Jam", the only thing "deserved" is our unending gratitude!  I will admit (ashamed) that in the beginning years I was one of those "sponges" that just couldn't get enough-always wanting more of them.  I was young, not in a very good place, disturbing childhood etc. and needed everything they could give.  Like oxygen. Never once noticed how much they were suffering.  I feel really bad about that.  Guilty even.

Looking back over the last 21 years I am amazed and so completely thankful that they all somehow made it through to the other side of the madness, and hopefully now can finally sit back and relish in all that they have done and accomplished.  They have circled the planet and saved many souls.  How many people can claim that?  I can think of only a few.

Myself being one of those that made it through to the other side of the madness, I have nothing but love and thanks.  I will confess that it is on my bucket list to somehow thank them, (especially Ed for the words he wrote).  Somehow, actually saying the words out loud "thank you" seems like it would be a tremendous release for me.  But in that same moment---trivial.  Like a grain of sand on a endless beach.  Nothing. But it certainly isn't anything I think the band "owes" me. Any amount of time, money etc. I have spent on supporting the band could never afford me anything from the band itself.

The music. That is their gift. The words written. That is their gift. We all have our songs.  Songs that speak to our individual souls in a way that nothing else does.  The ones that when our ear hears the very first note, our heart sinks and the soul aches.  The ones that miraculously dragged us out of places no human soul should be.  The darkest places that no one admits to having, much less talks about.  Without these songs, our human mind cant fathom where our lives might have led, if at all.

I know I speak for hundred of thousands of fans here. Nothing new. Nothing that anyone one of us hasnt heard before.

It is my WISHLIST that the band somehow is finding some comfort in this world as I have found in them.

God Bless.

Yes! Thanks for posting. :clap:
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    gmariec wrote:

God Bless.

Great words. You should post more ;)

Regarding feedback, and *not* entitlement (for this thread is after all about feedback), I would say that I am really curious about the artistical aspects of the albums made; the intent; the aims etc. (I kinda missed that in PJ20.) I liked the notes in the booklet of Lost Dogs for example. It gave you somewhat of an insight. So maybe with upcoming albums (yes plural, I am a "posivist, fuck the pessimists") a Q&A with some members or people involved. (Maybe ten selected questions.) One or two b-sides to download for a small price. (I miss the good old b-sides.) Or a track by track review. (Can be written by a fan who was lucky enough to hear a closed listening of the album.) I don't know. Maybe I am just blowing air. (And once again, this is not about entitlement, just spouting ideas that may already have been mentioned in the 38 pages before this.) But something that makes this whole experience a bit more personal and where we feel a closer connection with the band and the process of music making. Don't get me wrong: I like recipies in DEEP, but maybe a band member or someone writing about recording, and how this developes, would really get my blood pumping.

For example: I know that a track by track review written by a fan (instead of a critic) who knows more about this band and their catalogue, will grap my attention. I used to love those track by track reviews. They made me excited way before I finally had the package with the new CD in my hands...

I don't know. Maybe it is late in the evening. Maybe I am just speaking nonsense. It has probably all been said before. But this sense of community, besides the music, is what makes this experience so rich. And a closer connection could enhance that.

(I remember being in Berlin, standing in some kind of Jamaica bar, dancing with PJ fans - which some of them were quite beautiful ladies - singing Tremor Christ, collectively out-of-tune. That is what this whole experience is about.)

So please interpret this as constructive feedback - really late at night - and not criticism or entitlement. For that is not my aim. Nobody owe us anything... And maybe, in the end, I am just in withdrawal for a new album. I don't know. I think I go to bed now.
  • Options
    Tiz10 wrote:
    3.) I would like the option to purchase single or double tickets for pearl jam show. why not offer both?

I can see where it might be a problem outside of the USA, but if you have an extra ticket and asking here has failed to find it into someone else's hands, the pre-show parties are great ways to get rid of them. I'd imagine it's easier for them to sell them in pairs rather than pairs and singles.

Maybe an option where "single tickets are given priority AFTER pairs. If you buy a single, there's a chance it won't be as good a seat as if you bought a pair."

But yeah..even the credit card hit might be too much when you HAVE to pay for two tickets.

With that in mind, my wish would be the following:

If I want to have my friend's two seats beside my two seats...that would be possible, but we'd be a "group of four" with whoever the higher number is. Say member 12,1xx and member 295,xxx want to buy a "group of four" then member number 12,1xxx is bumped BACK to where 295,xxx is... this would prevent people from moving up insanely close and essentially cheating the system.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Great words. You should post more

Thanks!! So kind of you to say!!
  • Options
    loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    thanks to PJ radio, to free bootlegs coupon I discovered how great each show could be, different. I really like when Eddie says few words btw songs, how he interacts with crowd. Bootlegs enable to (re)discover songs...the only problem is the cost!!
    it could be cool to have an annual package that allowed to hear all the bootlegs you want in the spirit of "pearl jam boootlegs" site

thanks for this thread
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    gmariec wrote:

God Bless.

This.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    Part of me hates to say this, because it is kinda "KISS-like" but, VIP tickets to meet the group before or after a show, with a portion going to charity would be cool.

Maybe a handshake, picture, and one autographed item of the fan's choice (maybe the current show poster?) would be pretty wicked. If not, maybe a once a year chance to buy a certified autograph 8x10 of the band, portions of proceeds go to charity. Pay extra to have it "personalized" to the TenClub member.

Would take one item off of my bucket list as well.

In addition:
    iPad/iPhone/Android/Windows 8 Mobile application that would allow for good forum experience and communication/news, online shopping, and account updates.

Just tried to update my address via iPad, and just got a blank screen (using Chrome on iPad 3).

Would be cool to have a Ten Club only "Twitter" experience where we could communicate with fellow TenClub members at shows, and have each show have its own hash tag.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    gmariec wrote:

God Bless.
    :thumbup: :clap: THANK YOU!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Are we ever going to get any answers to the questions posted in this thread? I mean seriously I have asked about the 10c app for over a year and still nothing. A simple you're screwed....we're working on it...you wasted your money would suffice.
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    can the band put on table next time of USA and Euro Tour, to play the South of USA and South of Europe ,pretty please? :)
    Thank you!

thanks dimi
    except for the atlanta drive-by
    they haven't been to the south since '08
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    snertsnert Posts: 219
    It may have been mentioned before but:

Can you look at the Pearl Jam app as i can't login to it and why has the app disappeared from the UK app store?

Also can you also tell me the new Pearl Jam Radio URL? I used to listen to it on my Pure Evoke flow and iPhone/iPod Touch but it tells me there is a connection error. (I appreciate i asked part of this elsewhere but feel someone can answer it on here) after all, it does state as the topic title "Let Your Voice Be Heard) :D
  • Options
    loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    I just look at the metallica club and they offer a printed autographed band photo.
    I think it could be nice...or to have some autographed stuff in the shop as it was said before
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin