Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I disagree. I don't see any reason for Walt to suspect Jesse was with Hank, after Hank beat the hell out of him. Jesse always refers to him as an asshole or dickhead brother-in-law. He hates him.

I do think it was careless of Walt to leave the phone messages for him though. Especially when he knows that Hank has put together the connection between Jesse and himself and had been questioning Jesse about everything.

I like the Hank/Jesse vs Walt/Todd dynamic. I think at least 2/4 will die in the next episode or 2.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    downloading now!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whats one more?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    What's one more?
    :o
    Skyler is turning Heisenberg-ish :lol:

Skysenberg :lol:
  • Options
    that was awesome!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Ok I'm going back to my original belief, Hank is just as much of an asshole as anyone else. Sacrificing someones life to get his guy because he values that persons life less because he is a drug addict and/or criminal. Pretty sure he would lose his job if one of his superiors found out he said that.

And does anyone remember waaaaay back when Walt was found naked in the store and he was talking to a Psychologist about what happened and the Psychologist said that he wasn't allowed to tell anyone anything that Walt said without his permission UNLESS he threatened someone, in which case he could tell only that someone. What if Marie tells her therapist that it's Walt she's thinking about poisoning and he tells Walt? I would have to imagine that would make things get pretty hairy. Plus after 6 years why are we just now finally seeing her therapist that's been talked about several times? Seems odd unless there was a reason for it.
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Is anyone familiar with the British metal band Diamond Head? They had a great tune in the early 80's called Am I Evil?, which was then covered (very well, I might add) by Metallica on their Garage Inc album in the late 90's...
    Anyway, after watching (and re-watching ;) ) "Rabid Dog", I wish the writers would have called the episode "Am I Evil?" instead...
    I find it absolutely hilarious that with the exception of Walt Jr., everyone in that episode last night showed/confirmed their evil side...
    Saul again suggesting someone get whacked (Jesse)...
    Skyler suggesting Jesse get whacked...
    Marie talking poisons and wishing Walt dead (again)...
    Hank having ZERO issues with a possible dead Jesse if it means getting Walt...
    Only until the final seconds of the episode when Walt makes the call to Todd for another "job" for his uncle, is EVERYONE BUT WALT seriously thinking/suggesting about death/murdering.
    What an episode!!!
    Isn't it funny to watch Walt trying to lie to Skylar like old Walt in season 1? Hahaha, he stops cooking meth for a little while and he is fading back into old Walter White.
    I, for one, am on TEAM WALT. I can't wait for a full Heisenberg theater. Jesse has something up his sleeve alright, but his declaration about Mr. White being the devil and smarter and lucky sure rang true.
    What a show.
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Go Walt! :D
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    RiotZact wrote:
    Ok I'm going back to my original belief, Hank is just as much of an asshole as anyone else. Sacrificing someones life to get his guy because he values that persons life less because he is a drug addict and/or criminal. Pretty sure he would lose his job if one of his superiors found out he said that.

And does anyone remember waaaaay back when Walt was found naked in the store and he was talking to a Psychologist about what happened and the Psychologist said that he wasn't allowed to tell anyone anything that Walt said without his permission UNLESS he threatened someone, in which case he could tell only that someone. What if Marie tells her therapist that it's Walt she's thinking about poisoning and he tells Walt? I would have to imagine that would make things get pretty hairy. Plus after 6 years why are we just now finally seeing her therapist that's been talked about several times? Seems odd unless there was a reason for it.

So Hank is as much of an asshole as Walt? Come on now.

Not sure where you get 6 years from, but the timeline of this show has only been about a year and a half at this point.
  • Options
    Oh my

Cant wait until the next episode :corn:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    RiotZact wrote:

Not sure where you get 6 years from, but the timeline of this show has only been about a year and a half at this point.

It started playing on TV in 2008. Not quite 6 years but I think that's what they meant.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Funny when Marie gave Jesse the DEA coffee mug.

So, what does Jesse have in store for Walt?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    What's one more?

And she wonders why people don't like her character... Ever since she's gotten a taste of this lifestyle she's been "breaking bad" too
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    dougfloyd wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    What's one more?

And she wonders why people don't like her character... Ever since she's gotten a taste of this lifestyle she's been "breaking bad" too

I don't think she is turning Heisberg-ish...I think she officially became Mrs. Heisenberg last night. She's slowly Ben turning the last few weeks, but she has crossed over by suggesting Walt kill Jesse. She might even kill him herself :o
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    RiotZact wrote:

Sorry guess I should have said everyone except Walt, I consider Walt to be in his own class far beyond "asshole". And I meant the time of us viewers, the show is in it's 6th year. Not sure what I said that caused you to jump on me I was just stating my opinion. You think Hank is a hero? Great, I wasn't trying to convince you otherwise, just saying what I personally thought about him.
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    What's one more?

I AGREE..I DIG THO
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Sorry guess I should have said everyone except Walt, I consider Walt to be in his own class far beyond "asshole". And I meant the time of us viewers, the show is in it's 6th year. Not sure what I said that caused you to jump on me I was just stating my opinion. You think Hank is a hero? Great, I wasn't trying to convince you otherwise, just saying what I personally thought about him.

Not trying to jump on you there...sorry if it came across that way. I just disagree with you that Hank is an asshole.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What is Jesse going to do? What would drive Walt crazy? I was thinking Jesse could claim to be Heisenberg but he already has some confessions on tape with Hank. Walt's kids are the only other thing I can think of currently. If everyone is breaking bad, Jesse going after Walt's kids would follow the pattern.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    What is Jesse going to do? What would drive Walt crazy? I was thinking Jesse could claim to be Heisenberg but he already has some confessions on tape with Hank. Walt's kids are the only other thing I can think of currently. If everyone is breaking bad, Jesse going after Walt's kids would follow the pattern.

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. It's hard to see Jesse going after Walt's kids....but I also didn't think this would get to the point where Skylar is telling Walt to kill someone...
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    JK_Livin wrote:
    What is Jesse going to do? What would drive Walt crazy?
    Jesse has a plan...it showed in his smirk. He knows exactly what to do and how to get to what hurts Walt the most...
    And yes, it could definitely be the kids, and I think at some point they do get involved...
    However, the name of the next episode is 'To'hajiilee'...the name of an Indian reservation in New Mexico...also the site of Jesse & Walt's first cook...also the burial place of Walt's barrels of $$$$
    :D
    We all know how Walt feels about the $$$

Note that a new character joins for the next 4 episodes: "Jack's man"--> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2301449/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

As in the white supremacist Uncle Jack (of Todd)...

CAN NOT WAIT :o
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    the name of the next episode is 'To'hajiilee'...the name of an Indian reservation in New Mexico...also the burial place of Walt's barrels of $$$$

Thats what I'm thinking too
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Jesse has a plan...it showed in his smirk. He knows exactly what to do and how to get to what hurts Walt the most...
    And yes, it could definitely be the kids, and I think at some point they do get involved...
    However, the name of the next episode is 'To'hajiilee'...the name of an Indian reservation in New Mexico...also the site of Jesse & Walt's first cook...also the burial place of Walt's barrels of $$$$
    We all know how Walt feels about the $$$

Note that a new character joins for the next 4 episodes: "Jack's man"--> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2301449/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

As in the white supremacist Uncle Jack (of Todd)...

CAN NOT WAIT :o

It says he was already in the episode "Buried" as Matt.

The kids mean more to Walt than the money.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    You played around with the timeline in this episode, and we got to see the gasoline-in-the-house scene at two different points. How did you decide to do that?

This was one of the hardest episodes to break in the history of the show. I don't think anyone would disagree with me. This one and the one before it. A lot of it was this sort of time element that we were playing with. We wanted to hide Jesse from the audience and see how long we could do that. Hopefully there would be some tension in not knowing where he is. From the cliffhanger [of the previous episode], it's so clear the house is going to get burned down. So when we don't do that, we sort of wanted to make the audience wait for an explanation. "How the hell is that house still standing?" We thought it was a fun challenge in terms of storytelling to make the audience wait for their answers.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... dog-618853

What is this guy talking about, no one whose been watching expected the house to be burned down.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Seems to me will go after walts money
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm not thinking that way because Walt is the only one that knows where it is and Jesse clearly doesn't care about money any more.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm not thinking that way because Walt is the only one that knows where it is and Jesse clearly doesn't care about money any more.[/quote]

What if he burns it all. Takes away the one thing Walt has worked so hard for. Now he's going to die, and the family won't have a cent! Bigtime "FU" to Walt! :think:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mca47 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I'm not thinking that way because Walt is the only one that knows where it is and Jesse clearly doesn't care about money any more.

What if he burns it all. Takes away the one thing Walt has worked so hard for. Now he's going to die, and the family won't have a cent! Bigtime "FU" to Walt! :think:[/quote]

Funny thing is if he had burned the house down the lotto ticket with the coordinance would have burned with it.
  • Options

What if he burns it all. Takes away the one thing Walt has worked so hard for. Now he's going to die, and the family won't have a cent! Bigtime "FU" to Walt! :think:

Funny thing is if he had burned the house down the lotto ticket with the coordinance would have burned with it.[/quote]

Possible he got it out of Saul when he was beating the shit outta him? Saul maybe feared for his life and told him (perhaps in a similar "we didn't show you the whole story" kinda thing). Then Saul suggests killing him...
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Damn...this show is just full of awesome...missed all the discussion of this season...but been watching every minute of it. Can't wait for next week's episode.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Funny thing is if he had burned the house down the lotto ticket with the coordinance would have burned with it.

Possible he got it out of Saul when he was beating the shit outta him? Saul maybe feared for his life and told him (perhaps in a similar "we didn't show you the whole story" kinda thing). Then Saul suggests killing him...[/quote]

I don't think Saul knows the location of the money.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer