Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If they are shooting through the car, doesn't Walt have to get shot as well? At least Hank and Gomey are behind the Engine, Walt just has a car door protecting him.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    That was some old school GI Joe cartoon shootout right there.

Not one person got hit with a bullet thus far.

Gomie looks like he caught one right before he ducked behind the truck.
  • Options
    That was some old school GI Joe cartoon shootout right there.

Not one person got hit with a bullet thus far.

Gomie looks like he caught one right before he ducked behind the truck.

I thought it looked that way as well.

"Don't drink and drive but if you do, call me!" :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    JK_Livin wrote:

"Don't drink and drive but if you do, call me!" :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Todd's ringtone was hilarious but did anyone catch Oh Sherrie playing in the background during the opening scene. I read this today and if so total brilliance on the part of the writers once again. :corn:

And then — then! — at what may have been the most climactic moment so far in the Walter White narrative, the episode just stopped, in mid-epic hail of gunfire. It was impossible to absorb that ending without thinking back to the brilliant/maddening “Sopranos” cut-to-black series finale. That homage must have been a deliberate move on the writers and director’s parts. (Earlier in the hour, we also heard the sound of “Oh Sherrie” as sung by Steve Perry, the Journey frontman who also crooned “The Sopranos” closer “Don’t Stop Believin’.” This, too, could not have been a coincidence.

By concluding this episode as they did, Vince Gilligan and co. seemed to be saying on two different levels, “It’s not going to end this way.” Meaning: “Breaking Bad” is not going to end with Hank getting Walt “dead to rights.” And, more broadly, it’s not going to end on some sudden, ambiguous note that makes us wonder what actually happened to Walter White. There’s three more to go. And in three more, we’ll presumably know what happened to him beyond all doubt.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/09/breakin ... singleton/
  • Options
    I don't think Hank and Gomie are going to make it, both wearing orange.
    I don't see how they can make it.

Jessie has a shot because the keys are in the car.

When the show ended last night, I was sure that they were goners. While I still think that they will most likely perish, I thought of a way that they may get out of it while laying in bed this morning. If Jesse could slide into the drivers seat, he could swing the car around to pick them up on the other side of the SUV. I now think that the ricin is meant for Todd's goons and possibly Lydia. He may plan on completely freeing himself from everything and making sure that there is nobody left that can every manufacture his blue meth. Assuming that Hank, Gomez, and Jesse all die, if Walt is willing to off Marie, he could be home free. However, from the flash forward, we know that everyone finds out that he is Heisenberg, or at least I think so because of the graffiti on the wall of his abandoned house. I cannot help it, I'm pulling for Walt. I hope that he gets his money, Skyler, and the kids out. I think that maybe he will get them safe, then he will come back to tie of loose ends before riding off into the sunset. The only other thing I can see happening is Skyler turning on him and siding with her sister if Hank is killed. However, Skyler is very much invested at this point, so I think that she will stick by Walt until the end. Lastly, I cannot believe that nobody was shot last night. Seriously, these are all "trained" guns, and nobody even gets a shoulder wound?!? I know that they did this for the cliff hanger but still...
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    I guess Hank and Gomey could also drag Walt out of the car and use him as a shield so they won't shoot.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I can't fathom that we only have 3 more episodes to wrap up the whole BBad crusade.

That Vince G is pretty talented. Has us all hanging on by our finger nails.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773
    lazloblue wrote:
    I can't fathom that we only have 3 more episodes to wrap up the whole BBad crusade.

That Vince G is pretty talented. Has us all hanging on by our finger nails.

Yeah, I can't believe there are only 3 left. I'm so excited to see how it ends, but it's pretty sad at the same time that this is it. I really wish AMC wouldn't have dropped the ball and let them do 2 seasons of 13 episodes each instead of these 2 half seasons of 8 episodes. Oh well.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    They should have ended the episode right when the first bullet was fired. It was lame to see a million shots fired at a close range and only Gomi possibly hit. It just doesn't make much sense besides their desire to build suspense. I loved the story up until the shootout where everyone missed everyone :lol:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    They should have ended the episode right when the first bullet was fired. It was lame to see a million shots fired at a close range and only Gomi possibly hit. It just doesn't make much sense besides their desire to build suspense. I loved the story up until the shootout where everyone missed everyone :lol:.

Totally agree, those were my thoughts when watching it too. They started firing while Hank and Gomie were out in the open with no cover and everybody missed them? :roll: Not going to complain much though considering how awesome this series is.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I thought I was watching a James Bond movie there for a second. :lol:
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I don't want to wait until Sunday!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Me neither. :( :cry::cry:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951

Football + Breaking Bad = heaven
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Football + Breaking Bad = heaven

+1
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217

Pretty sure I just talked my girlfriend into getting me this as an anniversary/xmas combo gift, STOKED!

52 hours of bonus content including a new 2 hour documentary of the making of the final season which includes footage of Bryan Cranston and other actors reading the final script for the first time. And a segment following Bryan Cranston's directing of the episode "blood money" (I think it said it was an hour long? not sure). Plus I'm pretty sure I read that it includes all of the bonus content from all of the previous dvd/blu-ray releases.

Total of 16 discs :shock:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RiotZact wrote:

Pretty sure I just talked my girlfriend into getting me this as an anniversary/xmas combo gift, STOKED!

52 hours of bonus content including a new 2 hour documentary of the making of the final season which includes footage of Bryan Cranston and other actors reading the final script for the first time. And a segment following Bryan Cranston's directing of the episode "blood money" (I think it said it was an hour long? not sure). Plus I'm pretty sure I read that it includes all of the bonus content from all of the previous dvd/blu-ray releases.

It's a thing of beauty, i'm trying to convince myself to take the plunge :think:
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Wow. I have every season that has been released on blu-ray already so wouldn't make much sense for me to get this. Although it may be worth it for the special features alone....
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Wow. I have every season that has been released on blu-ray already so wouldn't make much sense for me to get this. Although it may be worth it for the special features alone....

Same Here. :(
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah that's tough, a huge majority of those special features is stuff you probably already have. Maybe all the new stuff will be on the regular blu ray release of the final season? Hasn't been any word on that as far as I know.

I don't own any of the previous DVDs or blu rays so it's a no brainer for me. Plus I'm a HUUUUUGGGGE sucker for the stuff like the barrel, the apron, and the pictures printed on the top of the discs like the teddy bear and the spider. Those aren't like that on the previous releases are they?
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah that's tough, a huge majority of those special features is stuff you probably already have. Maybe all the new stuff will be on the regular blu ray release of the final season? Hasn't been any word on that as far as I know.

I don't own any of the previous DVDs or blu rays so it's a no brainer for me. Plus I'm a HUUUUUGGGGE sucker for the stuff like the barrel, the apron, and the pictures printed on the top of the discs like the teddy bear and the spider. Those aren't like that on the previous releases are they?

Yeah, I am hoping all the new stuff will be on the blu ray for these final 8 episodes.

Pictures on top of the discs aren't like that on the blu-rays that have already been released unfortunately.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah, I am hoping all the new stuff will be on the blu ray for these final 8 episodes.

Pictures on top of the discs aren't like that on the blu-rays that have already been released unfortunately.

I just found this

http://www.businessinsider.com/breaking ... ate-2013-9

If you scroll to the bottom it says the features of the regular DVD and blu ray, seems like there's definitely some things missing.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Better Call Saul becomes prequel to Breaking Bad for AMC.
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Better-Call-Saul-Badger-325.jpg

:clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Just watched Sunday's episode. :shock:
    Wow!

I knew as soon as Hank called Marie something was gonna go down. I really didn't expect the gang to come out and take them out. 100 bullets fired, some from high powered rifles, and nothing? :fp:
    I bet Gomez dies and Hank lives. I can see Walt getting out and stopping it whereby saving Hank's life. Jesse will live too...at least for a little while.

Awesome fn show!!!
  • Options

Finally! Last couple times I heard Vince and Bob talk about it they didn't seem so optimistic, relief to hear it got confirmed.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Finally! Last couple times I heard Vince and Bob talk about it they didn't seem so optimistic, relief to hear it got confirmed.

Should be interesting to see what they do with this show. I love Saul's character, but he is mostly used as comic relief it seems. Not sure if he could carry a show on his own. But if Vince Gilligan is involved, I am optimistic.
  • Options